Other YouTubers thread

gnostic
stress mushroom

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama ... streams_a/

UNSUBSCRIBING FROM JONTRON HAD BEEN A GREAT IDEA

I can't believe i had given him so much benefit of a doubt once upon a time.
Just here for the marketing skills
papierklemmen
flower crown

gnostic wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama ... streams_a/

wtf is with all the alt-right youtubers showing their asses this year.
mio
#relatable

papierklemmen wrote:

I'd say let them come and show their ugly ass faces so we know who they are but then again it's also quite worrying that the political climate appearantly changed so much that they feel safe being open about their bigoted views again. I guess the days of playing nice are over.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
gnostic
stress mushroom

mio wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:

I'd say let them come and show their ugly ass faces so we know who they are but then again it's also quite worrying that the political climate appearantly changed so much that they feel safe being open about their bigoted views again. I guess the days of playing nice are over.
I would say there is some difference between the Pewdiepie shit storm and Jon going legit stormfront
ismelindsey
tol bean
Pronouns: they/them

Does anyone know if Peanut Butter gamer and Jeff still support Jontron and Pewdiepie? I miss watching them cause they made me laugh all the time.
The neighbors are gonna call the police again- Phil Lester 2k16
https://twitter.com/LindseyGOffical
mio
#relatable

gnostic wrote: I'd say let them come and show their ugly ass faces so we know who they are but then again it's also quite worrying that the political climate appearantly changed so much that they feel safe being open about their bigoted views again. I guess the days of playing nice are over.
I would say there is some difference between the Pewdiepie shit storm and Jon going legit stormfront[/quote]

I agree there's a huge difference, but I think both benefit from the latest change in political discussion, no matter if they are actually right-wing or just want to sit in their priviledged bubble and not care about real life problems.

On the topic of gamers: DAPG is pretty much the only gaming channel I watch, I could never get into any of the "serious" Let's play stuff - does anybody have recs for a channel similar to Dan and Phil's? I mean maybe also a duo playing games and it's lighthearted and more about the bants?
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
000dia000
emo goose

mio wrote: On the topic of gamers: DAPG is pretty much the only gaming channel I watch, I could never get into any of the "serious" Let's play stuff - does anybody have recs for a channel similar to Dan and Phil's? I mean maybe also a duo playing games and it's lighthearted and more about the bants?
If you're looking for duo gaming channels, I quite like:
Let's Play Games Rose and Rosie's gaming channel, if you want a female Dan and Phil, there you go.
Super Mega I quite like them, they're good for bants and light entertainment.
I find that these two channels aren't serious, and are relatively small, so wouldn't have ridiculous large, excessive fan bases.
:cactus:
gnostic
stress mushroom

ismelindsey wrote:Does anyone know if Peanut Butter gamer and Jeff still support Jontron and Pewdiepie? I miss watching them cause they made me laugh all the time.
PBG and Jon had a very public separation, although PBG tried to claim (hilarously, because it was just preceded by a giant politics spat) that it wasn't over politics
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

mio wrote:On the topic of gamers: DAPG is pretty much the only gaming channel I watch, I could never get into any of the "serious" Let's play stuff - does anybody have recs for a channel similar to Dan and Phil's? I mean maybe also a duo playing games and it's lighthearted and more about the bants?
a gaming channel i tend to watch for jokes and bants is game grumps but if you don't like jontron then i would suggest watching the ones with arin and danny. they have funny jokes and they often focus on the bants and stuff i think. a good video i think to watch with arin and danny is the mickey mousecapade game or whatever it's called.
:transheart:
fancybum
senpai

Jimmy with a predictably great and perfectly worded video in response to Youtube's restricted filter. The word 'gay' isn't objectionable content, existing as an openly gay (or otherwise) person isn't objectionable content. Youtube has fucked right up, and are continuing to do so with their tepid responses (so far).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

i liked his video. youtube has really fucked up big time. i basically agreed with everything he said, and i hope that what youtube has done gets more attention and doesn't get swept under the rug like he said.
:transheart:
bee
phabergé

The very uncomfortable feeling that I'm getting is that people are actively trying to restrict certain kind of content. Like in the tweet above, and Tyler Oakley's latest about black LGBT trailblazers. A trans Youtuber I follow (Chase Ross) has his whole channel restricted. Also most videos about videos being restricted, are.
I really don't know how Youtube plays into it (that 'apology' made absolute no f*king sense) and if they don't really understand/know what's going on and why.

I don't know how much videos of non-LGBT, non-feminist, non-minority etc are being restricted so maybe my gut feeling is wrong. But idk man. Yikes.
colfreckles
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

I just had to post Nicola Foti's (soundlyawake) response to the youtube drama...
pilotlight
#relatable

Loved Jimmy's response to the situation. I think he did a good job of summing up why it's so frustrating.

The Nicola video kind of reminded me of that Poppy video, except funnier, shorter, and with an actual point.
papierklemmen
flower crown

i'm not a fan of evan, but D'AW he had shitty watercolor as a guest! love hector.

CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

This is just horrible.

I would have donated, but... I don't have anything to donate. I wish him well, though. I hope that some people are already trying to find the robber. I mean, 5 years of work, and even his friend's things were taken...
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I don't even follow her but this video touched me. :sobs:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Not sure where to post this since they aren't youtubers anymore, but I just discovered this. Bryony is on the left and the other girl is the Adam that stayed with Deppy for a while in 2012 and was in some of their live shows. He's even prettier than Dan says he would be as a girl.

"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
flarequake
not an airport stalker

This is an interesting one about books. I follow Beckie and she's so sweet, been on YT forever and always got something thoughtful to say.

sparkle
blobfish

flarequake wrote:This is an interesting one about books. I follow Beckie and she's so sweet, been on YT forever and always got something thoughtful to say.

Trust me, the sweet with her is all an act. She is NOT a nice person.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Um, really? She's a fricking good actress, then. I'm intrigued if there are any examples, though I don't like to just lay it all out here.
sparkle
blobfish

You can PM me if you want more info, I don't want to defame her or provide anything that will identify me because I'm pretty identitifable from this

Basically, I had an interaction with her last year that started out well but ended up going very badly. I googled to see if I was alone, found out that she was maybe homophobic and had been harassing a few people online. Then Pulse happened and I saw her tweeting about how people were talking about Pulse and forgetting Boko Haram. I'm bisexual and it really got to me that she was suggesting one was more or less of a tragedy than the other? Then the video 'Why Didn't You Say Something' was basically made shading the people who accused her of not caring about Pulse because it was a LGBT+ tragedy and she doesn't care about LGBT+ people. (Which could be inferred from what she did/didn't say). The two things happening so close together made me view her in a VERY different light.

However, I can understand why people like her. I was a huge fan of her, and found some of her videos really comforting, but she isn't as nice as she pretends to be.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Huh, that's interesting. I don't think I saw that video, I'll give it a watch.
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

re Beckie: I don't watch her but my friend also has a problem with her and particularly the way she talks about mental health and how she negatively responds to/ blocks people who give her concrit.
The messages she has about mental health are apparently really damaging and comments such as "it never gets better" and "the doctors never understand" apparently even became a catalyst for a young watcher's suicide. It's such a contrast to Dodie having a realisation on camera in her video with Hazel and then sincerely apologising in her follow-up video. Dodie also poured her heart out on Snapchat during her lowest moods but she listened when people told her what she was doing wasn't good for people around her especially her young followers.
Once my friend merely favourited someone else's response to one of Beckie's tweets and then was shocked when Beckie DM'd her saying something like "why did you favourite this?? Why are you attacking me??" My friend didn't reply but she was incredulous that Beckie would go so far as to check out everyone who favourite a tweet that said something like "maybe because you won't listen when people try to tell you you're doing something wrong" (and it only had a handful of favourites) and DM them with a confrontation. :? Bizarre.

But what I came here to talk about wasn't Beckie, rather some Twitter drama with Hazel.

Re Hazel: apparently she "accidentally" made a joke with a racist slur in response to Nathan Zed's tweet. The tweets are deleted now but apparently there are screenshots, which I haven't found.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

thephandommenace wrote:re Beckie: I don't watch her but my friend also has a problem with her and particularly the way she talks about mental health and how she negatively responds to/ blocks people who give her concrit.
The messages she has about mental health are apparently really damaging and comments such as "it never gets better" and "the doctors never understand" apparently even became a catalyst for a young watcher's suicide. It's such a contrast to Dodie having a realisation on camera in her video with Hazel and then sincerely apologising in her follow-up video. Dodie also poured her heart out on Snapchat during her lowest moods but she listened when people told her what she was doing wasn't good for people around her especially her young followers.
Once my friend merely favourited someone else's response to one of Beckie's tweets and then was shocked when Beckie DM'd her saying something like "why did you favourite this?? Why are you attacking me??" My friend didn't reply but she was incredulous that Beckie would go so far as to check out everyone who favourite a tweet that said something like "maybe because you won't listen when people try to tell you you're doing something wrong" (and it only had a handful of favourites) and DM them with a confrontation. :? Bizarre.

But what I came here to talk about wasn't Beckie, rather some Twitter drama with Hazel.

Re Hazel: apparently she "accidentally" made a joke with a racist slur in response to Nathan Zed's tweet. The tweets are deleted now but apparently there are screenshots, which I haven't found.
Here ya go.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr