Dan & Phil Part 42: lying makes you go to hell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

I think the new video is going to be on AmazingPhil! So not a gaming video. I see a lot of people hoping for a Singapore DITL, and as much as I'd also love that I just don't think it's realistic.... I doubt they'd want to film while on their vacay, and I don't think Phil would post another video with Dan on AmazingPhil directly after Easter Baking. Mostly, I think I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check. But honestly, who knows with them! They surprise me all the time, so really I'll just have to wait and see.
000dia000
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:
This one is from yesterday (at the gardens, I assume?) - they got creepshotted and I'm not a huge fan of creepshots but... professional camera, interesting.

I notice there's a lot of couples in the background, interesting...

I'm curious what they're up to. There's something so benign and innocent about the way they're sitting? they look like children on a school trip, and the teacher made them all sit down in a cluster to eat lunch/chill out. That IS a camera Dan is holding? I don't think it's too far a stretch to assume that they're vlogging, unless they're taking pics for their own private collection
:cactus:
bluebox-away
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

They are too goddamn cute I cannot handle this amount of cute instagrams

06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

Oooo I love the aesthetic matching instagrams. I wonder if they initially argued over who would get to post that kind of clip before eventually deciding it was okay for both of them to do it

And re: the photo of them with the big camera.... interesting. I mean they could be vlogging. But I also wouldn't put it past Dan to enjoy having very high quality artsy photos of their vacation. So again, who knows
malday
emo goose

bluebox-away wrote:They are too goddamn cute I cannot handle this amount of cute instagrams

even their descriptions match, i'm going to puke
DatCog
blobfish

That's so funny...moments after I post about them dropping off the radar, a load of fan pics show up! I'm just delighted to see the return of the sakura shirt and the possibility, albeit small, that we might get some video content from their time in Singapore :D :D
swofro
angel bean

I hate them so much. That instagram post is so cheesy and this is the only accurate way to describe me right now

Since we have #japhan for their trip to japan , I feel like we need to name this trip too but I can't think of anything catchier than #phanausia
Love is forever
flurry
living flop

000dia000 wrote:
I'm curious what they're up to. There's something so benign and innocent about the way they're sitting? they look like children on a school trip, and the teacher made them all sit down in a cluster to eat lunch/chill out. That IS a camera Dan is holding? I don't think it's too far a stretch to assume that they're vlogging, unless they're taking pics for their own private collection
The place they're at always has tons of people just sitting around - because the light show occurs on the artificial tree structures overhead. At times people even just lie down to see the light display; I've done that myself! Also, with the unbearable heat these few days, I'll be surprised if they don't need breaks now and then especially when walking in the open. It's nice to see them enjoying Singapore and yes probably no DITL tonight but hopefully some time later!

With regards to japhan and wanting to come up with "phan" names for places:

I haven't fully managed to articulate my thoughts on this and I know this might sound controversial and nitpicky because "japhan" is especially used throughout the phandom and maybe by D&P themselves, but I always feel uncomfortable when I come across it. It is slightly troubling to me that a place is labelled/known for D&P's exploits in it. England, where they are from, isn't know as "D&P-land" or something is it. Now that it concerns my own country, it makes me feel even more discomfited. Again, I can't fully explain at this moment what about it makes me feel this way, but it just feels like a trivialising of a place through only associating it with two travelling youtubers.

On a happier note, it's very nice to see people here getting to meet them, especially since I think their coming here was really unexpected.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Singaphore?

This is all very cute. There are tons of fan photos with them at the museum, so many people all happened to be there on the same day.

I love the new header, the plant, terrarium, pastel tea-party theme is lovely.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

flurry wrote:With regards to japhan and wanting to come up with "phan" names for places:

I haven't fully managed to articulate my thoughts on this and I know this might sound controversial and nitpicky because "japhan" is especially used throughout the phandom and maybe by D&P themselves, but I always feel uncomfortable when I come across it. It is slightly troubling to me that a place is labelled/known for D&P's exploits in it. England, where they are from, isn't know as "D&P-land" or something is it. Now that it concerns my own country, it makes me feel even more discomfited. Again, I can't fully explain at this moment what about it makes me feel this way, but it just feels like a trivialising of a place through only associating it with two travelling youtubers.
I can understand your reasoning but I think it's important to note that people aren't saying "japhan" as a replacement for the name of the place to be widely used henceforth, but as a concise way of referencing a holiday that Dan and Phil took there and differentiating it from other holidays they've taken to other places.
malday
emo goose

flurry wrote:
With regards to japhan and wanting to come up with "phan" names for places:

On a happier note, it's very nice to see people here getting to meet them, especially since I think their coming here was really unexpected.
The x-phan is used to refer to the things they shared from their trips(photos & videos of them). It's not trivializing those places at all. I think you are overestimating d&p's "fame", such names aren't used anywhere besides the hardcore phandom.
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

woop hi, totally coming into a mid-conversation, sorry. decided to come off lurking and now i have slight anxiety haha. but yeaaa, just wanted to say, that after i found this place (jokingly googled "dan and phil conspiracy theories" after seeing all the moving talk lately on tumblr), i've realized what a huge phannie i am. i'm blaming you guys. buuut i found myself liking this place more than tumblr, since you all seem very nice and not so all over the place than tumblr sometimes is. but yea, i feel super old now that i've been thinking of how long i've been watching both dan's and phil's vids because i've first come across them in 2010... they were kind of a thing when you were a teenager emo, pfft. i don't count myself a shipper per se, i don't read fics or anything, but i kinda believe they are together in all the ways possible, so go figure. so yeah hi, hopefully you'll see more of me (also not a native english speaker, so excuse me and my self-learned english yikes!)

rambling about myself there, oh well. i'm excited about whatever vid they're gonna put up today, kind hoping dapg since i like the gaming channel so much and i really hope it'll be a long one, haha. (gimme the rest of the horse dating, pleeeease!)

also i'm dying over the new instagram pics? they made me so happy for no reason.
flurry
living flop

Ah I see - so the "phan" name specifically refers to a trip there and the vibes it gives off - hence desiring another "japhan" trip so to speak is less about the place/country and more about what it means to D&P ie. their relaxed, sightseeing holiday together. Alright I do buy that!

Thanks alittledizzy and malday
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

auri wrote:woop hi, totally coming into a mid-conversation, sorry. decided to come off lurking and now i have slight anxiety haha. but yeaaa, just wanted to say, that after i found this place (jokingly googled "dan and phil conspiracy theories" after seeing all the moving talk lately on tumblr), i've realized what a huge phannie i am. i'm blaming you guys. buuut i found myself liking this place more than tumblr, since you all seem very nice and not so all over the place than tumblr sometimes is. but yea, i feel super old now that i've been thinking of how long i've been watching both dan's and phil's vids because i've first come across them in 2010... they were kind of a thing when you were a teenager emo, pfft. i don't count myself a shipper per se, i don't read fics or anything, but i kinda believe they are together in all the ways possible, so go figure. so yeah hi, hopefully you'll see more of me (also not a native english speaker, so excuse me and my self-learned english yikes!)

rambling about myself there, oh well. i'm excited about whatever vid they're gonna put up today, kind hoping dapg since i like the gaming channel so much and i really hope it'll be a long one, haha. (gimme the rest of the horse dating, pleeeease!)

also i'm dying over the new instagram pics? they made me so happy for no reason.
Welcome :D :welcome:
:D
majitzu
angel bean

Hi auri welcome... is your name taken from "the name of the wind"? There is a girl with that name on the book.

The boys are beautiful I've been phangirling with each photo.

I agree with dizzy , is just a name to refer to an event, intead of saying "remember when D&P went to japan?" you just say "Remember japhan?"

Also I want to say that if they come here I will be honored of hearing you guys say "Awww Pheru was so cute"
swofro
angel bean

flarequake wrote:Singaphore?

This is all very cute. There are tons of fan photos with them at the museum, so many people all happened to be there on the same day.

I love the new header, the plant, terrarium, pastel tea-party theme is lovely.
Singaphore sounds much better than what I'm suggesting.

Also agree with malday and alittledizzy, #japhan is used to describe their trip to japan, not the country itself

Edit: okay, wait, I just think of phanasia, a play of word of pan-asia, or asiaphacific, which is (not catchy at all and) a play of Asia Pacific
Love is forever
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

those pics they posted on ig are so pretty and aesthetic! also welcome auri!
:transheart:
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Gaming video tonight and I'm guessing the new AP video for next week will be a ditl?
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
DatCog
blobfish

confusedpanda wrote: Gaming video tonight and I'm guessing the new AP video for next week will be a ditl?
Earplugs? Yasuhati pt 2?

Really hopeful that the AP vid is going to be a Singapore DITL :thumb:

EDIT: I was right!!
Last edited by DatCog on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

DatCog wrote:
confusedpanda wrote: Gaming video tonight and I'm guessing the new AP video for next week will be a ditl?
Earplugs? Yasuhati pt 2?

Really hopeful that the AP vid is going to be a Singapore DITL :thumb:
oh noo, i really hope it's not yasuhati pt 2 :D the last one was funny but kinda annoying with all the shouting.

Singapore ditl would be nice tho! and it sounds like it's not pre-filmed or am i just having too many hopes for a ditl

Edit: oh gosh also my username is just a swedish version of my usual username, haha.
DatCog
blobfish

Oooh Phil says at the start that they don't care about the neighbours anymore...I wonder why that could be?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

DatCog wrote:Oooh Phil says at the start that they don't care about the neighbours anymore...I wonder why that could be?
Why indeed.

That was so funny, especially during Phil's parts.

Liked them singing toxic together.
000dia000
emo goose

It was strange to hear Dan say the line from his roast "..who people ship with his friends, cause they think it's kawaii" kind of out of context and also casually, in front of Phil, and just in the audience in a different setting to the context of the Roast video. It isn't a "phan" moment or an "anti-phan" moment, I just found it surprising how it was so casually expressed, with no reaction from either of them.

This may sound a stretch, in my saying, but I loved the moment when Dan just head-plants the desk, and then Phil just settles his hand on Dan's shoulder. It was such a friendly touch and moment, I realize now that sort of interaction could have been very easily edited out (as it has was probably done in the past, in similar situations) and would not have been noticed/missed, yet they decided to leave it in. It's nice that they can have this touching and interaction without it being a big deal.

Anyway, I loved the video, I thought it was hilarious. I can see this easily becoming a challenge, and I bet that was what they were hinting at in the title (or trying to encourage).

My favourite moments:
Them singing toxic together: actually beautiful, fight me.
When Phil said, "I feel like I've eaten a horse." and then Dan's stiffled giggle.
They really answer any delivery with "You've asked for this." They will be at their wedding and they will say, "Well, you asked for this, not our problem."
:cactus:
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Oh god, my ears. Wasn't quick enough with the volume control a few times. I laughed so hard though, Phil's singing The Black Parade actually had me in tears. I'm glad (for them) that they don't care about bothering the neighbours anymore , but did they ever really care about being loud in the past? If they're moving, I can't imagine the other tenants will miss them.
saffarinda
truth bomb

I think I actually liked this Yashuhati more than the first one, the singing element really does make it more amusing. Plus, that toxic duo was surprisingly amazing, gave me flashbacks to the old dnp, specifically the liveshow where they were trying to do the moan (you know the one, where Phil was sick in his York hoodie, just admit it we're all trash here )

I really hope they play some different games in the future, I think they'd enjoy The Stanley Parable - it's v meta and hilarious, with multiple endings that I feel they'd like to explore. :D
25/04/2017 - #blessed