Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

It looks really good indeed! Thanks a lot for those edits <3

He said in the pastel edits video that he wants to come into the room with a kapow, but imo he doesn't need the black hair for it. This suits him really well.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

foreverhome wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:43 am Question: some people are passing around that Dan used to have an NSFW tumblr and it's still up. Does anyone have any idea about it? Or is it most likely fake?

i see this rumour pop up every couple of years. unfortunately it seems to have arisen from just that, a fun 'what if' rumour from the heady days of the customer service blog. dan did used to reblog a lot more risqué stuff though, there was a compilation of some of them... somewhere (probably on gg).

[i say unfortunately because i would love to see their taste on more nsfw stuff again, lol]
art in avatar by lily
goldenmermaid
drama llama

Phantasy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:23 am Sorta off-topic from anything being discussed, but I was playing around with a hair color changing app (fun night) and tried a few shades on Phil... results below!
What I was really trying to do was match his natural hair color that d&p refer to as “mousy brown”, but I don’t think that description is quite right, because in certain lights it also seems to pick up a bit of red, not full “ging”, but definitely some traces.

Phil’s natural hair...
Image Image

Base reference: Phil’s suspiciously black hair (almost as if it was obtained by supernatural means)...

Medium Reddish Blonde (intense strawberry blonde-ish)...

Lightest Golden Brown (not too far off—what I suspect ‘mousy brown’ actually looks like)...

Light Reddish Brown (closest match for his eyebrows, I think)...

Light Caramel Brown (also a close match)...

Intense Red Copper (so intensely ginger it’s sure to make Dan swoon!)...

What do ya’ll think, any winners? I’d totally love to see him go back to his natural hair color (or just push back the fringe! :twisted:)—if Phil had a thought his natural color was somehow boring, I’m sure Fabrizzio can punch it up with his magic (some highlights perhaps?).

(not suggesting how Phil should live his life, just a bit of AU fantasy boredom!)
Oh wow he looks so good with light brown hair! I kinda wish he would start slowly going back to his normal colour, one shade lighter at a time.

As for Dan having a secret nfsw tumblr, I definitely think its possible, but how would anyone ever know/find out it was his?
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Happy to report that phimmy continues to thrive, Phil liked this tweet, what a supportive bf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm definitely someone who thinks Phil should still with the black forever and ever. It's kind of fun to get a glimpse of the natural roots once in a while, but I think the black genuinely does suit him best. His original hair color was just... very unflattering.

I also feel like he probably did dye it dark brown, unless when it was shorter he used so much gel that it made it look darker.

:love2: :love2: phimmy :love2: :love2:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 pm I'm definitely someone who thinks Phil should still with the black forever and ever. It's kind of fun to get a glimpse of the natural roots once in a while, but I think the black genuinely does suit him best. His original hair color was just... very unflattering.
I agree. There's something about the contrast between the black hair and pale skin that just suits him.

I'd like to see him with a black that's less unnaturally blue in undertone though, something on the edge of a very dark brown. it'd match him better.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

I have to concede that the black suits him best. The caramel is nice, but the reds are pretty awful (rip all my dreams of ginger!Phil).

SneakyLizard your hair journey sounds pretty similar to mine.

Proof that Jimmy lurks here and wanted to play with a hair color app himself. Not bad.

I tried out a couple apps, they were pretty crap, but here's the results.

The darker the better me thinks.
drearyquery
drama llama

Ah I love seeeing these edits! Though I do agree I prefer the black or a dark brown, I'm all for that contrast. Would any of you lovely editors be willing to do some coloring on a quiff photo? Like Phil in the club? I'd love to see some natural quiff action but don't have the abilities to do it myself...
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

drearyquery wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:24 pm Ah I love seeeing these edits! Though I do agree I prefer the black or a dark brown, I'm all for that contrast. Would any of you lovely editors be willing to do some coloring on a quiff photo? Like Phil in the club? I'd love to see some natural quiff action but don't have the abilities to do it myself...
rizzo posted a pretty good looking quiff pic some pages back, so I used that on the matrix . com tool (try it, it's fun!)
I made a couple of different ones though they look pretty similar:
Original:

Edits:

Whoops at the little bit of bus in the top left that got coloured too.
liola
rankussy

I love seeing these edits because it's multiple Phil pics so bless me, but I still prefer the black hair. It really suits him in a very Snow White way, the contrast with the blue eyes and the pale skin is just so captivating! I don't think his natural hair color looks as good on him, and I hope he keeps the black going forever (or until the blessed salt and pepper that will come one day)

I also really don't mind the fringe but I always feel like i'm in the minority.

Do we think we're getting that gaming livestream tonight? Or not?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

personally i don't mind phil with either hair colour, it'd be nice if he had brown hair but it'd take me some time to get used to haha.
:transheart:
liola
rankussy

well Phil answered my prayers also pls Mario Kart
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

liola wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:06 pm well Phil answered my prayers also pls Mario Kart
I suggest voting early and often because they're running neck in neck!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I think Mario is objectively the better streaming game cause they can take turns at interacting with the chat, banting and playing. Overcooked was pretty stressful to watch and is also exhausting to play (maybe that is why the stream was short last time) (....wishful thinking of 10h charity streams like Markiplier....)
Ewok
rainbow nerd

I 100% voted phan prix. Overcooked was a hell of a lot of screaming and I felt like they weren't able to be as interactive as I would've liked. RIP my ears if they play it again, sheesh

In regards to a NSFW Tumblr of Dan's: I think it's possible but unlikely. I wouldn't put it past them to have alt/anon accounts on social media where they can enjoy the internet freely without having to worry about their audience. I know Dan's denied it in the past but... eh. I also think Dan spends more time on Reddit nowadays than Tumblr. I think I'd be more curious to see what he's up to on Reddit. There's much more anonymity on Reddit than Tumblr imo :spy:

RE: Phil's hair - I have so many conflicting feelings about his hair. I think I would like the dark hair 100x more if his eyebrows weren't so sparse and light? I do like the dark hair on him, though. His eyes do look crazy, crazy gorgeous with the contrast of his hair. Ugh. Gorgeous man
:happytears:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I don't know what it was, but I just for some reason didn't find Overcooked that interesting to watch, I definitely preferred Mario Kart. Too bad I don't have twitter, though my one vote isn't going to make much of a difference.

I'm loving these pictures of Phil with the different hair colors, though I prefer the black on him. The black hair + pale skin combo makes him look so striking and that's missing when he has lighter brown hair.

It's weird to see Phil's hair match his eyebrows, and now I'm just curious what he'd look like with black eyebrows
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Guess the vote is still running neck in neck!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
onetruetrash
blobfish

Tumblr is pretty dead and Dan and Phil have to be reminded to update their accounts, so I doubt that they have personal ones. Like someone else said, Dan seems like a Redditor these days and I don't know about Phil. I don't trust that they don't have personal accounts, especially Dan.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

The livestream has started!

Also, they've mentioned Phil's natural hair #deppyreadidbconfirmed
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

More natural hair references?! Well, I hope they liked my edits :lol:

Also - they "forgot" the Switch controller attachement? Shouldn't it just be... upstairs? :illuminati: How hard can it be to retrieve then?

Also also - 3M special confirmed!
Lou44
not a first-time poster

Lol they brought up the old t shirts too yep confirmed they totally lurk on here in their free time. Dan seems a little uptight and stressed in this video I wonder if it has to do with that secret project ;) or I'm just over analyzing his every move lol
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

does anyone know what scishow video the person in the chat was referring to? i am a complete ho for any mentions of deppy from the green brothers

(also is this the first time dan's ever mentioned that his parents weren't married when he was born? i don't remember him ever saying it before)
Ablissa
pastel persona

I loved their dynamic in this stream. Loved Phil asking what rhymes with tick tock clock :lol:, loved them singing that Shakira song, loved Phil saying 'shh, they're not me' when Dan was insulting a subscriber.
I wish they streamed for a longer amount of time, though. I understand that it's less watchable as a video later, but a long stream once in a while would be so nice. Like an hour+.
Lou44
not a first-time poster

I live for Dan calling Phil a spork lol
onetruetrash
blobfish

nigel ratburn wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:19 pm(also is this the first time dan's ever mentioned that his parents weren't married when he was born? i don't remember him ever saying it before)
At first I thought that must've heard that wrong. Wasn't there a rumor that Dan was an unplanned child?