Your favourite Dan and Phil/phandom conspiracy theory?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

deadweather wrote:
Moonbeamsonthepath wrote: That's why Duncan and Mimei are going to Summer in the City this year. They're just dropping in on their way to the wedding.
(Hi everyone, longtime fan, shorttime lurker)

Ooooor, the wedding is the weekend after SITC, and they are just so stressed with planning that they can't attend.... oooor its the weekend before SITC, and they are on their honeymoon and can't attend
(also because SITC is the first week of August, it would give them enough time to go on honeymoon, edit, and post a DITL followed up by a ls where we can ask questions and find about how stressful planning it was - which is why we got told to ask in August)

Phan wedding August 2017 confirmed
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Dan is actually Phil and Phil has been Dan this whole time :D
malday
emo goose

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:
sparkle wrote:
sparkle wrote:I love over thinking things and making up my own conspiracies and I'm going to create what I am going to call the 'Parks and Phancreation' conspiracy theory.

My theory is basically that the next DITL video is going to be their wedding day based on a few comments they have made.

Firstly: casual touching since October 2016 has been getting us gradually more and more used to the idea they are together (maybe they got engaged/decided to be more open at this point) Regardless, more physical affection is warming us to the idea that they are more than friends.

Secondly: the move and similar comments. (Once a house is bought/dog discussion). Indicate a long term, loving relationship. You can do these things with a friend, but the fact they always include each other makes it seem more likely that their relationship is something more.

Thirdly: ask about that week in February in August. Wedding planning is stressful af. I guess we'll find out next month, but this could have been what was so stressful for them.

Fourthly: DITL videos are annual and they are often uploaded in summer and they all have a focal point. Even the first one was Manchester and not just a day in their flat filming videos. The themes have been pretty varied and interesting (Japan, Australia etc), so it would make sense that their next DITL would be pretty big. The next one could be being filmed in August. They need a theme for their DITL. They've done a LOT of things. So a wedding would be a pretty interesting 'step up'.

Fifthly: this is why I have given this theory the name it has. To any Parks and Rec fans, you will know that April and Andy get married in the episode 'April and Andy's fancy party'. They invite people over under the guise of having a fancy party, which is revealed to actually be their wedding day. In the 'Dan curls my hair' video Phil says next time he curls his hair it will be because he is going to a fancy party. And will be crying in a suit eating popcorn. A fancy party such as a wedding, such as his wedding. Crying because he is so happy and having popcorn because it is his wedding and he will have popcorn at his wedding if it is the last thing he does.

Therefore, I believe that the only logical conclusion is that they are going to get married in August, put it in a DITL video, for which Phil will have curly hair.
Because I can't edit this, in the main thread people are saying that they aren't going to SITC this year because they are busy.

Small family wedding the same weekend as SITC and theyre stressed because they didn't want to miss it and have all of their YouTube friends unable to go. But it was the only weekend they could get their dream venue for
That's why Duncan and Mimei are going to Summer in the City this year. They're just dropping in on their way to the wedding.
Adding to this: Phil went to the "big family thing" on IOM in June so he could meet his long lost cousins and invite them to the wedding.
Dan's grandparents coming to visit and Dan staying with the Lesters in Florida was just a part of the usual family teambuilding that takes place before a wedding.

August Wedding ™
fondsmiles
phabergé

because it was mentioned in the main thread i now had to (HAD TO) read this entire thread from front to back. I am entertained and also a bit disturbed at times.

here's my fave conspiracy theory, that may have played an important role in getting me into the fandom:
dan and phil fancy restaurant engagement party
I honestly don't know when this happened or any context whatsoever anymore, but they were at this fancy restaurant and posted pictures and i stumbled across it on my timeline and it was the first time that I actually consumed more in the phandom than just what deppy shared themselves. so because of that i was properly spooked and very much believed in them getting engaged RIGHT THAT DAY and felt very intrigued and giddy with it.
here's a picture i found, just for reference:
(by now i actually totally not belief in this but since it was so significant to my phandom involvement and i saw so much discussion and people genuinely believing it at the time, i wanted to share it)

apart from that my fave conspiracy is, and always will be, #phangate, all complete with janice and sabrina and miles (?). what a blast.
[x]
[x]
sparkle
blobfish

malday wrote:
Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:
sparkle wrote:
sparkle wrote:I love over thinking things and making up my own conspiracies and I'm going to create what I am going to call the 'Parks and Phancreation' conspiracy theory.

My theory is basically that the next DITL video is going to be their wedding day based on a few comments they have made.

Firstly: casual touching since October 2016 has been getting us gradually more and more used to the idea they are together (maybe they got engaged/decided to be more open at this point) Regardless, more physical affection is warming us to the idea that they are more than friends.

Secondly: the move and similar comments. (Once a house is bought/dog discussion). Indicate a long term, loving relationship. You can do these things with a friend, but the fact they always include each other makes it seem more likely that their relationship is something more.

Thirdly: ask about that week in February in August. Wedding planning is stressful af. I guess we'll find out next month, but this could have been what was so stressful for them.

Fourthly: DITL videos are annual and they are often uploaded in summer and they all have a focal point. Even the first one was Manchester and not just a day in their flat filming videos. The themes have been pretty varied and interesting (Japan, Australia etc), so it would make sense that their next DITL would be pretty big. The next one could be being filmed in August. They need a theme for their DITL. They've done a LOT of things. So a wedding would be a pretty interesting 'step up'.

Fifthly: this is why I have given this theory the name it has. To any Parks and Rec fans, you will know that April and Andy get married in the episode 'April and Andy's fancy party'. They invite people over under the guise of having a fancy party, which is revealed to actually be their wedding day. In the 'Dan curls my hair' video Phil says next time he curls his hair it will be because he is going to a fancy party. And will be crying in a suit eating popcorn. A fancy party such as a wedding, such as his wedding. Crying because he is so happy and having popcorn because it is his wedding and he will have popcorn at his wedding if it is the last thing he does.

Therefore, I believe that the only logical conclusion is that they are going to get married in August, put it in a DITL video, for which Phil will have curly hair.
Because I can't edit this, in the main thread people are saying that they aren't going to SITC this year because they are busy.

Small family wedding the same weekend as SITC and theyre stressed because they didn't want to miss it and have all of their YouTube friends unable to go. But it was the only weekend they could get their dream venue for
That's why Duncan and Mimei are going to Summer in the City this year. They're just dropping in on their way to the wedding.
Adding to this: Phil went to the "big family thing" on IOM in June so he could meet his long lost cousins and invite them to the wedding.
Dan's grandparents coming to visit and Dan staying with the Lesters in Florida was just a part of the usual family teambuilding that takes place before a wedding.

August Wedding ™
Also if they turned down a trip to Japan and we can ask about it in two months (September)... why else would they turn down a trip to Japan?

UNLESS.....

Everything is pointing towards a wedding

(I'm convincing myself here... plz deliver Dan and Phil)
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
fondsmiles
phabergé

in my head they've actually been married for a while now and if/when they lurk here they're just giggling to themselves at the idea of an august wedding, considering it'll be their two year anniversary or something. i see you guys. i see you.
[x]
[x]
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

fondsmiles wrote:in my head they've actually been married for a while now and if/when they lurk here they're just giggling to themselves at the idea of an august wedding, considering it'll be their two year anniversary or something. i see you guys. i see you.
I mean, the Japan trip in 2015 was clearly their honeymoon, right? ;) Or maybe they got engaged under the and are just now getting married. I'm not picky, I love both theories.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Phil always going on about how his hands are soft because he moisturizes every day is his slowly spreading it out, get everyone to questions his beauty routine, and it's gonna just be a masturbation joke. Don't fall for his trap.
twix
butt chair

sparkle has gone full tinfoil because she's been hired by dan and phil to disseminate disinformation and distract from whatever's really going on
Countllamas
phillion/danosaur <//3

twix wrote:sparkle has gone full tinfoil because she's been hired by dan and phil to disseminate disinformation and distract from whatever's really going on
'The call's coming from inside the house' theories are my favorite theories

