Netherlands - Amsterdam Rai - 2nd June

Flomy
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

missemma wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm See you there guys! Bought tickets for both shows, did try for VIP but was sold out instantly, but not bothered, least we are going! We should deffo hang out and go to a bar or something!
I didn't even think of this but now I wanna go to both shows too. :lol:
aralik
sad dimple

loonyradish wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm Ah omg, I'm so glad the stress is finally over :lol:
Got a normal ticket in row 9 and super happy with it!! though I paid twice as much as I intended

Looking forward to meet y'all!
i paid 3 times as much as i intended :roll:
i got a seat at row 10 and i'll be there alone. let's defo meet beforehand at the venue so i don't feel like an old weirdo :lol:
ugh.
Sterrex
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hey
I bought a ticket to the evening show and i am going alone. I live 2 hours from Amsterdam, so i’ve been to Amsterdam a couple of times, but i don’t know the city by heart.
I have never used this site before, so i don’t know how this works 😅 but if someone wants to meet up and maybe make it a nice day in Amsterdam that would be great!
I’m going alone so meeting up with people would definitely make me feel less like an idiot 😅
I’m 19 btw, for anyone who is wondering.
So yeah, contact me :) i’m always open to meeting new people :)
bee
phabergé

Edit: NEVERMIND I BOUGHT A TICKET. I'm going to the matinee one and I'm going alone as well & definitely up to meeting beforehand! :yippee:
Meikerd
smol bean

I got tickets for the 20:00 one and I'm going alone! Let's meet and hang in Amsterdam!! :)
citizen_erased
truth bomb

msbluesky wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:54 pm I've got a ticket to matinee show! :D

I actually studied the floor plan before, but I definitely didn't expect that so many seats were classified as first class. So, that threw me off a bit. Now I've got a first row balcony seat, which cost more money than I orginally wanted to spent, but yeah...

I'm going alone, so I'm up for meeting for people!
yay someone else with a matinee balcony ticket! :platonic:

I'm also going alone! So I'm up for meeting people, maybe grab dinner together?
emmaP
phillion/danosaur <//3

I got a VIP ticket for the matinee, whooo! Anyone else going to the first M&G who wants to hang out?
dancy
procrastinator

I managed to get a VIP ticket for the evening show! I'll have to show up at 16:45 though, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to eat dinner that day :/
misakichan274
delia smith
Pronouns: she/they

I got a ticket for the matinee as well! The cheaper tickets got sold out so fast so I had to spend more than twice as much :( trying to convince myself that it'll be worth seeing them perform live ;)
I'm definitely up for a meet up before/ after and any sightseeing too!
Rae55
not a first-time poster

Hi everyone! I managed to get a ticket for the evening show :D , I'd be down to meet up with other people before as I'm going alone as well.
human
dan hand trash

Ticketmaster hated this date lol it crashed on me with the first pair of tickets I had and had to go in and get more. So excited to be going back to the ‘dam, it’s quicker to fly there than it is for me to commute to my job from home lol. Cheaper too, believe it or not. Crazy.

Excited! Both shows avec @missemma.
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

I'm going to the matinee (not VIP), and as I've said, would like a little meetup. Maybe me and other loners going to the matinee who want to meet up could have lunch somewhere beforehand?

Let me know if you're up for it!
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I was just rewatching the Truth Bombs video and I had this brilliant idea that we should meet up in the afternoon (sorry, matinee people) and play that game together! I remember a lot of people said in the main thread that they don't really have anyone to play with, so wouldn't that be fun? :D
ProcrastinatorIDB
not a first-time poster

Hey guys!
I've just bought a ticket! I can't wait! :D
I went back to full time stanning Dan and Phil in 2018. But by then the available tickets were a little out of my price range.. but thank heavens for resellers :stan:

I'm going alone, I'm 27 years old(but don't like to admit it :facepalm2: ) and would love to meet up with other DnP fans:) I'm from the Netherlands but from the other side of the country so I'll probably book an airbnb or something. I saw a few similar posts about meet-ups, are there any plans already?

Can't believe the tour starts so soon!before you know it, it'll be june 2nd!! (I'm excited, can ya tell?!)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Welcome fellow Dutchie! :platonic: I'm 25, and there'll be older people there so don't worry about your age :love2:

Nothing has been planned yet as far as I know, but I would still love a meetup. It might be tricky because people have tickets to either the matinee or the evening show (or in some cases both) but I'm sure we'll figure something out. I'll post some basic info here now:

Rai Amsterdam is a business and convention centre on the outskirts of the city, so you're not in the city center. If you wanna go to or from the city center it's easy to do though, infrastructure is great and you can go by train, bus, metro and tram all within 30 minutes. Business districts are boring on weekends, so definitely make the most of that if you can. For a central meet up location it's probably better to stick to a location near the venue though, I'm gonna try and visit soon so that I can see what options there are. The foyer of the theater is only available one hour before the show, so we gotta be a bit more creative than that.

For food, if you want a quick fast food meal you probably need to go elsewhere because there's nothing around if I remember correctly. Station Zuid is only one train station further and has a lot of options, but I'm also not sure how many of those are open on weekends. Or you can obviously go into the city. I don't know a lot of lunch places in that area but there probably are some. I know one, can't remember the name though. I'm v helpful I know :thumb:

If you wanna go for a nicer dinner, then there are some places in the direct area. I know some that are open around 4, so perfect for an early dinner for evening show people (but probably still not for VIP people omg y'all gonna starve). The convention center has some restaurants but their opening times are according to demand, and it all pretty expensive for what you get. And if you want to go for drinks after the evening show (or matinee depending on how early you want your alcohol, I don't judge), you'll need to go into the city for the best options.

Any people in the Amsterdam area who can give more info on the area than I can, please do. It's been years since I came here semi frequently and it'll be a few weeks before I can visit.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
citizen_erased
truth bomb

ProcrastinatorIDB wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:08 pm Hey guys!
I've just bought a ticket! I can't wait! :D
I went back to full time stanning Dan and Phil in 2018. But by then the available tickets were a little out of my price range.. but thank heavens for resellers :stan:

I'm going alone, I'm 27 years old(but don't like to admit it :facepalm2: ) and would love to meet up with other DnP fans:) I'm from the Netherlands but from the other side of the country so I'll probably book an airbnb or something. I saw a few similar posts about meet-ups, are there any plans already?

Can't believe the tour starts so soon!before you know it, it'll be june 2nd!! (I'm excited, can ya tell?!)
hi! welcome!

Are you going to the matinee or the evening show? I'm going to the matinee so hopefully I can just find a NS dagkaart somewhere and go home after dinner/in the evening. I do also live on the other side of the country, so I can't stay until really late (hence the matinee, I figured this would be cheaper than actually staying in Amsterdam. Plus I don't like Amsterdam that much.) I don't think there are any plans yet, but June is still a while away so we've got plenty of time to discuss!

Also I'm 28 so don't worry about the age thing!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Thanks for the extensive info, @Catallena!
If anyone has hotel recommendations, I'll gladly hear them. Should book my trip in the next weeks cause it's so! soon! :shock:

If we do want to meet up, we probably have to divide into matinee and evening folks, else it might get too complicated.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Hey guys, I have tickets to the evening show (not VIP) and I'm going alone so I would love to have a meet-up before! I'll be coming from France and I'm also 28, we aren't so rare in the phandom after all ;)

Thanks @Catallena for the info :ribena:

@LtrllySusan I would recommend to book your trip quickly because I just did on Sunday and everything is already either booked or damn expensive :?
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

coffeepenguin wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm @LtrllySusan I would recommend to book your trip quickly because I just did on Sunday and everything is already either booked or damn expensive :?
Good you said that :shock: Damn it looks expensive. Oh well :lol:

Would probably be easiest if we met in a cafe somewhere close to the venue, so we can walk there. Not sure about you guys but I did plenty of queueing in my youth so I'll chill until shortly before the show starts.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Amsterdam hotels are expensive as hell, that's true. I'm not good at recs because I never stay in hotels in Amsterdam and I haven't worked in the industry for years so I'm out of the loop lol. I know that the Holiday Inn and the Novotel at the Rai are very good, although I have no idea about their prices or availability.

btw everyone, please keep in mind that if you wanna go out in the city center after the evening show and you booked in the Rai area, most public transport stops running somwhere after midnight. Make sure you can get back to your hotel safely, either by leaving for that last bus/train/tram/metro on time or taking a taxi. :love2:

For a meet up spot and restaurant/café ideas, there are a lot of options a bit further up the street so no worries about meeting up for lunch, dinner, of coffee. I wish Grand Café was open because it really would be the best and closest central meeting spot for everyone but it isn't. I have no recs aside from @7 which is the place where I got coffee once. It's a good place for lunch (and breakfast!). The red star on the map is where the venue is btw :D

Definitely look up the venue on Amsterdam Rai yourselves to see what's there!

I mentioned Station Zuid in my previous post but a lot is closed during weekend (a graveyard is more alive than a business district on weekends). Unless you really want that Starbucks, don't bother.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I don't have any coffeeshop preference, so I'll just do whatever you guys like.

I remember some wrote that they'd like to do some sightseeing (I guess especially those also from another country). I have some time Saturday afternoon (depends on when we meet) but also Sunday until midday, if anyone wants to go and explore the city with me or show me/us around :D I literally know nothing about Amsterdam and don't know anyone there, but I'm up for an adventure!
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 am I remember some wrote that they'd like to do some sightseeing (I guess especially those also from another country). I have some time Saturday afternoon (depends on when we meet) but also Sunday until midday, if anyone wants to go and explore the city with me or show me/us around :D I literally know nothing about Amsterdam and don't know anyone there, but I'm up for an adventure!
I haven't written about sightseeing yet, but I'm also planning on doing some Saturday afternoon and/or on Sunday as it will be my first time in Amsterdam. I'd love to have company!
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Rae55
not a first-time poster

I made a Skype group, there's only two of us there yet, we're both going to the evening show and would be down to meet up with other people as well. PM me if you want to join :)!

I've never been to Amsterdam before so I'd be down to roam around & grab something to eat before the show starts :).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I obviously won't stop anyone from using a group chat to meet up, but I'd still like general info about meet up options to be in the thread for the sake of accessibility :)

Reminder to my fellow Dutchies that Albert Heijn is selling NS Dagkaarten for €16 until May 13th. Definitely look into this because it could save you a lot of money depending on where you're coming from. Ik had dit eigenlijk net zo goed in het Nederlands kunnen zeggen.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

I'm making a whatsapp group for matinee people, mostly non-vip so far, but depending on the meetup time, we can meet up with VIP people too. Me and @Flomy and @misakichan274 have already discussed doing some lunch beforehand, so please let me know if you want to join!

The wait went really fast for me, I feel like it was January 2 months ago. Part of why I really want to see the date is so that I can stop (trying to) avoid all the spoilers!
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~