Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fringechecks
banned
Pronouns: xer/xem

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:01 pm Image
hilarious. 10/10. laughed so much fuckkk :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
used to go by the dreaded username 'wolfgutscharlie'
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

fringechecks - there is no official IDB chat. What users decide to create away from here is not related or associated with IDB. If you have an issue with a member of an external group chat then please take this up with them via private message, there is no need to create a full post about an issue that is not related to IDB directly.

Your location and user picture have been removed as they violate our forum rules. You have already received one warning from us, please consider this as your second.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
fringechecks
banned

jaej wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 pm Image
(i'm pretty sure everyone who's made a decent number of posts here has disagreed with people before on at least some level and not been mobbed for it. i've had a couple tantrums and metaphorically stormed off for a few weeks ngl but like... people tend to view your posts as individual opinions and not judge them based on you as a whole person and your posting history, so yeah, i like it here)
They all dislike me for things I've done outside of the forum. I've had my moments on the forum (like now) but it seems every time I do something wrong they have to catalog it and write it down and taunt me for no reason. Lol, I thought my bullies were bad :rofl: They definitely judge me as a whole person, and not give me a chance. So fuck trying to be 'nice' considering everyone just has something to say about me.
fringechecks
banned

missemma wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 pm fringechecks - there is no official IDB chat. What users decide to create away from here is not related or associated with IDB. If you have an issue with a member of an external group chat then please take this up with them on private message, there is no need to create a full post about an issue that is not related to IDB directly.

Your location and user picture have been removed as they violate our forum rules. You have already received one warning from us, please consider this as your second.
shit :((( there goes my location and avatar! wombo combo!

HOW IS IT NOT ASSOCIATED WITH IDB? THERE'S LITERAL MODS IN THERE. And I've tried! They just ignore my messages because they're cowards. It's related to IDB directly cause I GUARANTEE they have to bitch about at least one person from here, they mainly go with me!
archived
drama llama
Pronouns: dying

fringechecks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 pm
missemma wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 pm fringechecks - there is no official IDB chat. What users decide to create away from here is not related or associated with IDB. If you have an issue with a member of an external group chat then please take this up with them on private message, there is no need to create a full post about an issue that is not related to IDB directly.

HOW IS IT NOT ASSOCIATED WITH IDB? THERE'S LITERAL MODS IN THERE. And I've tried! They just ignore my messages because they're cowards. It's related to IDB directly cause I GUARANTEE they have to bitch about at least one person from here, they mainly go with me!
Lmao I wasn't going to comment but I like how you don't say anything like 'we don't condone this behaviour', you just say it isn't your problem which makes me think fringechecks is telling the truth about there being mods in there, cause why would you condone the actions of people who run this site. I don't really know enough to side with anyone but I thought I'd add my two cents.
sorry if I come off a bit wanky

... but I'm probably right you know
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Obv not a mod, but like... Just because it has people who admin here, doesn't mean it's related. People are allowed to have things not interact. It could be a group chat JUST for the mods here to talk about how we all kinda smell like hairspray, and it's just their gc. if it's not on a thread here, it's not related?
fringechecks
banned

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:18 pm Obv not a mod, but like... Just because it has people who admin here, doesn't mean it's related. People are allowed to have things not interact. It could be a group chat JUST for the mods here to talk about how we all kinda smell like hairspray, and it's just their gc. if it's not on a thread here, it's not related?
it's been advertised in multiple threads if you search 'slack' on the forum.

'The MODS are NOT EXEMPT FROM ANY RULES' Where???????? :rofl:
Last edited by fringechecks on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

1. Lots to catch up on after a long day at work. Thanks all for a lot of great posts!

2. I literally am so lost after the last page of posts. I am totally missing something and I'm cool with continuing to miss it.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

lmao i literally haven't been here in months (how yall doing, good?) but i feel like i'm in the fucking twilight zone reading this shit so: are you all aware the mods are human beings? they have opinions? friends? they are allowed to talk about whoever they want outside this forum and it wouldn't be unfair in any way bc they are not acting as mods anywhere else? sweetie if you think you're being treated unfairly is because your reputation proceeds you, not because of anyone's private groupchats with their friends
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

archived wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 pm Lmao I wasn't going to comment but I like how you don't say anything like 'we don't condone this behaviour', you just say it isn't your problem which makes me think fringechecks is telling the truth about there being mods in there, cause why would you condone the actions of people who run this site. I don't really know enough to side with anyone but I thought I'd add my two cents
As I've said; there is no chat endorsed/affiliated/associated with IDB. If there is an issue with what a member of the forum is doing externally from IDB then this should be discussed directly with them via the PM system.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

fringechecks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 pm
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:18 pm Obv not a mod, but like... Just because it has people who admin here, doesn't mean it's related. People are allowed to have things not interact. It could be a group chat JUST for the mods here to talk about how we all kinda smell like hairspray, and it's just their gc. if it's not on a thread here, it's not related?

okay... and?

Your internet fandom experience is so easy to curate to be exactly what you want it to be. It's so easy to block people, to not go on certain websites. The internet is a very large place and easy to escape from people you don't like/don't like you.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

obscureDnPreference wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 pm 1. Lots to catch up on after a long day at work. Thanks all for a lot of great posts!

2. I literally am so lost after the last page of posts. I am totally missing something and I'm cool with continuing to miss it.
It went from 0 to 60 real fast
fringechecks
banned

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 pm
fringechecks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 pm

okay... and?

Your internet fandom experience is so easy to curate to be exactly what you want it to be. It's so easy to block people, to not go on certain websites. The internet is a very large place and easy to escape from people you don't like/don't like you.
yeah, i have these people blocked! seems they still can't stop talking about me though. why should everyone be condoning this behaviour when you could literally stop the behaviour and carry on?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

archived wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 pm

Lmao I wasn't going to comment but I like how you don't say anything like 'we don't condone this behaviour', you just say it isn't your problem which makes me think fringechecks is telling the truth about there being mods in there, cause why would you condone the actions of people who run this site. I don't really know enough to side with anyone but I thought I'd add my two cents.
This might blow your mind a bit, but mods are not like... divine beings. Mods are just as much a human and a Dan and Phil fan as you are and are allowed to join in on discussion in whatever group chat they so choose.

Mods do not condone or support everything that happens with an "IDB" label. It's been said multiple times, but the slack group (and any other relevant chat) is unofficial and unaffiliated to this forum.

And as a comment to fringechecks from me personally and not as a new mod... This behavior is exactly why you're being called "attention seeking." It's not an insult, it's a fact. You came on here with a dissertation on how we're all terrible people and what exactly were you expecting was going to happen?

You're free to have differing opinions. In fact, we love that here. A healthy discussion is awesome. But when you interfere in the personal lives of the people we discuss and make a concerted effort to anger both them and members of the forum, you can't expect to not receive some backlash.

Consider how your actions affect those around you.

Anyway.... Dan and Phil's houseplants - what's your favorite? I quite miss Poe.
fringechecks
banned

trashqueen wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 pm lmao i literally haven't been here in months (how yall doing, good?) but i feel like i'm in the fucking twilight zone reading this shit so: are you all aware the mods are human beings? they have opinions? friends? they are allowed to talk about whoever they want outside this forum and it wouldn't be unfair in any way bc they are not acting as mods anywhere else? sweetie if you think you're being treated unfairly is because your reputation proceeds you, not because of anyone's private groupchats with their friends
does that mean i have the right to say 'wow, i hope alittledizzy fucking kills herself' in a separate chat that i advertised on here?

i'm quite aware that the mods are human beings, i think you're forgetting that i am also a human being. like i said, my REPUTATION IS BAD. I'M AWARE.

that doesn't mean i deserve to get insulted/picked on? do you justify bullying? seriously??? ok yeah i'm going to go and bully anyone that i don't like because their reputation doesn't suit me in my eyes! ok!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:31 pm
obscureDnPreference wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 pm 1. Lots to catch up on after a long day at work. Thanks all for a lot of great posts!

