Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

liola wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:18 pm "Where in the world is Deppy" should be a worldwide hashtag. I mean, we know where they are but...WHERE ARE THEY. What are they doing. Why are they camera shy. Do they even exhist outside their videos, are they real, sometimes it's hard to believe it.
Honestly, there's the new conspiracy theory. Have we been stanning life-like droids this whole time? :illuminati: Maybe they attend these summits and then go and shut off in a corner somewhere.
realeyesrealize
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

I don't know where this is from but there you go :ribena:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

They were in someone's pan across a room insta story:

sparkle
blobfish

actual photo of Dan and Phil preparing to go outside - its the only logical explanation :sunshine:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
liola
rankussy

Sometimes I think the phandom exaggerate how much they're attached to the hip, then I see things like this and I'm like "Ah."

But really this is like spot waldo, I don't have a good enough eyesight to play this game :lol:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

I'm thinking that the bottom left is supposed to be Dan's pic but haven't seen a closer view to actually read the last name on the shirt.

here is the full image from the instastory
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:01 pm Image

I'm thinking that the bottom left is supposed to be Dan's pic but haven't seen a closer view to actually read the last name on the shirt.
That's got to be him doing his Hello Internet salute. A green shirt and straightened hair though? I wish I could tell what the pictures in the background were...
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

They were in lyubarskaya’s insta story, and it looks like it's part of a vlog? Maybe? Or is this someone that does interviews? Either way full clip now pls. /impatient

casualIDBstalker
drama llama

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm
casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:01 pm Image

That's got to be him doing his Hello Internet salute. A green shirt and straightened hair though? I wish I could tell what the pictures in the background were...

if you check out lyubarskaya’s insta story, the last clip she has on her story shows the creator wall & there is a pretty clear shot of Dan's pic.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

So, uh, have we found out yet why they are there? If they are filming YT Rewind, shouldn't the rest of the UK peeps also be there? Or might they not have time when the filming crew is in the UK and therefore joined this event? I don't follow a lot of other youtubers but from what I've seen, there aren't a lot of big names there (?)

So many questions, so little time, plus one or two unasked....
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 pm So, uh, have we found out yet why they are there? If they are filming YT Rewind, shouldn't the rest of the UK peeps also be there? Or might they not have time when the filming crew is in the UK and therefore joined this event? I don't follow a lot of other youtubers but from what I've seen, there aren't a lot of big names there (?)

I'm guessing it's because they missed the New York one earlier this year? Anthony is there, and Caspar and Joe, so maybe youtubers are now just given the option to attend whatever summit wherever in the world fits their schedule best? It is interesting though.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:09 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 pm So, uh, have we found out yet why they are there? If they are filming YT Rewind, shouldn't the rest of the UK peeps also be there? Or might they not have time when the filming crew is in the UK and therefore joined this event? I don't follow a lot of other youtubers but from what I've seen, there aren't a lot of big names there (?)

I'm guessing it's because they missed the New York one earlier this year? Anthony is there, and Caspar and Joe, so maybe youtubers are now just given the option to attend whatever summit wherever in the world fits their schedule best? It is interesting though.
I see... I am terribly unaware of the youtube scene :lol: Hope something more than being in the background of random vlogs comes of the event attendance!
liola
rankussy

So this ig story at the Tea Ceremony where you can hear Dan say "do one with the tea in" and Phil's "yeah"...everyone on tumblr is starting to think we might get a DITL? I checked Anthony's insta to see if maybe he was there and filming for his instastory but he wasn't.

I really don't wanna get my hopes up but they're getting out of control

liola
rankussy

As predicted, new gaming video. And it's a spon?

My only explanation is that they're moving soon, they need that sweet cash to pay the movers and all the finishing touches. :illuminati:

edit: oh no i hate double posting i'm sorry

Ewok
rainbow nerd

The phandom prays for a DITL and they give us a sponsored gaming vid. FFS.

I guess. I'll take it. Cheeky bastards. :brokenheart: :wahh:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

liola wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:10 pm So this ig story at the Tea Ceremony where you can hear Dan say "do one with the tea in" and Phil's "yeah"...everyone on tumblr is starting to think we might get a DITL? I checked Anthony's insta to see if maybe he was there and filming for his instastory but he wasn't.

I really don't wanna get my hopes up but they're getting out of control
You can hear Anthony talking before and after they say that and it ends with him saying "I'm just gonna take a video" or something along those lines, pretty sure Anthony's probably vlogging. He's done travel vlogs before!
Also that gaming video was pretty interesting.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That was boring as hell. Katye took about 20 years of my lifespan. How many koi ponds do they need exactly?

And I don't want a DITL centered around a YouTube event tbh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

2017, the year Phil Lester's branding turned from cinnamon roll to non-stop penis references.
liola
rankussy

In the span of one video Phil managed to say "spin him daddy" and then draw an actual penis and acknowledge it before even Dan did.

Incredible.

That was a not-amazing video but the cats characters are so ridiculous that I can actually see myself playing it :lol:

autumnhearth
senpai

I thought that was cute for a spon and at least it was also something subscribers requested (sniffing around the comments in a bit of a creepy way). Some of the art reminded me of Undertale.
:undertaledog:

I liked the dynamic of Phil having already played and teaching newborn kitten!Dan. Being pleased with Dan's hiss intro and calling him Danny. "Are you proud of me Phil?" "Yeah. Do your feistiest meow." Phil looked lovely, he posed lovely and he just was lovely.

My favorite exchange:

8:25 Dark Metal Knight Cat
"That's what happened when I went through the change."- Phil
"Jesus. Yeah, Phil became dark metal knight Phil. I'm edgy now, I've dyed my hair black."- Dan
"Hey!"- Phil
"I'm not little Philly L from Rossendale, I'm AmazingPhil"- Dan
"I'm now dark marauder Phil."- Phil

The creative contest aspect was cute and Dan saying he liked Phil's drawing :garbage:

Then again anything probably would have made me happy after just having finished time stamps for Dan's Nov 7th 2012 YouNow :(
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Someone on tumblr asked for the nice moments from the video, so I basically ended up doing timestamps:

:20 - They set up Battle Cats as something fans want, even though they immediately say that it's sponsored right afterwards.
:52 - Dan is new to the game because Dan does not have the patience for this shit and Phil basically sets up all of the spons and all Dan has to do is be present and breathing to film?
1:58 - Dan: Give me a tinker.
Phil: Give you a... tinker?
Dan: I'm sorry.

jumpcut
2:43 - Phil says the cat has thicc arms.
3:05 - Phil casually calling Dan 'Danny.'
3:24 - Phil foreshadows his God cat.
407 - Dan: Sexy legs cat.
Phil: That's me.

Immediate jumpcut.
7:21 - Dan can't think of gatcha machine, gestures at Phil to read his mind.
8:24 - Phil becomes the dark metal knight cat; Dan (cutely but mockingly) likens it to Phil's actual change when he dyed his hair and became AmazingPhil.
9:01 - Dan: Are you proud of me, Phil?
9:57 - They release cat God; Phil is entirely too happy about Sistene Chapel naked guy. He wants to think God looks like that.
11:06 - They talk about how Phil would be sneezing so much/would actually be dead around that many cats.
11:49 - They activate god cat.
Phil: Spin him, daddy.
Dan: Yess, god-cat (dad? or cat?), blow them.
12:47 - Phil almost hits Dan in the face with paper and both of them react in a cute and surprisingly genuine way? Phil actually looks alarmed and it's adorable.
13:16 - Phil shows off his houseplant cat drawing. With cannons. That looks like... yeah. Phil admits that it looks inappropriate, and then tries to add a cannonball to show the cannon is firing it, and it just gets worse.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i liked the vid and have nothing much to add, but i came here to point out the return of the blindfolded cat face game music
:happytears:
thank's you were great
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Looks like it wasn't a vlog, but a cute video on YouTube's ig! I'll take it anyways! Love the three of them so much! <3
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
archived
drama llama
Pronouns: dying

I really haven't been enjoying the gaming channel recently. I'm still not sure why they don't just play some actual games? Like I get that some people enjoy watching them play those games but they always play the same games over and over. Like Battle Cats is a very generic game, I've seen lots of variations of it. The novelty of these games has definitely worn off.
sorry if I come off a bit wanky

... but I'm probably right you know
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I can’t say that I really enjoyed it. Some of their interactions were cute, but the game was very meh. Definitely not something I would rewatch.