Dan & Phil Part 3: Abs and Angst

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

bluebox-away wrote:
Falo0da wrote:^^You joke, but I literally thought there were legit brothers for much longer than I should've tbh.
People can be so ungrateful. I spent about half an hour earlier today, wondering if I should even ask for the link because frankly, I have no right to do so. First, I haven't contributed to this (fuckin' awesome) forum at all, and second, I don't know anyone here. So it goes without saying that when I shamelessly went ahead and asked for the link anyway, I didn't actually expect to receive it. To my surprise though, the "selfish idiots" were nice enough to share it with me despite my post count and how shady that obviously must have seemed. (Thank you for that btw, you're a hero )
And I now feel bad for having ever asked. :? You guys don't owe me or anyone else anything really, if you're the one doing all the work. Better to ignore people you don't know than help out entitled brats who'd only proceed to throw a tantrum on how shit you are at helping them.

Just wanted to say this cuz that old description was just... wow.
/rant
I've popped my main forum cherry now and I don't know how to feel.
By the time I woke up your message was several hours old and the link was already spreading on tumblr so I figured it was fine, and to be fair you had at least made a post a couple of weeks back when the forum opened. It's the people who literally delurk, have 0 posts and PM for information within 5 minutes of registering that are a bit infuriating :sideeye:
Even as a non-lurker I felt weird about pm'ing and just decided to wait until Monday lol
edit: top of the page nooo
cherry wrote:
Cuties. But seriously Phil, get on that haircut.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Elemancy
butt chair

Quick observation about Anne on TWL. These lines of hers were killing me:
"Who's the chainsaw in your rainforest? Who's bright as a winter's day in Alaska? Who thinks algebra is a star sign? Whose IQ goes down after a haircut?"

I've never seen a single episode of TWL stateside or UK, so I had no idea Anne's attitude with the guests was such a feature of the show, because damn, she goes in. That coupled with the tension of answering the questions quickly and correctly would make me fold so fast. Kudos to Phil for knowing how it works, deciding to compete anyway and holding up pretty well against Anne's assesment of his hair and career options.
I think he held his own throughout, but towards the end he seemed to be skipping a few more than answering. (especially on the 'nurse' question, he looked so put off with himself for passing on it and then the atheist answer he gave where his face is just a bit 'what..?' when he gets it wrong)

Also: "I thought she was the worst player and her dog looks a bit bored now." Amazing.

It's interesting how he takes these kinds of concerted risks in putting himself out there, competing on such a high tension game show, auditioning for Faintheart and Big Brother, putting his all into Youtube rather than investing his degree in other 'safer' options and agreeing to do the radio show with Dan, but seemingly passing up on hosting documentaries or celebrity interviews like the ones Dan did where he could arguably gain more broad appeal. It's such a deliberately selective process he's set up for himself. He appears to have a clear idea of where he'd like to go and tailors all decisions to meet those ends, like with his studying linguistics, but already knowing he wasn't going to do much of anything with it, whereas film has always been his one passion. (and I love how he took the Neistat route and referred to his uploads on youtube as films or dramas. 'alligator eats racoon' was pretty intense ngl.)
But really, it's interesting to see just how focused he was on where he wanted to go even if he didn't have a clear idea of how things were going to come together towards that end. Like the way I interpreted his drawing in tabinof as focusing on the bigger picture rather than getting stuck in the details. Even now, with Phil managing certain aspects of the tour behind the scenes in nearly the same capacity as the director he told Anne he wanted to be, enjoying the creative liberty he shares with Dan on their projects and continuing with Youtube for ten years rather than striking out to do something else, I always wonder what's next for him- where exactly is he diverting his interests towards in the next stage of his career and life?

I know it's subjective, but Phil's always struck me as this compelling personality and I like trying to understand him and his motivations better.

