Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:40 pm
jaej wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 pm Image
(i'm pretty sure everyone who's made a decent number of posts here has disagreed with people before on at least some level and not been mobbed for it. i've had a couple tantrums and metaphorically stormed off for a few weeks ngl but like... people tend to view your posts as individual opinions and not judge them based on you as a whole person and your posting history, so yeah, i like it here)
Quoting this because I am this meme right now :lol:

Great liveshow, Phil is cute, I miss Dan, ok peace out.
I'm more of this meme right now:

snokoplasmic
procrastinator

rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm Anyway.... Dan and Phil's houseplants - what's your favorite? I quite miss Poe.
loki was always a favorite of mine! along with the little tree in the white pot, though i can't seem to remember the name of that little guy :(
citizen_erased
truth bomb

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 pm
rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm Anyway.... Dan and Phil's houseplants - what's your favorite? I quite miss Poe.
Fake fan, I can't 100% remember if it was called Loki, but the cactus that was maybe called Loki was my fav, followed by the one dan didn't know if it was dead or not (Some sort of air plant? I don't know)
the plants have names??

man I'm so lost in every single conversation here rn. also dammit guys, everytime I press 'submit' this place just goes 'At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this.' like yes I know please just let me post :lol:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Uh, anyways... back to important matters.

I'm the cactus that Phil left in a drawer.

Edit: Also! Can anyone help me figure out the slack chat? :love2: I'd love to join.
Last edited by Ewok on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
willowgarden
squish

snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:42 pm
loki was always a favorite of mine! along with the little tree in the white pot, though i can't seem to remember the name of that little guy :(
I wonder if the succulents have names!?
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
Amiaw
interactive introvert

When my 5 year old nephew gets upset he takes a time out. If he can learn lessons from stepping away from a situation, then that means that all of us can, whatever our age. If someone finds themself emotionally compromised by what "might be getting said about them" either address it privately or stand behind your word and be done with this forum.

I'm here for dan and Phil. More often than not I get a good laugh or read a thoughtful post.

To reply to riz- I don't miss any plants or cacti but I do miss that weird shrimp thing that phil had
blackdenim
procrastinator

Erm... I just wanted to say thanks everyone for answering my questions I found all your answers very thoughtful and interesting, I have loads, so will definitely post some more next time there's a lull in conversation!

And... I'm going to slowly back away from the forum for a while now.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:40 pm
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 pm
Fake fan, I can't 100% remember if it was called Loki, but the cactus that was maybe called Loki was my fav, followed by the one dan didn't know if it was dead or not (Some sort of air plant? I don't know)
Did he ever conclude on a name for it though? That cactus got a new name every live show and where is it now? I'm inclined to change my vote to the-plant-in-the-old-hallway.
Phil himself forgets about the name of his own plants. Now they're named "Dryplant", "Deadplant" and "Blackplant" #FakeEnvironmentFriend.
sparkle
blobfish

Amiaw wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:45 pm When my 5 year old nephew gets upset he takes a time out. If he can learn lessons from stepping away from a situation, then that means that all of us can, whatever our age. If someone finds themself emotionally compromised by what "might be getting said about them" either address it privately or stand behind your word and be done with this forum.

I'm here for dan and Phil. More often than not I get a good laugh or read a thoughtful post.

To reply to riz- I don't miss any plants or cacti but I do miss that weird shrimp thing that phil had
RIP Simon <3
citizen_erased wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 pm man I'm so lost in every single conversation here rn. also dammit guys, everytime I press 'submit' this place just goes 'At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this.' like yes I know please just let me post :lol:
ngl every time that happens I feel like idb is just stood there like this

:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:41 pm
yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:40 pm
jaej wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 pm Image
(i'm pretty sure everyone who's made a decent number of posts here has disagreed with people before on at least some level and not been mobbed for it. i've had a couple tantrums and metaphorically stormed off for a few weeks ngl but like... people tend to view your posts as individual opinions and not judge them based on you as a whole person and your posting history, so yeah, i like it here)
Quoting this because I am this meme right now :lol:

Great liveshow, Phil is cute, I miss Dan, ok peace out.
I'm more of this meme right now:

:lol: yeah that works too!

