Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Image Image

also...

:bat: welcome to spooky week thread 2017 :bat:

src 1 & src 2
vincentian
hobbit hair

leaveimreading wrote:
obscureDnPreference wrote:
(I know there is a super important convo happening here but here's a super average Phil + food tweet)
edit bc I didn't realize how tiny font size 'tiny' was.
theres a theory that they tweeted a bunch of predictions when they went on private and then deleted the untrue ones and went public again, but this is still interesting
Clearly Phil and Janice’s secret second child hacked d&p’s social media and is now spoiling all their scheduled content. :happytyper: :illuminati:

I’m not usually participating in anything that isn’t centered around d&p’s content, but I’ve read all of posts on the recent important discussion that was/is happening. It made me realize lots of things, not the least being how nuanced this whole issue is. kuensukki’s posts were especially eye-opening for me. Thank you guys, at least one person’s perspective was broadened. :thanks:
katemko
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

just woke up, caught up to what's going on. oh man i love twitter.
so two things i realized: i was explaining to my mom what's going on (she was converted about two years ago lol)
and she had no clue about pdp or that they were even with him. made me realize that casual viewers have no clue this party happened. people would have only found that blog post and that picture from updatedphan, and i don't think casual viewers keep up with stuff like this as avidly as we do. only us, people who have dedicated time to their content, know that they were even there in the first place, so i dunno if i personally can really say that they're telling a huge audience what he did was okay, because really only a small portion of their subscribers know that they were there with him.

secondly, i saw some who said that them not attending wouldn't have jeopardized friendships with pj/sophie/etc because they don't see them that often anyway. which i personally disagree with. i have friends going to college in other states and who will prob have christmas parties when they come home in december. am i gonna drop everything to go to their parties because i can literally never see them otherwise? hell yeah. my point is, i think the fact that they almost never see marzia/pj is more motivation to attend the party than to not.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
Light02
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

FML, I just wrote a gigantic post about the Pewdiepie issue and when I tried to post it the old thread was locked and it got deleted :cry: Guess I'll just try to rewrite the whole thing then.
This conversation is opening up old wounds for me. You see, back when I was 14 (which, incidentally, was the worst year of my life) I was obessed with Pewdiepie. I loved his channel, I loved his videos, I loved him. I can honestly say I was way more invested in him than I've ever been in Dan and Phil. I thought he was a kind, sweet, lovely person. That was 5 years ago. For the past two(?) years he's been doing all this shit and I experienced what I think a lot of you are experiencing right now with D&P. I left "The Bro Army" a couple of months before the whole "death to all jews" thing because prior to that his channel had been getting edgier and edgier and I felt crushed that this guy that I loved so much was turning into a major douchebag right before my eyes. Even now I am oddly defensive of him. For a long time I excused his behaviour with "he's not really racist/sexist/whatever, he just likes offensive "edgy" humour." But then I checked out the comments he currently gets and oh boy. His current fandom is definitely oversaturated with those alt-right fuckers and he, through his videos, is validating their bigotry. It's honestly sickening.

That being said, I have always been good at "distancing the art from the artist" as someone said. I live in an incredibly racist and queerphobic country and if I couldn't separate people's personal qualities from their fucked up views, I would literally never have any friends ever. So I can find someone to be a total douche and still watch their content if I like it. I don't watch Felix's videos anymore, though because I'm not interested in alt-right type humour. What I'm trying to say is that it would take them doing something far worse, in order for me to stop watching D&P's channels. I don't blame them for remaining friends with Felix, offline he's probably still a nice guy (especially to other white men, I guess). But I really, really want at least Dan to address Felix's disgusting behaviour and acknowledge how problematic it is and also give us an explanation as to why they still hang out with him. If he doesn't I'd be very angry and disappointed but I'd still watch their videos.
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Gonna slightly change the subject (and probably distract myself from the thread name, it will haunt me forever, so probs a good one for spooky week) buuuuut is there gonna be a Danny liveshow today?
allsaintshowell

dan's on younow about to go live!

