Melbourne - Plenary - 19th August

rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: she/her

Ethereal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 am are we sure they are being sold on ticketmaster though?
nope but that's what the sydney show was sold through (or is going to be ??) so maybe. it's the most info we have atm + there's no info on the plenary website either so it's the best we have
tacitus
crusty sponge

They might not be, Ethereal, but even though ticketmaster doesn't know when they're selling them, they do seem to know that they are selling them as they have the event in their records. But if you can find a link at another site, be my guest :D I'm sure it'd save us all from stressing.
rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3

tacitus wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:31 am They might not be, Ethereal, but even though ticketmaster doesn't know when they're selling them, they do seem to know that they are selling them as they have the event in their records. But if you can find a link at another site, be my guest :D I'm sure it'd save us all from stressing.
people have called them too and they seem to know about it, just not when they're being sold etc. so i think for now we can just assume that it's ticketmaster
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

thank you Tacitus for calling again, you are our designated adult. (lol)

why. do. ticketmaster. suck. so. hard.

i have things to do! i'm not near my phone or computer at all times during the day. i'm not even allowed to have my phone *on* me at work. grrr.

to all those doing year 12/uni exams - forget dan and phil, don't let this distract you. re-doing subjects is way more expensive than buying a resold ticket at a later date, haha. take this from an elder who has bombed many exams in her time.
art in avatar by lily
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

mermaid blood wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 am thank you Tacitus for calling again, you are our designated adult. (lol)

why. do. ticketmaster. suck. so. hard.

i have things to do! i'm not near my phone or computer at all times during the day. i'm not even allowed to have my phone *on* me at work. grrr.

to all those doing year 12/uni exams - forget dan and phil, don't let this distract you. re-doing subjects is way more expensive than buying a resold ticket at a later date, haha. take this from an elder who has bombed many exams in her time.
YES! please don't neglect your studies! I'm fortunate that I had my last exam yesterday morning, but instead of worrying too much about deppy tickets, I just studied as much as I could. Failing is not fun. You can't control when the tickets come out but you can work hard to do well on your exams :)

tacitus thanks for doing lots of phone calls! I could never be so brave :oops:
Chibi-chan
smol bean

Phil in his tweet said Ticketmaster so it will most likely go through them. Also How to you make an alert for the event as I would also like to do so thanks :D
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Chibi-chan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:37 am Phil in his tweet said Ticketmaster so it will most likely go through them. Also How to you make an alert for the event as I would also like to do so thanks :D
You have to make an account with Ticketmaster and then put Dan and Phil in your favourites and they will email you when something new to do with them comes out.
Chibi-chan
smol bean

Thank you and will this notify you?
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Chibi-chan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 am Thank you and will this notify you?
Well depends what you mean by notify. On your phone, if you receive notifications from your email app you may be notified. However I know on my Gmail app, Ticketmaster emails get put into my “promotional” folder and I don’t actually get a notification for those emails. So you have to check what your email app does.

I think the Ticketmaster app also will notify if something new comes up with an artist in your favourites.
Chibi-chan
smol bean

Thank you this was really helpful and reduces a bit of the stress :D
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

I downloaded the app but it seems you have to change your email alert preference on desktop - which I did, and it warned me it may take 88 hours to take effect. :roll:

oh well, it's better than nothing. i really hope we're not still waiting past tomorrow though.
art in avatar by lily
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

this is so frustrating. do ticketmaster think we can be online at all times and ready at a moment's notice??
Chibi-chan
smol bean

Susannah wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:02 am this is so frustrating. do ticketmaster think we can be online at all times and ready at a moment's notice??
Thanks for uploading this it was helpful. :D But I agree as I'm a different time zone so I'm worried it may be early in the morning and I might not see if If no notice or Worse if I'm in class. The stress and Frustration, but what is keeping them the Venue or what?!
japanophil
tol bean

thank you, tacitus and susannah, for the phone calls and the information :love2: it's so frustrating as i don't have computer nor phone access while at work either. i hope they announce something definite soon and put us out of our misery!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

Susannah wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:02 am this is so frustrating. do ticketmaster think we can be online at all times and ready at a moment's notice??
I didn't even think to harass them on twitter, for some reason. thank you so much, hah.

I just tweeted them this:
we'll see if there's a reply at opening of business tomorrow.

(anyone is welcome to follow me, by the way, and i'll follow you back)
art in avatar by lily
tacitus
crusty sponge

Thanks Susannah for the info, and nicely worded tweet, mermaid blood! I hope they actually respond to it this time and not just repeat the same crap they've been giving everyone else.

From the main thread:
mermaid blood wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 am
nice of them to inform us in the afternoon when people have been glued to their screens since 9am. they better give adequate notice. the other countries waiting i feel confident they will, in a few weeks, but i've lost faith for this particular show because the tour website was showing something different from the ticketmaster website for Sydney, until literally a few minutes beforehand. i like and trust dan and phil and their people a lot; but promising accuracy like that and telling people to keep checking their website for the most up to date information like Phil did in the joint liveshow was a bit of a mislead.
Agree. I've accepted my fate... very little hope left now tbh. I also really trust Dan and Phil generally, but in my experience they aren't organised enough for these kinds of things. I managed to score VIP for TATINOF last year and had I gone through their website like they recommended, I would've had no chance. Especially because a lot of updates for Aus happen while the UK is asleep and they just can't get to it in time. That being said, I don't really trust ticketmaster either.
Gonna sleep early tonight and hope that something is there when we wake up. Best of luck, guys.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

i guess i'm glad that they're keeping us updated but ... are they fucking serious??? i'll be overseas from the 25th so if tickets don't go on sale sometime next week i'll have a really hard time :|
ladyknight1512
squish

Am I the only one who is dying to know what's causing this delay? The venue is booked, the event is going ahead. From what D&P have said, they've done their part (and if they hadn't, I doubt we'd be the only ones still waiting) so wtf is going on with these tickets? Did everyone at Ticketmaster just take the week off? (I'm aware my level of anger is unwarranted - I've just had a minor car drama and an argument with my dad about marriage equality; I'm a bit on edge.)
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

ladyknight1512 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:47 am Am I the only one who is dying to know what's causing this delay? The venue is booked, the event is going ahead. From what D&P have said, they've done their part (and if they hadn't, I doubt we'd be the only ones still waiting) so wtf is going on with these tickets? Did everyone at Ticketmaster just take the week off? (I'm aware my level of anger is unwarranted - I've just had a minor car drama and an argument with my dad about marriage equality; I'm a bit on edge.)
no you're not ;)

i'm seriously so curious. what details do they need that they don't already have? was there miscommunication between the venue and ticketmaster? why was sydney delayed by fifteen minutes? why is melbourne taking so long? idk but i legit had a dream last night about buying the melbourne tickets so this might not be keeping me up at night but it's still haunting my dreams :rofl:

sorry about your car drama and argument, hope the rest of your day is better! :platonic:
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Susannah your display picture makes me laugh every time I see it :lol:

I'm insanely curious too and rather peeved!!! I'm working on dairy farms all of next week with not much access to internet. Bummer.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

curious now what the issue is, too. info on monday is fine, selling them on monday straight after giving the information is NOT.

let's try and stay positive. if the timing is terrible and people are really worried about missing out, i'm sure between a few of us here we could try and figure out a solution to help one another out. healthy sense of privacy and security permitting, obviously.
art in avatar by lily
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

yourenotevenhuman wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:43 am Susannah your display picture makes me laugh every time I see it :lol:
haha glad to be of service! your avatar makes me think of missemma and her wanking!dan gifs :lol:
mermaid blood wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:59 am let's try and stay positive. if the timing is terrible and people are really worried about missing out, i'm sure between a few of us here we could try and figure out a solution to help one another out. healthy sense of privacy and security permitting, obviously.
i agree, there's not much point worrying about things you can't change. i mean, people should be cautious about this kind of stuff (for good reason), but we could probably work some arrangements among ourselves if we needed to. anyway, it's nice to see so many vic/melbourne fans here! 8-)
philadanalan
not a first-time poster

I'm so glad I found this over the past couple of days. You guys are amazing.
I'm buying tickets for my sister and I, and she'll be devastated if we miss out.

I hope we find out a time before they go on sale. My doggo is super sick at the moment and needs constant care. :(
dannegoma
first-time poster

I'm so glad I found this forum! I've been so worried about missing out on tickets. I'm from Tas and I never got a chance to see TATINOF so I really really wanna go to see Dan and Phil in Melbourne D':

I'm following Ticketmaster on twitter and have notifications turned on so hopefully that'll be a good way of knowing when they go on sale. *fingers, toes and tongue crossed*
japanophil
tol bean

so still no news :roll:

Return to “Interactive Introverts in Australia & New Zealand”