Also all those one time posters are secretly trying to stir people in different directions
sparkle
blobfish

twix wrote:sparkle has gone full tinfoil because she's been hired by dan and phil to disseminate disinformation and distract from whatever's really going on
Well I am currently a cheeky #spon
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

old gg'er here

i am still 90% sure dan was jonquil on gg :D

did anyone ever investigate if it was or not
twix
butt chair

dans left hand wrote:old gg'er here

no idea if there was ever a consensus about that, but i also remember some ppl theorizing that jonquil was nick grimshaw, which is vastly more entertaining to me.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

twix wrote:
dans left hand wrote:old gg'er here

no idea if there was ever a consensus about that, but i also remember some ppl theorizing that jonquil was nick grimshaw, which is vastly more entertaining to me.

oh my god that's even better hahaha
deadweather
placenta

New conspiracy theory: Acutally Phil is Bryonys boyfriend, definitely proofen by the following tweets:
onetruetrash
blobfish

dans left hand wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:14 am old gg'er here

I've never heard about this before. Time to do some stalking investigating
freesocks
spork

onetruetrash wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:02 pm
dans left hand wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:14 am old gg'er here

I've never heard about this before. Time to do some stalking investigating
This fascinates me too. I have only recently started reading/interacting with the forums and I remember thinking that there was something strange about that user on GG. Some of those posts seemed strange because on the one hand that person was trying to disprove information that they thought was inaccurate with quite logical arguments and was (if I remember correctly) pretty anti-shipping and not respecting D&P's privacy, but at the same time, they seemed to know so many small details that made me think they were the closest to being an actual stalker because they had all this information about sightings etc.
malday
emo goose

freesocks wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 pm This fascinates me too. I have only recently started reading/interacting with the forums and I remember thinking that there was something strange about that user on GG. Some of those posts seemed strange because on the one hand that person was trying to disprove information that they thought was inaccurate with quite logical arguments and was (if I remember correctly) pretty anti-shipping and not respecting D&P's privacy, but at the same time, they seemed to know so many small details that made me think they were the closest to being an actual stalker because they had all this information about sightings etc.
I think the correct phrase would be "made stuff up". :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

malday wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:52 pm
freesocks wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 pm This fascinates me too. I have only recently started reading/interacting with the forums and I remember thinking that there was something strange about that user on GG. Some of those posts seemed strange because on the one hand that person was trying to disprove information that they thought was inaccurate with quite logical arguments and was (if I remember correctly) pretty anti-shipping and not respecting D&P's privacy, but at the same time, they seemed to know so many small details that made me think they were the closest to being an actual stalker because they had all this information about sightings etc.
Definitely seconding malday here. From what I recall, none of the details they "knew" were provable unless they were fairly widely known. I think jonquil is just someone who wrote with a great deal of conviction in hopes that people wouldn't call them out. And when people did call them out or ask for sources, they'd predictably just disappear for a few months and then come back and try to do the same thing again.
freesocks
spork

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:53 pm
malday wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:52 pm
Definitely seconding malday here. From what I recall, none of the details they "knew" were provable unless they were fairly widely known. I think jonquil is just someone who wrote with a great deal of conviction in hopes that people wouldn't call them out. And when people did call them out or ask for sources, they'd predictably just disappear for a few months and then come back and try to do the same thing again.
I accept this theory. Those posts just always stuck out to me as odd/different as I was reading through some of the old threads.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Yeah, after I looked through jonquil's posts, they just seemed like a know-it-all and they didn't remind me of Dan at all.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:53 pm Definitely seconding malday here. From what I recall, none of the details they "knew" were provable unless they were fairly widely known. I think jonquil is just someone who wrote with a great deal of conviction in hopes that people wouldn't call them out. And when people did call them out or ask for sources, they'd predictably just disappear for a few months and then come back and try to do the same thing again.
It's very easy to just act confident and ignore anyone who disagrees with you. Anything sounds good when you seem to know what you're talking about
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

The Haru pillow was meant to represent Dan's sexuality/Phan-it's always there, we all know it but we don't talk about it.
With Dan's love of metaphors/hiding hints, you can't tell me this wasn't a thought-out thing.