edit: joint ls!!!
Image Image
tigertatze
living flop

"we got a lot of requests to play with other youtubers" why am I afraid they're actually gonna make a video playing truth bombs with pdp now (didn't people on twitter tell them to play it with him and marzia?) :?
If they're making a video with him I'll have to actually unstan :backawayslowly:
I was kind of positive about it when Dan mentioned it in the last live stream just cause I wasn't expecting him to address it ever and was surprised but the more I thought about it and then after that picture and all the discussion here I just get more and more upset about it.... and especially all the people not just excusing them hanging out with pdp but actually excusing pdp himself :sideeye:
#nohetero
parallel
phabergé

Dan understood the "can Phil express an opinion" reference and I am now more convinced that he stalks the Phandom... :illuminati:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Anybody else feeling like the awkward third wheel at dinner with a couple who's fighting behind the scenes?

I'm not implying that Dan and Phil are fighting btw, moreso that this live show is a total mess. And Dan is like... manic and... all the topics are super shallow and I just keeping thinking "what is going on?" to myself.
parallel
phabergé

rizzo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 pm Anybody else feeling like the awkward third wheel at dinner with a couple who's fighting behind the scenes?

I'm not implying that Dan and Phil are fighting btw, moreso that this live show is a total mess. And Dan is like... manic and... all the topics are super shallow and I just keeping thinking "what is going on?" to myself.
I definitely get this. It feels kind of awkward, but that might just be because of how tense the Phandom's been lately.
quercussp
living flop

rizzo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 pm Anybody else feeling like the awkward third wheel at dinner with a couple who's fighting behind the scenes?

I actually don't get that feeling at all and I'm super mad because if it was another time I would be very much enjoying this liveshow :/
onetruetrash
blobfish

If Dan and Phil do a video with Felix, they may as well say goodbye to a good chunk of their fanbase. I've never seen so many people ready to unstan someone, so a video with him would be the nail in the coffin.
tigertatze
living flop

998274 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:20 pm

I actually don't get that feeling at all and I'm super mad because if it was another time I would be very much enjoying this liveshow :/
I actually turned it off because I was just getting annoyed.. if this ls had happened last week I'd be all here for it but rn I don't want it :|
#nohetero
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I enjoyed the live show! Missed a couple couple of minutes in the middle but it felt very refreshing. And I find it adorable that Phil's testing the recipes before filming the video. Guess the macarons were too much of a fail?

And there obviously won't be a video with PDP. They aren't that ignorant.
(If I make a Twitter account and say it there, is there a higher chance you'll believe me?)
Ablissa
pastel persona

I didn't get the impression that something was wrong. They were cute and mostly talking to themselves, I liked the bit with Dan interrupting Phil, it was cute. They are acting like an old married couple.
But they didn't say anything about Felix... I wasn't truly hoping for it, but...

Is saying nothing better than saying the wrong thing? Yes, but I still wanted them to address it somehow. :/

EDIT: I am SURE they wouldn't make a vid with felix. Let's give them a little credit at least.
If they do, then call me out. But I really think they wouldn't. They went there for a party, not to film.
Last edited by Ablissa on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was such a nice live stream, even though it did make me feel like a third wheel at times.
It also made me even more excited for Spooky Week.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

i actually found the ls extremely cute, i loved their interactions and moods. it was just the mood booster i needed
Ewok
rainbow nerd

I have mixed feelings. I felt really tense watching this liveshow after all the discussion here. Something just felt strange. Dan seemed like he was in a mood to me. Came off a bit irritable at times. Dunno. Too tired to think much harder about it. (edit: this may just be because I'm cranky af today, but some moments I was just so :sideeye: at Dan.)

The only positive thing I can pick up on right now is all the "we" throughout this live show. I feel like every other word is just "we this" or "we that". Which was pretty cute. Their lives are so intertwined and I just think it's sweet.