The succulents!! I wonder how they are. They must be getting atomised quite well

(Um this sounded better in my head)
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
annabanana
sofa crease

xxx wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:54 pm Phil was saying how it's funny to go up to someones face and stare at their eyes upside down and recommended doing it to your own friend.
Now I'm imagining Dan just sitting on the couch with his laptop and out of nowhere Phil's face appears in front of him upside down (Phil is standing behind behind the couch) just looking into Dan's eyes and Dan's like wtf are you doing with a endearing smile on his face and Phil just laughing :garbage: :garbage:

( I've read this over again and it kind of makes no sense :? idk i suck at explaining)
This makes complete sense to me and it was definitely my favorite story from the ls!!! I felt like I could see the gears turning in his head while he was trying to find a way to explain it without basically saying 'and i know this b/c i do it with dan'

Also glad someone in the chat mentioned board games again. Yes Phil, just have a second camera for the board and treat it just as you would the screen capture for a regular video game.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
clippedteapot
tol bean
Pronouns: they/them

[Offtopic]Er...I see there's been some issues. I have no idea what's going on and I don't want to know, so![/Offtopic]

Anyways, the liveshow was pretty chill. I kept missing bits of it because my university's internet is shoddy in some places and I was walking around, but I caught most of it. The story with Dan scaring him cracked me up, it's painfully easy to imagine. Also, every time Phil or Dan starts talking about escape rooms, I feel a greater interest in escape rooms...Even though I'm also pretty sure my anxiety would hike the minute my friends and I got there. New D&P book idea: D&P lookbook, lol. Parachute jumpers and graphic tees galore. Though every now and again Dan dresses like a model, so maybe this would work, actually.

Slime vid is coming, which seems like it's going to be Chemistry with Phil, sort of. Kind of. And a Sims vid! I like that entire series, somehow it doesn't get stale for me despite being so long. I've never really been able to play the sims for longer than about a week, so I have no idea what you can do besides the basics.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm sorry but i can't pay attention to the LS because the new YouTube format is distracting me. :|
I mean, that 'red' shade is awful. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING YOUTUBE?!

*whispers* i don't understand what's going on...
Last edited by kindofatrashcan on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archived
drama llama
Pronouns: dying

kindofatrashcan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 pm I'm sorry but i can't pay attention to the LS because the new YouTube format is distracting me. :|

I've heard a few people mention a new youtube format but mine is the same, except on weird occasion where it looks different when I open a new tab. Has it been 'updated'?
sorry if I come off a bit wanky

... but I'm probably right you know
kindofatrashcan

archived wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:59 pm
kindofatrashcan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 pm I'm sorry but i can't pay attention to the LS because the new YouTube format is distracting me. :|

I've heard a few people mention a new youtube format but mine is the same, except on weird occasion where it looks different when I open a new tab. Has it been 'updated'?
I wish i knew how to post photos in here. because it´s freaking weird.
sparkle
blobfish

this is what mine looks like - they've added loads of empty space for some reason - but it has a dark mode now, which I like because I'm a sucker for dark modes (which is why i'm still so happy to have the Dan theme back, slight complaint though, the 'off topic' things are hard to read using it)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Fringechecks, you have not directly attempted to contact me save tweeting a screencap at me with no other purpose than what I deemed as to antagonize so I did not respond.

Anyone that knows me on any social media platform knows that I don't refrain from sharing opinions because I'm a moderator on IDB. I've never personally attacked you or anyone on here. The screencap you shared is months old, and since you've omitted context I'll supply it: you posted somewhere that the "uma Thurman watched me have sex" tweet was in relation to a blogtv Dan and Phil did. The screencap you showed was me saying I didn't believe it because it was coming from someone with a history of inaccurate or melodramatic statements based on misinformation, and your age was relevant because that means you aren't a firsthand source. If you feel personally attacked by someone disagreeing with a claim you make online then I'm not sure what advice to give you.

