Louise Pentland

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

How tragic, all those hair appointments yet her hair still looks like an ugly fried mess from all that bleach.

I can't help but laugh at how according to her, stalking her 'insta enemies' is telling the world to go fuck itself and re-centre. That's definitely not the way. She could spend her hour at the salon relaxing properly but hey what do I know. I'm only a person who can't shell out money for a salon trip every week.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

Ablissa wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:04 pm
Here is a post that pissed me off today:

Seriously, a trip to the hair dresser ONCE A WEEK??? I can hardly justify once every 6 months...
It's nice for her that she can do that and I don't think because other people can't afford it, she shouldn't be able to do all this stuff or shut up about it. But the way she worded it, making it mandatory if she could, is what annoys me. She really doesn't seem to realise or care that it's literally impossible for some people. Be it because of money, (mental) health issues, or a very demanding job. Just thinking about going to the hairdresser gives me anxiety and I started to cut my own hair last year. Saves me a lot of money and stress.
pulvis et umbra sumus
Ablissa
pastel persona

000dia000 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:29 pm Yeah, I didn't really follow her a lot and just happened to watch one video on a whim...and I learned that the woman goes to a hairdressers once a week. She hasn't washed her own hair in years. Let that sink in when you're scraping the bottom of a small travel shampoo you find at the bottom of your bedside drawer.

I don't hate her, and I didn't even realize she was like this up until this point. She just reminds me of the kind of people you're mutually friends with who constantly goes on holidays and parents pay for everything. She's so out of touch it hurts to watch and I don't think I could ever view her the same way again.
That's a very good way to put it (the bolded bit especially). As I said, I think it's ignorance, but a woman of her age (and with her job as a relatable entertainer, I guess you can call it) should really know better, it annoys me. I don't envy her. She can afford it, let her go. But posting stuff like that is not going to make anyone like her more.
Catallena wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:02 pm How tragic, all those hair appointments yet her hair still looks like an ugly fried mess from all that bleach.

I can't help but laugh at how according to her, stalking her 'insta enemies' is telling the world to go fuck itself and re-centre. That's definitely not the way. She could spend her hour at the salon relaxing properly but hey what do I know. I'm only a person who can't shell out money for a salon trip every week.
:lol: the bit about her hair made me laugh. She'd do better to stop bleaching it. I wonder how she'd look with dark hair?

I agree on the bolded part. It just sounds petty and combined with the 'mandatory weekly salon trips' thing she reminds me of Regina George from Mean Girls... :lol:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Her most recent tweets quite annoyed me as well, especially this one she sounds so preachy :roll: . And I'm sorry but recently Louise hasn't been the greatest when it comes to "creativity and ideas" so I don't know what she's talking about. And her passive aggressive "<3" are starting to get on my nerves too.

Isn't washing your hair and getting it styled at the hairdresser expensive ? I mean she probably has the money but I know how expensive getting a haircut can get. I can't imagine throwing out my money like that every week to get my hair washed even though I'd love to get a scalp massage as often as she does.
:biheart:
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i haven't watched louise's own videos much (i have mad tokophobia i dont even have a womb and dont really care about the kind of family vlogger type thing and thats at least 70% of her content) but she really just makes me think of the weird minions memes that mums post on facebook

the hairdresser thing is so crazy to me. i'd love to have things like that if i could (my hair is currently a horrible greenish patchy mess after trying to dye it dark from bleached blond but sometimes i really do just want to mail louise a toner and a conditioning mask) but acting like it's a great idea everyone else just hasn't realised makes her seem so detached? she definitely does seem to live in her own little bubble. also i'm not saying she doesn't do any work but she certainly has enough free time to angrily look at peoples instagrams
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
saffarinda
truth bomb

I'm so surprised because I always used to find Louise so sweet but these comments man. That twitter response irritated me because not only did it seem pretty passive aggressive, but tbh at this point anybody can be a Youtuber. I mentioned before - saturated market - so she truly shouldn't take it for granted, because when another mother vlogger with a cute baby comes along if she hasn't prepared properly for that competition in her niche her views will start dropping like flies.

Also, creativity and ideas? Such as...?

That hairdresser thing oh my god - once a week? How do you find the time for that, let alone the money?!

It reminds me of this friend I have who's parents spoil him, and he's nice enough but god he can be so ignorant about so many things. His parents will get him anything he wants or needs, will accept any grades from school, spoil him incredibly whilst another friend of ours is living with her grandma due to her schizophrenic mum (who used to tell her that there were cameras in the house and force her to go to church twice a day with her)but her grandma's threatening to kick her out - but he just doesn't understand. He doesn't comprehend the fact that she can't just go to a parent/guardian for help.

That's not to say Louise is completely ignorant. I remember her mentioning her experiences in her draw my life video. She's gone through some horrible things. But my spoilt friend is gay and his parents are homophobic and like to deny the fact that he's gay; he's experienced difficulties in this aspect of his life, but that isn't transferring into other aspects. I think Louise is somewhat similar in that way.

Poor at empathising, perhaps?

as always I've gone off on a massive tangent ah well
25/04/2017 - #blessed
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

NarrysCanary wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:36 pm Her most recent tweets quite annoyed me as well, especially this one she sounds so preachy :roll: . And I'm sorry but recently Louise hasn't been the greatest when it comes to "creativity and ideas" so I don't know what she's talking about. And her passive aggressive "<3" are starting to get on my nerves too.
What the actual fuck!!!!!! That is honestly such a ridiculous argument, I can't believe she tweeted that and thought she was genuinely onto something sdjfksdhf. She provides us with mildly entertaining 10-20 minute youtube videos, which are enjoyable to many but in no way uniquely special or life changing, while by watching those videos/buying her other products we are literally providing her with an income. The two just do not compare. The person tweeting her was simply asking her not to take her wealth for granted, all she had to do was say something like "Yes, I am very fortunate that the videos I create on youtube have resonated with an audience who has helped to make my current lifestyle possible, and I am very grateful for that."

I do genuinely really like Louise for the most part, but my god she is ignorant when it comes to issues of money. I feel like much of her attitude comes from thinking that because she has worked hard for her success (debatable, but sure) she is exempt from criticism, and also that this formula of 'hard work = monetary success' is applicable to everyone. It simply isn't, there are many people who work incredibly hard and never become financially successful. She would do well to sit back and remember that most of her viewers do not have the luxury of weekly hair appointments and giant walk-in-wardrobes and spontaneous shopping sprees. Anyway, I love neoliberalism :roll:
mintsans
sofa crease

At this point we've completely lost her, she's completely out of touch, in another dimension entirely.

But don't worry she'll come back humbled and grateful when the views start to drop dignificantly post-partum, as I don't think her younger viewers, the bulk that gives her the views, are into mummy vlogger content (oh and believe me she's counting on all the typical mummyvlogger thing as her Hard Work And Creativity).

Her latest thing is replacing the cat she lost a couple of weeks ago with a "boxfull of kittens". Ok. Wow.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I very much want to like Louise, but her general attitude and inability to admit being wrong recently are really working against that. She's one of the first YouTubers I ever watched, so it makes me sad that this is what she's become.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I used to like her so so much but lately the fame seems to have gone to her head quite a bit. She comes off haughty and mean a lot in tweets lately and that’s such a shame, she used to be so lovely. It’s just so weird to me because I think she used to work a normal office job, right? So she must remember what it was like not being rich and famous? But still here she is showing off her money and telling people to just go live like her (“You deserve lavish hair appointments every week!”, “You don’t need a proper education, just work hard!” etc.) as though she’s completely oblivious that most people just can’t do that and it pisses me off.

Wasn’t that peoples’ number one concern with her novel too? That she made it seem like her main character was a totally normal single mum when she was wealthy and got loads of help raising her child? So yeah, I think Louise lost touch with reality quite a bit. Like nephilimcat said: It’s good for her she can afford to live like this but the way she acts like everyone could if they really wanted to is so annoying. Her go to argument in “fights” on Twitter is literally to tell people they can only criticise her once they’re as successful as her and that’s so ignorant and mean.

Seriously? We could all just stop watching her content and we’d be fine. We could watch other creators or move on to other fandoms entirely. But she wouldn’t be fine if people turned their backs on her. Her career literally depends on her fans supporting her (like most creative careers do). If the fans go, the fans will be alright – but she won’t. So maybe she should start considering that instead of pretending she’s giving us all the great gift of her videos we could never live without, lol. Creative people who aren’t grateful for the fans that made them famous in the first place are the worst and I can’t with that kind of attitude.

Ablissa: She used to have dark hair a few years ago, there are some pictures on her blog.
fondsmiles
phabergé

I think many people criticise youtubers for not working hard enough, or shame them for having money when they "only sit in front of a camera and talk". I've seen this especially in British YouTube. So, playing devil's advocate here, I think this might be where she's coming from.

And she's right! YouTubers do work hard. It's a lot more than sit and talk, they have a creative job which is often stressful, they have to think of video ideas, carry them out (which can be difficult too) and edit them, they are under scrutiny of the public eye. YouTubers do work hard and they deserve to get credit for it. I think that's what she's trying to say, and if I am right, then I agree with her on that part.

The problem is though, like captainspaceboat worded quite well, she has some faults in her reasoning or at least how she gets it across. The way she talks about this topic makes it seem like she has a hard time seeing out of her own little world right now. That not everyone who works hard has success. That yes, she does deserve credit for her work, but that she also was privileged in how things played out for her and that luck has played a part in her story. It's about being humble to me, and by that I mean being aware of other people's realities.

If she said "hey, don't take my work for granted, I work hard and I don't want to be ridiculed for what I do" we'd all agree with her, especially with an added "but I do recognize that I rely on your support for my income and that I am privileged in what I have".

I still like many things about her, but I hope she'll humble a bit in this regard and rethink how she communicates things.
[x]
[x]
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Adult woman acts like spoiled brat.. Seriously is it the hormones or has she just become insufferable in general?
NarrysCanary wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:36 pm Her most recent tweets quite annoyed me as well, especially this one
Yikes @ 'serving' :| How is she serving us exactly? She uploads videos that are like all the other mommy vloggers out there, it's not that deep. If she stopped making videos tomorrow, the internet would still exist and her viewers would be alright in the end. But she'd have no income.

I'm starting to dislike her. She could really do with being a little more humble and thankful.. I at least hope she teaches her kids those values but.. :?
mintsans wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:51 am Her latest thing is replacing the cat she lost a couple of weeks ago with a "boxfull of kittens". Ok. Wow.
As an animal shelter volunteer I'm always a bit wary of people who always insist on getting new kittens when there are so many sweet (young) adult cats waiting for adoption. They always tend to be more into the kitten phase than the rest of the cat's life.. I get it, kittens are cute and I adore the little things climbing all over me but I'm not fond of 'kitten people'. Especially considering she has a human baby on the way.. why was Rocket not enough for the time being?
fondsmiles wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:55 am I think many people criticise youtubers for not working hard enough, or shame them for having money when they "only sit in front of a camera and talk". I've seen this especially in British YouTube. So, playing devil's advocate here, I think this might be where she's coming from.

And she's right! YouTubers do work hard. It's a lot more than sit and talk, they have a creative job which is often stressful, they have to think of video ideas, carry them out (which can be difficult too) and edit them, they are under scrutiny of the public eye. YouTubers do work hard and they deserve to get credit for it. I think that's what she's trying to say, and if I am right, then I agree with her on that part.
The 'do YouTubers work hard' wank tends to be to generalizing on both sides. Many YouTubers work hard. They put hours of effort into writing, filming and editing. Week after week. It's unfair that they get criticized. But many don't.. not really. They're busier with living a certain lifestyle than with work and that includes Louise. Let's first get out of the way that a large part of her popularity is due to her being friends with Zoella. Success by association ain't hard work. As far as videos go, although there have been videos of hers that I have genuinely enjoyed and in the past I've watched her vlogs when bored, she's hardly creative. She films things that she buys, that she wears and stuff like her laundry routine while putting together a weekly vlog of her life which rarely seems particularly busy. She's a lifestyle vlogger, not a filmmaker (tho we all know the filmmaker crew can do with some humbleness as well). Now I'll fully admit that lifestyle or daily vlogging can be very draining because your life is literally your work and it's hard to draw lines because you can't exactly stop living your life the way you can take a break from filming a skit. It can be draining on your mental health and your IRL relationships (I've seen the CTFxC divorce happen for example but considering he still refuses to stop that's where my sympathy ends). But I can't call it 'hard work' especially when said person seems to have enough time to constantly bitch about how busy they are on social media. I'd rather defend people who put in all the work and effort into their creative content.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
pearshaped34
morning quiff

On the one hand I really don't agree with the tweet she is responding too because I loathe self entitled fans who believe because they buy/support a famous person and their product(s) (and therefore contribute to their income) then that person then owes them something.
Can anyone out there say they regularly watch youtubers they don't get any enjoyment from because they know the rent on that youtubers big luxury house is high and they don't want them to fall short that month? .No we watch who we watch because they entertain us. (Okay well sometimes *entertain* might be too strong of a word maybe it's just because we can tolerate them and need something to elevate boredom but still my point still stands we are doing it for ourselves and not as a favour to them.)
I really don't agree with anyone tweeting any famous person in any line of work that they owe them for their houses and lifestyle etc.

That being said it's also not nice to see someone who gets to live a privileged life because of their fans be anything less than humble about their privilege. And Louise's reply did not reflect well on her at all. Serving was a terrible terrible choice of word.
And to be real talking about creativity and ideas when she's talking about her and Alfie's content was probably not the strongest argument one could make and was definitely worthy of a few side-eyes.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Evan Edinger just posted a video on the topic :

I 100% agree with you pearshaped34. No one should feel entitled to a person's life just because they're a fan or support them financially but on the other hand, successful people thinking their success is only/mostly due to their hardwork makes me so angry. Sure, most of them probably did work a lot/were creative/talented etc to begin with but in the end the main reason they are where they are is luck and I find it so harmful to perpetuate the idea that working work can get you anywhere.
I'm really disappointed to see that Louise has that mindset; rich people bragging about being rich or not realising their privilege and basically thinking they're more deserving of it than others is so gross.

edit : I'm so sorry, I never seem to be able to correctly link youtube videos
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Has anybody seen the little tantrum she threw on twitter because of a guy who didn't help her carry her bags in the train ? She tried to take a picture of him and expose him on twitter and then asked her followers what she should do to make his journey terrible. Am I the only one who think she's overreacting way too much and being too entitled ?

edit : I guess I should put the tweets under spoiler
DryCereal
koi pond

1, Act your age
2, don't (over)pack a bag you can't lift yourself.

Not rocket science, is it?
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Wow, I hadn't caught any of that.

Basically what Ickle said, though. If you can't lift your bag, pack less. Or have someone come along with you, why expect complete strangers to stop their meal and help you? Of course it's polite if they do, but it shouldn't be an absolute expectation.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

How entitled does she think she is?
IDK about customs in the UK, but don't you just politely ask someone for help if you don't manage to lift the bag yourself? I've had to travel with heavier luggage than I could lift and I simply asked the nearest friendly looking guy. ??? How is that so hard. I don't watch her videos anyways cause I'm not all about that cheerful mom talk, but I am even less interested when I read all the things you guys post in here.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ugh... I was always fond of Louise, even though I'm not her target demographic at all, as I have very little interest in children, shopping, and beauty products that are out of my price range. But honestly, that fondness is almost gone by now. She's been acting like a spoiled brat.

What kind of a world does she live in? If she can afford hair appointments once per week, maybe she should put that money towards hiring someone to follow her and carry her bags for her. Everyone's got their own life. The guy could've had a bad back or any type of disability, or maybe he just doesn't spend his life looking at other people, not to mention that Louise's pregnancy isn't THAT visible yet on her body type. Basically, if you need help - ask.

I just unsubscribed, can't be bothered with her anymore.
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

She has decided to bother that guy by calling her friend telling her how "unhelpful people had been" and by "bobbing her knee" how much more obnoxious can you get ? I would've side-eyed her if I had been that guy.
And sure it would've been nice if someone helped her but to me she doesn't look that much pregnant yet so maybe the guy didn't feel the need to help because he didn't notice she was pregnant I don't know :shrug: .
DryCereal
koi pond

I feel like quoting my earlier post would be obnoxious (though nowhere near as much as she is atm...!) So I won't, even if I am sorely tempted. ;)
DryCereal
koi pond

...but YAY! Baby-themed collab with Phil. Ugh.
000dia000
emo goose

Is she referring to the guy behind her? the guy with earbuds in? tuning the world out from around him? wtf?
I hope he isn't going to get publicly shamed online because some entitled, rich lady didn't get what she wanted. Maybe he is a dick, who even knows. The way she phrased it makes it sound like he ignored her or refused to help when she asked. She didn't even ask! She expected him to wait on her hand and foot! Is she just one of those women who expect men to come to the rescue? Has she no self-reliance or dependence? Jesus Christ, if people start disliking her for her behavior, I hope she doesn't pull a Hazel Hayes and think it's because we're attacking her because she's a woman.
:cactus:
DryCereal
koi pond

000dia000 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 pm Is she referring to the guy behind her? the guy with earbuds in? tuning the world out from around him? wtf?
I hope he isn't going to get publicly shamed online because some entitled, rich lady didn't get what she wanted. Maybe he is a dick, who even knows. The way she phrased it makes it sound like he ignored her or refused to help when she asked. She didn't even ask! She expected him to wait on her hand and foot! Is she just one of those women who expect men to come to the rescue? Has she no self-reliance or dependence? Jesus Christ, if people start disliking her for her behavior, I hope she doesn't pull a Hazel Hayes and think it's because we're attacking her because she's a woman.
Dunno, but i think it's the unfortunate guy she's sat next to...? :shrug: As for the rest:
Yes, No, and she probably would, but luckily(?) she has an impressionable young fanbase who think the sun shines out of her arse and everything she does is amazing sweetie/OMG queen/SLAY... :rofl:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

NarrysCanary wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:11 pm Has anybody seen the little tantrum she threw on twitter because of a guy who didn't help her carry her bags in the train ? She tried to take a picture of him and expose him on twitter and then asked her followers what she should do to make his journey terrible. Am I the only one who think she's overreacting way too much and being too entitled ?

edit : I guess I should put the tweets under spoiler
bih why is it someone else's responsibility to help you with your shit? If you need help put your mouth to good use for once and ASK. Politely. And you don't know someone's life, maybe this guy wouldn't have been able to lift the bag either. Ugh she's such a spoiler brat. I genuinely don't know whether it's hormones or just her true colors showing.
000dia000 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 pm She expected him to wait on her hand and foot! Is she just one of those women who expect men to come to the rescue? Has she no self-reliance or dependence?
She literally doesn't. When I still watched her vlogs sometimes it really bothered me how she would always call herself a strong and independent 'boss lady' or whatever when she can barely do anything without the help of a man and always whines for her boyfriend to do stuff around the house instead. Even career wise she gets hard carried by her agency, assistants, editor and publisher...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr