Kpop Thread

jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i'm posting this here despite the thread being very empty because i 1) have no friends into kpop rn 2) kpop forums/places of discussion tend to either be too biased and against any criticism, too pointlessly mean, or just generally trash so i NEVER post on any of them and 3) i miss this place even if i barely watch d+p now!
i'm disappointed in the majority of kpop right now mostly because two of my least favourite trends from the last few years have now become very mainstream: girl groups using a lot of talk-singing, sudden screeching or otherwise odd voices and THE DAMN JAW SHAVING/CHIN IMPLANTS. LEAVE THEM ALONE. i'm struggling to find a group with releases i consistently like and where i also like the members. i want to wail on about various groups now so i'll spoiler them by label first until i get to smaller groups/labels because this is HUGE despite most of my descriptions being tiny

sm boy groups
tvxq: kings. gods. my fathers. yunho birthed me himself. but really i sided against them for a long time but they're undeniably talented and hard working and really made it work having totally different voices and having to sing songs from when they were part of a 5 piece harmony. makes me sad that a lot of newer kpop fans dont know them but their songs as a duo are admittedly often a bit outdated sounding and i cant wait until their post-army comback to see how they do. as 5 they were easily my fave group ever and their japanese lives >> anything

suju: i was always too much of a cassie to get into them much aside from a few songs so i dont have much to say. they have some bops and definitely deliver on that front, and heechuls cute sometimes. rip heechul+gunhee

shinee: i loved them a LOT from replay->sherlock and then just kind of... lost interest. there's always just something a bit missing for me and cocky shawols definitely put me off more. shinee's hello baby has a special place in my variety heart and taemin and key will always slay

exo: until ex'act i really liked their music even if i wasnt a stan of THEM but i only liked the title tracks + artificial love (BOP) on that album! i was a fan of chanyeol for a while mostly because he's just large and awkward and i liked that

nct: (there are so many sm groups rn omg) i'm still confused about how this system works but i am here for 127. they've put out some of my favourite b-sides (paradise, baby dont like it) and i love their styling (ooh controversial). taeyong is gorgeous and looks like current jaejoong got shrunk rather than looking like 21 year old jaejoong, which is a shame because he had cute baby cheeks even then.
sm girl groups
snsd: i really did not like snsd aside from some genie and igab stages until i recently went back to watch some debut stages and holy shit they were incredible. being one of very few female idol groups at the time,
being up against the rising wonder girls and being sm's first potentially popular girl group since ses (and female act as a whole since boa) following succesful boy groups put a lot of pressure on them to be amazing and they did. into the new world is a cringey song but has serious nostalgia to it and so few groups have ever lived up to these stages. even snsd a couple years later were a MESS compared to this. "kpop has ALWAYS been about lipsyncing" shhhh

fx: one of the main popular groups i have just NEVER gotten into. a projector and some american apparel clothes =/= avant garde or interesting. sulli can also miss me with her rotta supporting, lolita excusing ass

red velvet: one of THE most hit or miss groups for me rn. i adored ice cream cake, automatic and russian roulette but HATED happiness, dumb dumb and rookie. the last two have grown on me a little but i still find them sooo disappointing compared to their other songs. they also have this tendency in videos to stare really blankly at the camera, and i know its a deliberate choice by the director since they dont do it all the time but i still find it off putting. especially since i've seen some v live clips and the girls are so much more chill and stuff. and yeris speaking voice is soooo different! even if she isnt a great singer, her voice sounds nice enough that she shouldnt be made to talk-sing in that weird way she sometimes does

boa she's still a queen but she's had 2 good songs since about 2003
yg groups
bigbang: one of my original faves, i always forget how short their discography is! it can also be really clearly split into 3 sections which makes it odd to listen to all at once(2006-2008, 2011-2012, 2015-2016). gd is truly an ICONIC writer and composer but i will say that for a lot of the songs he's credited for didnt have a lot of input and are mostly the work of choice37 or teddy or whoever else made it. seungri is also an overshadowed (not underrated) soloist who invented the concept of sex with his classic song 'strong baby'.

2ne1: another of my old faves, rip. but really they were dead for ages. their songs from 2012-2014 under-performed aside from missing you and come back home, and not doing great on a tour they called 'all or nothing' kind of settled it. really, cl has more hope as a soloist, in or out of korea, if she just has decent songs. dara is very sweet but... yeah, that's it. minzy's solo kind of proved why she never HAD a solo, she's a bit bland on her own, and bom just shouldn't be in the industry.
denying she has a body image problem is concerning, especially given her recent work, and her voice is exhausted. people say yg should've covered for her more, but really he shouldn't have blocked the drug news in the first place - it came out like 3 years after it happened, so now not only has bom done that but she's a representative of how fame lets people get away with things. let it out and say it was a misunderstanding over antidepressants (which is a) bullshit b) still illegal) and the public know about it as it's happening and can see 'evidence' come out and be more open to acceptance, like with gd's weed case. homegirl's also now saying she's under a label that denies signing her, so...

winner: sentimental and really really were cool and i like that they have their own mature-ish sound that isnt too try-hard or anything. it suits them a lot. i just can't really get into their more ballad-based songs, which is a shame since they do A LOT. taehyun was cool and i hope he's happy in whatever he's doing.

ikon: i really haven't cared about their previous songs but also @ yg bring them back from japan its been like 5 years where are they

blackpink: S L A Y. okay no their voices aren't great but i like that they all have unique voices rather than forcing themselves to fit certain songs. i hope they have a comeback in the next couple of months because they have FOUR SONGS. they have better choreo than 2ne1 without the dead weight of bom and dara but i hope they have different vocal trainers, because if rose becomes bom 2.0 i'll cry.
jyp groups (i've never cared for them much lol)
wonder girls: they had some undeniable bops but were definitely a lucky group in that they debuted under jyp at a time where girl groups were scarce. their songs were fun but there's a clear reason why snsd quickly slayed them when they came on the scene. talent. their recent comebacks made use of their voices well, and why so lonely is one of my fave kpop songs of the last few years but i'm not surprised they disbanded

miss a: aside from touch i always loved their title tracks but as a group they were a mess. min was promoted HARD but never properly took off, and suzy was too big to manage as a solo entertainer as well as the filler, visual member of a dance-heavy group. min is a mess, jia is a mess, they are a messy group but only you is such a good song.

got7: WHO DECIDES ON THE SONGS FOR THESE BOYS. they have sooo much potential but they're years into their debut and the best song they have to show for it is just right. backflips can only save so much!!!

twice: oh. they kind of... have everything i hate in one group. bad songs that are 'so catchy!!!', trash lyrics, a lot of boring dancing, acting like children, 'but the visuals!!', 39 album versions to inflate sales, those vocals, sana... yeah. jyp's "personality is more important than talent" thing really stood out here. if they kept on the path of their debut song maybe there'd be something now but, nope. just more inflated cheeks and folded arms. how sweet.
girl groups
t-ara: some true bops but they got messy. even with the bullying scandal being made up, their whole promotions following that got messy, and another hit or miss group for me tbh
kara: queens of japan. hara is upsetting as a person but nicole was a babe and step is iconic.
sistar: hyorin gets a lot of love for being proud of her darker skin but fyi she deliberately tans darker than her natural tone to fit problematic views that darker women = erotic and sexy. she stays paler for ~innocent~ songs
girls day: they had a good run but i don't think they'll get back up there. shame, because i did like their songs.
aoa: who?
exid: hani's obsession with leering at underage girls dancing on shows is creepy
apink: again... had a good run.
mamamoo: so extra, no
gfriend: probably my favourite new gg aside from blackpink? i love their performances and their last concept was soo fun. i also always love their songs and i like the members a lot. they seem really versatile as a group so i think they could have longevity if they keep getting good songs, even if fingertip didn't so as well as previous songs! then again, it'd always be hard to top rough
oh my girl: another hit or miss, but one i really want to like! windy day and liar liar are two of my favourite tracks, but just about everything has been either a let down or just a liiiittle off :(
boy groups
bts: i've been following them since before they really hit it off and the improvement is AMAZING! however, wings was a let down for me because i didn't really like any of the solo tracks much, but i loved the group songs. i can't imagine their next comeback is anytime soon, but if it's a regular album then i'm really excited because spring day was a masterpiece
block b: enjoyed them a lot for a couple years but they totally fell off my radar. still check up on zico from time to time because he has his genius moments
aaaand i just realised i don't think i listen to any other non big 3 boy groups? i never got into the era of beast/highlight, vixx, infinite, btob, b1a4, b.a.p and the newer groups haven't really caught my eye? kpop generally goes through cycles of boy group debuts > girls > oys > girls, so maybe in the next year or so i'll find a new one.
i am not even going to get started on jaejoong other than to post these because i love him so much i can't even start talking about him because it never ends he's so precious and kind and beautiful and talented and his title tracks are such trash that he doesn't even always sing them at concerts but he is amazing and perfect, bisexual icon and if he ever pierced his bellybutton again i would 100% die
Image at like 19 ahhhh
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I love it when someone posts here because it enables me to blab about kpop somewhere other than Twitter.
jaej wrote: boa she's still a queen but she's had 2 good songs since about 2003 [/spoiler]
lmao you didn't lie. I haven't listened to her new SM Station song yet though.
jaej wrote: 2ne1: another of my old faves, rip. but really they were dead for ages. their songs from 2012-2014 under-performed aside from missing you and come back home, and not doing great on a tour they called 'all or nothing' kind of settled it. really, cl has more hope as a soloist, in or out of korea, if she just has decent songs. dara is very sweet but... yeah, that's it. minzy's solo kind of proved why she never HAD a solo, she's a bit bland on her own, and bom just shouldn't be in the industry.
denying she has a body image problem is concerning, especially given her recent work, and her voice is exhausted. people say yg should've covered for her more, but really he shouldn't have blocked the drug news in the first place - it came out like 3 years after it happened, so now not only has bom done that but she's a representative of how fame lets people get away with things. let it out and say it was a misunderstanding over antidepressants (which is a) bullshit b) still illegal) and the public know about it as it's happening and can see 'evidence' come out and be more open to acceptance, like with gd's weed case. homegirl's also now saying she's under a label that denies signing her, so...
I'm worried about Bom, it's obvious something isn't right with her at all.. someone who genuinely cares about her needs to pull her out of the industry (maybe forever idk) before the self distructs or something.
jaej wrote: blackpink: S L A Y. okay no their voices aren't great but i like that they all have unique voices rather than forcing themselves to fit certain songs. i hope they have a comeback in the next couple of months because they have FOUR SONGS. they have better choreo than 2ne1 without the dead weight of bom and dara but i hope they have different vocal trainers, because if rose becomes bom 2.0 i'll cry.[/spoiler]
BlackPink are so lovely and talented, they've really grown on me since debut. I really hope they don't stay in the YG basement for too long. I think iKON is coming back first this month but I hope BP gets a summer comeback.
jaej wrote: twice: oh. they kind of... have everything i hate in one group. bad songs that are 'so catchy!!!', trash lyrics, a lot of boring dancing, acting like children, 'but the visuals!!', 39 album versions to inflate sales, those vocals, sana... yeah. jyp's "personality is more important than talent" thing really stood out here. if they kept on the path of their debut song maybe there'd be something now but, nope. just more inflated cheeks and folded arms. how sweet.[/spoiler]
I was ready to stan Twice after their debut song but Cheer Up was was awful. I really liked KNOCK KNOCK, but it's still not what I want from them. Judging by the teaser pics for the next release that ain't changing anytime soon. They'll stay my guily pleasures for now.
jaej wrote: sistar: hyorin gets a lot of love for being proud of her darker skin but fyi she deliberately tans darker than her natural tone to fit problematic views that darker women = erotic and sexy. she stays paler for ~innocent~ songs
Yeah, her self tanning becomes especially problematic when her fans keep calling the Beyonce of kpop for some reason..
jaej wrote: aoa: who?

Let's see, what happened in my Pledis oriented kpop bubble since my last post?

- Seventeen were in LA for two weeks to 'learn about music' or whatever bullshit, I'm just happy Joshua got to go home for a bit and show his members around. There'll be a comeback by the end of this month. If it's another song where they repeat one word or phrase the entire chorus I'm gonna be mad.
- After School remains dead but not buried, Pledis doesn't even care about Nana's career anymore because she's on hiatus or something (except for CF's because my queen is an ATM apparently). I'm genuinely not sure whether Eyoung is even alive anymore. I have given up, but remain a bitter stan for the rest of my life. Orange Caramel is now just as dead as After School, which gives me a twisted kind of pleasure because all the people who whined about OC being so much more succesful than AS (My Copycat flopped harder than First Love soooo) and how they would go on after AS disbandment need to eat dust now. Muhahaha. Choke.
- Pledis has finally debuted their new girl group to run in the ground; Pristin. Their debut was pretty.. disappointing to put it nicely. But many people seem to love it, so good for them I guess. I want them to do well, I just wish they didn't release shit. Their stans already irritate the hell out of me though.. like even worse than Carats. :sideeye:
- Speaking of things that Pledis has run into the ground; 4/5 of the NU'EST boys has joined Produce 101 in order to avoid disbandment. JR, Minhyun, Baekho and Ren have set their pride aside while Aron.. idk he's in LA somewhere I think. Probably for the best he's not there considering his past controversies. It's genuinely painful to watch sometimes, I was more invested in NU'EST than I thought I was. JR and Minhyun are doing well, Baekho finally redeemed himself after messing up in the first episode and Ren.. is still pretty but somewhat sickly looking. He was also never really the talented one which does shine through. Either way I hope they do well and make their annoying ass antis seethe with rage just because.

Pledis doesn't completely own me, what else happened in my bubble?

- My precious GFriend girlies came back with Fingertip and it was awesome. Unfortunate comeback time though considering they had to deal with the Twice comeback aftermath. Also people have no taste.. like I get no song of theirs is gonna be as big as Rough was but Fingertip deserved so much more than it got. Umji's styling was on point this time, she's so cute
- Satanic GFriend aka Dreamcatcher have stolen my heard by bringing catchy Jpop-rock sounds into Kpop with amazing choreo. Siyeon and JiU are my faves.
- I am obsessed with K.A.R.D. and they have finally completed their pre-debut project with Rumor. I loved all three songs, Don't Recall was my favorite. They're a hit with international fans and selling out shows overseas but I hope they'll be able to do good in Korea as well when they finally officially debut.
- Brave Girls had an underrated bop of the centurt with Rollin. Beyond me why that tame MV was 19+ but sure..
- CLC went full on 4Minute under Hyuna's guidance with Hobgoblin which I liked.. I think Hyuna pretty much owns Cube now. Her subunit with the Pentagon dudes is weird. Give us Troublemaker back, Hyunseung isn't even doing anything..
- Twice remains my guilty pleasure of crap songs that are catchy. I genuinely liked KNOCK KNOCK, miles better than either Cheer Up or TT. They're having another comeback soon before JYP sends them to Japan.
- T-ara is kinda disbanding but not really idk. Whatever, just give me another song like Number 9 or Sugar Free.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
jaej
moon room

i wish there was more exciting stuff happening with kpop rn, everything feels dead! a lot of debuts have been lackluster, rookie groups have been hit or miss and some of the initially popular ones like lovelyz have already kind of faded off. the japanese general public are done with kpop and its just the niche market left for concerts and decent album sales, so theres nothing much exciting there. there arent many exciting variety shows rn, weekly idols only good if you're already a stan of the group that's on and the other consistent shows like hello counselor barely focus on the idol. i need the exploitative magic that was shinee's hello baby back again law of the jungle has had its moments though
v lives are kind of taking over the individual group shows like the showtimes or 2ne1tv which i feel kind of sad about, even if it means weekly footage of jaejoong making food or talking about food or buying food or eating food...
i'm also missing out from my dislike of survival shows! i got too upset over clips of winner and never got attached enough to the monsta x (i think?) one or the sixteen or produce 101 girls. been avoiding p101 s2 as well, but casting kahi to be surrounded by minors made me :? for a second, old habits take a while to shake lol even with... recent revelations.

things i AM looking forward to:
- seeing how well new gen girlgroups solidifying their place as they get into their careers. red velvet have been rocky but will clearly do well with more consistent tracks, gfriends more mature comeback didnt exactly slay the charts but it proved they can easily tackle that kind of thing, twice will be seeing if they can outlast the curse of jyp girlgroups and prove they have the substance to last and blackpink need a solid (mini/) album to prove theyre real contenders and not just a quick 2ne1 replacement
- the more established newer gen boygroups getting big hits! seventeen/nct/bts/ikon/winner/got7 (what other new boygroups are there? step it UP) all have the potential to put out truly iconic boy group songs like ur man/mirotic/growl/her but the closest was probably bts' fire? seventeen and ikon had decent hits and got7 did as far as international fandoms go, but block b and bigbang are probably the only male groups rn having the ioi/twice level of song recognition. they all have good fandoms but need that final hit to be really strong, step it tf up!!
- how the scene develops with the decline of the 2nd gen in full swing, but with remaining 2nd gen groups (suju/tvxq) slowly returning. seeing the groups i saw debut now being the senior groups, or even disbanding like 2ne1 and t-ara, is making me feel old af. i remember feeling weird when bts debuted because jungkook was one of (maybe THE?) the youngest idols at the time and he was only a few months older than me, and now there's people like 5 years younger slaying!! every gen has different characteristics and i'm still a little excited to see where this goes
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Just dropping in to share that Bigbang has a YT Red series. Thanks to my Deppy TATINOF and the Documentary woes, I was able to help others access it. It's still on-going. In my opinion the first 2 eps were funny, but the last 2 ones were lackluster. It's helpful though cause VIPs will be in drought til GD drops his album sometime this year so it's something to occupy the fandom. I'm highkey dreading their decline in popularity, especially with the strengthening of BTS and EXO, and the non-appearance of BB anywhere (Daesung had promotions this year but only in Japan). But, hopefully, GD and Taeyang's participation in Psy's new album might bolster some interest.

As a Seungri stan, I'm anticipating his alleged solo album, though because of YG we'll never really actually know if it will come to light. But at least this time around he's given more than 3 weeks to make an album. :wtf:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
lishachi
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

I never thought I'd be part of this thread but here I am.

Like a month ago I found EXO and BTS and oh boi......I am stuck down a hole. Very far down. In the dark.

It's mainly just BTS now, at first it was EXO, I watched their videos and loved them instantly, then BTS... I have no idea what drew me in but at first I was like 'ah yeah they dance really well, sing really well, look and dress cool, nice' then 2 weeks later I knew all their names and songs off by heart.

I am .

My first EXO song was Monster and BTS was FIRE I think. I need help. Has anyone got any thoughts/discussed the BTS ships before? Because I saw stuff about it on Tumblr and Youtube and there are like hardcore shippers, I think alot of them like Jungkook/V or Jungkook/Jimin? And also Namjin? I thought it was crazy the amount of people who shipped different members. I'm intrigued to peoples opinions on here. :D

Any other groups that anyone would like to recommend? :D I did start watching and listening to 4minute and they were really cool too.
:biflag: :blackheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

*returns to this thread with battle scars from the mess that was Produce 101, Pledis refusing to pull the plug on After School but also not giving them a comeback (4 years and counting since First Love now) after Uee has left and 2 more girl groups disbanding*

I haven't stopped crying and yelling about Produce 101 finale on Twitter since Friday bUT JONGHYUN WAS ROBBED BY VOTERS. How did the guy who led 4 teams perfectly, was humble, selfless and perfect all the way throughout the damn show, got first place 2 weeks in a row, and gained the nickname Nation's Leader not actually get into the fucking group?? And now Jonghyun has to leave Minhyun behind until December 2018 while he, Dongho (also fucking robbed), Minki (robbed of any screentime by Mnet) and Aron (confirmed to not be dead) have to pray that Pledis takes mercy on them and gets their shit together to ride their new wave of popularity as soon as possible and not let them die because of previous poor sales. Plenty of people are mad about Jonghyun not making it, so they better support NU'EST now and forever because my boys did not go through all this bullshit and humiliation to flop again. They've been charting well since the final line-up was announced (better than Produce 101 songs lol) so the potential is obviously there. The only thing I'm thankful for is that this made me go from 'I like NU'EST a lot and their music is good but I'm not really a stan either..' since 2012 to full on demon LO/\E now.

Uee left After School and Pledis (good for her tbh) and you'd think that be a good time for them to disband the group that made their damn company but hasn't had a comeback in 4(!) years now but nope they still ain't going anywhere. Eyoung is alive though, she composed an OST sung by Raina and posted a picture from the 2014 Japan tour yesterday so I hope that means rumors about them fighting are proven to be false now. This company and group will be my actual death. Seventeen's comeback was nice though. Took a long ass time to grow on me because I find the chorus so bland but the rest of the song is really good.

I'll miss T-ara and Sistar so much, maybe T-ara will really reunite elsewhere but for now I'm just putting that down under 'Kara Couldn't Do It So Why Would T-ara?'. I'm really sad that Sistar didn't do one last full promotion round for Lonely and snatched some wins but that's life I guess. I cried when I was the MV and haven't watched it again since then. I wasn't even that attached to them because their music was very hit or miss for me but they really hit me in the feels.

Hyped for BLACKPINK and Stellar coming back soon (and maybe 9Muses will be good too tomorrow). AND K.A.R.D WILL FINALLY OFFICIALLY DEBUT NEXT MONTH

lishachi Welcome to the thread and the rabbit hole that is kpop! Please stan rising star boy group Seventeen and their desperately in need of support labelmates NU'EST for visuals, talent and good ass music Seventeen also got a million and one ships considering there are 13 members so if you're interested in that~ I know very little about boy groups beyond those two tbh but I know that Vixx, iKON, Winner, Astro, Pentagon and NCT127 are all popular or trending groups who have had recent comebacks or are currently promoting new material.

4Minute is an excellent girl group to start with, coming from the imo greatest and most diverse era of girl groups in kpop, even if they have disbanded. If you like 4M you will also like Hyuna's solo material and her old subunit Troublemaker. More excellent groups from their era are 2NE1, Sistar, After School, T-ara, Miss A, Wonder Girls, KARA, f(x) and the most popular one ever; Girls' Generation. For the more modern girl groups that have recently been active you got Twice, Red Velvet, GFriend and BLACKPINK as the current most popular ones but there are many older and newer good or promising groups as well like Stellar, 9Muses, AOA, Lovelyz, DIA, Pristin, Dreamcatcher and Gugudan.

There are so many groups in kpop these days it's kinda ridiculous and the market is completely over saturated but at least that it makes it easier to find something you'll like among all the option :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
GreenLight
smol bean
Pronouns: he/him

Catallena wrote: I'll miss T-ara and Sistar so much, maybe T-ara will really reunite elsewhere but for now I'm just putting that down under 'Kara Couldn't Do It So Why Would T-ara?'. I'm really sad that Sistar didn't do one last full promotion round for Lonely and snatched some wins but that's life I guess. I cried when I was the MV and haven't watched it again since then. I wasn't even that attached to them because their music was very hit or miss for me but they really hit me in the feels.
I'm so sad about SISTAR's disbandment, but t least it was amicable and done in a classy way.
I like many of the groups mentioned before but I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Monsta X. They can be a bit hit or miss but I like how they aren't just a cookie cutter boy band (and I think their two rappers Jooheon and IM are really strong).
Also, everyone needs to listen to Agust D by Agust D (aka Suga from BTS). Actually, listen to his whole mixtape.
RRR98
drama llama

So it looks like nu'est might rise from this even with dongho's scandal( at first I believed her but then with her changing things it doesn't look good for her). They are going to have a comeback after Pristin and ren and JR have a cf and ren has already filmed a program.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

not sure if anyone reads this thread but i made a vid on bts and it's a massive shitpost but if anyone wants to watch 2 minutes of it here it is

i don't know what i did
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I used to be really into kpop roughly between 2008 and 2011, so uh. what'd I miss.

tvxq: I used to absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE tvxq, like, to the extent where I learned both Japanese and a tiny bit of Korean through them. I still can't hear the word 'water' without hearing changmin's voice going waateeerrr. And their Japanese live performances still give me chills because of how incredibly good they are. But I started getting really busy with other things (internships/graduation) by the time the lawsuits started and after the split I completely lost interest. I will forever mourn the lack of new yunho/jaejoong content. I don't really know what they're up to now, aside from yunho & changmin still working under the tvxq name and junsu sometimes playing in musicals? (someone here said 'bisexual icon' about jaejoong, did we get any confirmation about that in the last 6 years? someone update me pls I don't know what's happening)

suju: favs. dear god if there's a voice that can melt me anytime it's kyuhyun's. I also still have a massive poster of that really weird movie they once did, with the panda and the poop? throwing. I might still know part of the choreography for the promo song too. I also loved that weird show they did, explorers of the human body. That was amazing, I picked up so many weird facts from that show.

shinee: one of only like, 2 groups I still listen to and sometimes even try to catch up on. they've grown so much, I always kinda feel like a proud mom (even though I'm not that much older than them)

big bang: I'm always a bit iffy about them. There's a lot of songs I really like, and I've often used their song titles for my own blogs and stuff (because I'm not creative enough to think of any of my own :p ), but at the same time I'm kinda eh about them. I appreciate GD's sheer talent, and I definitely appreciate how much fun their songs are to run to.

2ne1: well, it was fun while it lasted, I guess. bit of a whirlwind, and I'm sad to see them go but alas.

bts: aren't they like THE group right now? someone tried to explain the themes behind a series of their videos to me a while back and I still have no idea what's going on, nor do I actually know any of their songs. I did watch one of their videos where they had quotes from a german philosopher and an angel statue crying. it was very disturbing and dramatic and confusing but I'm intrigued.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

...i made another one
citizen_erased wrote:I used to be really into kpop roughly between 2008 and 2011, so uh. what'd I miss.

tvxq: I used to absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE tvxq, like, to the extent where I learned both Japanese and a tiny bit of Korean through them. I still can't hear the word 'water' without hearing changmin's voice going waateeerrr. And their Japanese live performances still give me chills because of how incredibly good they are. But I started getting really busy with other things (internships/graduation) by the time the lawsuits started and after the split I completely lost interest. I will forever mourn the lack of new yunho/jaejoong content. I don't really know what they're up to now, aside from yunho & changmin still working under the tvxq name and junsu sometimes playing in musicals? (someone here said 'bisexual icon' about jaejoong, did we get any confirmation about that in the last 6 years? someone update me pls I don't know what's happening)

suju: favs. dear god if there's a voice that can melt me anytime it's kyuhyun's. I also still have a massive poster of that really weird movie they once did, with the panda and the poop? throwing. I might still know part of the choreography for the promo song too. I also loved that weird show they did, explorers of the human body. That was amazing, I picked up so many weird facts from that show.

shinee: one of only like, 2 groups I still listen to and sometimes even try to catch up on. they've grown so much, I always kinda feel like a proud mom (even though I'm not that much older than them)

big bang: I'm always a bit iffy about them. There's a lot of songs I really like, and I've often used their song titles for my own blogs and stuff (because I'm not creative enough to think of any of my own :p ), but at the same time I'm kinda eh about them. I appreciate GD's sheer talent, and I definitely appreciate how much fun their songs are to run to.

2ne1: well, it was fun while it lasted, I guess. bit of a whirlwind, and I'm sad to see them go but alas.

bts: aren't they like THE group right now? someone tried to explain the themes behind a series of their videos to me a while back and I still have no idea what's going on, nor do I actually know any of their songs. I did watch one of their videos where they had quotes from a german philosopher and an angel statue crying. it was very disturbing and dramatic and confusing but I'm intrigued.
This was so cute to read, gonna check some of these out later.

Atm im into bts, exo and recently nct 127, and bts seemed to be popular before bbmas and then got even more popular / noticed after bbmas i think? That's how i found them anyway, they're a great group in my opinion, they were the first kpop group i got into so they've always been special to me. (seems like i've loved them forever but i know it's been months haha) They seem so genuine and i love all of them individually, also their choreography is amazing.

I think the vid u mean is Blood, Sweat and Tears? It's a great mv, they all look so good and the dancing is incredible. I'd recommend Not Today, Save Me, Fire and I NEED U as some of their newish ones and old ones that are good are War of Hormone, N.O and We Are Bulletproof, Pt. 2.

They're such a good group i have a lot of love for them
jaej
moon room

citizen_erased wrote:(someone here said 'bisexual icon' about jaejoong, did we get any confirmation about that in the last 6 years? someone update me pls I don't know what's happening)
definitely no confirmation, just a whole lot of old rumours backed up by a lot of tiiiiny pieces of evidence. probably confirmation bias for the most part (and it may as well be since he probably wouldn't come out anyway) but i definitely do see it

new kpop things i've kept up to date with: red velvets song was a bop, exo's comeback didn't do much for me except what u do which is also a bop, blackpinks song was one of my favourite teddy tracks but i've heard it too much now and i'm done with it.
snsd's 10 year anniversary comeback was disappointing but sm anniversary comebacks arent, at least they got better treatment than tvxq and suju.
i liked gfriends song but it isn't as memorable as their past ones so i'm worried my 90s queens are slipping
i am looking forward to pristins comeback and bts are already killing me with the poster teasers and i know theyre gonna fuck me up over the next year
i've watched the first two episodes of jaejoong and uee's drama manhole and i find it funnier than most comedy kdramas but if bong pil isn't a little less of a manchild by about episode 6 i might drop it and just look at screencaps. its fun for now but that won't last. praying for a jaejoong ost because they always kill me
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Hello, here's me everyone's favorite Pledis Entertainment update account lmao. But first this video on the double standards in kpop.
(made me realize After School got away with A LOT lol y must they hate Dal Shabet tho?)

I'm still a bit shook over it but NU'EST (or now known as NU'EST W until Minhyun returns from the war zone that is the Wanna One fandom) pulled the best career turn around since EXID with Hani's fancam.. Their love sonf to Minhyun thank you song for fans If You charted incredibly well and it had no MV, no physicials and zero promotions. And they were up against EXO (KoKoBop stayed ahead of course) and Red Velvet. Whenever their real comeback drop they will do well. Aside from musical successs, JR is a permanent cast member/panelist on both Night Goblin and Suspicious Singer now and Ren was filming his show in Belgium recently. And they're appearing in some whack ass Pledis family special on Weekly Idol with Pristin, Han Dong Geun and Raina. LOVEs and HIghs will definitely end up murdering each other by the end of it when they feel like their group didn't get enough attention compared to the other.

Baekho's case..
yh I was really upset over this. I always take accusations like this seriously because I'd never want to make a victim feel like they weren't at least listened to. The way the girl kept changing things was suspicious, but it's not uncommon for a sexual assault victim to forget details about what happened to them. But she really lost a lot of credibility when she had to admit that her friends made up bullying rumors about him too. I'm not attaching any meaning to statements from people who say that they knew both Baekho and the girl saying she was obsessed with him or whatever.. it's not reliable info to me. Either way I'm still wary and not choosing any sides. On all accounts I hope it didn't happen of course, but I don't think we'll ever know about something that happened so many years ago. Pledis sued and it's a police investigation now but from what I've read Pledis is swinging things in a way where they don't have to prove nothing happened but just prove that the girl was trying to harm Baekho's reputation and career no matter whether it was true or not... Yay justice?
Raina made a solo comeback called 'Loop' which features Aron in some kind of attempt to get NU'EST's new fans familiar with him I guess? And maybe salvage Raina's meh solo career. The song is nice and pretty, though I wish she'd drop the cutesy vocals and just use her normal voice. Aron improved but he still shouldn't rap, I thought we had established this years ago.. After School is still dead of course. Raina said Orange Caramel did prepare something last year(?) but it wasn't good enough so it kept getting delayed blah blah blah same excuses as she made for AS a few years ago. Anyway, this was the second most exciting thing to happen in the life of Playgirlz lately. The first was Eyoung updating her Instagram with lots of pics from her holiday including pictures of herself! We just like knowing she isn't dead.

Seventeen is boring being on their world tour and stuff so I'm watching stuff I've missed or way too lazy to watch when it came out.

Back to girl groups and their recent releases.

GFriend went back to wholesome innocence after Fingertip flopped and released their weakest title track up till now with Love Whisper.. so naturally the public loves them again and they're doing extremely well. The song did grow on me after watching performances but imo it's very Me Gustas Tu part two without the catchy part. Their comeback stage in the water was awesome though! (and hilarious considering the performance on the wet stage that made them famous)

Still in love with Dreamcatcher. Fly High is softer than Chase Me and Good Night but because of that perfect for summer.

Four Nine Muses made another comeback for their repackage of their latest album and while Love City isn't as good as Remember imo it's still a bop.

Weki Meki including former I.O.I members Doyeon and Yoojung debuted and didn't really impress me. Just like all the other PD101S1/I.O.I related groups sadly :( But it was age appropriate without a school concept so that was a nice bit of variety. Well, as long as Fantagio doesn't let Hello Venus rot in their basement I guess..

SNSD celebrated their 10th anniversary! I haven't liked a song of theirs in half that time and sadly it isn't much different this time (still better than their last two efforts though) but they remain an iconic group. I wonder what will be next for them as a group... I still have my money on indefinite hiatus. Since f(x) is also on life support, SM can just focus on Red Velvet and possibly debut another girl group next year.

Speaking of Red Velvet, Red Flavor was a bit basic but a fun summer song nontheless. Awful MV though. Styling isn't all there either.

And not girl groups:

My bbs K.A.R.D had their official debut, and haters gonna hate on their 'repetitive' trop house sound but Hola Hola was a nice summer bop and this group remains flawfree.

I listened to N.Flying's comeback because I heard they featured Moonbok from PD101 in the MV plus I remember liking their debut (they debuted at roughly the same time as Seventeen that's why I know) and I liked it. The MV is funny and the song is nice.

Samuel made his solo debut and.. I maybe would've loved it if I were a 13 year old girl with an affinity for autotune I guess? At least Brave Bros got him something age appropriate and I wish him only good thing after his three failed debut attempts

Wanna One debuted. It was fine.. a lot better than the Dream Girls shit I.O.I got stuck with last year. Minhyun looked good which is what's most important.

That's all I listened to which is a lot more than normal. Everyone released their shit at the same time.

Upcoming things I'm looking forward too:

Pristin making me care about them so I can get my full Pledis stan card back. Less Wee Woo and a little more Black Widow thanks.

HYUNA COMEBACK
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
jaej
moon room

Catallena wrote: (made me realize After School got away with A LOT lol y must they hate Dal Shabet tho?)
dal shabet/sherbert is the name of a children's book, so i think it's generally assumed that's why their content is measured a lot more strictly. the author of the book was REALLY mad that a book for young children was having its name used for a group who weren't so 6 year old friendly. the company asked permission to use the name and she refused, so they just altered the spelling a little and used it
citizen_erased
truth bomb

lishachi wrote:

...i made another one
citizen_erased wrote:I used to be really into kpop roughly between 2008 and 2011, so uh. what'd I miss.

This was so cute to read, gonna check some of these out later.

Atm im into bts, exo and recently nct 127, and bts seemed to be popular before bbmas and then got even more popular / noticed after bbmas i think? That's how i found them anyway, they're a great group in my opinion, they were the first kpop group i got into so they've always been special to me. (seems like i've loved them forever but i know it's been months haha) They seem so genuine and i love all of them individually, also their choreography is amazing.

I think the vid u mean is Blood, Sweat and Tears? It's a great mv, they all look so good and the dancing is incredible. I'd recommend Not Today, Save Me, Fire and I NEED U as some of their newish ones and old ones that are good are War of Hormone, N.O and We Are Bulletproof, Pt. 2.

They're such a good group i have a lot of love for them
I just checked, and it was indeed Blood, Sweat and Tears. It's a beautiful mv, very artsy and poetic, but the thing about it is that I have no idea what's going on. The dancing's on point though I'll check out the other ones you mentioned, thanks!

And everyone else thanks too, I'll be spending the next week or so catching up on the names you mentioned here
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Today in mess; since Produce 101's popularity survival shows are spreading like an STD. KBS is launching The Unit, which is for failed idols, and I'm already excited for the drama. I know I just recovered from PD101 but meh, the potential this has it too good. Rumor has it an AOA member is joining. AOA has definitely peaked and now that Choa is gone their future is a bit shaky, but I wouldn't call them failed idols. Anyway, it makes me wonder what other idols we're gonna get. If AOA are allowed I can see Pledis dropping Eyoung and Kaeun in the show.. (god help me if this happens). In fact I have a list of (ex) members of girl groups I can see joining this show.
jaej wrote:
Catallena wrote: (made me realize After School got away with A LOT lol y must they hate Dal Shabet tho?)
dal shabet/sherbert is the name of a children's book, so i think it's generally assumed that's why their content is measured a lot more strictly. the author of the book was REALLY mad that a book for young children was having its name used for a group who weren't so 6 year old friendly. the company asked permission to use the name and she refused, so they just altered the spelling a little and used it
That would explain it. You'd hope Happyface would do better with names from then on, but nope now they have Dreamcatcher. Love the group to bits but I don't have to explain why that name is problematic. People contacted them before their official (re)debut about it as well and they never got any response.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
jaej
moon room

Catallena wrote:Today in mess; since Produce 101's popularity survival shows are spreading like an STD. KBS is launching The Unit, which is for failed idols, and I'm already excited for the drama. I know I just recovered from PD101 but meh, the potential this has it too good. Rumor has it an AOA member is joining. AOA has definitely peaked and now that Choa is gone their future is a bit shaky, but I wouldn't call them failed idols. Anyway, it makes me wonder what other idols we're gonna get. If AOA are allowed I can see Pledis dropping Eyoung and Kaeun in the show.. (god help me if this happens). In fact I have a list of (ex) members of girl groups I can see joining this show.
ex t-ara member areum's confirmed now too, so i'm excited to see the full cast list (even if it is just for the drama). if bestie aren't getting a comeback anytime soon then i hope they get a chance, my nugu queens deserve better

i've been listening to a lot of j-pop lately so here's a couple current faves if anyone's into it/curious. there are a lot of outdated trends and that type of idol music in japan is looked down on a lot more than in korea imo, but a lot of k-pop discussion places reduce it to just all being akb48 or make it seem like you can only like one or another, so here's a few different groups

RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

As the resident Bigbang stan (and probably the only one here. :? ) I just wanted to share that it's their 11th anniversary today! <3

On other news, I love AKMU cause their voices just calm me down whenever I listen to their songs. So whenever I'm stressing, I just listen to any of their songs and it just magically makes me feel more relaxed. What kind of sorcery is that? :shock:

I watched a Happy Together episode where AKMU was at, and Somi of IOI was there. I found her and her dad funny, so because of the ep I'm planning to check out IOI. I only know that they were from the girls version of Produce 101 and I only know Pick Me. I'll try to see if there are other songs by the group. (P.s. have they disbanded already? :?).
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Another girl group has disbanded. RIP Sunny Hill, you were so close to your 10th anniversary as well... Speaking of groups having a 10th anniversary, anyone following the mess surrounding SNSD's contract renewal with SM? I still think the group will go on a indefinite hiatus a la S.E.S but I'm curious to see if any of the girls leave the company.
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:As the resident Bigbang stan (and probably the only one here. :? ) I just wanted to share that it's their 11th anniversary today! <3

On other news, I love AKMU cause their voices just calm me down whenever I listen to their songs. So whenever I'm stressing, I just listen to any of their songs and it just magically makes me feel more relaxed. What kind of sorcery is that? :shock:

I watched a Happy Together episode where AKMU was at, and Somi of IOI was there. I found her and her dad funny, so because of the ep I'm planning to check out IOI. I only know that they were from the girls version of Produce 101 and I only know Pick Me. I'll try to see if there are other songs by the group. (P.s. have they disbanded already? :?).
Congrats on the 11th anniversary of your ult group <3

I.O.I was cute. They disbanded in January but honestly their run as a group was a mess because companies kept pulling out their girls for their own groups (DIA, Gugudan and WJSN) so the group was often incomplete (their Whatta Man comeback was done with four members missing). It didn't even help them in the long run, it only pissed of their fans. I think they were also supposed to last a full year but it didn't happen. That's why on Season 2 Mnet/YMC got smart and altered the contracts so that for 1,5 years none of the Wanna One members can stray like last time.

My favorite I.O.I songs were Crush and their goodbye song Downpour. Whatta Man was nice too, except those outfits they put underage members in ._.
jaej wrote:
Catallena wrote:Today in mess; since Produce 101's popularity survival shows are spreading like an STD. KBS is launching The Unit, which is for failed idols, and I'm already excited for the drama. I know I just recovered from PD101 but meh, the potential this has it too good. Rumor has it an AOA member is joining. AOA has definitely peaked and now that Choa is gone their future is a bit shaky, but I wouldn't call them failed idols. Anyway, it makes me wonder what other idols we're gonna get. If AOA are allowed I can see Pledis dropping Eyoung and Kaeun in the show.. (god help me if this happens). In fact I have a list of (ex) members of girl groups I can see joining this show.
ex t-ara member areum's confirmed now too, so i'm excited to see the full cast list (even if it is just for the drama). if bestie aren't getting a comeback anytime soon then i hope they get a chance, my nugu queens deserve better

i've been listening to a lot of j-pop lately so here's a couple current faves if anyone's into it/curious. there are a lot of outdated trends and that type of idol music in japan is looked down on a lot more than in korea imo, but a lot of k-pop discussion places reduce it to just all being akb48 or make it seem like you can only like one or another, so here's a few different groups

Boys Republic, BIGSTAR and Brave Girls are now confirmed as contestants as well. That last one was definitely on my list of possible contestants. They had one my favorite songs of the year with Rollin' and I sincerely hope they find success through this. The thing with both BIGSTAR and Brave Girls is imo that they always lacked their own musical identity precisely because their songs are Brave Brothers songs that could be done by anyone.

I used to be into Jpop a little bit when I was a teen and watched more anime. Haven't kept up with it in years though, I feel like it's not as easily accessible globally as Kpop is atm. My fav was Koda Kumi, but I also liked Ayumi Hamasaki, Hikaru Utada and Namie Amuro. Never got into the idol group side of things there but I remember Morning Musume being popular and stuff.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
RRR98
drama llama

Hello Venus is having a comeback later in the year. I don't remember if it was full or mini album though
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

RRR98 wrote:Hello Venus is having a comeback later in the year. I don't remember if it was full or mini album though
Something was said about a comeback this year and a full album next year but I'll believe it when I see it. There are still rumors about Helbi members joining The Unit and considering how bad that sales have been since Fantagio/Pledis ended their partnership it'd make sense for them to go there.. I'm torn. I'd love more music from them and soon, but I also know there's no way in hell they're gonna be doing any better than they did with Mysterious if they don't look for other ways to make a name.

Speaking of The Unit. Subin from Dal Shabet is confirmed as contestant and LABOUM might be going on as well.

Gayoung and Jeonyul are leaving Stellar. Might be the goodbye for the group anyway, I don't see them actively continuing as three. Maybe someone will pop up on The Unit as well? I feel sorry for the new member..

Pristin had their comeback and Pledis seems dead set on me not feeling any title track they put out this year. I wanna love these girls but I still don't like their music. It's better than Wee Woo to me considering I hated everything about that song except the chorus but We Like is still just not good imo. These girls have massive potential, but instead they're going the Twice route by talk singing their way through a messy song with catchy chorus and hoping that it will stick enough for success. Except their sound is a lot less polished than Twice (which could be good or bad depending on who you ask). Sungyeon has potential as songwriter but I don't think she's quite there yet.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I've basically fallen into a BTS-shaped black hole over the past week or so, and now I saw they announced the comeback + new album today so wahey, great timing me.

Current fav songs (definitely will change in like 2 weeks) are blood sweat & tears, run, i need u, and save me, butterfly. So basically the ones with the most dramatic mv's. I'm tempted to sit down and analyze the shit out of these videos, despite knowing roughly nothing about symbolism or art (or who's who).

Also going to need another week or two to really learn who's who. I've seen some incredibly unhelpful videos float around though :lol: :lol: I'll learn eventually, I guess. If I can learn all of suju, I can handle bts :lol:
villainy
placenta

Anyone here who's a fan of underground rappers? I don't know if I'm in the right thread as it is more of Khiphop than Kpop, but I like Giriboy, Olltii, Crucial Star, Zion T., Zico, San E, Tablo, Simon Dominic, Dynamic Duo, Heize, etc.

Some of the members of popular Kpop groups (like Bigbang, Block B, BTS, iKON) were initially underground rappers before they became an idol, and I like their old music more (when they were a solo artist than when they became a part of a group). I like all of Bangtan since pre-debut up until now though, and they're pretty much the only Kpop group I stan. I used to stan Girls' Generation, T-ara, Super Junior, B1A4, B2ST, 4Minute, Apink, Miss A, and f(x), and I do still like them, but I don't listen to their music as much as I used to.

For those who have never heard of underground Korean music, I recommend listening these songs. These are my personal favorites!
- Giriboy: Hogu, Player, Different Look, Why Do You Live Like This?, Back and Forth 30min., Skit, Take Care of You, Breath, Fluttering Feelings (too much? sorry I just love him a lot)
- Crucial Star: A Winter Love Song (I never get tired of listening to this, it's my favorite out of all my favorites), I'm Ok, Tonight
- Zion T: No Make Up, Eat, Yanghwa BRDG
- San E: Story of Someone I Know, Me You, Where Did You Sleep?, Break Up Dinner
- Heize: My Boyfriend Says Thank You
- Kyung Park: Ordinary Love
- Zico: Boys and Girls

and My Type by iKON is cute too lmao
jaej
moon room

Catallena wrote: Pristin had their comeback and Pledis seems dead set on me not feeling any title track they put out this year. I wanna love these girls but I still don't like their music. It's better than Wee Woo to me considering I hated everything about that song except the chorus but We Like is still just not good imo. These girls have massive potential, but instead they're going the Twice route by talk singing their way through a messy song with catchy chorus and hoping that it will stick enough for success. Except their sound is a lot less polished than Twice (which could be good or bad depending on who you ask). Sungyeon has potential as songwriter but I don't think she's quite there yet.
pristin have some of my favourite styling choices and i love the choreo for wee woo (pledis has definitely got their styling and choreo slaying lately) but the songs are a weird combination of boring and messy. i am so ready for them to be one of my favourite current girl groups but i doubt its going to happen before 2018
citizen_erased wrote: Also going to need another week or two to really learn who's who. I've seen some incredibly unhelpful videos float around though :lol: :lol: I'll learn eventually, I guess. If I can learn all of suju, I can handle bts :lol:
ive been a really lazy bts fan lately but one of the best thing about liking them is definitely the sheer amount of content, so it doesn't take too long to figure out who's who and what they're like. i'm also lowkey mad that the comeback is still a couple of weeks away because i hate long periods of teaser photos and clips

also i just listened to this song last week and couldn't believe what a 2010 style generic bop it is. production and writing being arguably a lot better these days is nice and all, but i miss the straight up repetitive classics. anything that reminds me a tiny bit of old t-ara/kara/4minute is a favourite
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

jaej wrote:
Catallena wrote: Pristin had their comeback and Pledis seems dead set on me not feeling any title track they put out this year. I wanna love these girls but I still don't like their music. It's better than Wee Woo to me considering I hated everything about that song except the chorus but We Like is still just not good imo. These girls have massive potential, but instead they're going the Twice route by talk singing their way through a messy song with catchy chorus and hoping that it will stick enough for success. Except their sound is a lot less polished than Twice (which could be good or bad depending on who you ask). Sungyeon has potential as songwriter but I don't think she's quite there yet.
pristin have some of my favourite styling choices and i love the choreo for wee woo (pledis has definitely got their styling and choreo slaying lately) but the songs are a weird combination of boring and messy. i am so ready for them to be one of my favourite current girl groups but i doubt its going to happen before 2018
It's funny that you talk about Pledis styling because when I watched We Like I kept thinking how lucky these girls are that Seventeen's stylist hasn't been near them yet. Their styling for Kyla is bad though. They have no idea how to appropriately dress a teenage girl with her body type because they either dress her in things that are too small or ridiculous oversized things. Poor thing gets so much hate for her looks and she's only 15.. :(

also i just listened to this song last week and couldn't believe what a 2010 style generic bop it is. production and writing being arguably a lot better these days is nice and all, but i miss the straight up repetitive classics. anything that reminds me a tiny bit of old t-ara/kara/4minute is a favourite
[/quote]

I love this song and I never expected to do so when it came out so I had to be forced into it by someone :') It's definitely generic but it just works in a way that doesn't make it sound boring or particularly outdated.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr