Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I love these <3 Best moment was Dan almost swearing against a subscriber and Phil telling him off. "It's not me you're talking to." :philtrash:
onetruetrash wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:30 pm
nigel ratburn wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:19 pm(also is this the first time dan's ever mentioned that his parents weren't married when he was born? i don't remember him ever saying it before)
At first I thought that must've heard that wrong. Wasn't there a rumor that Dan was an unplanned child?
It's been speculated since Dan said that his parents were young when they had him in his DML.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:44 pm
nigel ratburn wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:19 pm(also is this the first time dan's ever mentioned that his parents weren't married when he was born? i don't remember him ever saying it before)
At first I thought that must've heard that wrong. Wasn't there a rumor that Dan was an unplanned child?
It's been speculated since Dan said that his parents were young when they had him in his DML.
that's what i thought, but he dropped it so casually that i was sure he must have explicitly mentioned it before. he brought it up on twitter, too, which strikes me as significant. i wonder why he's decided to bring it up now?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sorryimnotclever wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:31 am
Is this any better? Chrome is being dumb so I had to upload them to a (random) Instagram (sorry about that) (and about formatting, I'm really bad at this) :backawayslowly:

Ohhhh I really love this hair colour on Phil. These edits are really good! I do like Phil with black hair though, but this look would also be great.

Loved the livestream, although I am forever salty that I can’t play them as I don’t have a Switch. Dans round had 2 of my favourite tracks in (Warios Goldmine and Rainbow Road) and I was willing him to win at the end when the blue shell almost hit him. I do hope (although doubt they ever will) they might play a PhanPrix using the WillU MK8 just for those who can’t afford a Switch just yet. I really enjoy watching them play Mario, they are so funny and it’s one of my favourite games. I hope they might do a Splatoon game soon, another good Nintendo game!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

nigel ratburn wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 pm
that's what i thought, but he dropped it so casually that i was sure he must have explicitly mentioned it before. he brought it up on twitter, too, which strikes me as significant. i wonder why he's decided to bring it up now?
Yeah he'd definitely never brought it up before. It is interesting that he chose to now - is it something he's super casual about that just never fit into a conversation in a fluid way, or did he actually think about it before saying it and decide to go ahead anyway? I mean, there's really no reason not to talk about it, but Dan's so closed off about his family in general that it's still surprising to hear him volunteer something like that.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:00 pm
nigel ratburn wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 pm
Yeah he'd definitely never brought it up before. It is interesting that he chose to now - is it something he's super casual about that just never fit into a conversation in a fluid way, or did he actually think about it before saying it and decide to go ahead anyway? I mean, there's really no reason not to talk about it, but Dan's so closed off about his family in general that it's still surprising to hear him volunteer something like that.
I did a huge double take when I heard that, like it was such a casual sudden family mention and he so rarely mentions them
autumnhearth
senpai

Dear god. I wasn't going to take notes, I was just going to sit back and watch. But between natural hair mentions, sausage fest and biting ass...

-Phil getting massaged by his pixel self and Dan being disturbed, while actually controlling the mouse, telling him he can't say "yasss" while that happens.
-Teeked, teaked, tiqued? over the edge. Reminds me of teet/teat in 'I Am Bread.' The word is tilt Phil. English Language and Linguistics fail.
-"rickety wrecked"
-Phil turned "soft boye" comment into a sort of "yeah boi" with his inflection.
-"Expose me"- P
-Dan totally read the complaint about not receiving soup in a Damien voice from DD.
-Also these promises of things like dates from Mario reminds me of 2009-2011
-I love them managing each other. Dan dimming Phil's screen and telling him he's not allowed to do shout outs and Phil checking that Dan tweeted.
-Furry or Philly, "looking sexy"- P
-"Sausage fest"- D
-Phil thinks he should dye his hair mint green. Nah I tried the pastel range, yah gotta go dark Phil.
-Appreciating the well manicured beard
-Natural brown haired mii
-Stop canoodling down there
-"Don't even look at me."- P
-"He'll be coming round the corner when he comes."- P
-May do something special for 3 million subscribers, that's a thing
-"Dat ass"- D
-"I'm gonna bite someone's ass."- P
-"Protect your butt."- D
-"My butt has a shell against it and it's not gonna get touched."- P
-Phil story about renting a house second year of college, no idea how to live, almost got evicted.
-Dil's birthday is tomorrow
-Phil is a backseat stream manager
-Beard guy is the most attractive subscriber, that's why he gets the crown.
-"Shut up!"- D "Buh shudadaduh"- P (or something like that)
-An artist in the chat says Phil is her muse
-"This is your fault Dan"- P
-"Thicccc" microphone
-"I'm gonna shave your beard off."- P
-Not arms gaming challenge (I'm intrigued, I watched all the gaming challenges the other day and think their due for a new one.)
-"I've got a story."- P (I forget what his story was but I like the way he said this. Was this the extra step thing?)
-Dan doesn't want to look at the message for Phil's Monster Coke anymore.
-"Birthing breaths"- P
-Dan's a bastard... well that's news to me...
-2018 calendar "Oh god the idea"- D (I want to know!)
-Dan unironically listens to the Mario Soundtrack
-"Get bananaed hard."- I didn't write down who said this but I'm pretty sure it was Phil.
-D&P livestream "tension ups" (butt clenching)
-Phil touches Dan's hair after someone complimenting it, asks how he did it today, insinuates he spends hours sculpting it, asks if he prefers having it curly, is basically in love with Dan's hair.
-Dan says something rude to a subscriber in the game, Phil reminds him: "It's not me you're talking to." Why does this make me soft?
-Viktor from Sweden/YOI reference again. Dan asks Phil to help with his geography.
-Leaning Phil
-Flirting Phil, scolds Dan about bragging
-Phil sings some song about breasts/mountains that has something to do with being humble...
-What rhymes with "tick tock clock"- Phil demanding a 7 Second challenge, Dan to his credit does not say cock.
-"Phil you spork"- D
-"Kartage"- D, "Kartation"- P
-Phil's been stalking subscribers

I forget where this belongs but "deep sea green", "azure mystery", "jade depths" would look much better on Phil than mint.

Well that was lovely. :love2:
Last edited by autumnhearth on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:36 pm
drearyquery wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:24 pm Ah I love seeeing these edits! Though I do agree I prefer the black or a dark brown, I'm all for that contrast. Would any of you lovely editors be willing to do some coloring on a quiff photo? Like Phil in the club? I'd love to see some natural quiff action but don't have the abilities to do it myself...
rizzo posted a pretty good looking quiff pic some pages back, so I used that on the matrix . com tool (try it, it's fun!)
I made a couple of different ones though they look pretty similar:
Original:

Edits:

Whoops at the little bit of bus in the top left that got coloured too.
I definitely prefer Phil with black hair now that I've seen the same style with different colors next to each other. It's definitely a stunning juxtaposition, his pale skin and dark hair :lilheart: I think a more natural shade of black might be more fitting though- more of a darkdarkdark brown rather than a straight jet black.

Also I love how they mentioned it + old tshirts in the stream, lurking confirmed :rofl: I preferred Mario Kart over Overcooked last time so I am glad that the voting tipped towards it in the end! Plus weekend streams are a blessing, I can actually watch them instead of peeking and snippets during class :lol:

The unmarried parents comment didn't even register with me in the sense of him being unplanned, esp. because I've never even heard those rumors before. I just thought it was a rare family mention (and we get so few of those!), plus I know a lot of people born to unmarried parents and I don't really think of it as particularly weird since it's a lot more common nowadays. Sometimes I wonder what Dan's family-dynamic is like today? I mean it's just occurring to me that I'll I really know is that people tried to stalk his brother once and that's it. Has he ever really given insight to his family before? He's a lot more closed off about it than Phil, who doesn't even really talk about anything personal anymore. What do they think about his career? Do they see him frequently or rarely?? Or maybe this is all common knowledge and I'm behind :shrug:

I liked the stream overall, but I was distracted halfway through and so I'm going to wait for time-stamps so I can re-watch what I don't remember! I don't remember the 'shh, they're not me' part at all but it's making me feel :philtrash:

EDIT: I'm such a dummy, I didn't see autumnhearth's post right on top of mine! Not time-stamps, but still helpful, thanks for posting it! :love2:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
autumnhearth
senpai

whelpkeeper The only things I remember Dan telling us about his parents are that his dad is (or was) a DJ (lol "D.J. Howell") and worked on the set of films (mentioned in Draw My Life). His mom studied Philosophy and is (or was) a massage therapist. Also he mentioned she was a punk when she was younger (I think this was during a joint liveshow?) I think he's a lot closer to them than he lets on and is just private about them and that's perfectly fine.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:15 pm
-Phil sings some song about breasts/mountains that has something to do with being humble...

And now you can all imagine Phil singing this.
autumnhearth
senpai

Sorry for the triple post, but Dan seems to want to make this known today...
Was this like some kind of revelation while he was with his family yesterday? I mean, probably not as he seems very chill.

Thank you Ticia of course it was Shakira! I forgot to mention the yodeling!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phil looks great with dark brown hair in those edits, especially the one from the slime video. I love his black hair, though, and the fringe, it's so distinctive. His liveshow was so energetic, it was lovely. Loved the gaming stream too, I thought Phil did pretty well to come 4th. If I play online, I always come last, but I'm picking up some good tips from these masters. There were some good reactions and comments like the person who said they were cold and Dan not wanting to keep seeing mention of the Phil's monster coke gc (took me a few times of hearing that to get it). Dan looked gorgeous too, I love that he does nothing to his hair and it just looks great.

I'm so looking forward to the clothes video. I tweeted them a ton of stuff, some funny tshirts, bird-print jumpers (there's a lovely blue and red one that's stuck in my mind, it would suit Phil so well), some sexy shirts, ripped jeans and a purple 3-piece suit. I'm not sure they'll realise I meant the purple one cos the thumbnail shows the default black choice. The original one I found was on an American site and it looked better, it had a really wide check, so basically just lines, and it would look incredible on him. Fingers crossed Dan's choosing some stuff that'll make Phil look hotter, that was what I was going for anyway.
Last edited by flarequake on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iero
phabergé

i'm p sure dan has mentioned being a bastard before because i remember thinking 'me 2'. i can't remember where though
malday
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:29 pm Also he mentioned she was a punk when she was younger (I think this was during a joint liveshow?) I think he's a lot closer to them than he lets on and is just private about them and that's perfectly fine.
It was during a radio show. I think they told more stories that involved their families when they did the radioshow.
Which got me thinking they could easily turn this gaming livestream into a live podcast if they ever lose interest in playing games.
random
crusty sponge

I loved the live stream. It was nice to watch Dan lose/be challenged for a change.

[Offtopic]
Okay, this probably isn't him. I just found it funny that someone stole his username and that they also like guild wars/decided to post on reddit about it. But the account is 6 years old. Dan's reddit confirmed? :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/com ... _complete/

[/Offtopic]
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

malday wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23 pm Which got me thinking they could easily turn this gaming livestream into a live podcast if they ever lose interest in playing games.
I should have mentioned this when casualIBDstalker was asking about projects you'd want to see deppy do! I absolutely love podcasts, I'm always listening to them so I'd be over the moon if they ever made one. :rainbowsparkle1: Sometimes I'll try and treat the liveshows like one, kinda like Phil always suggests, but I always end up looking at their faces instead and being distracted :garbage: I don't think it'd have to replace gaming livestreams per say, especially because they seem to like them and so does everyone else, but I think I'd end up preferring a podcast if they made one. I'm not really a gamer so I don't always get into the games they play the way other people do, plus a live podcast might be super reminiscent of the radio show, which I mostly missed out on because I became a fan right around when that ended, so I'd love to see something that might be somewhat similar to that.

Though I suppose I'd still run into the problem of always staring at them if it was videotaped and not just audio :lol:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

random wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:25 pm I loved the live stream. It was nice to watch Dan lose/be challenged for a change.

[Offtopic]
Okay, this probably isn't him. I just found it funny that someone stole his username and that they also like guild wars/decided to post on reddit about it. But the account is 6 years old. Dan's reddit confirmed? :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/com ... _complete/

[/Offtopic]
I was just on that account earlier today after remembering Dan was on Reddit. Came to the conclusion that wasn't him, since if he's using the normal username then he's not trying to hide it's him, and would use the same persona with the no caps typing.
Also, if his Reddit account were going by the danisnotonfire username, I'd imagine he'd rebrand along with every other account he owns.

Though if that's already been confirmed to be him and I'm wrong this post is going to sound pretty dumb
howadorableright
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:57 pm Sorry for the triple post, but Dan seems to want to make this known today...
Was this like some kind of revelation while he was with his family yesterday? I mean, probably not as he seems very chill.
my friend suggested that maybe he reason he brought it up twice today is because phil is pregnant and they fought about getting married or not first :tinfoil: :tinfoil:
back back back back again
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

howadorableright wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:22 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:57 pm Sorry for the triple post, but Dan seems to want to make this known today...
my friend suggested that maybe he reason he brought it up twice today is because phil is pregnant and they fought about getting married or not first :tinfoil: :tinfoil:
This is the only rumor that matters right now.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lol here we go.

Chris said 'all the fantastic foursome have girlfriends now' in his livestream, part of Twitter went into a meltdown and the other part is taking the piss.
I stopped taking anything out of Chris' mouth seriously ages ago because that's just who he is and while I like the guy he's always a bit like watching a trainwreck saying weird things. So I'm saying nah, he's bullshitting.

Opinions IDB? Does your significant other talk about a forever home and adopting a corgi with their flatmate?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

People I follow on Twitter & Instagram are freaking out & I'm just sitting here shaking my head :roll: ok maybe not shaking my head, that's an eye roll ;)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm lol here we go.

Chris said 'all the fantastic foursome have girlfriends now' in his livestream, part of Twitter went into a meltdown and the other part is taking the piss.
I stopped taking anything out of Chris' mouth seriously ages ago because that's just who he is and while I like the guy he's always a bit like watching a trainwreck saying weird things. So I'm saying nah, he's bullshitting.

Opinions IDB? Does your significant other talk about a forever home and adopting a corgi with their flatmate?
I think he's just taking the piss, as Chris always does. That, or the Janice rumor is actually real.
Maybe Janice has a sister who is now dating Dan? All my dreams are dead...
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I thought he and Janice and/or Sabrina were married, what's happening? Is he dating a third? Were we lied to and he's not married yet to one of them?

God Chris stop ruining my dreams
000dia000
emo goose

I think we're (the phandom) are reacting how he wants us to react. Probably over reacting us being "childish". Not that Chris is there either outing a potentially private relationship (lol) or just plain up front lying about the private life's of estranged friends. Way to go, Chris.

Though, I do think his comment is nearly suggesting that the "girlfriends" are merely just each other.
:cactus:
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I'm just here to thank Phil for wasting an hour of my life because of the "What rhymes with clock" joke, which forced me to go through youtube and watch every radioshow 7sc.
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

Lol it would be easier to understand in context but im too tired to watch anything
but just for fun, was it a parody of a middle schooler complaining about being forever alone, but because fantastic foursome is the group he's associated with (instead of "classmates") he just used that? or instead we could take it as him actually complaining about all his old friends being in a relationship(/s(still shipping phan+pj)) *insert the illuminati emoji x 10 bc im on mobile and lazy*

or its 100% a random joke. but idk what chris talks about in his streams, like does he generally tell things like that & did he talk about relationships before saying that??
because if he does im just gonna take it as the second option and him being pissed at his goals af old friends who are buying a baby and having a house and 50 dogs while he sits alone playing video games, just for my own enjoyment

im really scared to visit their tumblr or twitter tags now tho, can someone give me a drama check, is there a lot of people taking it seriously?