The Rest of the Foursome

nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

plath wrote:I love Chris so much and I wish him all the happiness in the world.
I second this
pulvis et umbra sumus
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He's been streaming a lot of gameplay lately, three yesterday swapping between YouTube and Twitch, and a YouNow. He said he'll try to do YouNow on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and limit to an hour, though he might pop on whenever he likes. Interesting he kept it to those days away from the days Deps do (well, he's not daft, some of us will defect when they appear). He's got Patreon now too and his goal rewards are hilarious. He also said he's been unlisting them on his YouTube channel afterwards because he was losing subs when he left them up; of 700,000 subscribers, he's only getting 45 viewers on gaming livestreams (290 on YouNow, though).

Also, I love the galaxy theme font, it's so round.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A month ago I unsubbed from all my patreons except a few $1/mo ones just to get access to things, and then Chris came along and I couldn't resist. My desire to just see him in a place where he feels confident and like his success isn't blacksliding is strong.
fancybum
senpai

flarequake wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:04 pm He's been streaming a lot of gameplay lately, three yesterday swapping between YouTube and Twitch, and a YouNow. He said he'll try to do YouNow on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and limit to an hour, though he might pop on whenever he likes. Interesting he kept it to those days away from the days Deps do (well, he's not daft, some of us will defect when they appear). He's got Patreon now too and his goal rewards are hilarious. He also said he's been unlisting them on his YouTube channel afterwards because he was losing subs when he left them up; of 700,000 subscribers, he's only getting 45 viewers on gaming livestreams (290 on YouNow, though).

Also, I love the galaxy theme font, it's so round.
I pop into his gaming when I can and it's always hilarious, I even kind of prefer it to his younows just because I don't feel like I'm missing anything (because the bants are mainly game-based), fuck if he starts doing younow for 3+hours a week I won't be able to keep up and I'll miss out on the good stuff :(
But I caught the last two and enjoyed them! And I'd just like to properly appreciate this moment from the Aug 24th show and enter his continuing Dan-lust into the record:

1:02:05
People are saying 'Daniel Howell', is he doing a livestream? 'Cause if he's streaming, I'm out of here. Not in a bad way, I mean like there's no point. I think he is Thursdays, isn't he? I kind of like the idea of kind of just piggybacking off Dan. Heh. I like that idea as well. But what I'm trying to say is like, I'll try and be on an hour before him and get all the views, then as soon as he's finished, I go straight back on. That's how you do it. I'm gonna ride him, I'm gonna ride Dan. Yeah. I'm gonna ride him... Smart, yeah, smart. Kinky. Let's move on from that.
So that's funny that he's gone with M/W/F- he did stream at the same time as them a few times last year and did get more viewers from the higher traffic, but maybe the uptick in phan-focused viewers wouldn't be worth it lol.

I wonder if he could grow a new audience just through his gaming? Like the gamers I tend to watch are people I like, whose humour I like, etc (and who probably initially got my attention through a fairly short one-off vid..). Actual gameplay, in terms of skill, isn't necessarily the priority (unless I just want to check out a new game or something, in which case the gamer/humour isn't a factor and they're not getting my sub from it anyway). Like so far (from the admittedly little I've seen) it seems to be mostly his younow crowd in the game streams too. Would random gaming people be interested in watching him constantly die in GTA? Or miss all the crates in Crash Bandicoot? Because he's not going to be catering to the hardcore people who actually want to see a '0 deaths' video, he's just fucking around for lols. I'd like to think there's a bigger audience for that, for him, just because he's so effortlessly funny, but at the same time, watching hours-long streams of gaming for comedy/personality over skill, as a new viewer.. like who's got time for that? If he did some abridged gibberish like videogamedunkey or some kind of character/parody like gamergodd88 (jacksfilms) there could be broader appeal but then.. those things already exist so it's back to square one of the frustrating struggle of coming up with something original and funny/entertaining/whatever ahhhh it truly is a nightmare, might as well just stream for 4 hours. I do hope Patreon can help him find some direction and focus without it just becoming another suffocating cause of stress.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
fondsmiles
phabergé

he is so fucking talented. i am so glad i got so much into dan and phil, because otherwise i'd never have known about PJ, and in my opinion he is the absolute best creator on youtube right now. he is so creative and his videos are such high quality. i just love them.
[x]
[x]
nephilimcat
woodland creature

fondsmiles wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:26 pm
he is so fucking talented. i am so glad i got so much into dan and phil, because otherwise i'd never have known about PJ, and in my opinion he is the absolute best creator on youtube right now. he is so creative and his videos are such high quality. i just love them.
That's true, I think he's the most creative YouTuber I am subscribed to and his videos are incredibly unique, he even makes the standard Q&A format special. I also love his short films, Hair & Brimstone is my absolute favourite (also thanks to Chris as Hades)! I hope he never stops :love1:
pulvis et umbra sumus
DatCog
blobfish

