actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Well here's a plot twist in the troyler saga:

fondsmiles
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote:Well here's a plot twist in the troyler saga:
yeah, they're interacting/hanging out quite a lot again recently! also with troye's current boyfriend (he was in palm springs as well).
my angsty ass hopes that this doesn't mean tyler's friendship with connor is in question again, but i wouldn't put it past them, honestly.
[x]
[x]
scientia
phabergé

fondsmiles wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:Well here's a plot twist in the troyler saga:
yeah, they're interacting/hanging out quite a lot again recently! also with troye's current boyfriend (he was in palm springs as well).
my angsty ass hopes that this doesn't mean tyler's friendship with connor is in question again, but i wouldn't put it past them, honestly.
I know, I haven't hear Tyler mention Connor on his podcast for a little while either...the saga (maybe) continues...
goldenmermaid
drama llama

Troye recently got cast in a movie if anyone's interested! alongside russell crowe and nicole kidman which is pretty cool

https://www.out.com/entertainment/2017/ ... boy-erased
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ouch.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Ouch indeed. Here's Troye talking about the song. (If the video isn't visible, try opening the post on Tumblr.)
Philena
blobfish

I never really paid much attention to the two of them, but this has me broken hearted. Poor Connor :love2: I mean, Troye had good intentions I'm assuming, but what a way to reopen a wound.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Great song. But ouch indeed. I wasn't really aware of the whole Troye/Connor thing we they were dating, but from what I've heard it's basically confirmed that they were dating, right? I wonder how Connor feels about the song, if it's cathartic for him to listen to, or if it hurts to listen to (if he's actually listened to it yet)

I really enjoyed Troye's last album, and I really like this song so I'm excited to see what the rest of the album's gonna sound like.
scientia
phabergé

A bit off topic
but man, Tyler is on his game re: video descriptions. I went back to look at old Troyler/Tronnor videos b/c of this thread and all of Tyler's collabs with Troye now mention My My My! in the description. I feel like Tyler didn't do that for Blue Neighborhood? Or maybe I'm just not remembering.
obvsly
#relatable

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:11 pm Ouch indeed. Here's Troye talking about the song. (If the video isn't visible, try opening the post on Tumblr.)
I'm sorry but oh fuck you, Troye. I have once been the Conner in this situation and. believe me, hearing such a beautiful song about your heartbreak and knowing it's gonna be doing so well on the charts hurts you a hell of a lot more than heals you. I love his music but I feel Troye's being a bit of a dick.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

obvsly wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pmI'm sorry but oh fuck you, Troye. I have once been the Conner in this situation and. believe me, hearing such a beautiful song about your heartbreak and knowing it's gonna be doing so well on the charts hurts you a hell of a lot more than heals you. I love his music but I feel Troye's being a bit of a dick.
Yeah, same, to be honest. I mean, most artists write about their personal issues and there's nothing wrong with that but you can't tell me he couldn't have done it in a way that doesn't scream that this is about Connor. :roll: Like, it's been obvious and Troye also says in the song that he moved on from their breakup way better. Must be great for Connor to watch half his fanbase hype this song and being reminded of being the "loser" of an ugly breakup. Like someone already said, this is basically reopening a wound that had already closed. Now let's watch the tronnor fandom start speculating about their relationship and breakup all over again...
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Honestly, I really hate how much I like the song because it's such a dick move. I just feel so bad for Connor, and if I were in his position I would be so pissed, especially with the whole "sorry I didn't call you, but I'm still going to go on and on about my success after leaving you and we can still be friends right?" :/ It really reads as smugly airing your dirty laundry, which to me is so so weird.
George
sad dimple

Making a song about Connor was a great marketing strategy. We are all talking about it after all. It kind of makes Troye even bigger of a dick tho. But then again, he is just writing about his life and the break-up was a part of it. But since the last album was clearly about Connor too, I'd kind of expected this one too be more Jacob orientated.

I hope Connor had a change to listen the song before it was out (Tyler said he had heard it last year) and to say if it was okay to publish it.

(Also - "I'm sure we'll meet in the spring" - Palm Springs 2018 in the horizon? )
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Wow...
In my old relationship, I was not the one with the "good side of things". Seeing something like this would honestly crush me.

It's totally okay to move on and be happy, that's the whole point of breaking up; you do it so that you can be happier elsewhere. But this song is basically rubbing salt in a wound that I don't think had fully closed. It's listing things in a way that feels cruel to me. I don't know, I like Troye and I like his music, but this song makes me so sad; not because of the message, just sad for Connor.
000dia000
emo goose

I have to admit, what makes this a lot nastier is Troye's flock of devoted followers who call him a little sweetheart and are calling Connor the asshole for shading Troye in his book. There's a clear difference here with what they did. I was never into Tronnor, but damn I feel sorry for those that ever supported their friendship because seriously wtf Troye
:cactus: