Dan & Phil Part 53: another two months

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

jesp wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:08 pm I'm glad that I can finally give you all some good news - we've fully migrated to our new host, and the board has been updated to the newest version of phpBB, which brings some nifty new features like the ability to jump back to the original post when it's quoted in another post, as well as the forum theme being responsive, which means that it will automatically adapt to different devices {so no more squinting at your phone screen when reading IDB}.

You might, however, have also noticed an uptick in the amount of spam posts over the last couple of days. At the moment, we don't have the all of the usual spam prevention measures in place so they're slipping through. We'd really appreciate if you would report any spam posts that you see, and remember not to click on any link that looks even mildly suspicious to you. We hope to have our full spam prevention measures back in place soon.

There are also small issues with links to the forum not working, especially in both the Forum FAQs and Dan & Phil FAQs. I'm working on updating them all, and hope to have them sorted as soon as possible.

Finally, we're working on restoring the previous custom themes, as well as our other custom features. This is a little difficult because of the software upgrade - the previous forum styles that the old custom themes were based on are not compatible with phpBB 3.2, so we're working on workarounds for that.

More updates will follow as soon as we've managed to get things working fully again, and in the meantime if you have any questions or concerns please do let me or another mod know. Thank you once more for your patience.

Everything looks so pretty! I love it! Thanks for all of your work!
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

Phantasy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:20 am *perv alert* Did anyone else notice the um.. thicc situation Phil had going on when he lifted his shorts...?
Well that explains the looking down and giggling that happened before he showed it to everyone. :ugeek: :geek: :shock: I don't want to take out my ruler and make a measurement, but damn!
vincentian
hobbit hair

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:25 pm
flarequake wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm Lol, size 47. I think it's partly the angle of the photo, but isn't he a size 11 maybe? And Phil 12? I don't know really.

Edit - watched an old Phil vyou video and he said he's 11. I think he has longer feet (cos he couldn't wear the light-up soled shoes and Dan can) so Dan might be 10.
I was guessing based on my tall male friends tbh lol but Dan is certainly at least 45 imo (UK 10.5)

You're right it's 10,5 - he says here at 33.58
[YT]https://youtu.be/4kQbts6A_eM/[/YT]
George
sad dimple

This discussion ruins me. So Dan is 10.5 and Phil is 11. And based on that gif, Phil is thicc. All right.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Aww, that liveshow clip is so cute, the bit afterwards about Jenna Marbles anyway, and why he won't say his favourite person he met. Good to have size 10.5 confirmed, I guessed he was a bit smaller than Phil cos of the lightup shoes, seems Phil has long feet (toe shape I think) to end up a larger size despite being shorter, like how he's a bit broader in the shoulder. I totally thought size 47 was a massive exaggeration, I forget things like how European sizes work sometimes. I looked up the lengths of shoe sizes in inches and was surprised there's only a part of an inch between each one, the whole thing still goes from 8-13 inches for sizes 2-15 (35-49), though.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:45 am Aww, that liveshow clip is so cute, the bit afterwards about Jenna Marbles anyway, and why he won't say his favourite person he met. Good to have size 10.5 confirmed, I guessed he was a bit smaller than Phil cos of the lightup shoes, seems Phil has long feet (toe shape I think) to end up a larger size despite being shorter, like how he's a bit broader in the shoulder. I totally thought size 47 was a massive exaggeration, I forget things like how European sizes work sometimes. I looked up the lengths of shoe sizes in inches and was surprised there's only a part of an inch between each one, the whole thing still goes from 8-13 inches for sizes 2-15 (35-49), though.
I was a bit unsure of whether you realised that 47 is an EU size or not, so I just went on to sneakily include the information without pointing out that sentinel probably wasn't joking.

Also, whoever sent this anon ask to dizzy is a legend. I've had laughing fits for hours now. :x
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yeah, I figured you meant something like that.

I saw that ask too, tbh I didn't mention it partly cos I can't see anything, but mainly trying to spare the boy's sensitivities. I remember he was mortified when Jameela made a joke (I do like her, though).
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

10.5 and 11? No wonder they order online, you wouldn't get it anywhere in the usual shoe/retail clothing stores in the U.K.

Also, nothing makes me cringe more than Phil's.... 'thiccness' bare against the fabric of his shorts. Would that really be more comfortable?? Commiserations to Dan for not doing the same if that's the the rule about size :lol:

How often do you think they'll do gaming live streams also? I'd love for it to be a thing they do once a fortnight.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I'm honestly just glad that we have something else to talk about instead of their private parts, but I still appreciated the joke. :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

He might still have had boxers on underneath, he did when he took off the lion onesie that time, they're just baggy. I loved the colour of those, I was surprised by the bright pink ones on his floor in pinof.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Ilovethemohyesido wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:35 am
Phantasy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:20 am *perv alert* Did anyone else notice the um.. thicc situation Phil had going on when he lifted his shorts...?
Well that explains the looking down and giggling that happened before he showed it to everyone. :ugeek: :geek: :shock: I don't want to take out my ruler and make a measurement, but damn!
Phil really likes live streaming, confirmed.

relatablemood

[Offtopic]Forget to mention this, but Dan and Phil sometimes seem just a little behind on things. You know, in the interview with Sue Perkins, with them mentioning Thirteen Reasons Why and Riverdale as good shows to make more of when it's pretty much the consensus among the tumblr crowd etc. that both of those shows - mostly to do with the writing, but also the cast - are actually quite harmful and while addictive/entertaining, many people have given up on them and would only stream the show (so it wouldn't get more views) for the characters they reallylike. And I notice that happens a bit with a range of topics. I'm not faulting them for it but it makes me wonder if Dan really does spend as much time lurking on Tumblr and stuff, or whether that's just exaggerated. I mean, we already know it is, they go out a lot, but UGh yeah. (I kind of just wanted to vent a bit as I rewatched the interview and had a little frowny face at the riverdale/13rw mentions). [/Offtopic]
Vanderlyle
spork

gohomohowell wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:44 am

Also, nothing makes me cringe more than Phil's.... 'thiccness' bare against the fabric of his shorts. Would that really be more comfortable?? Commiserations to Dan for not doing the same if that's the the rule about size :lol:
i hate to be the spoil sport but that is definitely the fabric of his shorts folded over - this makes me feel weird to talk about lol
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I was surprised Dan mentioned 13 Reasons Why after all the backlash, but I'm not aware of what was wrong with Riverdale. He may have just ignored that for the sake of them being relevant shows that a load of young people did like, though.
autumnhearth
senpai

Erm, I'm just going to put these Phil VYous and YouNow clips under the cut...

So I mean he could be wearing boxers... if he considers them lounge pants, though I doubt the rules are that hard and fast. It could have to do with the thickness of the bottoms, the temperature in the apartment and how unrestrained he wants to be. Which I dunno, if I had a big bruise on my thigh I would want as little rubbing against it as possible.

So yeah... big thank you to the folks that made the transfer happen so that we could have these wonderful in depth discussions. No really, thank you! It looks great.

(Mainly sharing the clips because they're funny, not to prove a point.)
relatablemood

flarequake wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:22 pm I'm not aware of what was wrong with Riverdale.
https://twitter.com/lodgeandrews/status ... 3110080518 ;)
citizen_erased
truth bomb

gohomohowell wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:14 pm [Offtopic]Forget to mention this, but Dan and Phil sometimes seem just a little behind on things. You know, in the interview with Sue Perkins, with them mentioning Thirteen Reasons Why and Riverdale as good shows to make more of when it's pretty much the consensus among the tumblr crowd etc. that both of those shows - mostly to do with the writing, but also the cast - are actually quite harmful and while addictive/entertaining, many people have given up on them and would only stream the show (so it wouldn't get more views) for the characters they reallylike. And I notice that happens a bit with a range of topics. I'm not faulting them for it but it makes me wonder if Dan really does spend as much time lurking on Tumblr and stuff, or whether that's just exaggerated. I mean, we already know it is, they go out a lot, but UGh yeah. (I kind of just wanted to vent a bit as I rewatched the interview and had a little frowny face at the riverdale/13rw mentions). [/Offtopic]
While I do get your point, Dan also talked about Skam, which is definitely a Tumblr favourite. And Riverdale & 13 Reasons Why are incredibly popular shows that have drawn in a lot of people, even if they're problematic. I don't think an interview like that is the right place to go into problematic shows, just quickly point out some examples of incredibly popular shows that people are most likely to know and move on with your point.

(Personally, I also think Tumblr standards for what is and isn't problematic are incredibly problematic in itself and I tend to take it all with a grain of salt. Tumblr likes to be angry about absolutely everything, but honestly? There are bigger problems to worry about.)
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Vanderlyle wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:18 pm i hate to be the spoil sport but that is definitely the fabric of his shorts folded over - this makes me feel weird to talk about lol
Yeah, I think it's either that or a light shining on his shorts. It doesn't really look like a, uh, bulge to me at all personally. And thus concludes my very important contribution to the thread lmao. As you were!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

gohomohowell wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:41 pm
flarequake wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:22 pm I'm not aware of what was wrong with Riverdale.
https://twitter.com/lodgeandrews/status ... 3110080518 ;)
Ah, okay, thanks. I'd seen a little of that before and hadn't known what to make of some of it and people get so vitriolic calling others out. I'll take a closer look. I can't stand writing people off for Zionism, though. Like feminism, it isn't meant to be at the expense of anyone else. Anyway, back to Phil's pants :roll:
Last edited by flarequake on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
human
dan hand trash

Damn, I love the new galaxy theme and the font, it's my new favourite! Many thanks to the staff for working so hard to get this place in it's new home and looking so swish!

I'm curious how much they're going to start livestreaming on YouTube and what that means for their partner status on YouNow. Does anyone know if YouTube favour their creators who stream? And I wonder why Pewds does it now because I thought he was all against YouTube? I'm just very curious about the financial and professional benefits behind these sort of things. Maybe I'm just curious and boring though haha.
liola
rankussy

human wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 pm Damn, I love the new galaxy theme and the font, it's my new favourite! Many thanks to the staff for working so hard to get this place in it's new home and looking so swish!

I'm curious how much they're going to start livestreaming on YouTube and what that means for their partner status on YouNow. Does anyone know if YouTube favour their creators who stream? And I wonder why Pewds does it now because I thought he was all against YouTube? I'm just very curious about the financial and professional benefits behind these sort of things. Maybe I'm just curious and boring though haha.
I think financially it would be a bad move to stop livestreaming on YouNow - they get a good chunk of money from that, and by uploading the liveshows on their side channel they can get ads on them and get a double profit. So my guess would be that they will keep their solo liveshows on YouNow ( maybe Phil's next one will be on youtube to test it out and to balance with Dan, or maybe just to try some filters out, but it's a random guess). I think they'll leave the livestreaming on Youtube for a more steady content, like gaming or some sidechannel videos. I could see Dan livestreaming his candle hauls instead of sitting down, filming and then editing it.

I've never been more glad that I stopped lurking and got here, otherwise I would've miss this amazing talk about whether or not that was really Phil's boner. Incredible, 10/10 would do it again. no one will convince me that he was wearing underwear underneath, sorry

Wonder if we'll get an AmazingPhil's video today? We're certainly due one - it's been 2 weeks, and he's been quite constant when uploading..
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
relatablemood

citizen_erased wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 pm
gohomohowell wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:14 pm [Offtopic]Forget to mention this, but Dan and Phil sometimes seem just a little behind on things. You know, in the interview with Sue Perkins, with them mentioning Thirteen Reasons Why and Riverdale as good shows to make more of when it's pretty much the consensus among the tumblr crowd etc. that both of those shows - mostly to do with the writing, but also the cast - are actually quite harmful and while addictive/entertaining, many people have given up on them and would only stream the show (so it wouldn't get more views) for the characters they reallylike. And I notice that happens a bit with a range of topics. I'm not faulting them for it but it makes me wonder if Dan really does spend as much time lurking on Tumblr and stuff, or whether that's just exaggerated. I mean, we already know it is, they go out a lot, but UGh yeah. (I kind of just wanted to vent a bit as I rewatched the interview and had a little frowny face at the riverdale/13rw mentions). [/Offtopic]
While I do get your point, Dan also talked about Skam, which is definitely a Tumblr favourite. And Riverdale & 13 Reasons Why are incredibly popular shows that have drawn in a lot of people, even if they're problematic. I don't think an interview like that is the right place to go into problematic shows, just quickly point out some examples of incredibly popular shows that people are most likely to know and move on with your point.

(Personally, I also think Tumblr standards for what is and isn't problematic are incredibly problematic in itself and I tend to take it all with a grain of salt. Tumblr likes to be angry about absolutely everything, but honestly? There are bigger problems to worry about.)
Oh definitely, and I'm glad he mentioned skam because it really was a good example of what today's teens are into and how content made available internationally can create such large communities. All I was saying is that Dan (or I think Phil made the comment?) might've tried avoiding using any examples such as those if they were well aware of the backlash against them.

And personally, I think Tumblr is full of people horribly misguided about what's problematic and what's one slice of brown bread in the toaster, of course, but that doesn't mean all opinions from people who browse there should be discounted, not when there's substantial proof of the offending material in question. As in, the people behind 13RW were warned not to show graphic scenes of su*cide but did anyway, causing myself, people I know and numerous others to be harmed. (Sure, there were warnings, but that's like setting fire to someone's house and then replacing it immediately, they wouldn't have to put in warnings if that needless, shock value content wasn't in there in the first place). And same thing with Riverdale.
malday
emo goose

captainspacecoat wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:18 pm
Vanderlyle wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:18 pm i hate to be the spoil sport but that is definitely the fabric of his shorts folded over - this makes me feel weird to talk about lol
Yeah, I think it's either that or a light shining on his shorts. It doesn't really look like a, uh, bulge to me at all personally. And thus concludes my very important contribution to the thread lmao. As you were!
I hope this isn't the start of a new #gate.
The thread name suggestions have never been more fitting to the current discussion. :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think I'm more confused about people trying to argue that it wasn't his dick? They're both cis men, they both have dicks, there's nothing controversial about that. I don't think he was hard, I just think: it exists. It was there. He was wearing something comfy and loose. The look-down-and-giggle was trying to determine if he had appropriate clothes on so as not to show too much to the audience since it was a liveshow and they couldn't edit anything out. I don't have a dick myself but I sort of liken it to me trying to gauge whether a really comfy-loose tank top is gonna show the UPS guy too much of my tits before I go check the mail because you know, society deems what's appropriate and what isn't. There's nothing sexual about it, it's just a fact of life.
human wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 pm Damn, I love the new galaxy theme and the font, it's my new favourite! Many thanks to the staff for working so hard to get this place in it's new home and looking so swish!
I'm usually one of those people that clings to the familiar but ngl I really, really love the galaxy theme now!
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:45 pm I think I'm more confused about people trying to argue that it wasn't his dick? They're both cis men, they both have dicks, there's nothing controversial about that. I don't think he was hard, I just think: it exists.
I think we all need to calm down with the conspiracy theories. Phil? Has a dick?
Even for this forum that's a bit much, I mean the man hardly ever swears, you're going to try and make me believe he has a dick? Y'all are too much.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me