(I feel like Tyler now, 'there are depths of you I want to get to know.")
:dildo:
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

cherry wrote: They also tweeted these
Those are some nice tweets. I didn't think Phil's hair looked so bad in his latest live show, but I can see what he means in this pic. He does need a haircut. Also Dan should stop doing his face angle thing. There is nothing wrong with the other side of his face. If I am wrong and this is his less well known side, I take it all back
They still look cute though.
jhamba
procrastinator

Gnosia wrote:It's interesting how he takes these kinds of concerted risks in putting himself out there, competing on such a high tension game show, auditioning for Faintheart and Big Brother, putting his all into Youtube rather than investing his degree in other 'safer' options and agreeing to do the radio show with Dan, but seemingly passing up on hosting documentaries or celebrity interviews like the ones Dan did where he could arguably gain more broad appeal. It's such a deliberately selective process he's set up for himself. He appears to have a clear idea of where he'd like to go and tailors all decisions to meet those ends, like with his studying linguistics, but already knowing he wasn't going to do much of anything with it, whereas film has always been his one passion.
you're forgetting something. Phil at that point was not as established as he is today. He can afford to pass up on those kinds of things, in a way a student looking to establish himself in the media cannot. I think he seems to very specifically work behind the scenes, so to say, and now feels comfortable enough refusing the kinds of things he's not very interested in
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:
Those are some nice tweets. I didn't think Phil's hair looked so bad in his latest live show, but I can see what he means in this pic. He does need a haircut. Also Dan should stop doing his face angle thing. There is nothing wrong with the other side of his face. If I am wrong and this is his less well known side, I take it all back
You're not wrong, it's sad dimple all the way.
Good on the theatre for only tweeting that after they were done today so wouldn't get any hassle at, or going to/from rehearsals.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
Good on the theatre for only tweeting that after they were done today so wouldn't get any hassle at, or going to/from rehearsals.
Of course, I should have been able to recognize it from that all. Fake fan. I was really sure I was right, posted it and then suddenly didn't know anymore. :sideeye:

I agree that was good of them. Now they still get the exposure and did not get harassed/stalked. Smart move.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Falo0da wrote:^^You joke, but I literally thought there were legit brothers for much longer than I should've tbh.
As it weird as it sounds, it's kind of common for same-sex couples to get mistaken for brothers or sisters? It happen to my girlfriend and I sometimes, which I still find quite disturbing. :shock: (We look nothing alike, seriously.) I think it's because as a couple you end up taking over each others mannerisms/patterns of speech, and this mental image is just enhanced if you start subconsciously dressing the same or getting the same haircut as your same-sex partner.

Incredible, the the things I find on YouTube....'gay osmosis'
Someone posted TWL video on youtube with this description:
"Just share the damn thing, you selfish idiots. indepthbants.com"
Wonder how long till the BBC (or Phil?) takes it down for copyright reasons..
That description, how mature. :roll: Sound like someone was upset we weren't handing out the DD password to people who have only posted on here once.
Last edited by coffee pig on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
daphenaxa
blobfish

I don't think Phil's hair looks bad?
Also it seems they have been photoshopped or like copied and pasted in front of that building that's funny. (they are not but it kinda looks like it is what I'm saying)
Dan looking like reversed.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
Of course, I should have been able to recognize it from that all. Fake fan. I was really sure I was right, posted it and then suddenly didn't know anymore. :sideeye:

I agree that was good of them. Now they still get the exposure and did not get harassed/stalked. Smart move.
See, you say fake fan, I had to think about sad dimple because I'm struggling with left/right at the age of 30, though to be fair, i've had a forced switch in dominance so APPARENTLY according to the physio, today (after he stopped laughing when he asked me if i was r/l handed and answered "right" but raised my left hand then stopped and stared) confusion is not an unexpected thing...! so who's the worse human? :facepalm:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
phamnotof
morning quiff

jhamba wrote:
Gnosia wrote:It's interesting how he takes these kinds of concerted risks in putting himself out there, competing on such a high tension game show, auditioning for Faintheart and Big Brother, putting his all into Youtube rather than investing his degree in other 'safer' options and agreeing to do the radio show with Dan, but seemingly passing up on hosting documentaries or celebrity interviews like the ones Dan did where he could arguably gain more broad appeal. It's such a deliberately selective process he's set up for himself. He appears to have a clear idea of where he'd like to go and tailors all decisions to meet those ends, like with his studying linguistics, but already knowing he wasn't going to do much of anything with it, whereas film has always been his one passion.
you're forgetting something. Phil at that point was not as established as he is today. He can afford to pass up on those kinds of things, in a way a student looking to establish himself in the media cannot. I think he seems to very specifically work behind the scenes, so to say, and now feels comfortable enough refusing the kinds of things he's not very interested in
phil's always been and always will be a savvy, ambitious, success-oriented fucker who knew what he wanted, and I say that with the utmost respect. YT fame might have 'happened' to them, but it never would have without putting hella lot of effort and work in.
(which, fight me, but he may hide behind a hufflepuff persona but phil is SUCH a slytherin, it's beautiful )
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

daphenaxa wrote:Dan looking like reversed.
lbr that's probably what he's going for.

The comments on the TWL video on YouTube reminds me of why I haven't been on the phan tag on Tumblr since early 2013 jfc :roll:

"Who's coming with me to kill Anne and Collin for offending our cinnamon roll??"

bruh chill and go take a walk outside.

"The Woman is so rude to phil!" "at least Phil is more famous than her now xD"

I sincerely doubt that Phil Lester is more of a UK household name than Anne Robinson.

I shouldn't read YouTube comments.
Last edited by Catallena on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:

See, you say fake fan, I had to think about sad dimple because I'm struggling with left/right at the age of 30, though to be fair, i've had a forced switch in dominance so APPARENTLY according to the physio, today (after he stopped laughing when he asked me if i was r/l handed and answered "right" but raised my left hand then stopped and stared) confusion is not an unexpected thing...! so who's the worse human? :facepalm:
Okay you got me, that is even worse. ;) Although it is good that you now have an explanation for it
jhamba
procrastinator

phamnotof wrote:
jhamba wrote:
phil's always been and always will be a savvy, ambitious, success-oriented fucker who knew what he wanted, and I say that with the utmost respect. YT fame might have 'happened' to them, but it never would have without putting hella lot of effort and work in.
(which, fight me, but he may hide behind a hufflepuff persona but phil is SUCH a slytherin, it's beautiful )
lol, believe me, I'm with you on this one. I have always believed that Phil is secretly evil (which is not what you said, but I'm saying it). He definitely has some very slytherin traits. Interestingly enough, i actually can believe hufflepuff for him, because he's a slytherin in a very hufflepuff way. a little like slughorn, but more charming. Maybe Tom Riddle.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
esso
spork

phamnotof wrote:
jhamba wrote:
I totally agree with Phil as a Slytherin. Especially with jokes about angry Phil DMs. Such a clever son of a bitch :lol:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Catallena wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:Dan looking like reversed.
lbr that's probably what he's going for.

The comments on the TWL video on YouTube reminds me of why I haven't been on the phan tag on Tumblr since early 2013 jfc :roll:

"Who's coming with me to kill Anne and Collin for offending our cinnamon roll??"

bruh chill and go take a walk outside.

"The Woman is so rude to phil!" "at least Phil is more famous than her now xD"

I sincerely doubt that Phil Lester is more of a UK household name than Anne Robinson.
Those comments are just so cringe worthy. :facepalm: For the most part the Phan tag on Tumblr hasn't been that bad though. And the few instances it is, I just ignore it.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

I really hoped that once Dan saw the sad dimple meme he might stop thinking his right side is his "good" side but *sigh* he still does the exact same standard pose in all pictures. I want to see more of the left dimple dammit :x . At least there's no peace sign.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
yonahime
glabella

fancybum wrote: Discussion topics vary with the guest (as does the level of tipsiness), but it's usually just talking lighthearted nonsense.
or talking about death :D
They said Phil only had one drink, so he's not going to be inebriated at all and the convo is unlikely to get too deep, but I'm still quite interested to see what they'll end up talking about. Also because he and Hazel have known each other for years, he should be more comfortable than he appeared in the Caspar collab. Should be fun!
oh should we place bets on whether or not Dan will make any kind of appearance in name/presence?
I bet... he'll be mentioned but won't actually be in the video..
thanks! I would kill for a discussion about death and life after death from Phil. I'd kill for any opinions from Phil actually. I hope we'll gain some information even if it doesn't get too deep. Say something controversial Phil! :lol: (but not bad controversial)

Will they film in the living room or his bedroom? I secretly hope we'll get a new angle on their apartement. I don't see how dan would just randomly appear in the video especially if they're filming in phil's bedroom. It's not scripted like Caspar's video was. But who knows.
Elemancy
butt chair

jhamba wrote:
phamnotof wrote:
jhamba wrote:
lol, believe me, I'm with you on this one. I have always believed that Phil is secretly evil (which is not what you said, but I'm saying it). He definitely has some very slytherin traits. Interestingly enough, i actually can believe hufflepuff for him, because he's a slytherin in a very hufflepuff way. a little like slughorn, but more charming
It makes sense now. He's collected Dan as part of his slug club. This is the only conspiracy theory that matters.

It's very true, he has considerably more leg room now to move around and refuse offers, but I just found it interesting how even with the freedom of being well established that he doesn't take advantage of it just for the exposure factor alone, even when he was once ready to be on Big Brother. (I mean I still don't know if he'd ever jump on the opportunity to interview Sarah Michelle Gellar as he's said he might be too overwhelmed to get through it, but he strikes me as the type of person that when he puts his mind to something he wants to do he goes ahead and does it without sitting on the idea for very long, especially if he's convinced it has a good chance of being successful.) Now he has the liberty to work behind the scenes and have more executive control over the entire process, but I keep wondering, if he has no interest in those types of opportunities in media, after the tour and the radio show, what does he mean to do?
He's so hush on certain things, preferring to keep his cards close and playing them as he goes along rather than discussing it first, which is admirable, but I'm always left wondering with him.
:dildo:
starlight-still
truth bomb

lilMango
morning quiff

Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
phamnotof
morning quiff

jhamba wrote:lol, believe me, I'm with you on this one. I have always believed that Phil is secretly evil (which is not what you said, but I'm saying it). He definitely has some very slytherin traits. Interestingly enough, i actually can believe hufflepuff for him, because he's a slytherin in a very hufflepuff way. a little like slughorn, but more charming. Maybe Tom Riddle.
esso wrote:I totally agree with Phil as a Slytherin. Especially with jokes about angry Phil DMs. Such a clever son of a bitch :lol:
yaaay team slytherin!phil. it's the joy of my existence. and yes, all the angry DMs rather than public outbursts, the copyright claims, the silence that somehow turned into a wall, the bullet-proof kid friendly persona working as a perfect shield, the way he navigates the public perception of himself like a damn puppet master - it all reads as hella slytherin to me. and yeah, i'd definitely say that he values some hufflepuff qualities, but as far as actually being a hufflepuff? i think he'd be bored as fuck after a few months. i think he needs a challenge.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

daphenaxa wrote: Dan looking like reversed.
Dan has resting doge face.

Guys i don't think bbc or anyone is gonna take down the weakest link on youtube tho, i found lots of other episodes they are all fine.(Unless Phil took his episode down and pretend it was bbc who did this… Someone say Slytherin?)
angrymob
hobbit hair

lilMango wrote:
He heard we were talking shit about his hair, haha.
daphenaxa
blobfish

lol omg Fabrice went to their house to cut Phil's hair lol
Last edited by daphenaxa on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

lilMango wrote:
It seems like Phil has finally found his hairdresser. Dan probably went as well
That face he pulls though. Why? He has a nice face, but he needs to stop pulling those stupid faces. I have lots of opinions today

I think Phil is a good mix between a slytherin and a hufflepuff.