Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

The biggest revelation! They have a bathroom!

hahaha. sorry I can't wait to see this forum light up analyzing everything. I can't get in depth rn because of work, but I'm looking forward to reading all y'alls speculation!
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

such a nice video, i personally love videos that don't need to be really freaked out over so this totally hit the video spot for me. pretty calm and simple, definitely will be rewatched many times
edit: this also made me very happy because regarding bedrooms, i was always on team "they share a bedroom but have separate ones for sick days/sleepless nights/time alone" and when he was going down the stairs and said "trying not to wake dan up!" my mind immediately went :) yeahhh:)))
Last edited by snokoplasmic on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danphilflipmypancake
smol bean

Phil knows how to sew? As a costumer, that is so sexy

Oh man, what I wouldn't give for a serious crafts video on his channel.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

obliviongrace wrote:Let's goooooo:

So glad my last post was proven wrong! I wasn't expecting him to upload this quick! I'm laughing though because I was talking with a friend about this early and I said "the only rooms were gonna see is his room, the other Lounge, and maybe parts the kitchen and bathroom."
I have to go do things but I can't wait to see more potential layouts of the flat when i get back! It's all so confusing still!
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
malday
emo goose

Poor Phil, he really lost at rock-paper-scissors didn't he and ended up with that tiled floor crappy room (and a shitty bathroom) while Dan gets to dream in his moon room.

I think the slounge, Phil's room and the gaming room all have white tiled floor and the same type of door. And the apartment is possibly much smaller that initially thought.
iwishiwasacasual
glabella

000dia000 wrote:I don't really care about the impending bedroom discourse, I'm just going to peace out while everyone's hopes and dreams are destroyed. However, one thing that does kind of bother me about this video is just how fake it is? Phil knows how weird it is to suddenly fucking wait until the end of the video to plug merch? Does he not even get how unnatural that is? I don't mind that he's creating an "illusion" of the video being filmed over several hours (and yet eats sweets during this time and film barely anything). Why pretend to "try to sleep" several times and then wake up at 4.30 to plug merch? Phil, seriously? At least give the impression that time is passing, everything seems to have been filmed over two hours at best, I don't even care about the "bed" situation, but when he begins to brand sleepless night with Phil videos as this repetitive series, they sort of lose their touch. I did find it funny though, but these little things did ruin my immersion.
i was thinking about this when i was watching the others earlier today and while it does distract from the video i they're still an enjoyable experience (plus glasses phil is always great). but this one seemed a lot less genuine then the others, i still liked it though.

one thing i do need now is to see their kitchen. i would happily never see any other part of the apartment again if we got an in depth view of their kitchen.

looking forward to the discourse, lbr who wasn't expecting it
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

It was cool to finally see Phil's room does have a window (although the white blinds seem very practical and not very Phil-y?? Maybe overthinking that), and to get confirmation of white tiles in his room! And his door definitely seems to match the one at the end of the gaming room like (I think) a few people suspected.
That's the thing I've taken most out of this video tbh - whilst the video was relaxing it was more fluffy than previous Sleepless Nights and had so little content in. The only interesting thing was the mini bts tour of the gaming room.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was really cute and fun. I don't care where he filmed or how long he actually took, he did some different things, nose yoga was educational and the sweet-tasting bit was fun, especially his blue tongue (loved the shade at himself for jumping on the trend four years late).

The thing I'm most excited about is seeing Dan's incredibly snazzy glowing Alienware PC. Fricking gaming royalty, those computers. Loads of USB cables sticking out the top of it, wonder if all the back ports are full too. Also interesting to see their camera on its stand behind the two monitors.

Can't quite believe that pose he did to demonstrate how he knocked the foam padding off the wall, bit suggestive. Adorable emoji jimjams, though. Funny how the bathroom looks so similar to their old one. Sensible decision not to sew in the middle of the night. I can't believe he doesn't have a sewing kit. Maybe hotels had stopped giving you a little one along with the soaps.
Last edited by flarequake on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I don’t really have any thoughts on the video except that… that apartment is ugly, sorry. Those shiny walls in Phil’s room, all that boring white, it looks kind of sterile and way too clean, like a hospital. Also why does every room echo like crazy? The old one might have had cracks in the ceiling but at least it was charming. :? I liked the video though, it was cute and entertaining. (Also that was the biggest glass I’ve ever seen, who needs a water glass that big, come on.)
quercussp
living flop

000dia000 wrote:I don't really care about the impending bedroom discourse, I'm just going to peace out while everyone's hopes and dreams are destroyed. However, one thing that does kind of bother me about this video is just how fake it is? Phil knows how weird it is to suddenly fucking wait until the end of the video to plug merch? Does he not even get how unnatural that is? I don't mind that he's creating an "illusion" of the video being filmed over several hours (and yet eats sweets during this time and film barely anything). Why pretend to "try to sleep" several times and then wake up at 4.30 to plug merch? Phil, seriously? At least give the impression that time is passing, everything seems to have been filmed over two hours at best, I don't even care about the "bed" situation, but when he begins to brand sleepless night with Phil videos as this repetitive series, they sort of lose their touch. I did find it funny though, but these little things did ruin my immersion.

I agree. This video felt kinda staged and ingenuine compared to the other sleepless nights with Phil. I could sense a lot of care into what parts of the apartment and his room he showed. Especially the plug part in the end ("Hey, look at me I'm ready to go to bed. You all think I sleep with Dan, but actually I SLEEP WITH TWO BACKPACKS IN MY BED"). I still liked it, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the other ones.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Huh. That was... pretty boring. It was a Phil video so it was cute I guess, but it had a different vibe than previous sleepless nights. And not buying that he was awake all night filming that.

I'm pretty sure what we were supposed to take away from that video is 'look at me, hanging these photos on the wall of this room I definitely live and sleep in and definitely will continue to live in.'

Which - is fine. I'm not gonna hold it against Phil for wanting to preserve whatever kind of image makes them happy, no matter how close or far from the truth it may be.
998274 wrote:("Hey, look at me I'm ready to go to bed. You all think I sleep with Dan, but actually I SLEEP WITH TWO BACKPACKS IN MY BED").
Business man Phil, always ready to grab that cash.
fondsmiles
phabergé

998274 wrote:"Hey, look at me I'm ready to go to bed. You all think I sleep with Dan, but actually I SLEEP WITH TWO BACKPACKS IN MY BED"

(also, how could I forget that we saw tiny bits of a bathroom. IMPORTANT. and the butt scene was the best part about the video, for sure.)
[x]
[x]
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

fondsmiles wrote:
998274 wrote:"Hey, look at me I'm ready to go to bed. You all think I sleep with Dan, but actually I SLEEP WITH TWO BACKPACKS IN MY BED"

(also, how could I forget that we saw tiny bits of a bathroom. IMPORTANT. and the butt scene was the best part about the video, for sure.)
I think I need to rewatch the video just to see the butt scene because somehow I got distracted while watching the video for the first time and missed this iconic moment.

edit:
alittledizzy wrote:I'm pretty sure what we were supposed to take away from that video is 'look at me, hanging these photos on the wall of this room I definitely live and sleep in and definitely will continue to live in.'
Ah, yes, he waited three months to hang up the pictures just so he could show it to us in a video. *sigh* I mean, he has the right to do whatever he wants, but that just felt like the fakest part of the video.
Last edited by somethingsketchy on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Very cute vid! A good vid to come back to after barely keeping up with all the collabs and such the past week or so. Maybe it's just because I'm so worn out myself, but this video made me sleepy by proxy.

personal highlights:

- jammies and glasses
- i want that NASA patch, but minus 10 points from Hufflepuff for not letting us in on that sweet sewing action
- wtf was that at 2:14, so cute, how dare
- the slightly too-long ramble about baby vs adult ruths
- #JusticeForJuniorMints
- being quiet for Dan who was Totally Asleep Already, For Sure (artificial sweetener is still sweet ok)
- Phil's virtual house plant had a demise congruent with his irl plant-care record

I agree with 000dia000 about it definitely not being filmed in the time frame he claims. It doesn't bother me much that he inflates the timestamps (probably did it on the other ones too, although maybe not to the same extent), but I agree that it was obvious and made the video seem more artificial. I'm trying to pinpoint what exactly it was that gave that artificial vibe, but I can't quite do it. Maybe it was the candy taste test that felt out of place? Doesn't really strike me as a spur-of-the-moment, middle-of-the-night-and-i'm-bored thing to do. But maybe I'm totally off base - too tired right now to think about it more.

(also, lol at:
998247 wrote:("Hey, look at me I'm ready to go to bed. You all think I sleep with Dan, but actually I SLEEP WITH TWO BACKPACKS IN MY BED")
Janice and Sabrina are backpacks confirmed??)

And on that note, it's time for a nap.
quercussp
living flop

Also, someone buy Phil a normal pitcher, the poor man is drinking out of a vase.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I didn't like this as much as I had hoped. I don't know if I'm turning into a delusional freak or what, but it feels like a misdirection of sorts. I'm sure they follow the theories of the Phandom and this video debunks most of the recent ones (or somewhat confirms them if you, like me, believe the video to be staged). Him hanging the pictures is what did it for me. If they're moving, I guess it won't be for a while. pls prove me wrong deppy

I agree with everyone saying this one felt less genuine than the previous ones and I think there's a reason for that. We could've done without the merch plug at the end, but tbh... Get that cash boys, go buy that forever home
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

I liked the video, gave people something to analyze (random reflections, rooms, items)...

..but the video was just a spon.

At least I will get some good "random noise" clips from the video.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

simmehchan
butt chair

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

it's times like these where I need to sit back and think.... Do I just sound like a tin-hatter that's dug themselves into a tragically deep hole?

I really disliked that video, because every ounce of it felt like a lie. And even if we set aside the fact that maybe, perhaps in this wild world we live in, he does sleep in that walk-in closet he calls a bedroom... He looked wide awake. Not exhausted-but-caffeine-won't-let-me-sleep awake, but like..... regular-hours awake. Which could easily be explained by:
simmehchan wrote:
Well done, Philly.

And it wasn't peaceful? It just seemed like he had pre-planned things he wanted to make sure were in this video. And it was rush-edited. And just... nah, bro.

Overall, a strong 2/10 for me. 2 points because I liked his shirt.
000dia000
emo goose

simmehchan wrote:
I'm not bitter, I'm right about it being fake, Phil you absolute goose
:cactus:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

[offtopic]
998274 wrote:Also, someone buy Phil a normal pitcher, the poor man is drinking out of a vase.
I actually laughed at this moment because I use a pitcher as a vase. If Phil sends me his vase, I'll send him my pitcher in return. [/offtopic]
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Holy shit, American chocolate bars are gigantic! I knew they make stuff bigger but I never fully realised how that includes almost everything :wtf:

I did enjoy the video because it's Phil and he's cute and it was also very calm, which I really needed today. It won't be a video I will rewatch a lot like the other sleepless night videos though. I think there's only so much you can do with that concept until it becomes boring and unbelievable. Maybe he should have kept it a trilogy
pulvis et umbra sumus
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

does phil really think we're all a bunch of sponges who will mindlessly believe that that video is not so overly staged, I'm insulted mr lester
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

simmehchan wrote:
Well-spotted.
I agree with rizzo, dizzy and dia. I don't really want to type another negative comments in what is probably a stream of "wOw PhiL i aM sO cOnViNcEd" and I didn't expect anything different but I can't really take any joy from this video at all. I... liked the bts of the gaming room. And the glance of the bathroom/kitchen. And the sad mints being forgotten. I guess.
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

000dia000 wrote:
simmehchan wrote:
I'm not bitter, I'm right about it being fake, Phil you absolute goose
how did he miss this?

like, yeah, I missed it the first time I watched, but I wasn't the one who recorded the video, downloaded Dream Daddy, edited the video with the intention of making it appear late at night, put the timestamp on, and s t i l l didn't catch that.

I'm wide awake now. that is too funny.