Also, holy shit their internet connection is awful.
Last edited by Ewok on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
malday
emo goose

Yes, Dan seemed to be rushing and over talking and making faces.
ijustwantdeath
squish

malday wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Yes, Dan seemed to be rushing and over talking and making faces.
dan had the audacity to bring up the topic of representation when it came to some stupid fucking horror movie but not address the felix issue? seriously what the fuck

also is great british bake off still the reason for them reducing their live-shows down to 40mins or is that just the new norm now?
fun fun fun
liola
rankussy

Oh god I thought I was the only one. I joke about them flirting on camera a lot but that really seemed couply bickering with a layer of awkwardness knowing they're being watched. The whole Buffy made Phil quiver was top notch third wheeling for me, I cringed from second-hand embarrassment. :garbage:

It was a very..random live show? They talked for 45 minutes and yet I feel like they said nothing at all. I don't mind, they made me laugh out loud quite a few times which is honestly what I needed, but I guess the tense atmosphere in the phandom was making me expect something negative I guess.

Halloween baking confirmed and filled with sugar, I wonder if it'll be the new era of post baking universe? Though at this point I wonder how much more open they can be without straight out confirm it.

I love how Phil talked about why Dan got half of the credit for the game even though it was originally his idea, the cute story about their premiere traditions and mentioning the movie dates.. I sometimes like to entertain the idea they have partners and wonder how the fuck would someone even fit in between how tied up with each other they are. I mean they live together and go to the cinema like every week and Dan gets frappuccinos for both of them like it's not even a question <3
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
auri

I don't know what i think of that ls. The Star Wars bit was adorable but at the same time it seemed like the only natural part of it? But it was fiine. A lot of Truth Bomb talk, and as always Riverdale and Stranger Things (i don't watch either of those so i can't really be bothered). But yea, nice, i think. I need to rewatch it when I'm not having a Bad Day™.

I'm not too excited about the spooky week tbh, bc i can't really watch the really scary games at all, i get too afraid of them. But maybe I'll try this time. And hopefully the baking is gonna be a liiittle bit better than easter baking was, haha.
sugar
eclipse shirt

i disappeared from idb while following my favorite band round on tour in the uk but as a result of that i'm now stuck in bed recovering from surgery on the arm i broke there so what better time than now to catch up. (you'll have to excuse any typos, only having one hand to type with can be a real bitch.)

i don't want to fully get into the felix convo because i think eeryone has said everything i could say, much more eloquently. i do think that continuing to interact with him is wrong, but i do think they're in a difficult situation, as publicly denouncing him could be damaging to their careers. they probably think that as long as they know he's in the wrong it's ok. not sure where i'm going with this but yes, i think it's totally reasonable for people to unstan over this. i've heard people call it petty and i don't agree. i'm just more along the lines of being able to enjoy something while still being critical of it. they've fucked up and i won't just brush it off, but i think the good outweighs the bad for me so i'm still able to enjoy their content.

i don't, however, think they're stupid enough to make a video with him. i don't see that happening.

i loved this ls, didn't get any bad vibes from it at all. their interaction continues to please me and i'm looking forward to the videos this week. if anything they just seemed amped and/or excited. maybe leftover adrenaline from the spooky game they'd just played. but i didn't feel any tension. and i don't think they usually talk about anything of substance in joint liveshows anyway, that's more of a solo dan thing imo so nothing seemed off to me.
dancy
procrastinator

Honestly, what a disappointing liveshow :/ It didn't feel personal at all and I didn't find it particularly interesting apart from a couple of cute moments. A shame because I really enjoyed the last joint liveshow they did in August, I even downloaded it on my phone and have rewatched it many times while on the train or the subway. And they didn't bother to mention Marzia's birthday at all..
I should've seen that coming but it still bothers me :sideeye:
plastictrees
drama llama

Hi all! Long time lurker etc etc...

one thing that crossed my mind RE the Felix discussion is if they are truely ‘out’ to Melix, maybe they’re afraid of the backlash that they could get if they did outright reject Felix? If they made it clear they don’t want to associate with him, he is very powerful and as we’ve seen some of the gross things he’s capable of i wouldn’t put it pass him to out someone without their permission in revenge, and he’s big enough a lot of people would listen. Not trying to excuse anyone’s behaviour, just voicing a thought i had!

Other than that loved the live show - particularly the reference to the opinion thing that dan got :D Definitely cut down to 40 mins ish though...