It is not the responsibility of other moderators or admins to condone or not condone comments I make off of the forum and certainly not ones like what you posted the screencap of.
liola
rankussy

This Slack chat sounds lit notgonnalie

There's a lot of discussion on tumblr about whether Deppy should play board games on DAPG, but I'm concerned how many people REALLY want Monopoly. Like. That would be the longest and less interesting video. Monopoly, Risiko, Uno are all games where you need more than 2 people to make it really good. By good I mean destroyed friendships, threats,blood, fire, tears - ehm I've had interesting game nights lmao

Would you like them to play a board game? If so, which one? I can't think of many that would go well with only 2 players tbh

edit: IVE BEEN TRYING TO POST THIS FOUR TIMES
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

You can change the YouTube format back to the old one by clicking on your YouTube icon in the top right! There's should be an option at the bottom of a drop down screen that should say something along the lines of "revert back to old YouTube" click that and then click on whatever reason why you don't like the new layout and press ok/submit. I had to do this today because my YouTube video downloader extensions wouldn't work!
They said the new format is just in the beta stages right now so who knows how long it'll be till this is the new format.
Also sparkle, I agree with not being able to read the off topic font color on the dan theme. It needs to be a lighter gray or something but other than that, I like the theme!
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
kindofatrashcan

sparkle wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:05 am

this is what mine looks like - they've added loads of empty space for some reason - but it has a dark mode now, which I like because I'm a sucker for dark modes (which is why i'm still so happy to have the Dan theme back, slight complaint though, the 'off topic' things are hard to read using it)
Ooooh! in dark mode that awful, awful, red isn't burning my eyes. That empty space is bothering me, though.
Wow, i'm super intense about this.
Don't mind me... I'll go.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

liola wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am This Slack chat sounds lit notgonnalie

There's a lot of discussion on tumblr about whether Deppy should play board games on DAPG, but I'm concerned how many people REALLY want Monopoly. Like. That would be the longest and less interesting video. Monopoly, Risiko, Uno are all games where you need more than 2 people to make it really good. By good I mean destroyed friendships, threats,blood, fire, tears - ehm I've had interesting game nights lmao

Would you like them to play a board game? If so, which one? I can't think of many that would go well with only 2 players tbh

BLOCKUS
JENGA (i love love jenga)
CATAN with a third person guest
MAGIC THE GATHERING (not a board game but shhh)
kindofatrashcan

confusedpanda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am

You can change the YouTube format back to the old one by clicking on your YouTube icon in the top right! There's should be an option at the bottom of a drop down screen that should say something along the lines of "revert back to old YouTube" click that and then click on whatever reason why you don't like the new layout and press ok/submit. I had to do this today because my YouTube video downloader extensions wouldn't work!
They said the new format is just in the beta stages right now so who knows how long it'll be till this is the new format.
Also sparkle, I agree with not being able to read the off topic font color on the dan theme. It needs to be a lighter gray or something but other than that, I like the theme!
We need a 'Thanks' button here! :love2: :stan:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 am
liola wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am This Slack chat sounds lit notgonnalie

BLOCKUS
JENGA (i love love jenga)
CATAN with a third person guest
MAGIC THE GATHERING (not a board game but shhh)
Monopoly livestreaming for 4 hours. If we can eat it up, then they truly have the most engaged audience in Youtube.
annabanana
sofa crease

kindofatrashcan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 am
confusedpanda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 am

We need a 'Thanks' button here! :love2: :stan:
yes a million thanks!!! :love1: :love1: :love1: I usually can roll with social media changes, but for some reason I can't deal with all the blank space in this update.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

missemma wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 pm fringechecks
Your location and user picture have been removed as they violate our forum rules. You have already received one warning from us, please consider this as your second.
I have since had to remove the same location and user picture again following the above warning. As you have decided to continue breaking the rules after being issued a warning today, there is no other option then to ban your account. The rule you have violated on more than one occasion today is;
Rule #2: Posting of private personal information of the individuals we discuss is strictly prohibited. This includes addresses, contact details (off or online), or those of the individuals associated with them (friends and family; past present or future).

if you feel you have been unfairly banned, then please read this thread and contact a moderator who can discuss this with you.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: