Emoticon suggestions and requests

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Hey everyone! I decided to make this thread for anyone who wanted to:
  • request that a certain emoticon be added
  • report a problem with an emoticon
  • discuss the emoticons
  • have a zero-emoticonshaming zone (i.e. a place to use however many emoticons you want)
Organized list of current emoticons: - currently outdated - jesp
Note: Some emoticons appear under more than one heading. I'll update this whenever I add a new emoticon.

Happy/laughing
:-D :) :mrgreen:

Sad/crying
:( :wahh: :sobs:

Surprised
:-o :wtf:

Unhappy/skeptical
:-? :sideeye: :tsk: ,':\

Annoyed
:facepalm:

Tongue out
:tongue:

Shhh

Embarrassed
:shame:

Cool

Popcorn

Bored

Angry
:rage:

Begging and wanking

Devil
:evil: :twisted:

Confused
:confused: :help:

Spy/stalker/tinfoil

Excited/celebration
:yippee: :clapping:

Birthday

Stan/congrats/thumbs up
:thumb:

Hug/friendly
:platonic: :welcome:

Comfort
:therethere: :itsokay:

Love
:lel:

Kiss

Touching/fighting

Other smileys
:wink: :ugeek: :geek:

Smileys doing activities
:dapg: :rockon:

Hearts and broken hearts

Trash

Phan goggles

Novelty
:gg:

Other objects/random

Food

Drinks

Animals

Pokemon Go

Halloween

Christmas

Winter

New Year's

Butt
Last edited by oqua on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.
busy being happy~
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

karma_yeah wrote:I feel totally guilty even asking after you've made the haru pillow and all the other recent awesome additions, but what do you think about a little tabinof icon and maybe a tatinof one as well a (a little tour bus?). I figure there will be a lot of use for those over the next few months :D and phan goggles maybe?
Don't worry about requesting emoticons! Creating new ones gives me life, seriously. :D

I'm going to hold off on making a tour bus one until we see what their actual bus looks like, but I'll get on the other ones right now. :)
busy being happy~
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

oqua wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:I feel totally guilty even asking after you've made the haru pillow and all the other recent awesome additions, but what do you think about a little tabinof icon and maybe a tatinof one as well a (a little tour bus?). I figure there will be a lot of use for those over the next few months :D and phan goggles maybe?
Don't worry about requesting emoticons! Creating new ones gives me life, seriously. :D

I'm going to hold off on making a tour bus one until we see what their actual bus looks like, but I'll get on the other ones right now. :)

Thoughts?
busy being happy~
icklebrina
living flop

They're a bit hard to see on dan's version (black strap), but other than that not bad!!
Edit: look great on Phil's!!
Loving all the emoticons

I always had in my head glasses kind of like the new years' eve ones with the dates on, but with PHAN written across the front :lol: no idea if that would be a feasible thing to make though!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

icklebrina wrote:They're a bit hard to see on dan's version (black strap), but other than that not bad!!
Edit: look great on Phil's!!
Loving all the emoticons

I always had in my head glasses kind of like the new years' eve ones with the dates on, but with PHAN written across the front :lol: no idea if that would be a feasible thing to make though!
Ohhh, good point about the Dan theme. I use the Phil one so I forget sometimes. I'll see if I can edit the strap color.

Also I think your idea is hilarious and I'm now going to try to make that.
busy being happy~
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

How are these? I had no idea what to do with the colors lol.
busy being happy~
icklebrina
living flop

I love it! Glad I could contribute in some small way :lol:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

icklebrina wrote: I love it! Glad I could contribute in some small way :lol:
Do you like the colors? I did red because...idk, cherry. But then I wanted to use some purple too and it came out kind of random. Maybe I should have done blue and red.
busy being happy~
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Made a butt.

:butt:
busy being happy~
ironic
lady door

oqua wrote:

How are these? I had no idea what to do with the colors lol.
amazing

I love how many emoticons there are here Special thanks for those D&P related, they're incredible
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
icklebrina
living flop

oqua wrote:
icklebrina wrote: I love it! Glad I could contribute in some small way :lol:
Do you like the colors? I did red because...idk, cherry. But then I wanted to use some purple too and it came out kind of random. Maybe I should have done blue and red.
I like the idea of blue and black, but that probably wouldn't work so well on both themes. Blue and red could work too! I like it as is, though.

Also, love the butt. Reminds me of one of my favourite emoticons/emojis:
karma_yeah
philussy

This is a thread after my own heart!

I finally caught up on the 9 pages I needed to read through in the main thread and found this thread! I love emoticons tool It's kind of like having our own shared language and I think it's one of the things that contributes to making this truly a "community". So THANK YOU!

Which makes me realize I think of: for "like" or "agree" -- what about a true "thank you" -- even one of the smilies with a sign. Although you are creative and will think of something better, i'm sure. (At work our IM has the world's smallest number of emojis and when I thank someone I send them a rose, star or rainbow -- yeah I mean really limited)

Love the phan goggles! I think my fave is the one that spells it out. Makes so much sense

Would it be a copyright issue to make a little tiny tabinof book for a book emoticon? I wasn't sure (don't want our entire forum banned ) Edit: OMG -- looking for a hand clap (see below) and found the book. So cute I want to squeeze it (like a kitten) LOL Can it be a little bigger? (old age -- not kidding)

How do you make emojis? When I was thinking about a symbol for the tour, I googled clip art for "tour bus". Do you just miniaturize something like that?

And now you can laugh at me: I went to add to a post thinking it meant "having a cup of tea". I thought, I better check that, it may be coffee (which I don't drink). Then saw it meant "daddy" and after i stopped I quickly removed it. I'm looking for a hand clap, but I'll just use :oops: :facepalm: and
What goes around, comes around Image
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I'm currently in the process of editing the following emoticons, which don't show up well in the Dan theme:

If any other emoticons look weird or bad in the Dan theme, please let me know and I'll edit them too. :)
busy being happy~
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I edited the aforementioned emoticons. Hopefully they work better on the dark background now!

Other things I changed/added:

I made the TABINOF one bigger:

I added new color of phan goggles:
(The old ones also work, of course: )

I realized there were no plain hugs where one member wasn't sad initially, so I added these:

Also I found this one which was described as "man hug" lol. Made me think of Deppy so I added it too:

And then a random assortment of other ones:
:thumb: :dapg: :help:

Hope you all enjoy them! :)
busy being happy~
karma_yeah
philussy

Hi oqua. I was just admiring your fine collection of emojis and wanted to say "Thanks". I noticed the book was a little bigger, and had a closer look at the phan goggles and realized that in these , there is a reflection of the 2 of them together with a heart (I think)! My new fave (need a proper "thank you" emoji)
What goes around, comes around Image
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

karma_yeah wrote:Hi oqua. I was just admiring your fine collection of emojis and wanted to say "Thanks". I noticed the book was a little bigger, and had a closer look at the phan goggles and realized that in these , there is a reflection of the 2 of them together with a heart (I think)! My new fave (need a proper "thank you" emoji)
I think the image of D&P is a cheeky reference to the infamous valentine's day video.
Phil drew the back of him and dan in their halloween costumes ( & ) to illustrate the time they sat by the fountain away from the rest of the youtubers at a gathering
Thanks for all your hard work oqua
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

greatnessflicker wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:Hi oqua. I was just admiring your fine collection of emojis and wanted to say "Thanks". I noticed the book was a little bigger, and had a closer look at the phan goggles and realized that in these , there is a reflection of the 2 of them together with a heart (I think)! My new fave (need a proper "thank you" emoji)
I think the image of D&P is a cheeky reference to the infamous valentine's day video.
Phil drew the back of him and dan in their halloween costumes ( & ) to illustrate the time they sat by the fountain away from the rest of the youtubers at a gathering
Thanks for all your hard work oqua
Haha, I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell what the image was. You're exactly right about it. :D

And you're very welcome; makings emoticons is loads of fun.
busy being happy~
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Added some new emoticons!

In honor of 500 members:

For content droughts or discussion of the barren wasteland that is *the site that shall not be named, ty.
busy being happy~
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

oqua, i just noticed that this emoticon is named "ribena." HAHA! am i that guillable for actually believing them when they say its ribena? haha. Anyways, the humor embedded in the emoticons just keeps on giving
corn flakes
moon room

Not sure if this is the right page to ask but I don't know how to internet and I have a question:
how do one use the emotics supplied by missemma&co? above all :can I use them?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

greatnessflicker wrote:oqua, i just noticed that this emoticon is named "ribena." HAHA! am i that guillable for actually believing them when they say its ribena? haha. Anyways, the humor embedded in the emoticons just keeps on giving
;)
corn flakes wrote:Not sure if this is the right page to ask but I don't know how to internet and I have a question:
how do one use the emotics supplied by missemma&co? above all :can I use them?
Yes, you can definitely use them! They're all located in this thread: http://indepthbants.com/topic95.html

Find the emoticon you want to use and right click and choose "copy image address" or "copy image location" or something of the sort. Then paste it in between the [img ] and [/img ] tags. :)
busy being happy~
aralik
sad dimple

is there a possibility to add a "fingers crossed" kinda emoticon? i always need it for wishful thinking and hoping for uploads :lol:
ugh.
swofro
angel bean

^^ I agree to add an emoticon as a gesture to wishful thinking but I am not comfortable with 'finger cross' because it is a bit christian to me. I am probably a minority tho. Hahaha.
Love is forever
blueapple_x
flower crown

swofro wrote:^^ I agree to add an emoticon as a gesture to wishful thinking but I am not comfortable with 'finger cross' because it is a bit christian to me. I am probably a minority tho. Hahaha.
You could always use the begging sad wanking emoticon :lol:

oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I do agree there should be some kind of hoping / begging / pleading emoticon, since now when I look at the old begging one all I can see is sad but hectic wanking.

Does anyone else have opinions on the "fingers-crossed" subject? If anyone has any good emoticon ideas for this, please post them here or link to a picture!
busy being happy~