PJ and Chris reunited! Enjoyed this little spooky video :skeleton:
malday
emo goose

DatCog wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:39 pm PJ and Chris reunited! Enjoyed this little spooky video :skeleton:
It looked like a remake of this:
Good to see Chris back in a skit, i haven't kept up with him since he moved to twitch.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

And the time has come for me to admit defeat, own up to the fact that Chris isn't gonna do anything else with his Patreon, and cancel that pledge on Patreon.

I was rooting for you, dude. But I don't have enough money to keep funneling it into a creator who isn't creating when there are other people I'd like to support.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm And the time has come for me to admit defeat, own up to the fact that Chris isn't gonna do anything else with his Patreon, and cancel that pledge on Patreon.

I was rooting for you, dude. But I don't have enough money to keep funneling it into a creator who isn't creating when there are other people I'd like to support.
I’m feeling personally attacked right now. And also missing my old avatar... for totally unrelated reasons...,,

Actually Off Topic: Um just for science: why can’t I upload profile pics off my phone/laptop anymore and if that’s where a pic I want to use currently lives, where do I shove it to get it here. I recall having no luck with imgur and I’m not made of websites, damn. Ahem, for science.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

fancybum wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:05 pm Actually Off Topic: Um just for science: why can’t I upload profile pics off my phone/laptop anymore and if that’s where a pic I want to use currently lives, where do I shove it to get it here. I recall having no luck with imgur and I’m not made of websites, damn. Ahem, for science.
Our hosting doesn’t allow avatars to be hosted to the site so you have to host offsite. I’m more than happy to do it for you if you want to send me the image. PM me and we can sort it :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Is anyone by any chance watching PJ's doodle stream right now? He is at his 3rd doodle I guess. I have never watched one before but the notification came up and I was like eh why not? His voice is so soothing though, and is really relaxing just watching him draw silly things. Really enjoying it.
So far he has mentioned the Star Wars premiere, going to Winter Wonderland in London. Someone asked him "How's Chris?" and he said, "He's great, actually." Just in case someone wants to watch it. He's live right now on KickThePj.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
pearshaped34
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm And the time has come for me to admit defeat, own up to the fact that Chris isn't gonna do anything else with his Patreon, and cancel that pledge on Patreon.

Just checked out his patreon and he only seems to have made one post since starting the thing in August which is just taking the piss out of his paying fans. When people are giving him their hard earned money if he can't manage to create as promised he could at least update their regularly so his fans are getting something for their money.
applegrass
dank meme

Reading this thread developed a huge interest in Chris in me, which is kind of sad, as he obviously doesn't upload anymore. I enjoyed his acting in others' short films before, but his lifeshows discussion made me see him as a really astounding and complex human, and now I feel like listening to said lifeshows in my spare time.
fancybum
senpai

Wow, so here we are again. Yesterday, like a phoenix ris— no, wait. It needs to be something slightly less majestic.. Like a dirty little groundhog poking its head out of the ground—but like way after Groundhog Day so nobody's really as excited as they could be—Chris Has Returned. Again. Some more. He did a one hour twitch stream and played Fortnite and said some things:
12:24 “Remember guys, I will only be doing this for about a week, and then I will disappear for about a year again.”

15:34 “Oh, Yuna’s dead.” :(

17:48 (chat) Do you have a job yet?
“I do have a job, birte. I suppose that’s the biggest change. Which is why I think I’m doing twitch again, because it means I can actually just… I think I’ll be able to just enjoy twitch a bit more without— ‘cause obviously there’s a lot of things you should do on twitch to make it successful, but I never really enjoyed it. I found it quite irritating. Because it’s quite a complicated thing. I’ve actually got a job-job, which means I can just do this for fun.”
19:00 “I wanted to go back to doing YT just as a laugh, which I can now. Because if you have a job, you don’t need to do it. You don’t need to do it. We’ll see how things go.”

20:16 “I’m not sure why people watch twitch. I mean, it’s usually kids, isn’t it? Is it because some people can’t afford video games? I don’t know, I’m sure there’s other reasons.”

47:35 (chat) No one believes you have a job
“Well, I do. Obviously I’m not gonna be saying where, am I? It’s like declaring where you are. What was all that bullshit with that Slo Mo Guy [Gavin Free]? And somebody bursting into his house with a gun. It’s absolutely mental. That’s why I’m never gonna tell you guys where I am at any point. Fucking psychos. I don’t even mind saying that. Some of you are crazy.”

48:40 “But I mean, I can tell you— it’s just a job. Like it’s nothing fancy. Let’s just say I know how to use a till. I know how to use a cash register now, let’s just put it like that. That’s the job. Retail.”

49:44 “But luckily I found a place that isn’t actually that busy”
50:05 “It’s not a shop-shop, if you know what I mean, like one of the popular ones where I’d actually have to work, if you know what I mean, where there’s queues and people”

1:01:57 “Smaller, it’s getting smaller. That’s what she said. Still don’t have a girlfriend. That’s not changed. I feel like I could probably not do YT videos for a few years and that wouldn’t change.”
'Twas nice :lilheart:
nephilimcat
woodland creature

fancybum wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:06 am Wow, so here we are again. Yesterday, like a phoenix ris— no, wait. It needs to be something slightly less majestic.. Like a dirty little groundhog poking its head out of the ground—but like way after Groundhog Day so nobody's really as excited as they could be—Chris Has Returned. Again. Some more. He did a one hour twitch stream and played Fortnite and said some things:
12:24 “Remember guys, I will only be doing this for about a week, and then I will disappear for about a year again.”

15:34 “Oh, Yuna’s dead.” :(

17:48 (chat) Do you have a job yet?
“I do have a job, birte. I suppose that’s the biggest change. Which is why I think I’m doing twitch again, because it means I can actually just… I think I’ll be able to just enjoy twitch a bit more without— ‘cause obviously there’s a lot of things you should do on twitch to make it successful, but I never really enjoyed it. I found it quite irritating. Because it’s quite a complicated thing. I’ve actually got a job-job, which means I can just do this for fun.”
19:00 “I wanted to go back to doing YT just as a laugh, which I can now. Because if you have a job, you don’t need to do it. You don’t need to do it. We’ll see how things go.”

20:16 “I’m not sure why people watch twitch. I mean, it’s usually kids, isn’t it? Is it because some people can’t afford video games? I don’t know, I’m sure there’s other reasons.”

47:35 (chat) No one believes you have a job
“Well, I do. Obviously I’m not gonna be saying where, am I? It’s like declaring where you are. What was all that bullshit with that Slo Mo Guy [Gavin Free]? And somebody bursting into his house with a gun. It’s absolutely mental. That’s why I’m never gonna tell you guys where I am at any point. Fucking psychos. I don’t even mind saying that. Some of you are crazy.”

48:40 “But I mean, I can tell you— it’s just a job. Like it’s nothing fancy. Let’s just say I know how to use a till. I know how to use a cash register now, let’s just put it like that. That’s the job. Retail.”

49:44 “But luckily I found a place that isn’t actually that busy”
50:05 “It’s not a shop-shop, if you know what I mean, like one of the popular ones where I’d actually have to work, if you know what I mean, where there’s queues and people”

1:01:57 “Smaller, it’s getting smaller. That’s what she said. Still don’t have a girlfriend. That’s not changed. I feel like I could probably not do YT videos for a few years and that wouldn’t change.”
'Twas nice :lilheart:
Aw how could I miss this!? I'm glad he seems to be doing okay right now and has a job :love1: I always worry and wonder when we don't hear anything for months.
pulvis et umbra sumus
fancybum
senpai

nephilimcat wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:40 am Aw how could I miss this!? I'm glad he seems to be doing okay right now and has a job :love1: I always worry and wonder when we don't hear anything for months.
Yeah he looked and sounded good, it was nice to see! He said he decided to stream again because twitch emailed him something and he was like ‘oh yeah that exists, why not’ and he’d been watching some of Dean’s streams and thought ‘I could do that’, lol I forget which order these apparently happened in but it’ll be interesting to see if less financial pressure makes any of this more enjoyable for him. I’m really not going to hold my breath for him doing anything on YT, but we’ll see. Maybe his ‘comeback’ this time will end up being just that one stream and we won’t see him again until December :lol:
fancybum
senpai

Ok that was a wild ride:

Yuna's not even dead I can't with him :rofl:
If he actually means what he says near the end about what he wants to do on YT, and actually does it, that could be interesting :thanks:

and if anybody is still a patron (r u ok), he said in his stream yesterday that he thought about making a vid for Patreon but then found out (lol) that it doesn't host videos and said he'd rethink his content for that (or something, I'm paraphrasing the gist)
From this video:
7:20 "Feel free to donate to my Patreon, um but do it at your own risk 'cause I don't know when the next breakdown is a'comin'"

He should probably just add that to the actual description on Patreon tbh, but at least it's on his mind
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I am predictable as fuck so if he really gets into posting content again, no matter how brief, I'll end up resubscribing to his patreon for the duration. Positive reinforcement, and all that.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:46 pm I am predictable as fuck so if he really gets into posting content again, no matter how brief, I'll end up resubscribing to his patreon for the duration. Positive reinforcement, and all that.
Clearly you're not the only one thinking that because he went from around 35 patrons to 50 after posting his vid (unless those 15ish people are brand new and don't know what they're in for haha). I think I'll wait it out to see if he actually uses it first (or is even still around a few weeks from now). Fool me once etc. Maybe the horrible monotony of a 'normal' job made him realize everything sucks and so having this creative outlet (..in theory) online will become a more consistent thing. Or maybe he's weird and actually likes having a generic job, who knows, he hasn't really said what he thinks about it yet..
Or maybe his job is as real as his cat is dead :illuminati:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I was glad to see him back, laughed so hard at the video. I rarely stretched to $5 for anyone on Patreon, but that aside as someone who's been in and out of work and depressed and anxious af about it for months and years, having a job again, especially that you don't feel boxed into, is such a huge relief. He hasn't said how he's finding the job, though. So he might be more creative again as he says. The content and/or frequency might not be the same as before, it's been quite a while now and he's probably changed in a few ways.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:46 pm I am predictable as fuck so if he really gets into posting content again, no matter how brief, I'll end up resubscribing to his patreon for the duration. Positive reinforcement, and all that.
Clearly you're not the only one thinking that because he went from around 35 patrons to 50 after posting his vid (unless those 15ish people are brand new and don't know what they're in for haha). I think I'll wait it out to see if he actually uses it first (or is even still around a few weeks from now). Fool me once etc. Maybe the horrible monotony of a 'normal' job made him realize everything sucks and so having this creative outlet (..in theory) online will become a more consistent thing. Or maybe he's weird and actually likes having a generic job, who knows, he hasn't really said what he thinks about it yet..
He's doing a younow today and talking about his plans of doing streams and taking out good parts to put on youtube, but then admits he doesn't really have a plan. That doesn't really make me feel confident - but yeah if he can manage a couple weeks of somewhat regular activity I'll support him. (But I'll probably also be a lot faster to cancel the patreon when he goes a month without posting, so eh. Some lessons learned.)
fancybum wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 pm Or maybe his job is as real as his cat is dead :illuminati:
Oh god. You're right.
fancybum
senpai

I Want To Believe.
I miss his yammering game streams :(
..again

Project though. I wonder if that means somebody else’s and whose if so. Or maybe to him a “project” is like helping his mom clean out a shed or something and it has nothing to do with the internet :sideeye:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I don't watch PJ anymore, and I actually unsubbed from him awhile back (thanks for hanging out with a racist PJ!! totally ruined your content for me), but this video (under the cut) appeared in my recommended, and I was curious about what he was going to say so I clicked on it and watched it.

I was really shocked to see him address his tweet (also under the cut) from February, which I actually remember seeing and feeling annoyed at his behaviour. Dan also liked it, which I think created a bit of discussion here. Anyway, I think he made some valid points, and I was glad to see him retract the statement he made with his initial tweet because it's just...not true lol. The points he hit were very basic though, and come across like someone who's only really dipped their toe into fandom before, which I kind of expected anyway. He was respectful though, which I appreciated, even if a few of his points were off.

His statement about people attacking him for something someone wrote about him in fic is interesting. Do people actually do that or is he just exaggerating? Because I've never seen anyone act like that in the phandom before (and if they are--what the fuck??)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

*Spoiler Alert* for his big announcement, but holy shit! Chris is gonna be in PJs Tour: