Emma Blackery

mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

For those who don't know exactly what was said, here are some screenshots (from a user on the other site):
Imo Emma started it by being spiteful, but Jack and Hazel's overblown responses weren't any better. I definitely think they shouldn't have responded to her childishness at all (at least publicly).
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I agree, Susannah. To be honest, Hazel's response especially sounds so angry I got the feeling that maybe something happened between her and Emma behind the scenes that we might not know about. Maybe Hazel is just a grade A bitch but her shading Emma when her hamster died (not okay, whatever might have happened) and now this... she sounds so angry? I don't know her well enough so maybe she's just that spiteful but I'm getting the feeling there's a lot more to this feud than we know. And yeah, I agree, Emma's tweet was very spiteful. Complimenting only Dean and Carrie and leaving out Jack when he was also nominated was super childish, no matter how much she might dislike him.

The way I see it Louise's "shade" was okay because she's friends with Hazel and Jack so they probably knew she didn't mean it but Emma isn't as close to them/seems to really dislike them so her shade feels a lot more aggressive. But I agee, Hazel and Jack should've ignored her. That whole crowd needs to learn not to take a bait (as Emma put it) and resolve stuff like this in private if needed.
fancybum
senpai

Susannah wrote:For those who don't know exactly what was said, here are some screenshots (from a user on the other site):
Imo Emma started it by being spiteful, but Jack and Hazel's overblown responses weren't any better. I definitely think they shouldn't have responded to her childishness at all (at least publicly).
Um they left out the best part though:
And Hazel defending her response:
They're all annoying hypocrites, but hey that's what the internet's for.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
thephandommenace
procrastinator

Emma's first response about choosing between Carrie and Dean actually made me laugh but then it went too far. Kind of want to dig myself a hole in the ground looking at Emma's continuation and Hazel's angry responses. Thanks everyone for the screenshots!
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

lmao dont particually like emma but hazel gets waaaaaaaaay too irked by her. its not the first time hazel has tweeted passive aggressively at emma. hazel should rly just grow up and realise nobody cares about her and jack's boring af relationship.

i dont even like hazel either, the way she reacted to people joking around about the whole phil "bae" thing, that annoyed me SO much. she took it srs that girls were bothered about her calling phil "bae" lmao

i honestly prefer emma over hazel these days lol. hazel is so up herself so go emma!!!

(never thought id say that lmao)
saffarinda
truth bomb

Never thought I'd like Emma more than Hazel. I do agree that Emma was clearly shading Jack, but fgs just pull a Dan and Phil and ignore any shade thrown towards you by the Youtube community. Fandoms and viewers can freak out all they want, but it's easy to just ignore it and know no ones gonna confront you on it (at least irl they wouldn't).

Also urbandodie seemed to be the most mature person in that entire exchange, Jack replying "I agree. I didn't ask for this shit" tho :roll: don't act like you didn't respond too, boo.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
onetruetrash
blobfish

saffarinda wrote:Also urbandodie seemed to be the most mature person in that entire exchange, Jack replying "I agree. I didn't ask for this shit" tho :roll: don't act like you didn't respond too, boo.
I was thinking the same thing. Jack responded, he totally invited himself into that.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Oh shit I didn't realise there was more to it (thanks for posting those, fancybum). In that case, both Emma and Hazel conducted themselves extremely poorly (and i'm not letting pretentious Jack off the hook, either). It was absolutely clear that Louise was joking imo, and it should have been left at friendly banter. The rest of the tweets were so out of place and should never have been posted publicly.

I agree, saffarinda. Doesn't mean what Emma said was right or appropriate (it had nothing to do with her and she shouldn't have said anything that wasn't a joke - it just made her sound petty), but Hazel rose so quickly and dramatically to the bait that it made her look immature and even worse. Ironic how the fangirls that the pretentious youtubers shade can be more mature than the youtubers they idolise. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

A lot of this is why I don't watch any 'big' youtubers other than D&P. I appreciate that deppy are relatively drama free (esp. when it comes to other people); it's astonishing how many people can't seem to control their words and actions when they're in the public eye and have lots of fans looking up to them. You're all grown adults. (Especially you, Hazel ... wtf...) Youtube is not high school ffs!

It's kinda funny to watch all this drama while remembering that Emma once wrote a silly love song for Jack Howard. :lol: It used to be on her bandcamp but I'm not surprised that it's gone now.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Susannah wrote:It's kinda funny to watch all this drama while remembering that Emma once wrote a silly love song for Jack Howard. :lol: It used to be on her bandcamp but I'm not surprised that it's gone now.
Yeah, I thought of that too. Last time I checked, it was still up on her YouTube channel, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I saw Emma's livestream the other day where she said about how she rises too easily (though she threw first passive-aggressive stone) and was pretty hurt when Hazel said something about her mourning her pet in light of the massive tragedy happening at the time. I like her, despite these moments she's honest.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

on her gg thread emma admitted she lurks idb LMAO

i wonder if she also reads the dan and phil thread
sparkle
blobfish

dans left hand wrote:on her gg thread emma admitted she lurks idb LMAO

oh god... that made me laugh a bit too hard.

Hi Emma!

(no hate, I'm really enjoying her videos atm and I'm not going to deny she's inspired me to dye my hair yellow next week)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
onetruetrash
blobfish

sparkle wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:48 pm
dans left hand wrote:on her gg thread emma admitted she lurks idb LMAO

oh god... that made me laugh a bit too hard.

Hi Emma!

(no hate, I'm really enjoying her videos atm and I'm not going to deny she's inspired me to dye my hair yellow next week)
She also made me wanna dye my hair yellow tbh
thephandommenace
procrastinator

So THIS is pretty cool

I guess this means she's going mainstream?
onetruetrash
blobfish

thephandommenace wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 pm So THIS is pretty cool

Yeah, I watched it all go down last night. She seems so happy :D
000dia000
emo goose

This is interesting, though I do wonder if this really means anything, or did they just google an article with some musicians who became popular online and thought her cover art was aesthetically pleasing. I was kind of expecting something more, like they name dropped her or used her specifically as an example. If I'm being honest, I wonder if this will make any real difference, as in will people will start listening to her music. Her style isn't that broadly liked, it has quite a narrow listening group tbh. Appaz a few people tweeted her.

Still, I say it must be very affirming for her to feel a lot more accomplished, as she did kind of express fear before that her music wasn't going anywhere and she did flip-flop attention between her her music career and her YouTube one. At least this way she gets the best of both worlds and after so many years is getting some validation? If she starts getting international attention, that's even better. She hasn't leaked the British sphere, so good luck to her.
dans left hand wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:34 pm on her gg thread emma admitted she lurks idb LMAO

Oh Christ, I post so much here. Sorry Emma.
:cactus:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

onetruetrash wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Yeah, I watched it all go down last night. She seems so happy :D
I'm so happy for her, this must be an amazing experience right now. I haven't watched her video about it all yet, but I saw it all happen on twitter.

I've been following her on youtube for years, always nice to see people I like doing well :love1: :bigthumbsup:
human
dan hand trash

000dia000 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:10 pm
dans left hand wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:34 pm on her gg thread emma admitted she lurks idb LMAO

Oh Christ, I post so much here. Sorry Emma.
Lol this doesn't bother me at all, hi Emma!

D'aww she was cute in the Apple reaction video. I really feel like she's come into herself and her content in the past few months and I'm just really enjoying nearly everything she's making. I really hope she stays in this seemingly great place, keeps it real and stops worrying too much about what others are doing. There seem to be plenty of creators nosediving; Marcus Butler just going really weird, Pewds for obvious reasons, FunForLouis seems to be nosediving despite his current world trip series, Sprinkleofglitter seems to be having a SprinkleofAttitude lately and this is really a good chance for her to excel where others are failing. Best of luck to her.

The only thing I'm not sure about is her plan to make her gaming channel for youngun's, does anyone know if that's happened yet? I watched her play Sims a few times and I kinda dig her humour and bad language. Would miss it quite a bit.
onetruetrash
blobfish

human wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:21 pmThe only thing I'm not sure about is her plan to make her gaming channel for youngun's, does anyone know if that's happened yet? I watched her play Sims a few times and I kinda dig her humour and bad language. Would miss it quite a bit.
I don't think she's uploaded any of the kid's content to her gaming channel, but all her videos have been unlisted.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

It's probably hard to lurk idb without reading the Dan and Phil thread, the Emma thread isn't super active
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Anyone else kind of shocked 6 seconds of promotion at a apple event is such a big deal?
I don't mean this in a negative way as I am genuinely pleased for her if this has lead to positive exposure but if I didn't just watch a video of her talking about all the press she has had to do about it and the people tweeting her I'd have assumed this was a cool but minor thing.
I didn't think anyone who wasn't already familiar with the artist would care enough to look up an album because it was displayed for a six seconds at an Apple event.
Am I missing something that makes this such a big deal? Because it obviously must be major if big media outlets are all lining up to interview her about it.

Like I said it's cool for Emma but I personally just don't get it.
sorryimnotclever
squish

pearshaped34 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:17 pm Anyone else kind of shocked 6 seconds of promotion at a apple event is such a big deal?
I don't mean this in a negative way as I am genuinely pleased for her if this has lead to positive exposure but if I didn't just watch a video of her talking about all the press she has had to do about it and the people tweeting her I'd have assumed this was a cool but minor thing.
I didn't think anyone who wasn't already familiar with the artist would care enough to look up an album because it was displayed for a six seconds at an Apple event.
Am I missing something that makes this such a big deal? Because it obviously must be major if big media outlets are all lining up to interview her about it.

You'd be surprised how effective advertising is. I know everyone hates seeing ads everywhere but those brands seep into your unconscious mind even if you don't want them to, and at the most effective, can make you want to buy them while at the very least get you to remember their name. Once you know somethings name, you start seeing it everywhere and begin getting curious. You also have to remember that big brands like Apple are very careful in what they show to us, kind of like Dan and Phil, so when they do show us certain things, we put a lot of attention to it, and Apple being a huge brand, well, that certainly doesn't hurt.

(I'm sorry if this made no sense, I'm running on two hours of sleep. HELP.)
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
sparkle
blobfish

pearshaped34 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:17 pm Anyone else kind of shocked 6 seconds of promotion at a apple event is such a big deal?

I think its more about it being THE Apple event - and her being next to someone as famous as Lorde but being the one they chose to feature. You'd be surprised about what that kind of exposure can do, I've listened to bands because they've been featured in advertising, so for a small artist this is a huge deal if she can capitalise on it correctly.

Its an interesting story for a newspaper to run, she's known for YouTube and yet her EP just got featured at the Apple keynote? Its interesting from a technology perspective, from an arts and culture perspective, and for comment pieces. Its a cool little 'extra' piece to the keynote because she's a smaller musician and it means that she gets extra promo out of it - everybody wins. I do think the very nice aesthetical choices on her EP cover helps, its very clean, very minimalist, and very Apple.

I am so happy for her though, I really like her music and have seen her live, I truly do wish her success and I'm happy she got such an incredible piece of validation. (and i'm happy they picked her out of all the YouTubers who do music)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
onetruetrash
blobfish

It also makes me happy to see her become much more relevant in the past few months. Earlier this year, she seemed depressed about the fact that she was irrelevant, but now it looks like she's on track to becoming more popular than ever before.
fancybum
senpai

Totally not surprised, but look who doesn't care about the n word as long as it's pewdiepie saying it :roll: cool cool. I guess she would have given Hazel a pass too if Hazel had 50mil subscribers..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me