Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:44 pm We're gonna ignore how long it actually took me to do this (though my frequent partner-in-obsessive-timestamping-crime mermaid blood helped) but here is the blooper video broken down into what video every moment came from, along with the date - and I think everyone pretty much knew this already but they definitely picked exclusively from 2017 videos.

:08 - DAB BECOMES A CHILD! - Sims 4 #39 (5 May 2017)
:20 - Dan vs. Phil: QUICK DRAW! (3 Feb 2017)
:27 - IS IT PAINFUL TO DIE?! Google Feud #2 (8 Feb 2017)
:31 - Dan vs. Phil: QUICK DRAW! (3 Feb 2017)
:40 - IS THIS THE END? THE IMPOSSIBLE QUIZ! #6 (16 Feb 2017)
:45 - BATTLE OF THE BALLS - Golf With Friends (24 Feb 2017)
:49 - HORSE BOYFRIEND SIMULATOR?! - My Horse Prince (19 Feb 2017)
:53 - DIL GETS A FREEZE RAY - Sims 4 #35 (11 Feb 2017)
:58 - DAB BECOMES A TODDLER - Sims 4 #34 (25 Jan 2017)
1:04 - We hAVE to SHOUT to juMP??! - YASUHATI Don't Stop Eighth Note (11 March 2017)
1:21 - IS IT PAINFUL TO DIE?! Google Feud #2 (8 Feb 2017)
1:26 - HAVING A BLAST - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes (8 March 2017)
1.35 - Dan and Phil play CLUB PENGUIN! (RIP) (2 April 2017)
1.43 - TWO SANDY BALLS - Golf With Friends #2 (11 April 2017)
1.45 - Making Eliza PREGNANT - Sims 4 #37 (15 March 2017)
1:50 - IS THIS THE END? THE IMPOSSIBLE QUIZ! #6 (16 Feb 2017)
2:01 - BATTLE OF THE BALLS - Golf With Friends (24 Feb 2017)
2.03 - MEET DILDY LESTOWELL - Dream Daddy #1 (3 August 2017)
2:18 - 14 YEAR OLD PHIL’S GAME - The Mark Of Oxin! (25 March 2017)
2:30 - HORSE BOY LOVE STORY - My Horse Prince #4 (GRAND FINALE) (11 May 2017)
2:37 - BOMB DISPOSING DISASTER - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes #2 (16 May 2017)
2:42 - DAB BECOMES A TODDLER - Sims 4 #34 (25 Jan 2017)
2:50 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe BATTLE MODE SHOWDOWN!!! (9 May 2017)
2:56 - TWO SANDY BALLS - Golf With Friends #2 (11 April 2017)
3:04 - DIL GETS A FREEZE RAY - Sims 4 #35 (11 Feb 2017)
3:18 - Making Eliza PREGNANT - Sims 4 #37 (15 March 2017)
3:24 - DIL'S BOWLING DESTRUCTION - Sims 4 #40 (26 May 2017)
3:33 - HELP WE ARE SO LOST 🌎🤔 - Dan vs. Phil: GeoGuessr (25 June 2017)
3:55 - THIS GAME IS TOO BLOODY HARD - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes #3 (19 June 2017)
3:59 - TWO SANDY BALLS - Golf With Friends #2 (11 April 2017)
4:03 - WATCH US WRECK SOME LOSERS ONLINE - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - (29 June 2017)
4:13 - DAB BECOMES A CHILD! - Sims 4 #39 (5 May 2017)
4:23 - MEET HOT DADDIES IN OUR AREA! - Dream Daddy #2 (18 Aug 2017)
4:30 - We hAVE to SHOUT to juMP??! - YASUHATI Don't Stop Eighth Note (11 March 2017)
4:39 - MEET HOT DADDIES IN OUR AREA! - Dream Daddy #2 (18 Aug 2017)
4:50 - MEET DILDY LESTOWELL - Dream Daddy #1 (3 August 2017)
4:56 - THIS GAME IS TOO BLOODY HARD - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes #3 (19 June 2017)
5:08 - The ANTI-AKINATOR CHALLENGE! (20 Sept 2017)
5:19 - BOMB DISPOSING DISASTER - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes #2 (16 May 2017)
5:31 - HELP WE ARE SO LOST 🌎🤔 - Dan vs. Phil: GeoGuessr (25 June 2017)
5:45 - Dan and Phil play CLUB PENGUIN! (RIP) (2 April 2017)
5:50 - DIL'S BIRTHDAY IN THE BIG CITY! - Sims 4 #45 (29 Sept 2017)
6:06 - MEET HOT DADDIES IN OUR AREA! - Dream Daddy #2 (18 Aug 2017)
6:15 - MEET DILDY LESTOWELL - Dream Daddy #1 (3 August 2017)
6:23 - WATCH US WRECK SOME LOSERS ONLINE - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - (29 June 2017)
6:30 - DIL'S BIRTHDAY IN THE BIG CITY! - Sims 4 #45 (29 Sept 2017)
Wow! Thanks for doing this!
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

sorryimnotclever wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:37 am Life is Strange

Please, make my little gay heart happy.

