Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rainydays
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

Late as usual, but that was a really cute liveshow. Why are so many people surprised though? Phil's liveshows are often so cute (unless he spends the entire time rating sweets and only aswering comments from the chat), it makes me sad that nobody seems to watch his liveshows anymore :(

The story about mince pies was so disgustingly adorable and domestic, I don't even know what to say. As the kids would say, these two truly are relationship goals, but also friendship goals, partnership goals, everything goals.

I think he didn't mean to read the married comment, but he was already halfway through when he realized what it said. However, the fact that he went for it anyway and was so chill about it.. is so great.

His shoutout to "Australians having the right opinion" about gay marriage ("yaay gay marriage") made me very happy as well. And I'm glad he clarified that it isn't an official decision yet, but a step in the right direction. I think there is a bit of misinformation about this and a lot of people from the rest of the world seem to think that it's already a done deal.

Pinof 9 next week.... when will they ask for questions? Over the weekend maybe?
I'm still wondering how they will manage to move around the way they usually do in that tiny bedroom with that weird, uncomfortable camera angle...

I'm not sure if someone posted it already, but I'm still laughing at this
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

That live show was the best honestly, and was so comforting to watch after an incredibly stressful day at work. I love that he read the marriage comment so calmly and didn't attempt to distance himself from it or undermine it. I didn't perceive him to be particularly uncomfortable in his reaction (perhaps a little flustered, but he didn't seem too upset or embarrassed), 2012/2013 me is shaking in her boots.

The section where he talked about linguistics was potentially the most attractive I've ever found him (tied with that other liveshow earlier this year where he wore his yellow Adventure Time hoodie and talked in detail about his degrees). He explained it in a very engaging and accessible way, and I had a weird moment where I could genuinely imagine him as a teacher.

Then there was that bit where he talked about how he liked his high school because it made sure to take care of the new kids by matching them up with buddies and putting them in classes with the other kids from their primary schools, and how if he was a headmaster he'd make sure his school had those systems in place, and I just feel so fond of Phil and his fundamental kindness. Also that there were three Phils in his school and he was known as Weird Phil, my heart :love1:

Also sad to hear about the death of the rave tree, but I hope they use this as an excuse to get a real tree and vlog it as part of a Festive DITL Part II.

In other news, proud of Dan for being involved with the cyberbullying campaign, and I'm interested to hear more from him about it in his liveshow next week hopefully.
liola
rankussy

VengefulBlue wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 am
willowgarden wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:51 am
Okay, so we're all obsessed with the idea, "are they orgasm buddies?" I think maybe, probs, yeah, either in the past or currently.

But, as we the phans age and mature, it becomes less about the sex (... y'all....we ain't never gonna know what they do in the bed together unless we laid out in the bed between them) and the forced feminization of Dan Howell and the forced masculine "daddy" of Phil Lester, and our crap tendency to view them as safe stand-in safe fictionalization of the tenderness of masculinity in individuals,

And becomes more about the love they share, in whatever capacity, that foolish way to track and rate mince pies, of rolling our eyes at the food delivery guy, of forcing him to sing you the medal ceremony even though you own the music for it, of having a rave tree for years until you get a big boy apartment and then you might be able to swing a real tree, of keeping him on track by getting that spon and side-seat driving the liveshows, of walls made of windows and koi ponds, and that way you pull a hoodie over the head, browsing silently in a room for hours, because you don't have to speak, just text each other across the house, knowing the other will bring you a Ribena. Eventually. When he stops fussing.

Cause we the fans thought we were in love the idea of the sex, of allowing ourselves to imagine the vulnerability in a relationship with a masc individual. But we're really in love with the idea of starting a story by saying, we were so young when we met.

That's a lot to put on two young men. That's mad pressure. Hope it doesn't harm them, that pressure.

Because you buy a vibrator. They sell them everywhere. But you can't buy a "my person," that hand that reaches out for you in a room full of other people. That's what we have been projecting on D&P all along. And they finally see beyond the lust and are giving the people..... what they really wanted, all along.
Anyway, Phil's lovely. I liked that liveshow. Sign me up for Linguistics with Phil on the main channel.
this feels like the truest truth. <3
i think this is something they're just now seeing/realizing, that the pull isn't actually the fetishization (usually) but more the story: the sudden dizzy climb from fan to friend to partner, the day to day drudgery and joy and weirdness of being someone's most important person.

and there's this kind of promise they give the viewers, especially those who are young and haven't had real grown up relationships of any kind, platonic or romantic. it's this promise that look, people can be good to each other and have fun together even after years and good things can last through bad times and it's so important for these kids. and the important part isn't whether they get down and dirty, it's that they've built this life together over nearly a decade and that things you start when you're young can last forever if you work at them.

i think that partly we're calming down a bit, but mostly deppy are seeing us more. and dan's gonna make his innuendos, and phil will too, "accidentally". but behind all the jokes and the leaning in and the borderline fanservice moments, there's a truth they're letting us see; that they are most comfortable with each other and together, that they're a team and they like it that way, and that none of this is changing anytime soon. so maybe that really is what dan means when he says they're going to "give the people what they want" - giving us proof that such a relationship is possible.

(or maybe they're gonna announce their engagement at the end of the last show, who even knows :lol: )
also i'm all for linguist!phil, put that degree to good use for once
dansnose wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:50 am i have a feeling though that they’re going to use this new “beetles” situation as a prompt to move again..... it reminds me of how they used the gas leak as an excuse to move earlier this year :tinfoil:
ngl, that was my first thought. am i remembering wrong or did he mention moving because of the beetles (in a joking way)? regardless, i feel like this flat was a short term solution, and they may be moving right before tour starts - it will have been a year exactly, lease will be up (unless its a 2 yr lease or something). maybe i'm crazy, but it seems a bit too coincidental to me.
That was also the first thing I thought when he said that, it just reminded me so much of Dan last year talking about how the house was old and no storage and gas leaks etc. He didn't even seem to think it would be such a nuisance, simply joking about it.

Though I imagine moving right before tour would be hell, but also I cannot even being to understand wasting so muchI money on rent especially when they're gonna be away from home for at like 5 months. It's so stupid I'm sorry but why are they not investing in property dammit
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
George
sad dimple

They should just have renovations done while touring... :lol: (to the home they should buy if that wasn't clear)
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
blackdenim
procrastinator

liola wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:40 am
Though I imagine moving right before tour would be hell, but also I cannot even being to understand wasting so muchI money on rent especially when they're gonna be away from home for at like 5 months. It's so stupid I'm sorry but why are they not investing in property dammit
This is the main reason I don't think they'll be moving any time soon. It would be far too stressful right before tour, when they're rehearsing and planning everything. I also think it would be weird of them to move to a new place and then not live there for like 6 months - might as well just wait until this time next year when all the tour stress is over and they can fully concentrate on it.

(also unpopular opinion but I don't think they're ready to buy a house yet)

But I mean what do I know really they could be moving tomorrow!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

thephandommenace wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 pm Dan looks adorable <3
but as that liveshow proved, Philip Michael Lester has ruined all other men for me :fan:

P.S. I got VIP tickets! In the city of Phan origins :love2: see you there @somethingsketchy!
First of all, I fully second that while Dan's certainly adorable, he's got nothing on Phil. I just love Phil's liveshows so much! I don't even care that he doesn't usually say anything "important" or "intellectual" like Dan, I'm just happy to listen to his funny anecdotes and soothing voice and look at him all glowing and smiley and I just can't. :happytears:

See you in less than six months, thephandommenace! I'm booking my flights soon. :babuse:
autumnhearth
senpai

