Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

I'm actually looking into shows and its so hard to plan with so little time for dates that are so far away, this is why tours always stress me out ;_;

I hate that I HAVE to travel if I wanna go, even though it means I might meet people.

I'm currently looking at the Stockholm show just so I can meet one of my internet best friends, but it seems like the UK shows will have lots of IDB people and that sounds nice ;_; I'm so torn and I wanna know MORE!

I also wonder if they'll upload anything in between now and Tuesday, If they start lacking videos to give space to the tour before it even starts I'm gonna cry :rofl:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

I was thinking that maybe they'll upload new Sims today or (more likely) tomorrow and then tour info on Tuesday? They did promide us Sims and I mean, that's content i guess.
dancy
procrastinator

Phil said there'll be "a lil trailer and a live stream with more info on Tuesday" but I'm not sure whether he means both of those will be on Tuesday or whether it's just referring to the livestream and the trailer might come out before that. I mean, wouldn't it make sense to release a trailer before the tickets go on sale? It could convince people who are still hesitating over whether they should go or not and you kinda wanna know more about a show before you buy tickets for it, right?
000dia000
emo goose

I think I might actually go :hmmm: even if the price range is kind of expensive. I don't care to meet them though.
:cactus:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Haven't been on recently due to uni but wow... another tour? Here comes another drought ;) (half joking half terrified)
DatCog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 pm
Ablissa wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm The venue for Poland only has 670 seats. Very tiny! Are the venues where you're at bigger, or small too?
My local venue in Plymouth is 2,500 - I'm jealous of anyone able to go to a small venue!
No way really? So is mine! Are you from Plymouth if you mind me asking? They went there for TATINOF in 2015(?) and I literally got into them a few days after they went. I was gutted. I'm questioning whether to get tickets or not because I don't know if anyone will go with me. :rofl:
:biflag: :blackheart:
DatCog
blobfish

lishachi wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:28 pm Haven't been on recently due to uni but wow... another tour? Here comes another drought ;) (half joking half terrified)
DatCog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 pm
Ablissa wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm The venue for Poland only has 670 seats. Very tiny! Are the venues where you're at bigger, or small too?
My local venue in Plymouth is 2,500 - I'm jealous of anyone able to go to a small venue!
No way really? So is mine! Are you from Plymouth if you mind me asking? They went there for TATINOF in 2015(?) and I literally got into them a few days after they went. I was gutted. I'm questioning whether to get tickets or not because I don't know if anyone will go with me. :rofl:

Wooo a fellow westcountry IDB-er!! :platonic: No, not from Plymouth but near Exeter so it’s certainly the nearest show. Feeling a bit stressed as desperately want to go but worried about practicalities, finances etc :(
fancybum
senpai

malday wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:04 am Good luck to those going! I'd have to travel to a different country, and i can't afford it, and even if i did i couldn't compete for tickets, which from accounts from those who have been to the previous tour, disappear in minutes.
All i have to look forward too is a content drought. It's times like these i wish i did some self-preservation and didn't get too invested.
Meeeee. Minus the different country part, but flights to any of the 3 places here they're going to are like +$500, never mind adding in tickets/accommodation on top of that. And this looks like something I would've enjoyed more than tatinof.
Damn, are any other intense fandoms hiring atm..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

okay y’all have convinced me and I think I might try to go to the Leeds show, it’s a pretty small venue which is cool but I’ve found it awkward for shows, I saw Ross Noble there and could hardly see him because the seats on the floor are all on level ground and the stage is not that big and I’m 5”10 so just a heads up in case anyone wanted to know about that venue or was deciding between that and Manchester :thumb:
saffarinda
truth bomb

I said this in the sub-forum but I’ll say it here as well - I’m hoping to get VIP tickets to the Birmingham show but I really don’t wanna go on my own like I did with TATINOF (watching the show on my own was awkward enough, but going to VIP and being there for an extra two hours on my own would be aRghh).

I was hoping to make a twitter gc, so if anyone was planning on going DM me @nihilistphan on twitter and hopefully we can all meetup :’)
25/04/2017 - #blessed
hello9217
flower crown

Hello fellow Houston peeps. I just got into dan and phil back in March so I wasn't here for Tatinof. I'm now thinking about the Sugarland show though. I will be 21 by then and have no one irl that would go with me but it could be really fun. Plus I don't really care about meeting them, I think just being in the same venue as them will be surreal. A couple of days ago when they announced the tour I immediately thought that it's not for me but now I'm actually really excited :D
allsaintshowell

tfw u don't know what dates u can go to in the uk bc ur study abroad program hasn't given u the mandatory program trip dates yet and u don't know what dates u can go to in the states bc u don't know where u'll be interning this summer :sarcasticclap: i genuinely want to buy vip for my bday show in glasgow but i don't know if i can go yet and i'm just ahhhhhhhhh!!

i'm excited to see them and i know it'll work out, but i want vip for at least one date and trying to figure out which ones i might be able to do is kiiiiiiiiilling me
Image Image
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

So, in anticipation for the tour, I went back and read some of the threads from when they were doing tatinof

things I am looking forward to again:
· cute and creative meet-and-greet photos! :D
· living vicariously through the people who go

things I am not looking forward to:
· any version of Busgate again :|
· deps becoming string beans again (I worry!)
:lion: :prideflag:
hello9217
flower crown

dailybooth wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:35 pm So, in anticipation for the tour, I went back and read some of the threads from when they were doing tatinof

things I am looking forward to again:
· cute and creative meet-and-greet photos! :D
· living vicariously through the people who go

things I am not looking forward to:
· any version of Busgate again :|
· deps becoming string beans again (I worry!)
Same. I hope they learned from last time and stay healthy while on tour. They just lost so much weight. I hope Phil doesn't get as sick as well.
liola
rankussy

So I took a nap and had a demon dream which is the first time it happens so I'm gonna share it with you because it relates to busgate lmao
So I think I was still wondering about Dan's weird wording of the announcement and the fact it sounded like he knew we knew about tour already and the whole "get it out the way" let me wondering. And I guess I was also wondering if it's challenging to be on stage for two hours with questions and stuff prompted from fans that could go in any direction and if it's ever a source of stress for them to be in damage control all the time, to not let something slip out their confrol bubble they created.

Anyway I dreamed that Tuesday's liveshow was them being overexcited and sappy for this new tour and then when someone asked what are the surprising stories we're gonna hear on tour all of a sudden they got all smiley and shy and were like "this is why we needed to get it out of the way, so that while being honest with you now we can also be honest on stage" and basically showed themselves holding hands.

And then i woke up.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:41 pm So I took a nap and had a demon dream which is the first time it happens so I'm gonna share it with you because it relates to busgate lmao
So I think I was still wondering about Dan's weird wording of the announcement and the fact it sounded like he knew we knew about tour already and the whole "get it out the way" let me wondering. And I guess I was also wondering if it's challenging to be on stage for two hours with questions and stuff prompted from fans that could go in any direction and if it's ever a source of stress for them to be in damage control all the time, to not let something slip out their confrol bubble they created.

Anyway I dreamed that Tuesday's liveshow was them being overexcited and sappy for this new tour and then when someone asked what are the surprising stories we're gonna hear on tour all of a sudden they got all smiley and shy and were like "this is why we needed to get it out of the way, so that while being honest with you now we can also be honest on stage" and basically showed themselves holding hands.

And then i woke up.
this dream is too pure and sweet, i can't. if they were gonna do anything like that it would be phil phrasing something innocuous in a weirdly sexual way and dan making it into a hilariously kinky joke - but he phrases it like it's about them does this even make sense? whatever you probably get what i mean point being they're nowhere near cute enough to do that
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Twitter posts by the boys today
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
sarmstr2

Phil Lester, ladies and gentleman. King of Comedy.
mamaphan
delia smith

Hello Loves,
I know I haven’t posted much but I always catch up with what’s happing here. And wow so many topics and I have to say I have learned so much by being part of a diverse group of people. You all make me a better person. I just turned 41 and it makes me feel better knowing I am not alone. But I do have to say to all the young ones here how much it means to me that you all share you ideas and thoughts because it helps me to see things in a new light, I am so thankful for you so please don’t ever feel like your too young or too old to post because we all have something special to add to IDB.
As for the tour I might go to the Rosemont show, and I probably will go alone but I’m totally fine with that. I do wish sometimes that Dan and Phil were a little more organized like we need to see the trailer or at least talk to us and tell us about the tour. But it’s really amazing cause they would probably sell
out regardless.

I’m sorry to all of you that can’t go to the show whether it’s money or distance but when tatifof happened it was an adventure just reading in here and experiencing it as an observer. And I’m sure some of it will be filmed.
Sorry for my rambling

:love2: Love and Hugs :love2:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i'm not 100% sure that i'll be going to the tour (even if there are locations near me like, georgia, florida and texas) bc i'm a broke ass college student, but, if i do, is there anyone else here who might be going to the georgia, florida, or texas locations? those are the only ones remotely close to me in the us. if i can end up going, by some miracle, then.. if any of you go, i hope to see you there!
:transheart:
rainydays
sofa crease

liola wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:03 pm I'm actually looking into shows and its so hard to plan with so little time for dates that are so far away, this is why tours always stress me out ;_;
I hate that I HAVE to travel if I wanna go, even though it means I might meet people.
I'm currently looking at the Stockholm show just so I can meet one of my internet best friends, but it seems like the UK shows will have lots of IDB people and that sounds nice ;_; I'm so torn and I wanna know MORE!
Oh, I feel you. I said that I didn't care about going to the show, but now that I know it's not going to be like tatinof, I think I would really enjoy it and I kinda want to go :(
I've been looking into flights and, although Berlin is the closest city, that date doesn't work for me at all (bc of uni and exams..). I think the only feasible one for me would be the London show (or maybe the Liverpool one), but I'm already going to London at the end of June bc my parents got me tickets for Hamilton for my birthday back in January. Flying to the UK twice in the span of less than two months is INSANITY. I do technically have the money, as I've been saving up, but I don't know if I want to spend it this way. I'm in need of a new laptop, which is definitely a wiser investment than a show, so I'm torn. Arrgh, why do we have to live in a country where nobody ever comes?
I wish we had more time to decide and plan, but the London tickets especially will sell out fast, so I'll have to make up my mind soon. I'm already stressed. :headdesk1:
blackdenim
procrastinator

Lucyrg95 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:41 pm okay y’all have convinced me and I think I might try to go to the Leeds show, it’s a pretty small venue which is cool but I’ve found it awkward for shows, I saw Ross Noble there and could hardly see him because the seats on the floor are all on level ground and the stage is not that big and I’m 5”10 so just a heads up in case anyone wanted to know about that venue or was deciding between that and Manchester :thumb:
I dunno if the seats were set out different for Ross Noble, but I went to the Leeds TATINOF (which was also at the Town Hall) and was on the floor about half way back and could see everything really clearly (I’m 5’9”). So hopefully it’ll be the same layout and you’ll get a good view!
DatCog
blobfish

Hey, I'm still stressing about getting tickets on Tuesday! Posted this on the general tour discussion thread but I don't think anyone is looking in there. Is there anyone with kids who did VIP for Tatinof who might know??
VIP tickets: I saw missemma's post last night on the main thread saying that there might be a 2 ticket limit on these per order. Has anyone seen any info about what the restrictions are likely to be? I have a 12 year old who is too young to go on her own, do I also need a VIP ticket to stay with her? Her older sister isn't old enough to accompany her. I'm not personally bothered about the VIP experience although I'd love to see my daughters meet the boys and take their photos. 3 x VIP tickets will be too much for me financially :(
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

DatCog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:58 pm Hey, I'm still stressing about getting tickets on Tuesday! Posted this on the general tour discussion thread but I don't think anyone is looking in there. Is there anyone with kids who did VIP for Tatinof who might know??
VIP tickets: I saw missemma's post last night on the main thread saying that there might be a 2 ticket limit on these per order. Has anyone seen any info about what the restrictions are likely to be? I have a 12 year old who is too young to go on her own, do I also need a VIP ticket to stay with her? Her older sister isn't old enough to accompany her. I'm not personally bothered about the VIP experience although I'd love to see my daughters meet the boys and take their photos. 3 x VIP tickets will be too much for me financially :(
Butting in here solely based on the experience of having seen this at the meet and greet I went to, there were definitely parents accompanying minors there. What happened with the group ahead of me is that the mom just told Marianne what she was there for and Marianne let her stand there watching while the kids met Dan and Phil. (And they did say hi to the mom too, she just didn't get a picture or anything autographed or a goodie bag.)
DatCog
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:01 pm
DatCog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:58 pm Hey, I'm still stressing about getting tickets on Tuesday! Posted this on the general tour discussion thread but I don't think anyone is looking in there. Is there anyone with kids who did VIP for Tatinof who might know??
Butting in here solely based on the experience of having seen this at the meet and greet I went to, there were definitely parents accompanying minors there. What happened with the group ahead of me is that the mom just told Marianne what she was there for and Marianne let her stand there watching while the kids met Dan and Phil. (And they did say hi to the mom too, she just didn't get a picture or anything autographed or a goodie bag.)
Thank you :love2:

This is exactly what I'd hope would happen! I'd love to say hi to them - my girls will almost certainly point out to them that I'm also a fan which will be both cute and embarrassing for me - but I don't need the bag, selfie, autographs etc. If I get VIPs for my girls and a normal ticket for me, I guess I'll have to sit separately from them in the theatre?
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

so i guess this means gaming livestream in about 20 minutes