They would probably never play it, but it's nice to fantasize. I really wonder if they would go for the straight timeline or the gay timeline. Would they follow the rules or go for the less moral choices? I'm just so so curious as to what they would chose! As for dialogue, you can talk in between minor choices, so you can go at your own pace without having to talk over the characters.

I just really love LiS, can you tell?
Just thought I'd point out that, canonically, Max is bi/pan/attracted to multiple genders so there's technically no "straight timeline" or "gay timeline" lol. And I can see the Phandom making it about their sexuality either way—"ooh dnp are playing a girl romancing a girl, tHEY MUST BE GAY" or "ooh dnp are romancing a boy, tHEY MUST LIKE BOYS", y'know? So I wouldn't really look into it/worry about it. But yeah, I would love love love if they played LIS! Aah. Probably will never happen but I can still dream.
I think an ISG would be possible and tbh I'm in the mood for one. Usually I find ISG annoying but I feel strangely inspired to rewatch some RN. And the possibility of a mental health video is really interesting! I hope he knows that he probably wouldn't offend anyone as long as he had good intentions (re: his mini-rant in his liveshow about the possibility of a MI video).
parallel
phabergé

Appa
dank meme

emerald wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:34 pm
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
DatCog
blobfish

Perhaps a Dan mental health video isn't out of the question tomorrow. Good on him for raising awareness - I didn't know that tomorrow was World Mental Health day.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

So this forum can pinpoint a restaurant in Singapor based on a photo of a drink but no one knew it was Mental Health Day tomorrow? :lol: (I didn't know either, not blaming anyone!)

It's so great Dan is tweeting about this, and I guess releasing a video too <3 . Now... do I know anything yellow? I really don't like the colour.

edit: @DatCog wth is your profile pic? And how have I never seen that photo :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I definitely think the video will be mental health related now. I wasn't really behind that theory, but I also wasn't aware that the date had any significance to mental health issues.

But even if it isn't, I'm really proud of Dan for this being an issue that he's putting his name behind. It's personal to him, it's personal to his audience (and I think he knows that), and he's using his platform to make a difference.
DatCog
blobfish

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:37 pm
edit: @DatCog wth is your profile pic? And how have I never seen that photo :lol:
Ah I found it while wandering around Dan's instagram! I love their faces :love2:
Appa
dank meme

fancybum
senpai

Appa wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:47 pm
Ah well, grumble grumble etc. Yay a mental health vid.. can't wait to hear about how everything he said is wrong and offensive because it won't apply to everyone because it's either too vague or too specific or he makes jokes.. whee...
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alch
ar·tic·u·late

fancybum wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:52 pm
Ah well, grumble grumble etc. Yay a mental health vid.. can't wait to hear about how everything he said is wrong and offensive because it won't apply to everyone because it's either too vague or too specific or he makes jokes.. whee...
Same here, excited for the video, less for the inevitable wave of backlash
queerofcups
spork
Pronouns: they | them

Appa wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:47 pm
lol took the words right out of my head
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m so happy he’s doing this, his first tweets were sweet enough (I did know about the day, just, I was so far ahead because I’d just watched Beckie talk about it). In the light of all the discussion about a potential video on this subject, I’m proud of him for doing it even if he jokes about it a bit (I know he didn’t necessarily see any of that, but he knows it’s out there in general). He might not seem to be in a position where he’d lose anything over it, while if I did it under my real I might never get a job interview again, and I see a lot of people praising high-profile people for using their platform like this, but it is a pretty brave thing to do.
Ablissa
pastel persona

alch wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:09 pm
I'm so scared of the backlash ngl. I feel like this is a personal one for Dan. I hope he listens to the positive comments instead of the whiny ones.
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

flarequake wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:17 pm I’m so happy he’s doing this, his first tweets were sweet enough (I did know about the day, just, I was so far ahead because I’d just watched Beckie talk about it). In the light of all the discussion about a potential video on this subject, I’m proud of him for doing it even if he jokes about it a bit (I know he didn’t necessarily see any of that, but he knows it’s out there in general). He might not seem to be in a position where he’d lose anything over it, while if I did it under my real I might never get a job interview again, and I see a lot of people praising high-profile people for using their platform like this, but it is a pretty brave thing to do.
I think it's important to remember that this video, even if he makes it into a sketch-type thing, isn't like anything under his branding. Even his most ""serious"" videos are never about anything this heavy. Mental health is still seen as a very soft, very sensitive thing to talk about, and that's just not the sort of stuff Dan makes. So whilst it's not going to damage his career, this video is a very, very big thing for him, and it could very easily be seen as a risk. As people have mentioned as well, there is no way he's going to satisfy everybody. Outside of the phandom drama, he could easily get accusations of playing it up for the camera, or for doing a sob story/clickbait. He could mess up some phrasing, or any number of little errors. He could also really end up regretting the video in a weeks time, in a months time.

Yes, his finances are safe, his livelihood is safe, but this video is still a very big thing for the man that's only really started opening up about his mental health, his thoughts and feelings etc, the last year or so. This is an incredibly brave thing for him to do.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Just donated, what an amazing cause I’m proud of him for supporting them and helping them. I think his video will be interesting, I sincerely hope he avoids social media if there is a mini backlash like others think there may be, I just hope he recognises that he’ll never make everyone happy because that’s impossible and that people accept that it’s incredibly brave of him to be open and honest about mental health issues and support him.
fondsmiles
phabergé

coming out of my inactive cave to
1) have missed an apparently interested discussion that i don't have time to read back on, and
2) MENTAL HEALTH VID!! <3

regardless of everything else, I am 100% sure that he has put a lot of thought into the video, and I am also quite positive that it is in some way personal to him and he's therefore probably nervous to make it. so that alone already makes my heart so warm, that he has decided for the video even though he knows it's a hot topic and will receive backlash regardless of what exactly he does.

my personal hopes are still that he references at least his own experiences and talks about not just struggling, but also a positive outlook/how to get help (which i am quite positive about now after those tweets).
eeeeep i am excited and nervous and proud!!
[x]
[x]
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I'm proud of Dan for making a video about (his) mental health :love1: , though like others I'm dreading the comments that he is going to get on it. Hopefully he is prepared for that.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Still nervous about this. Could be great, could be a trainwreck :shrug:

Honestly the only thing I really want from this video is for him to finally provide context to his (old?) 'brand' of using dark and depressing humor as a coping mechanism. I've said it before, but while it's 'relatable' for me personally I do think that the way Dan has treated these things in the past has contributed to the normalization and romanticization of negative self image and other thoughts like that to a young audience. Not on purpose, but as he never provided context it just kinda happened imo. I'd like for him to get real about that for a sec.

I also wonder if he'll address the progression that he implies to have made several times and what that means because he usually doesn't let any of that translate into videos and everything has been more stagnant there.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Ablissa wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:25 pm
alch wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:09 pm
I'm so scared of the backlash ngl. I feel like this is a personal one for Dan. I hope he listens to the positive comments instead of the whiny ones.
I hope to god people are respectful. I have no doubt that we will be here, but outside of this bubble, I hope others will be as well. Obviously we've had a number of discussions on this topic before and we've generally been respectful of one another. I echo previous sentiments. Excited for the video, nervous for the potential backlash.

BUT I am so proud?? of Dan. I've been on a mental health journey of my own recently and it's so hard to talk about. So I am sooo proud of him. My heart is full. <3
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
liola
rankussy

So so proud of Dan. I was already proud of him for using his platform to spread awareness, and I think how brave he is to talk about mental health to a reach of 6M of people, when people like me can barely get the words out of their mouth to a trusty friend.

I was aware of the date, I've been working the courage to get my first therapy session and thought how fitting it was that I have the first appointment the week of mental health awareness day. It warms my heart that he's stepping out and using his voice for this.

Going to donate tomorrow, I sadly don't have anything even resembling yellow but I will spread the voice as well like I try to do. I hope he posts tomorrow, but part of me also hope he doesn't. It would give his video even more of a boost and I'm afraid of the backslash he could get. Either way, I'm so so happy that he's actually doing it - not even as a viewer, but because I think this might be cathartic for him
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
SneakyLizard
butt chair

Dan's a smart lad, and has had his audience turn on him before, I'm sure. The internet is a fickle mistress. I've only been around since March, but he seems to know the general body of people who watch him fairly well so I'm hoping he is prepared for a mixed reaction.

I personally (while nervous on his behalf) am very very proud of him. This stuff is not easy to talk about on any level but especially when it's personal, and the fact that he wants to says a lot for his maturity and compassion. It will be interesting to see how he puts it together, because anything very different from his usual style is going to be a bit jarring.

I am sure that whatever he says/however he approaches this it'll be with only the best intentions and I hope it goes over well.
we walk among you
autumnhearth
senpai

I'm really looking forward to this and yes, also very proud of him. :love1:

I just had my first appointment today to finally start addressing my anxiety and depression. Aww yay liola :love2:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Not sure if everyone here is reading all of Dan's twitter replies, but here's some relevant ones:
And bonus :cheese: Also, the rest of the replies seem extra lovely today :love1:
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i'm excited for the video, partly just interested to see what his take on the topic will be, and partly because i'm confident he could do a good video on mental health. i think i'll pass on the discussion about it though and stay clear of tumblr for a few hours -- if he fucks up big time then sure, i'll probably have opinions on it too and then it's also of course a good thing if there's a critical reception, but i think if i personally feel like he did a good job on it i'll just let others do the discussing for me.
thank's you were great