Dan & Phil Part 47: Do it with Dan!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

snokoplasmic
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote:
so does this mean that they live on at least the 5th floor? or am i just hoping, lol
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

yeah i think. they said it's a duplex, but dan also said something about 9 floors? so maybe they're up at the ninth floor, or maybe he meant the building has 9. i wonder if floor 'e' is a mezzanine floor?
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote:
I've never see a letter in between numbered floors before. Is this a real thing? :wtf:

I've seen things like P, B, M before, but usually that's the parking/basement/main floors and then it goes 2 3 4 5 etc. like normal.
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
DatCog
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote:
This fits in with my vision of them having a swanky riverside duplex apartment with balcony area and security in the foyer. I reckon they're on at least the 10th floor as we all know how much they love a view from high up!
autumnhearth
senpai

Yes! I know it was the obvious choice, but I'm just happy about this quote being immortalized. Looking forward to doing it with Dan in an hour ;)

Well that's interesting, I was just watching Dan & Phil's VIP Backstage Tour of the 2015 Brits, where they go poke around the abandoned 5th floor (which had nice Five Nights At Freddy's vibes). So I'm all for Phil checking out "Floor E"! Curious.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

lmao alittledizzy. Love the spoiler in the first post! (also, throwback to that: i really do love that phil decided that comment was best made by a male fan.)

I've had a busy few days, so I just had the chance to catch up on Phil's LS last night and it was really calm and comforting and all the good things a Phil LS usually is. However, the one thing I wanted to note was that I noticed he's become increasingly obvious about faking questions.

Inclusive of the moment where the "chat froze", all of his questions were a little bit too convenient. I'm thinking, in particular, about the "What movies did you watch on the plane?" question (perfectly valid, but still shady in it's timing/delivery) and the fact that every video-related comment ("Talk about fortune telling!") happened in chronological order of the videos themselves. My assumption is that, during his little hiccup before the school-kids'-sounds conversation, he had some trouble pulling up his topics list.

Honestly, the lack of subtlety is hilarious. I wonder if he even has a list of names he can fall back on. (rip darla)
squishydanny
crusty sponge

TABINOF in Shane's new video starting at 11:48 ish. Kind of fuckin rude that Dan and Phil went out of their way to send Shane a free copy of the book, one that he's actually mentioned in (for being an inspiration to Dan to start his channel) and he stomps on it and puts duct tape across it. I know at the end he says "Buy these books! Team internet!" but I'm just getting tired of Shane bringing Dan and Phil up for NO reason when it is so clear he is doing it for attention/views. I know its not that big of a deal and #freepromo but just another example of Shane being annoying towards them. I'd love to see Shane's reaction when/if he ever realizes Dan hit him with that unfollow on Twitter. Anway- I am otherwise super excited for Dan's liveshow! :D
onetruetrash
blobfish

squishydanny wrote:
TABINOF in Shane's new video starting at 11:48 ish. Kind of fuckin rude that Dan and Phil went out of their way to send Shane a free copy of the book, one that he's actually mentioned in (for being an inspiration to Dan to start his channel) and he stomps on it and puts duct tape across it. I know at the end he says "Buy these books! Team internet!" but I'm just getting tired of Shane bringing Dan and Phil up for NO reason when it is so clear he is doing it for attention/views. I know its not that big of a deal and #freepromo but just another example of Shane being annoying towards them. I'd love to see Shane's reaction when/if he ever realizes Dan hit him with that unfollow on Twitter. Anway- I am otherwise super excited for Dan's liveshow! :D
I was about to bring Shane up too! My sister was watching his new video, I didn't even watch it, I heard it, and I was so annoyed. I actually watch his videos a lot because I just found him really funny. But now.... no. Even though I love his videos, I can't even think about him without feeling angry. Good job, Shane, you've officially lost a fan.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

sure, they didn't know male sims could get pregnant. it's not like they talked about that possibility before (or am i imagining this?) and the comments in all other videos were full of it or anything lies everywhere!

btw, is the ls also laggy for everyone else? i'm watching it on youtube. i'm not sure if it's his or my internet.
pulvis et umbra sumus
lurker
janice from the shop

it's been laggy for me since 10 minutes or so :/

not going to sitc because of "other commitments"? i'm intrigued.

i also thought the "just bants, no angst" part was interesting, and if i remember right, dizzy was pretty spot on in the last thread.

george asking about the banana prank now got me almost convinced he does exist after all. or maybe dan reads actual questions from the chat and sometimes just adds random names if he didn't catch the name of the person asking?
thank's you were great
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Got half way through the liveshow and can't watch the rest. It's so laggy, the sound keeps muffling and I'm forever salty they aren't doing sitc. Other commitments pfft, can find time to fly to Australia and America twice for conventions because they want a holiday but can't make time for us in the UK. Wouldn't be so bad but he mentioned that they've been loads of times before but actually 2015 was the last time they did a m&g in the UK which was tatinof. Ugh.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I just gave up as watching as well. I really hope some of you are able to watch it properly.
pulvis et umbra sumus
scientia
phabergé

Weird, I'm not getting any lag on youtube. He's so energetic and just seems happy and lively :D
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

The tumblr mirror isn't too bad, there's laggy bits but at least the sound is fine.

I did miss the bit where he was talking about the Sims, but when he mentioned how some people thought 'The Bahamas' was a restaurant, I pretty much wanted to yell at him. This utter troll, pretending he had no idea how dramatic the fandom was
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
Ablissa
pastel persona

I feel so uncultured when watching Dan's liveshows. I love listening to him, but I couldn't care less about music and most of the shows he watches.
lurker
janice from the shop

he's talked about overthinking his content and being somewhat unsure what "dan content" is. asked the chat, said he was happy with the bahamas video, said he needs to overthink less before filming, then got distracted by something else. asked a ~pal~ to water his bonsai tree, but said pal didn't do it and now it's crusty. he's going to sit in a quiet room and recharge this week bc it's been really social recently and this will hopefully give him creative ideas to film something or at least change his icons. new video next week or in two, if he's having a crisis. he likes filming for the gaming channel because they can just sit down and film without planning too much. they've been filming some of them apparently too.

now it's been music and movie talk so i'm not summing that up but i think these were the interesting bits (at least to me) for everyone who can't watch it rn due to the lag.
thank's you were great
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

"From the bottom of my Humble Rat Heart, thank you for watching me."
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

i'll be honest, sometimes i find dan's endless ramblings pretty boring. found myself drifting off and not paying attention a lot, i feel like he talks like he writes: long, no puncuation, and after a while i'm like "why am i trying to read this?"
(i realize this sounds kinda mean as i re-read it, i promise my intention isn't to sound like i hate dan lol)
edit: by "how he writes" i mean tweets and things of a similar nature, not like book-writing(because tbh i've never had a chance to read tabinof)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed that live show, though not my fave and I could have done without the lag.

Didn’t think Dan really overshared much this live show. He didn’t really talk much about his holiday in Florida except for the Bahamas thing and a small part about NASA.

No SITC, because they have other commitments. Maybe. Interesting.

Him talking about the banana-skin reading prank was fun.

His Kennedy Space Center haul was cute. And I am digging that jacket.

Dan thinks freckles are beautiful. Phil has freckles. What a coincidence. ;)

Excuse you Daniel, I do not deserve that twitter icon thank you very much. :sideeye:

Dan’s mother recommended him a book and he read and enjoyed it.

Dan’s pal who was supposed to water his bonsai tree didn’t do it. Trees/plants in the Deppy household really don’t have the best of luck.

I agree with Dan, Moana is a great movie indeed.
saffarinda
truth bomb

idk whether it was sheer sleep deprivation or my fondness for dan howell in liveshows but i started crying when he talked about manchester and continued through his talks about his content and what the "Daniel Howell" content is, plus the fact that gaming video content is easy because his purpose is just to make people laugh and be entertained whilst Daniel Howell is more personal to him... idk man, it wasn't sobbing i was just silently crying shit.

the anecdotes were cool, esp about the Miami thing lmao. it can't be just me that thinks dan sounds a lil salty about phil's bants with airport security? also him talking about voice insecurities when he was younger, bless (and he did sound like Theresa May how freaky)

Not surprised they're not going SitC, albeit slightly disappointed. Interested to see what this content they're gonna be working on in the summer is tho.

Him talking about how he would have loved Shelley and Byron, like Percy Shelley okay I can 100% understand that, him and his atheism give me life - getting kicked out of Oxford for his atheist views is dedication I respect and find funny (also i like Ozymandias), but Lord Byron?? C'mon Dan u can do better, I can't deal with his promiscuous, somewhat incestuous shiz.

NASA stuff is cute, and the bonsai tree story... poor Daniel.

Anyway, excited to see that gaming vid (probs later this week tbh), think it'll b fun :)
25/04/2017 - #blessed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think both of their most recent liveshows felt more like extended back-of-the-book summaries of their life, rather than the normal week to week look we get. It makes sense; they had a lot of bullet points to get to, plus chances are they just haven't done anything this past week to really be that interesting.

I did love that their jetlag stories are basically identical. Stay up all night, really don't want to get out of bed, set multiple alarms. I just love imagining them bickering about whether they can sleep longer or if they need to get up.

Dan said the PC at the desk that he was sitting at is the one he PC games in - and it's in the upstairs lounge, right? Good to know that they no longer have to endure more than a room's distance when Dan wants to game and Phil wants to watch tv.
DatCog
blobfish

I'm sad about SITC but grateful for some clarity...been dithering over getting tickets for myself and my eldest for ages but can't really afford the time or money as have a big trip later that month. It was a nice live show - better picture quality than usual and Dan looked sun kissed and healthy He didn't say anything particularly memorable this time but I still enjoyed the hour. Wonder what gaming vids they filmed today...I'd like another golf one sometime soon as they're my favourites :thumb:
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

I missed him so much!!! my life's been super exhausting lately, so I don't have anything constructive to add, I'm just happy right now and I spent the whole hour with a wide smile on my face, like that -> :D even with the lag, it's been the most beautiful thing ever (I don't care about how that sounds, fight me), I loved all the rambling, especially all the "sorting out my life" stuff, you go Dan, I believe in you

I have to say I didn't have the same feeling about Phil's ls, although I was really waiting for it that's why I didn't post anything earlier, maybe it's because unfortunately, I couldn't watch it live, so I was stressed about getting home as quickly as possible and it wasn't as relaxing as usual for me. I'm looking forward to more liveshows though, I really did miss them a lot, it's definitely my favorite kind of content because it's (mostly) unscripted and you get the behind the scenes stuff.
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum