Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:37 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:30 pm Looking forward to Phil's livestream today. I expect very little about their vacation, just relaxing and a mention of his colouring book creature, maybe a nod to the Tom Daley tweet (I didn't expect Dan to address it honestly), a giggle and tiny acknowledgement when someone brings up his behavior in the Sonic vid, but mostly just gloss over it, talk about other gaming vids, livestreaming, the chilly weather/season, Make a Wish and the promotion of #ClothesForPhil
Didn't Dan say there would be another gaming stream this week? I wouldn't be surprised if Phil cancelled because of that; feel like it's already pretty rare that they both do a LS in one week, but three in total?
That's an interesting point, that it seems rare now for them to both of a ls in a week; I wonder if this is going to be their new pattern? Dan tue/Phil thur but alternating weeks, and a video or gaming stream to fill the space for whoever doesn't stream? I'm not sure if there's been enough time to really call it now, but I could see that being how it ends up.
thatdanandphilguy
dank meme

I've been suspecting the same and I really hope it won't go like that, because I live for their live shows. :/ But I totally get it, Phil always gets the short end of the stick as Dan has already gone through all the latest topics about them in his live show. I hope they would just switch it around, have Phil streaming on tuesdays and Dan on thursday, so Phil can talk about latest videos etc, Danny boy will always find some other topics to talk about too. If there will be only one normal live show a week, I hope there'd at least be a gaming stream every week too then.
Last edited by thatdanandphilguy on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
autumnhearth
senpai

Mmm I thought about the possibility of no Phil ls, since it hasn't been confirmed yet, but I would think he would want to catch up this week and promote his vid idea. He literally has not done a ls this month. Dan got one the week before they went on vacation, if it was a pattern, Dan should have skipped, not Phil. Also they released a gaming video yesterday so I don't expect a gaming stream until this weekend.

I just watched Shane's vid. I didn't know he did the fiver thing (I know very little about other YTs really) I guess I will stop suggesting DnP do something similar again. I thought both songs were quite funny and well executed, but the whole comic book art of his bf breaking up him and DMing DnP was cringe. Also reinforced that I just don't enjoy Shane's persona/videos.
malday
emo goose

smol beans wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:35 pm i love shane and have been watching him much longer than dan and phil but i don't like his conspiracy theories on them.
now that shane mentions them so often, i get a feeling that maybe he feels bad for "exploiting" them so this is his way of promoting how much he likes them and "means no harm". idk it just makes me wonder how dan feels about it since he too has watched shane as a viewer in the past.
That's a very strange way of showing he feels sorry for exploiting them, because it just looks like he's exploiting them, again.

If i were to be cynical i could say this a good way of starting a fake youtube beef. But Dan must have his reasons why he unfollowed Shane.
Last edited by malday on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sooo, since nothing is happening on the deppy front, who wants to help me try and identify all the board games they own?

Ewok
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 pm Sooo, since nothing is happening on the deppy front, who wants to help me try and identify all the board games they own?

Ooh, pick me, I'm procrastinating at work. :shh:

We can get a few of the obvious games out of the way: I spy Obama Llama, Linkee, the Game of Life (a special edition? I can't see clearly), Scrawl. It looks like Settlers of Catan on the left side? I'm pretty sure they've played/own it though so maybe that's where my brain is going. I googled the navy blue box with silver font during our last board game discussion and the results that came up were all about a 90's/00's golfing game (I think for playstation? Can't remember now) :hmmm:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
annoying dog
crusty sponge

Ewok wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 pm Sooo, since nothing is happening on the deppy front, who wants to help me try and identify all the board games they own?

Ooh, pick me, I'm procrastinating at work. :shh:

We can get a few of the obvious games out of the way: I spy Obama Llama, Linkee, the Game of Life (a special edition? I can't see clearly), Scrawl. It looks like Settlers of Catan on the left side? I'm pretty sure they've played/own it though so maybe that's where my brain is going. I googled the navy blue box with silver font during our last board game discussion and the results that came up were all about a 90's/00's golfing game (I think for playstation? Can't remember now) :hmmm:
The top one with the panda looks like Takenoko, the white one on the bottom of the same stack looks like Tokaido
:sleepypuppy:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I decided to do a labeled one, I think I got all the ones that are obvious and the ones Ewok and Salt identified:

Lain
eclipse shirt

The light blue box in the top right is Camel Up!
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

lololol also bored and want to contribute to this. this def just has mostly the obvious ones but a couple extra! also just a note that Risk is one that you can see quite visibly in other angles from the live show, which is why i marked the top of it here

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm lololol also bored and want to contribute to this. this def just has mostly the obvious ones but a couple extra! also just a note that Risk is one that you can see quite visibly in other angles from the live show, which is why i marked the top of it here
Ooh, nice! I'm currently trying to figure out which version of Life has a purplish box.
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

i'm trying to figure out which is the one with that bright green box in the middle shelf since it's such a distinctive color. there's also 'COLOUR BRAIN' under linkee which u can see from the higher angles in the LS:

onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:17 pm
nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm lololol also bored and want to contribute to this. this def just has mostly the obvious ones but a couple extra! also just a note that Risk is one that you can see quite visibly in other angles from the live show, which is why i marked the top of it here
Ooh, nice! I'm currently trying to figure out which version of Life has a purplish box.
Maybe just this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milton-Bradley ... me+of+life
It doesn't look like a special edition or anything though.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

onceinaugust wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:17 pm
Maybe just this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milton-Bradley ... me+of+life
It doesn't look like a special edition or anything though.
Oh, that's probably it - the ones I was finding when I searched were all coming up white.
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:53 pm I decided to do a labeled one, I think I got all the ones that are obvious and the ones Ewok and Salt identified:

I think the red-orange box is not First Dates nor Scrabble, but Codenames which Dan got Phil for Christmas.
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

malday wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:33 pm I think the red-orange box is not First Dates nor Scrabble, but Codenames which Dan got Phil for Christmas.
ohhhh youre so right!!!!! good memory lmao i totally forgot that game existed
psychicmoth
living flop

(hello i'm bored too. i just want to point out i'm pretty sure first dates is behind the colour brain box)
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
sparkle
blobfish

To the board game discussion: the only one I can contribute is knowing that they definitely own Articulate :D because its one of my favourite board games :lol:

sometimes this forum makes me feel like i'm sat here taking an eye exam.
autumnhearth wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:30 pm
sparkle I love you dearly, but I disagree that this upcoming AP will intentionally reveal anything about their relationship, sleeping arrangements or hint at moving (but we will still read into all of it). I too had thoughts of it taking place in the moon room (please not the gaming room) but I think they will try their darndest and make it work in the AP room. Maybe we'll get a good look at the closet and corners. I just want Phil to start getting undressed behind Dan and then for him to move out of shot a la Pastel Edits, which I know will be trickier in the tighter quarters. No, actually I'm really looking forward to the fashion and the lols. I hope it is at least half good choices, with at least one totally outrageous gag at the end.
true :shrug: it was something that my girlfriend said to me though, and it made me laugh. I'm interested to see the logistics tbh. I just need Dan to pick some serious choices and then one completely 'wtf' choice too :garbage:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
DryCereal
koi pond

thatdanandphilguy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:13 pm I've been suspecting the same and I really hope it won't go like that, because I live for their live shows. :/ But I totally get it, Phil always gets the short end of the stick as Dan has already gone through all the latest topics about them in his live show.
Never used to be a problem for Dan when Phil did his LSs on a Sunday... I think the issue is more that Phil cba with it in general. :shrug: Which is fine, because frankly, it's been showing increasingly lately. :shrug:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

So I remembered what the something golf game was called - Everybody's Golf. However I cannot for the life of me figure out where the blue box is from, some special edition / preorder thing? Seems like the most recent edition for PS4 came out recently (Aug.) Idk. It was only notable to me because it was the only video game among all the board games lol
Wonder if they were planning on playing it for DnPG? Guess they really can't get enough of the cute caddy kink :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:13 pm
thatdanandphilguy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:13 pm I've been suspecting the same and I really hope it won't go like that, because I live for their live shows. :/ But I totally get it, Phil always gets the short end of the stick as Dan has already gone through all the latest topics about them in his live show.
Never used to be a problem for Dan when Phil did his LSs on a Sunday... I think the issue is more that Phil cba with it in general. :shrug: Which is fine, because frankly, it's been showing increasingly lately. :shrug:
I agree, I don't think Phil acutally enjoys the liveshows anymore. It sometimes shows with Dan too, but he clearly enjoys it at other times

Much to tired to actually comment on all the things going on, so i'll return to lurking
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ewok wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:22 pm

So I remembered what the something golf game was called - Everybody's Golf. However I cannot for the life of me figure out where the blue box is from, some special edition / preorder thing? Seems like the most recent edition for PS4 came out recently (Aug.) Idk. It was only notable to me because it was the only video game among all the board games lol
Wonder if they were planning on playing it for DnPG? Guess they really can't get enough of the cute caddy kink :lol:
Just to tag onto this, I consulted a board game junkie friend, and she said under Scrawl it's a game called Mysterium.
DryCereal
koi pond

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:35 pm
Ewok wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Just to tag onto this, I consulted a board game junkie friend, and she said under Scrawl it's a game called Mysterium.
I reckon the black box two above "First Dates"(?) is CAH. :ribena: (But it could also be on the top shelf on the side of that Pink box above Camel Up...)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
autumnhearth
senpai

Phil liveshow very soon!
Ablissa
pastel persona

Dan's 'gone out to a family thing' and I'm crying because I'm curious and I'll probably never know.
On the upside, Phil seems quite energetic and happy :)

EDIT: "...and annoying my friends, and Dan" - I love that Phil puts Dan in a separate category from his friends.