It went from 0 to 60 real fast
You can say that again. I was like "yay answers to fun questions and yay phil live show chatter" then "??"
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
fringechecks
banned

rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm

This might blow your mind a bit, but mods are not like... divine beings. Mods are just as much a human and a Dan and Phil fan as you are and are allowed to join in on discussion in whatever group chat they so choose.

Mods do not condone or support everything that happens with an "IDB" label. It's been said multiple times, but the slack group (and any other relevant chat) is unofficial and unaffiliated to this forum.

And as a comment to fringechecks from me personally and not as a new mod... This behavior is exactly why you're being called "attention seeking." It's not an insult, it's a fact. You came on here with a dissertation on how we're all terrible people and what exactly were you expecting was going to happen?

You're free to have differing opinions. In fact, we love that here. A healthy discussion is awesome. But when you interfere in the personal lives of the people we discuss and make a concerted effort to anger both them and members of the forum, you can't expect to not receive some backlash.

ok ill just be nice to everyone and expect everyone to welcome me with open arms!

this was MEANT to attention seek. because no one replies to their messages. and no one is listening to me now. but i got it! i'm shitty person and i deserve to get treated badly because these people have the right to! okay! go fucking kill yourself then! that's my right!
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm Anyway.... Dan and Phil's houseplants - what's your favorite? I quite miss Poe.
Fake fan, I can't 100% remember if it was called Loki, but the cactus that was maybe called Loki was my fav, followed by the one dan didn't know if it was dead or not (Some sort of air plant? I don't know)
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i mean... if you do creepy things and stan creepy gross people (how are there people in the year of our lord 2017 who still find charlieskies relevant, let alone someone to enjoy) you're gonna be mentioned at some point by other people on the internet lmao. idk about that chat but a few dodgy things from twitter have been discussed here. not really some kind of personal vendetta, just something to expect when you're having an edgy twitter moment
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

fringechecks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 pm
rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm

ok ill just be nice to everyone and expect everyone to welcome me with open arms!

this was MEANT to attention seek. because no one replies to their messages. and no one is listening to me now. but i got it! i'm shitty person and i deserve to get treated badly because these people have the right to! okay! go fucking kill yourself then! that's my right!
There is a HUGE difference between saying someone is attention seeking in a message with friends and telling someone to kill themselves in a public forum.
000dia000
emo goose

fringechecks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 pm it's been advertised in multiple threads if you search 'slack' on the forum.

'The MODS are NOT EXEMPT FROM ANY RULES' Where???????? :rofl:
<3 i'd like to use this opportunity to spon the slack chat <3
:cactus:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

jaej wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 pm Image
(i'm pretty sure everyone who's made a decent number of posts here has disagreed with people before on at least some level and not been mobbed for it. i've had a couple tantrums and metaphorically stormed off for a few weeks ngl but like... people tend to view your posts as individual opinions and not judge them based on you as a whole person and your posting history, so yeah, i like it here)
Quoting this because I am this meme right now :lol:

Great liveshow, Phil is cute, I miss Dan, ok peace out.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
sparkle
blobfish

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 pm
rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm Anyway.... Dan and Phil's houseplants - what's your favorite? I quite miss Poe.
Fake fan, I can't 100% remember if it was called Loki, but the cactus that was maybe called Loki was my fav, followed by the one dan didn't know if it was dead or not (Some sort of air plant? I don't know)
faker fan here - I didnt even know they had names
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 pm
Did he ever conclude on a name for it though? That cactus got a new name every live show and where is it now? I'm inclined to change my vote to the-plant-in-the-old-hallway.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Am I Internet trash if I say I kinda missed emojis? Probs.

My brain is mushy after a long week at work, so it has been a nice surprise to see 1) Phil didn't bail on us for "InTeRnEt PrOblEmS" like his pal did and 2) he offered a nice, relaxed, and not-remarkable-in-a-good-way Liveshow.

This being said, I'm all for a new house on November.