Re: What happened to GG?

meowlizzz
smol bean
Pronouns: she/her

mermaid blood wrote:yeah it's probably why, deerly. unfortunately they can do whatever they please. they make the rules, and they altered the rules to fit their actions which is why we all moved.

i managed to request a new password and the link in my email brought me to a screen asking me to change my email, which i've never seen before, as the board was having 'issues' with it. which i've now done, and left a parting message in the deppy thread... bizarre.

i hope they enjoy my critique before banning me properly this time, the cheeky little penis sausages.
I just came back over here to say that I saw that and I was like

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What was the "cumbucket" thing about??
fancybum
senpai

meowlizzz wrote: What was the "cumbucket" thing about??
Illegal (the mod) was consistently gross about Dan; basically thinks he's worthless as a person but didn't waste time when given the opportunity to sexually objectify/demean him.. IMO
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I'm glad everything kicked off on there now because this place is 100% nicer and people are so much friendlier, plus we aren't linked to trashing people or hate posting which gets a massive thumbs up from me.

It's pretty awesome how well this place has taken off and how many people have signed up. I'm so grateful when I see how busy the threads are, so thank you all for signing up and making this place what it is
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Well I for one am glad IDB is around as Gigi server issue is ongoing :?

I hardly able to even connect there let alone post I am OK not able to read about youtuber gossip but I require hourly news whilst I am awake
lilMango
morning quiff

meowlizzz wrote:
mermaid blood wrote:yeah it's probably why, deerly. unfortunately they can do whatever they please. they make the rules, and they altered the rules to fit their actions which is why we all moved.

i managed to request a new password and the link in my email brought me to a screen asking me to change my email, which i've never seen before, as the board was having 'issues' with it. which i've now done, and left a parting message in the deppy thread... bizarre.

i hope they enjoy my critique before banning me properly this time, the cheeky little penis sausages.
I just came back over here to say that I saw that and I was like
Me too! I applaud you for that, mermaid blood.
fancybum wrote:
Illegal (the mod) was consistently gross about Dan; basically thinks he's worthless as a person but didn't waste time when given the opportunity to sexually objectify/demean him.. IMO
What a shame. I liked Illegal for a while, when I was lurking on the earliest forums anyway. A lot of people on GG have no respect for the people that they talk about.... not even as human beings. Especially on some of the more popular threads. I like the feeling on this thread 100% more
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
meowlizzz
smol bean

^ Yeah, I'm all for criticizing youtubers when need-be. But saying demeaning and disgusting things is crossing the line.

I'm happy for you guys here.

spider
ar·tic·u·late

sweetmm wrote:Well I for one am glad IDB is around as Gigi server issue is ongoing :?

I hardly able to even connect there let alone post I am OK not able to read about youtuber gossip but I require hourly news whilst I am awake
It seems to be offline even more often than before. Didn't they say that the posters leaving would make the website load faster? ;)

Also glad not to have to endure illegal's objectifying and demeaning comments about Dan any longer. It was really too much at times. People here are more respectful.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

fancybum wrote:
Part 43, page 30. http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=725

context: a few posters voiced disagreement with calling Dan 'the girl' in the relationship.

he wasn't called out often because his humour went down quite well, usually.
this was about the time I decided to stop posting as frequently.

I don't entirely blame people for finding the attitude funny, like how I don't blame people for laughing at Shane Dawson saying he wanted to "skullfuck" Dan, that he would've let hundreds of people watch him get fucked on webcam. group psychology is pretty well documented, and I've definitely participated at times, too. i think there are a lot of greys when it comes to social awareness, rarely is anything black and white. doesn't mean you can't call out the grey for being grey when you notice, though.
art in avatar by lily
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

It's understandable that people on GG are more aggressive and less empathetic. The site's inability to load without problems and constant disappearances of posts could give anyone anger issues.

I was just in the rants thread and it looks like the phrase "long time lurker, first time poster" now changed to "long time lurker, forced to register"
despite everybody's (morgan's) insistance that lurkers are ruining the forum, it loads slower than ever and is down more often than ever. It's kind of funny.

Honestly, i'm still completely shocked that i was banned from a damn gossip forum. I've never been banned from anything, let alone a website made for being horrible to other people (but i guess that could be seen as a compliment).

Thank you all again for making this!
majitzu
angel bean

What can I say... I like Illegal and I kind of miss him. Yeah he didn't like Dan but it was fun when the discussion was about Phil.

And if someone wrote something that was factually is that even a word incorrect he would say them they were wrong.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

majitzu wrote: And if someone wrote something that was factually is that even a word incorrect he would say them they were wrong.
illegal didn't always have the best knowledge and tended to go along with a lot of obviously untrue rumours. one in particular i remember was that he backed up the claim that in 2012 dan had gone onto phil's twitter to block an account from it, because of course phil wouldn't block someone on twitter the claim was that it was during one of phils liveshows, i pointed out that was untrue, i was told i was wrong :roll: safe to say i won't miss the objectification of dan at the same time as the more negative remarks on his personality/appearance sausage fingers? the boy is spindly

i havent gone back onto the site since my account was banned as far as im aware, i cant get back on since even with an IP changing thing, i can't see much. don't really miss it - tried to open it once, didn't load, closed the tab. i appreciate everyone here for keeping me up to date though! i like to be in the know

i like having a d+p specific forum! i hope it means more funny trolls that lighten the mood with some good phan poof rather than someone turning up every 2 months like 'AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HATES EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM AND THINKS THEYRE TERRIBLE FJNRNJ' and getting defensive when disagreed with before leaving. i think it gives a more balanced atmosphere where everyone's at least mostly positive towards them, even if it's an 'i think theyve gone downhill but i hope they get better because i used to enjoy them'. faster, prettier site + nicer atmosphere + being able to create more, specific threads without being shouted at for going off topic =
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

I made an account in GG a long long long time ago (i.e. to keep an eye for juicystar07 gossip, THAT long), never posted nor DMed anyone and yet I have problems with the website. Whenever I click on the following page of a thread, it makes me log in again.

I also thought of DM people that are posting in the thread the link to IDB, but there's hardly anyone around there anymore...
Jeweul
sad dimple

Honestly illegal kind of made me nervous/scared a little bit, with his all-knowing and intense complex. He was kind of the person that would put a close on a conversation and have the last word on stuff and that made me feel bad/out of place having a different opinion to his.
jhamba
procrastinator

jaej wrote:
majitzu wrote: And if someone wrote something that was factually is that even a word incorrect he would say them they were wrong.
illegal didn't always have the best knowledge and tended to go along with a lot of obviously untrue rumours. one in particular i remember was that he backed up the claim that in 2012 dan had gone onto phil's twitter to block an account from it, because of course phil wouldn't block someone on twitter the claim was that it was during one of phils liveshows, i pointed out that was untrue, i was told i was wrong :roll: safe to say i won't miss the objectification of dan at the same time as the more negative remarks on his personality/appearance sausage fingers? the boy is spindly
lol, I think there's a theory that that account was illegal's. He's denied it multiple times, though. But, he's definitely one of those people who thought Phil could do no wrong and that Dan was the devil, so at the very least, he identified with the dude who got banned.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
meowlizzz
smol bean

Ticia wrote:I also thought of DM people that are posting in the thread the link to IDB, but there's hardly anyone around there anymore...
There have been a few people now asking where everyone went. I'm sure they get DMs but I wish I could make like a general announcement there. There might be lurkers wondering the same. (I'm kind of scared I'll get banned, though. I like to gossip about Kalel!)
karma_yeah
philussy

I tried to PM the link today but it got changed to some notguru blah blah. I had been very careful not to say anything or rant so as not to be banned, but apparently PMs aren't private. :gg: (not me, that's me banning the place that shall not be named) be gone cursed site
What goes around, comes around Image
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

karma_yeah wrote:I tried to PM the link today but it got changed to some notguru blah blah. I had been very careful not to say anything or rant so as not to be banned, but apparently PMs aren't private. :gg: (not me, that's me banning the place that shall not be named) be gone cursed site
It gets changed automatically. If you change the link (by including spaces or lines or using tinyurl etc) it works.
Not saying PMs are privat (lots of us were banned either because we are here or because of what was in our PMs), but nobody has to read them to change the link.
Oqua made a fun experiment (using the word FUN loosely):
oqua wrote:
antigone wrote:I sent a PM to somebody on the D+P thread with a link to this place (with the dashes ofc) and it changed from that to an uncensored link for youtalktrash? I'm confused because I thought that youtalktrash was censored as well and it's obviously not what I wrote. Has this happened to anybody else? :?
Lol, I just did some investigation. They're freaking trolling us.

I just did some experimentation. This was the original message:

i-n-d-e-p-t-h-b-a-n-t-s.com
indepthbants.prophpbb.com
i-n-d-e-p-t-h-b-a-n-t-s.prophpbb.com
in-depth-bants.prophpbb.com
indepthbants.com
"in depth bants"
in-depthbants.prophpbb.com

This is what it changed to:

youtalktrash.info
notaytguru.com.prophpbb.com
i-n-d-e-p-t-h-b-a-n-t-s.prophpbb.com
in-depth-bants.prophpbb.com
notaytguru.com.com
"in depth bants"
in-depthbants.prophpbb.com

EDIT: This is the way censoring on these forums work — you type in a word, and you type in what it changes to. So they could have chosen for "youtalktrash" to change to one thing, but then "i-n-d-e-p-t-h-b-a-n-t-s" to change to "youtalktrash." If that makes sense.
Although i would recommend to keep your version of the link to yourself instead of posting it here, because they will just add it to the list.
meowlizzz
smol bean

Yeah, thanks to whoever it was that mentioned you need to be PM-ed. Everyone started to get the idea and began asking for the link. I think creating a tinyurl link works.
majitzu
angel bean

I've been using a tinyurl to pass the link. I pm 2 guys today
Ticia
suspended

I've been sending "i n d e p t h b a n t s (dot com)" and so far it seems to work.
swofro
angel bean

Looks like all the post asking for PM and link have been cleaned up. :?
Love is forever
Starlighthugs
tol bean

GG really has gone to shit, I can't even lurk on the majority of the forums I used to because my email doesn't actually work to set up an account.

I second what a lot of you have said about Illegal though. Every time I lurked on GG and I saw some of his derogatory posts about Dan it made me really uncomfortable. I mean if some of the stuff he said had been said about a female youtube there would have been uproar and he'd have been banned, but because it was about a male it was fine :?
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

I remember a time when getting off topic would result in a post from a mod asking people to get back on topic or communicate through PMs.
For a forum that claims they don't care that people leave, they sure are desperate to keep information on the new forum under wraps.
At least they left one post with a hint, maybe they didn't find a reason to justify deleting it, because the info was marked as off topic (as if the mods need to justify anything on gg :lol: ).
Ticia
suspended

These are my favorites rules that appear on the front page now :

Got a channel or blog you want to promote? Do so here, SELECTIVELY... You can put urls in your signatures, but if you create any new topics they will be deleted. *NOTE: SOME LINKS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT REASON OR EXPLANATION*

Additional Information
*Moddies and Admin have the right to edit or delete posts as necessary based on the previously stated rules!* And UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED BY AN ADMIN, Moderators are REQUIRED TO STRICTLY ADHERE TO THESE RULES THEMSELVES!
*THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE*
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Ticia wrote:These are my favorites rules that appear on the front page now :

Got a channel or blog you want to promote? Do so here, SELECTIVELY... You can put urls in your signatures, but if you create any new topics they will be deleted. *NOTE: SOME LINKS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT REASON OR EXPLANATION*

Additional Information
*Moddies and Admin have the right to edit or delete posts as necessary based on the previously stated rules!* And UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED BY AN ADMIN, Moderators are REQUIRED TO STRICTLY ADHERE TO THESE RULES THEMSELVES!
*THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE*
Honestly so pathetic. What even is the use of having rules. :sideeye: I'm glad to be done with that place.