Dan & Phil Part 3: Abs and Angst

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

phamnotof wrote:
jhamba wrote:
Gnosia wrote:It's interesting how he takes these kinds of concerted risks in putting himself out there, competing on such a high tension game show, auditioning for Faintheart and Big Brother, putting his all into Youtube rather than investing his degree in other 'safer' options and agreeing to do the radio show with Dan, but seemingly passing up on hosting documentaries or celebrity interviews like the ones Dan did where he could arguably gain more broad appeal. It's such a deliberately selective process he's set up for himself. He appears to have a clear idea of where he'd like to go and tailors all decisions to meet those ends, like with his studying linguistics, but already knowing he wasn't going to do much of anything with it, whereas film has always been his one passion.
you're forgetting something. Phil at that point was not as established as he is today. He can afford to pass up on those kinds of things, in a way a student looking to establish himself in the media cannot. I think he seems to very specifically work behind the scenes, so to say, and now feels comfortable enough refusing the kinds of things he's not very interested in
phil's always been and always will be a savvy, ambitious, success-oriented fucker who knew what he wanted, and I say that with the utmost respect. YT fame might have 'happened' to them, but it never would have without putting hella lot of effort and work in.
(which, fight me, but he may hide behind a hufflepuff persona but phil is SUCH a slytherin, it's beautiful )
Ladies and gentlemen, I present Phil:
(edit: crap, had to be top of the page didn't it)
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

^^

Puts a whole new meaning to saying Phil looks delicious.
Elemancy
butt chair

bluntedclaws wrote: Ladies and gentlemen, I present Phil:
A beautiful representation. :lol:
SquishPhan wrote:
I think Phil is a good mix between a slytherin and a hufflepuff.
A bouncy, charming, affable master mind with nice hair. I see it.
(didn't he once say he took the quiz himself and got hufflepuff? I wonder what the breakdown of the other houses looked like and what percentage of slytherin he was left with?)
:dildo:
gray_walls
dank meme

Is Tom shading phandom by any chance?
akui wrote:
daphenaxa wrote: Dan looking like reversed.
Dan has resting doge face.
funniest thing i heard today
excuse me my broken english
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Fabrice has been found!!!I love how we are discussing secret sneaky Phil and he post this silly thing I think Phil is really sneaky and intelligent enough to be a slytherin but has the kindness and empathy to be a hufflepuff. He really likes to be one step ahead of the game and really enjoys the business side of things. I think he is the type to only take risks when it is ensured there will be favorable outcomes. He also seems to want to please everyone around him and takes caution not to offend anyone. Maybe that's way he isn't as opinionated. On the flip he is very secretive about everything and he doesn't display much emotion or vulnerability making him seem like the stronger (less emotional) of the two. He like Dan is a perfectionist and likes things to go his way and only his way.Honestly Phil is enigma that is so hard to figure out. It's like I know he is not one-dimensional but its hard to tell what exactly his personality is like. I don't think it's something we can pinpoint because he is very unique and different in how he comes across. I enjoy it though I like that he can be kind and sweet but also aggressive and assertive when necessary.

Conclusion: Is there an option to be in both houses :D
yonahime
glabella

daphenaxa wrote:lol omg Fabrice went to their house to cut Phil's hair lol
wut? that's definitely weird :lol: don't tell me phandom really contacted him

All this talk about slytherin!phil, i have to disagree. But mostly because my hufflepuff headcanon is kind of different than most people. I feel like people always think hufflepuff as this cinnamon roll, kind people who doesn't have a mischievous side to them.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Phil looks delicious. I would eat him.

So weird that Fabrice actually came to their house. I don't know why I think this is so funny, but I do.
phamnotof
morning quiff

Gnosia wrote:
A beautiful representation. :lol:
SquishPhan wrote:
I think Phil is a good mix between a slytherin and a hufflepuff.
A bouncy, charming, affable master mind with nice hair. I see it.
(didn't he once say he took the quiz himself and got hufflepuff? I wonder what the breakdown of the other houses looked like and what percentage of slytherin he was left with?)
1) entirely edible
2) he might have, not sure, but i have a tendency to distrust the pottermore quiz, esp. when someone i percieve as a slytherin is taking it - it's sooo easy to manipulate/figure out & mold into a result you want (which isn't necessarily a lie, everyone has SOME qualities from every house)
3) then again, when dan took it, it was a choice between slytherin/gryffindor? which i thought was perfect. and he chose gryff., which works well in my head too as I think slyhterin would eat him alive, he's so easy to read and his emotions are loud and he's a major show-off, I don't think the atmosphere would make him happy
4) with phil, I do think that he has hufflepuff qualities, but i think he uses them as a shield/wall between his persona and private person in such an effective way that i can't percieve it as anything but slytherin
majitzu
angel bean

[offtopic]Image
After 1 month waiting look what arrive I'm [/offtopic]

that happens when i upload something while on my tablet *sight*
Last edited by majitzu on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Any more thread name suggestions before the poll is opened?
DryCereal
koi pond

Yup... adorable little innocent angel cinnamon roll that every so often comes out with things like this:
It's actually rat poison, I'm just trying to get rid of the big YouTubers, too much competition out there!
Definitely slytherin-evil-puppetmaster material.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
fancybum
senpai

gray_walls wrote:Is Tom shading phandom by any chance?
How so? Tom pops up in the background for a second, I think he's just joking about that.
If anything it would more likely be shade at Alfie:
Not the best of friends.. :lol:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
daphenaxa
blobfish

fancybum wrote:
How so? Tom pops up in the background for a second, I think he's just joking about that.
ohhhhhh do you know why Zoë would block him?? i want dirt
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
DryCereal
koi pond

fancybum wrote:
Eh? What have I missed this time?
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
RRR98
drama llama

This is my first forum. Id just started going through gg so I feel like I will wait 6-10 mothes to PM somebody for links. It just seems like its better to have a history before asking for things that took other members a long time to find.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

RRR98 wrote:This is my first forum. Id just started going through gg so I feel like I will wait 6-10 mothes to PM somebody for links. It just seems like its better to have a history before asking for things that took other members a long time to find.
A public link was posted in this thread a little while ago so there's no need to PM for a link. Much appreciated though.
RRR98
drama llama

spider wrote:
RRR98 wrote:This is my first forum. Id just started going through gg so I feel like I will wait 6-10 mothes to PM somebody for links. It just seems like its better to have a history before asking for things that took other members a long time to find.
A public link was posted in this thread a little while ago so there's no need to PM for a link.

I mean I was going to wait until the WL video was public or for stuff like that Im too new and if I was in somebody else position I wouldt give it to them. Do you know what I mean.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

RRR98 wrote:I mean I was going to wait until the WL video was public or for stuff like that Im too new and if I was in somebody else position I wouldt give it to them. Do you know what I mean.
Yeah understood.
fancybum
senpai

Off-topic sorrrrry:
daphenaxa wrote: ohhhhhh do you know why Zoë would block him?? i want dirt
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Eh? What have I missed this time?
Generally just stuff like that? I think he's just pretty open about people he thinks are bullshit.

More context to how that is probs straight-up Alfie shade:
Last edited by fancybum on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

vincentian wrote: But the video is shared on twitter and tweeted to Phil with the original caption with IDB link.. Guess it's a matter of time before he sees it/has already seen it. :tsk: Ughh why.. I don't think it's a big deal, but still (unwanted?) exposure for this forum.
example
This is the only part of the phandom I don't understand. Things are found that we've been searching for for ages and then people want to suddenly tweet it/blog it and inform D&P that it's been found. I just don't get the attraction of needing that attention, there's just no need for it. What if Phil doesn't want it to be shared and then tries to get it removed, where is the fun in that. I don't mind the sharing of things but the constant need to get D&P attention by tweeting it to them, whyyyyy?!
Moderator Action :
please take the tomska (non phandom shade) discussion to the other youtubers section. thank you :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
gray_walls
dank meme

fancybum wrote:
I saw a lot of people complaining how phans hate on poor little Alfie for not giving credit to Phil, but it was just random viewers complaining and not fellow youtubers. Also i got an impression that quite a few youtubers likes to shade phandom, so i was wondering if it was what Tom was doing for a moment. It was most likely a harmless joke with Alfie, i just really don't like when youtubers make fun of fangirls.

I had no idea about Tomska/Zoe/Alfie dramatic history, please share!
excuse me my broken english
swofro
angel bean

Just woke up *yawn*

Re Hogwarts house Phil. I am team Slytherin because he is a mastermind, know what he wants and know how to get it. He charms people to turn into his own police force. He is basically Tom Riddle but with a genuine love in his heart for Dan.
Am I writing a fanfic? Maybe. Who knows. I know

Re edible Phil. Tots gonna eat it and make another one just to eat it again.

Re Phil's hair. Maybe Fabrice is one of us...
Love is forever
angrymob
hobbit hair

missemma wrote:
vincentian wrote: But the video is shared on twitter and tweeted to Phil with the original caption with IDB link.. Guess it's a matter of time before he sees it/has already seen it. :tsk: Ughh why.. I don't think it's a big deal, but still (unwanted?) exposure for this forum.
example
This is the only part of the phandom I don't understand. Things are found that we've been searching for for ages and then people want to suddenly tweet it/blog it and inform D&P that it's been found. I just don't get the attraction of needing that attention, there's just no need for it. What if Phil doesn't want it to be shared and then tries to get it removed, where is the fun in that. I don't mind the sharing of things but the constant need to get D&P attention by tweeting it to them, whyyyyy?!
Moderator Action :
please take the tomska discussion to the other youtubers section. thank you :)
I agree with this.

Though, I think it's people hoping they'll respond and then they'll have something for their blogs (or I guess the satisfaction of being responded to, since nobody really cares about the person tweeting them). The thing is too, Phil has already talked about TWL before, so like it's not like he's going to suddenly have new insights just because we've found it. It's like showing something to a fan that's been around since the beginning and has seen everything, but times ten, because he's lived it and is more aware of his past than long-time fans would be.
violet-writer
living flop

swofro wrote:Just woke up *yawn*

Re Hogwarts house Phil. I am team Slytherin because he is a mastermind, know what he wants and know how to get it. He charms people to turn into his own police force. He is basically Tom Riddle but with a genuine love in his heart for Dan.
Am I writing a fanfic? Maybe. Who knows. I know

Re edible Phil. Tots gonna eat it and make another one just to eat it again.

Re Phil's hair. Maybe Fabrice is one of us...
the question is would i read that fanfic?... the answer, is yes, yes i would
when you first saw her-beauty, the dream- the human vortex of your life- or him - did you stop, and stand in the crisp air, breathing like a tree? did you change your life?

~ mary oliver
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

angrymob wrote:
missemma wrote:This is the only part of the phandom I don't understand. Things are found that we've been searching for for ages and then people want to suddenly tweet it/blog it and inform D&P that it's been found. I just don't get the attraction of needing that attention, there's just no need for it. What if Phil doesn't want it to be shared and then tries to get it removed, where is the fun in that. I don't mind the sharing of things but the constant need to get D&P attention by tweeting it to them, whyyyyy?!
I agree with this.

Though, I think it's people hoping they'll respond and then they'll have something for their blogs (or I guess the satisfaction of being responded to, since nobody really cares about the person tweeting them). The thing is too, Phil has already talked about TWL before, so like it's not like he's going to suddenly have new insights just because we've found it. It's like showing something to a fan that's been around since the beginning and has seen everything, but times ten, because he's lived it and is more aware of his past than long-time fans would be.
I think that's totally it - just the desire to be the person who gets the response so they can feel like for a moment, they were noticed. It's the same reason fans steal shock value art to repost it during tumblr tag videos. That type of attitude/behavior is one of those things that just happens in every fandom, but it's way more frequent with youtuber fandoms since youtubers (even Dan and Phil) are so much more accessible via social media.