Late to the party. I missed it live and my yt app didn’t want to let me watch (I might have hit in that time between the end of the broadcast and the upload) but then the Tumblr embed said it was unavailable too. Anywho I got through eventually, after seeing the excitement here. It was a very lovely livestream. Phil looked amazing. His complexion was nice and that Bondi Beach hoodie is probably my favorite article of clothing from this year. Both the boys look so good in darker grey. Plus Phil in hoodies just make me want to snuggle him. Anyway he was also in a great mood and I loved both the linguistics and school talk, and of course the mince pie rating. Give me that domestic dorkiness. :love2:

Or just everything captainspacecoat said. :thumb:

Very much looking forward to the Sims Pets today and I can’t believe we might have pinof 9 next week. Eek! :whiskers: I :love1: November.
plastictrees
drama llama

sorry guys totally OT but i’ve been trying to find the video where Phil is trying to talk about something (i can’t even remember what?) and he’s wearing a red hoodie and keeps stumbling over his words because he’s laughing - I saw it on tumblr and it’s feallg bugging me :cry: edit:bc i can’t spell
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

plastictrees wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:37 pm sorry guys totally OT but i’ve been trying to find the video where Phil is trying to talk about something (i can’t even remember what?) and he’s wearing a red hoodie and keeps stumbling over his words because he’s laughing - I saw it on tumblr and it’s feallg bugging me :cry: edit:bc i can’t spell
Do you mean this one?
plastictrees
drama llama

somethingsketchy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:46 pm
plastictrees wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:37 pm sorry guys totally OT but i’ve been trying to find the video where Phil is trying to talk about something (i can’t even remember what?) and he’s wearing a red hoodie and keeps stumbling over his words because he’s laughing - I saw it on tumblr and it’s feallg bugging me :cry: edit:bc i can’t spell
Do you mean this one?
Yes!!! Thank you :love2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Some liveshow things (that aren't the 'married' comment) from my notes since idk when I'll have time to do timestamps:

Phil almost-laughing at reading out 'Shout out to me, I'm coming.' - probably because I just rewatched it recently but his expression so strongly resembles that late March liveshow where Dan is talking about how Fabrice does both their hair now and Dan uses the phrasing, "After he'd done you for thirty minutes." I love Phil's repressing-laughter face so much.

Phil being a bratty little brother, but also... Phil being kind of hyperaware of social situations and mapping them out in his head beforehand exactly how they should go. While he likes socializing he definitely seems to be that person who has a plan and wants other people to stick to his plan and maybe gets unhappy/flustered/anxious when the plan isn't being adhered to.

The pigeon story, saying if it were his kid he'd just lie and hope the kid forgot later on. It definitely confirms something about Phil that I think we already knew... that he favors the option of lying to make an immediate situation go more smoothly than go with a more honest but complex explanation for something. I feel like Dan is the strong opposite, which is probably good for both of them - it's the type of thing where either extreme can lead to trouble but finding a midway ground between over-explaining (Dan, when he just can't help himself) and giving nothing away and lying with a smile (Phil, when cornered about anything he's not prepared to talk about already).
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

somethingsketchy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:44 pm
thephandommenace wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 pm
Dan looks adorable <3
but as that liveshow proved, Philip Michael Lester has ruined all other men for me :fan:

P.S. I got VIP tickets! In the city of Phan origins :love2: see you there @somethingsketchy!
First of all, I fully second that while Dan's certainly adorable, he's got nothing on Phil. I just love Phil's liveshows so much! I don't even care that he doesn't usually say anything "important" or "intellectual" like Dan, I'm just happy to listen to his funny anecdotes and soothing voice and look at him all glowing and smiley and I just can't. :happytears:

See you in less than six months, thephandommenace! I'm booking my flights soon. :babuse:
Yesss!!!! I can't wait! It's going to be crazy. AND mental. AND off the hook. :tu:
DatCog
blobfish

Sims vid is up:
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

how did i know that they were going to do a shibe/corgi mix lmao

what a cute, wholesome video
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I love Phils love of Dan saying 'harkens'. <3
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
lishachi
eclipse shirt

That video just cheered me up so much after a long, shitty day at uni.

At 22:09 when the dog is mid-air, I swear to god I had to pause the video, I snorted and laughed for about 5 minutes. Fucking incredible. WHOLESOME DOGGO TIMES (dog name under spoiler if people haven't seen yet)
NUKI
IS A GOOD PUP

I'm thinking about getting their 2018 calendar someone stop me :lol: (but also don't, y'know)

Regarding tour: didn't get tickets but hope everyone has a good time! Will be lurking and finding out how the shows go. :love1:
:biflag: :blackheart:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

this video was everything. they should make dalien be bffs with the pup bc toddlers have the cutest interactions with pets, esp baby pets. i do hope they'll get a cat at some point, it's not as though dil inherited phil's allergies.

also, you can see how much they want a pup, it's the best thing. them getting a baby puppy and then freaking out over how tiny? sounds like real life tbh.
Last edited by VengefulBlue on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auri

Nothing happened in the video but goddammit it was cute!!! Doggo is cute, D&P are cute, vid was cute, I am loving life, even tho Sims is getting pretty boring. Also v spon much merch, had to roll my eyes a bit for that. :roll: It's also so funny to me that when they talk about Dil/the Howlter fam, they use "we" like, wow. Their wedding and their dog. But yes yes good video, and now that it's over, i'll go back and finish my Undertale re-re-re-watch (idek how many times I've watched the Undertale series but it's so good).
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Very cute !! <3
It honestly wasn't the most interesting video and a virtual dog definitely doesn't come anywhere close to them hanging out with actual dogs like in other vids + I wish they had spent a bit more time creating the dog and played more with the settings ...
But the video is worth it just for all their squeals and awwwing at the pup in various situations. :love2: I love them reacting to dogs :love2:
Tho to be honest I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get any content of them talking about their potential future real life dog(s). What happened to giving the people what they want ?
(I'm gonna start some Dog Discourse anyway : what do you think they'd actually get, a corgi ? a shibe ? something else ? I'm rooting for a pomeranian) (Please deppy adopt a doggo soon and let me live vicarously through you)

• 18:36 Phil: "A dog welcome mat ! That says 'Hey, we're a family that has a dog!'"
• 24:16 Phil's fond dreamy look when finding the dog sleeping in Dil and Tabs bedroom
•25:15 "And then y'all could be starring at that good boy.... Not Phil. No talking about Phil. Forget us"
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I am seriously unstanning Dan for the cat hate :( As a cat person, I'm offended. (not actually, the video was incredibly adorable and I don't like to admit it but I squealed a few times)

Can't believe Dil got abducted once again :roll:
pulvis et umbra sumus
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Definitely would have watched an entire video of just them reacting to and rating dog breeds.

It was cute, nothing exceptional. I feel like big event driven episodes are always kind of a letdown, and you can tell the edited a lot down for time.

I hope irl that they rescue and don't go for a full breed.
sarmstr2

You know Dil is gonna be preggers again.
autumnhearth
senpai

:sleepypuppy:

24 mins in, after they’ve both cooed over the sleeping pupper and Dan says he wants to punch something, Phil turns toward Dan and says “aww getting a dog must be so nice and relaxing” and that is my favorite moment.
:happytears:
I’m glad they were able to make their designer dog in the Sims because as cute as the Corgi Inu is, I hope they adopt a mutt (though I would be pretty happy to see Phil get a Corgi and so would Dan who realizes that he mostly wants the Shibe for the meme factor :dogue: )

Also good to see the boys practice coordinating their outfits. There are several dog shirts Dan could have worn, but he went with blue on white to compliment Phil’s white on blue pug jumper (or it was a complete coincidence)
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

sarmstr2 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm You know Dil is gonna be preggers again.
I hope he gets twins. I want chaos.
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

sarmstr2 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm You know Dil is gonna be preggers again.
i hope he is, just so we can see dan flip shit when they find out. :lol:

irl i hope they will get a mutt. corg-inu puppy is cute but there's already so many grown up doggos in shelters who would love to be adopted and spoiled rotten taken care of by deppy. :undertaledog: