Getting-to-know-you-game: JOIN OR DIE

You can make your first post here!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Hi all! By way of introduction, I will share that I am a recent college grad and that I've recently started watching Dan and Phil again after a several year hiatus from regularly consuming YT content during my time at university. And now for the other things I wouldn't normally say as an introduction!

1. I work in politics in the US. I've been an active political participant since 2014 and now have a full-time salaried position in the field. I am working on a congressional campaign in a state where I am in the political minority (like 15% of our legislature shares my party affiliation). It's a frustrating and harrowing time to be doing politics, but regardless, I'm doing my best to affect positive change.

2. I am blind in one eye and have been since birth. My body just didn't finish developing my optic nerve properly and thus, I am blind in that eye and, as a result, am horrid at every sport where there are spherical objects that move at high speeds.

3. YT was the first community I ever felt a part of. That's something I would never tell anyone irl. I started consuming Youtube content at the age of 16. It all began with the Green brothers and Charlie McDonnell. I stopped watching for a long time, other than a periodic vlogbrothers video, during college as I was freakishly busy.

4. The only reason I met my best friend is Doctor Who. Nerds, we are.

5. I live in one of the coldest cities in the US. We are known for flooding and burning down at the same time.

6. Pretty sure I'm asexual.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
jasper00
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: he/him

greetings, my name is jasper

- i'm trans and bi
- i'm really afraid of abandonment but make zero (0) effort to maintain relationships
- i used to play minecraft a whole lot and now i regret every single conversation i've ever had
in that game
danphilflipmypancake
smol bean
Pronouns: she/her

Hello peeps.

-Besides Deppy I have an uncontrollable love for Conan O'Brien
-I personally can't stand Phanfiction. Not sure why, I guess because they're real people but I just can't do it.
-When I was 5 years old I used to drink my dirty paint water after I was done finger painting because I thought it would be like a magic potion a la Snow White.
just
smol bean
Pronouns: idc

hello smol ones i am just

// i'm a math major
// before october of this year i lived on a cattle farm (i now live just outside of los angeles)
// i read dancest fanfiction once and i don't know if i'll ever be the same
christmas is upon us
citizen_erased
truth bomb

hello everyone

-I hate avocado
-I love pineapple on pizza
-I worry 100% of the time if I've said/done something wrong
-I'm 27 but only started realizing last year that I might be genderqueer/agender

-I tend to be incredibly dismissive of things I don't know, so when I still lived in a student dorm and one of my housemates said "oh you like youtubers? have you heard of this dan howell guy?" and showed me some of dan's videos I hated it, thought he was incredibly annoying and ott, and refused to watch him and phil for a couple of months (somewhere after that it changed and I subscribed and 5+ years later here I still am)

-I very, VERY recently (as in, in the past 2 months) got officially diagnosed with 'intellectual giftedness', a thing I'm still not used to saying, and now I'm still in that phase where I'm learning to accept it and I keep finding myself comparing myself to others in terms of intelligence and critical thinking skills (which I never learned in school) and then worrying I'm being either arrogant, or dismissive of my own skills/intelligence.

-no but really, avocado is so gross and overrated and I don't understand why so many people love it so much and keep insisting on putting it on/in everything.

(I'd add that I'm bi/pan but honestly that's not really a thing I keep a secret, I just don't often see a reason to mention it.)
bunny
smol bean

hi everyone!

my name is bunny

i've been watching dan and phil since late 2013 (nearly four years now! :D). my first dan video was 'the five kinds of drunk people', which apparently intrigued me enough to make me keep watching lmao
i love sailor moon, pokemon, psychology, animal crossing and cats.
i'm currently learning german!
i have two cats who i love with all my heart
i stan phil lester so hard it hurts

it's nice to meet you all!!
nephilimcat
woodland creature

bunny wrote: i'm currently learning german!
:welcome:

Wow, why are you doing this to yourself? :wtf: Deutsche Sprache, schwere Sprache - so good luck with that
pulvis et umbra sumus
bunny
smol bean

lol ikr? it all seems fine at the start, but then.. :wtf:

haha thank you
lizard queen
tol bean

what a fun way to get started!

1. I'm the lizard queen, but I actually can't do anything. (+10 points if you get one reference./+20 if you get both.)
2. According to Pottermore, my Hogwarts house is Gryffindor, but I strongly suspect that I am in reality a Slytherin.
3. I still make up conversations and scenarios in my head before I go to sleep. Those are the happiest moments of my day.
4. There are currently three precisely worded, handwritten and over six pages long letters in my drawer that I cannot manage to post off because... I don't even know.
5. At the tender age of 21, I feel incredibly old.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Welcome ^^
lizard queen wrote: 3. I still make up conversations and scenarios in my head before I go to sleep. Those are the happiest moments of my day.
Me too! Sometimes I don't even want to fall asleep when I have really nice thoughts.
pulvis et umbra sumus
lizard queen
tol bean

Thanks. :) (You've got a really nice quote in your signature, by the way.)
And same - daydreaming during the day isn't quite the same as right before bed. I guess it simply feels a little more real when the harsh light of the day isn't pointing out the flaws of my imagination.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

nephilimcat wrote:Welcome ^^
lizard queen wrote: 3. I still make up conversations and scenarios in my head before I go to sleep. Those are the happiest moments of my day.
Me too! Sometimes I don't even want to fall asleep when I have really nice thoughts.
Same! Sometimes it doesn't work and I have to stuff my head with fic/videos/podcasts/radio in order to get to sleep. But if I can cruise my mind..... :thumbs-up emoji:.

Most of the fic I've been writing gets "written" during that time. Then I just have to do the hard part and make myself write it down later :).
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
nephilimcat
woodland creature

lizard queen wrote:Thanks. :) (You've got a really nice quote in your signature, by the way.)
And same - daydreaming during the day isn't quite the same as right before bed. I guess it simply feels a little more real when the harsh light of the day isn't pointing out the flaws of my imagination.
Hehe, thanks ^^

Yeah, just lying in bed, closing your eyes and thinking about nice things makes them feel so much more real than they actually are.
LeftHandedism wrote: Most of the fic I've been writing gets "written" during that time. Then I just have to do the hard part and make myself write it down later :).
Exactly, except that it's not fics but book plots in my case. Especially recently because I have a very specific idea and I am thinking I might be finally able to write it one day, which would be a dream come true. Having ideas and thinking about them is easy but writing itself is difficult.
pulvis et umbra sumus
WrongEraDreamer
phillion/danosaur <//3

Wow okay first post here I go:

- I absolutely HATE every fruit and vegetable (The ONLY exception being lemon)

- I can turn my right foot 180 degrees and walk like that too.

- I am in constant fear of death.

- I'm bisexual.

........ This is a bit intimidating hahahahaha
Roguskii
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: She/Her

hello it is i,,

- im bisexual wooo

- i hate talking but somehow i still run my bloody mouth more than most people

- i'm actually blessed with the gift of being v articulate and knowing lorge words but i still refuse to type with proper grammar B)

- i cry a w h o l e lot !! like today i cried in a walmart change room !! fun

- i used to pray every day to not be gay lol

- i crush easily D:
(roblox death noise)
citizen_erased
truth bomb

WrongEraDreamer wrote:Wow okay first post here I go:

- I'm bisexual.

same on the foot thing! though I can't walk that way. But I can turn my feet (one at a time) completely backward. That isn't normal, then??? Because I was wondering about that literally earlier today.

(also same on the 'constant fear of death' thing :( )
WrongEraDreamer
phillion/danosaur <//3

citizen_erased wrote:
WrongEraDreamer wrote:Wow okay first post here I go:

- I'm bisexual.

same on the foot thing! though I can't walk that way. But I can turn my feet (one at a time) completely backward. That isn't normal, then??? Because I was wondering about that literally earlier today.

(also same on the 'constant fear of death' thing :( )
OMG you are the first person to tell me that they can do it too!!! hahahahahaha I don't think it's normal hahahaha I usually do it to freak out people and it's funny to see their reactions.

And yeah, the death thing sucks.
planetkidlwt
tol bean

W'sup pals,

- I'm 18 and a first year nursing student *cries for help bc I'm abandoning all my pre work*
- I live in Sydney
- straight v confused about my sexuality
- I dabble on the piano
- My music taste is a mix match of everything and I'm content with that (but all time faves are Paramore honestly Hayley Williams ilysm)
- One Direction ruined but shaped my adolescence/high school years and I'm eternally grateful (but honestly they ded rip 1d)
- I love doggos
- Other fave YouTubers incl. kickthePJ, dodie, nigahiga, Wong Fu Productions, Jenn Im, Steal The Spotlight, CatCreature, TheLineUp and ToThe9s
- I've been a casual view of deps since 2012 when I discovered Dan through the JacksGap collab and then Phil through their interview with One Direction, but it was late last year after I watched TATINOF (which if I'm gonna be honest found kinda cringe but was v endearing and was v proud of how much work they put into it) that I became intrigued past being a casual viewer and started binge watching all the stuff I missed out on over the years and slowly just :garbage:
- Idk how I stumbled on idb but it was probs in the middle of April or something and I've been lurking since until now I'm so glad I did bc this community of people is just so kind and hilarious

Oks das it :D
oliviazoe
placenta
Pronouns: She/her

heyyyyy long time lurker of idb, who finally decided to join in with the bants

olivia,19, uk

going to uni in september to study illustrations, you might have seen a couple of my phan art posts floating around tumblr :--)
:garbage:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Hey, long-time lurker who's now finally made an account!

- I'm agnostic and bisexual ( never told anyone that :shock: )
- My arms don't straighten out 180 degrees (more like 175)
- I've never eaten shellfish and now I'm afraid to try because what if I'm allergic??
- Can play 4 different instruments decently

-also I wish I made an account ages ago (although no time better than the present), v excited!!
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
bmj97
first-time poster
Pronouns: he/she/they

hello everyone c: i've visited a handful of times over the last few months and made my acct today

-i'm asexual panromantic (probably), nonbinary boy
-i have 18 cats. yep
-i like fidget spinners unironically
-i've put over 300 hours into the sims 4
-i'm autistic (is there any other autistic dnp fans??)
-i once ate an entire pint of pumpkin spice cheesecake ice cream in one sitting. no regrets
scifiphan
first-time poster

Hi I'm Teddii and i'm a long time lurker who finally decided that it was time to make an account.
- i make gifs/edits/moodboards/write fic over on tumblr (same url as my username)
- i enjoy making colourful gifs
- i also enjoy dan's nose
- i'm a massive star trek nerd
- dan and phil may own my life but pj owns my heart
- i enjoy travelling, coffee, and snow
- i stay up until 4am reguarly crying at how pretty dan howell is
- i'm an international relations student but idk what i want to do after uni
"youre the #1 most annoying phandom tumblr blog rn congrats" - anonymous
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

scifiphan wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 am Hi I'm Teddii and i'm a long time lurker who finally decided that it was time to make an account.
- i make gifs/edits/moodboards/write fic over on tumblr (same url as my username)
- i enjoy making colourful gifs
- i also enjoy dan's nose
- i'm a massive star trek nerd
- dan and phil may own my life but pj owns my heart
- i enjoy travelling, coffee, and snow
- i stay up until 4am reguarly crying at how pretty dan howell is
- i'm an international relations student but idk what i want to do after uni
:love2: :hearteyes: :love1: :loveeyes: :love2:

(i know my absolute joy over someone who likes phan + star trek isn't new but i still felt like expressing it again. also really thrilled you made an account!!)
airie
tol bean

HEWWO
(things you'll never say in getting-to-know-yous, right? that's one)

new viewer here! started watching deppy casually around november 2016, and religiously from.. april 2017? I think. anyway, awkward introduction:

-20yo medical student who goes against every medical advice ever
-like I live off caffeine and regularly forget to eat and when i do i avoid vegetables like the plague (that's probably common but everytime I read managements of diseases I feel like a hypocrite and will die soon)
-used to judge dnp so much for looking emo without ever watching their vids, thank you, my misguided younger self
-aesthetic trash even though it will give me no validation in life
-it just feels good to be in an abundance of aesthetic goodness man, give me those white walls and flowers and round glasses and pastel jumpers
-but my cactus is probably dead now bc i left it at home and forgot to water it before I left on monday
-it's 3am and i miss my cat
-oh and i have an Ao3 which is mendelssohnslieder, but only had like 1 phanfic published so yea

niiiiiice to meet you all :love1:
IamMe(Ayame)
tol bean

Long time lurker, with my final push to posting being Dans beautiful picture on twitter.
I also didnt want to post here till i read it all, and im glad i did, cause everyones facts are so amazing, and i kinda just want to spend a day with each person just listening to their stories. (borderline creepy)
And I was actually Very happy to find out there are two muslims here and 2 medicine students and one in nursing. Im in dentistry.
-I really wanted my username to be (obsessionfightsdepresion) but it exceeded the 21 letter limit. :cry:
-Im a lesbian, and theres no point in ever coming out so ive just spent A Lot of time convincing my mom that im a-sexual instead and telling her ill never marry. (cause even if i get in a closeted relationship, i cant actually have closeted children. So ive decided to just accept life and raise orphans/foster children)
- I read too much fanfiction its not even funny. Like i litterly sleep only 2 hours a day and consume crazy amounts of coffee to keep going. I take breaks between fanfictions to catch up on idb and only leave my phone when its a critical situation (feeding my cats/ feeding myself XD).
-Speaking of cats, I have five and all of them were stray babies i found in the streets and under cars.
-I dont know how avocados taste like but judging from the majority of opinions here, it doesn't sound like sth i want to try. :?
-I have no shame in staning Deppy. EVERYONE in my life is more than familiar with their whole life story and my obsessive love for them. I even make my own merch cause shipping to my country would be crazy expensive, but I still have to express this undeniable love somehow.
-This is the longest fandom ive been in, my love for them hasnt lessened even a tiny bit since day 1. im preety sure its because of this amazing and interactive community. Also i dont know how to tumblr so that probably why my other fandoms died a bit in my heart with no place like this to interact in.