Melbourne - Plenary - 19th August

philadanalan
not a first-time poster

They have also been saying

"Details about the release of Melbourne tix are currently TBA while we await confirmation of details. We'll keep fans updated via our website and Twitter as soon as we have more info. Apologies for any inconvenience."

So hopefully sometime soon.
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: she/her

What details could they possibly need!!!! Omg this is so silly lol
philadanalan
not a first-time poster

Yeah, I dunno.
Maybe tickets prices and info and stuff from the Plenary?

They posted this this morning,
"Update on Dan and Phil #InteractiveIntroverts tickets for Melbourne: Unfortunately we do not have any new information regarding this event at this time. We will be sure to post in advance of tickets going on sale, so fans won't miss out & are fully prepped."
ladyknight1512
squish

philadanalan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am Maybe tickets prices and info and stuff from the Plenary?
This is actually ridiculous. Like, I'm properly annoyed now. The Plenary is a proper venue. They should have been prepared. It's not like Dan and Phil called them up one morning and said, 'BTW, we're coming to Melbourne next year and doing a show at your venue and tickets need to go on sale tomorrow. Bye!'

They would have known this was happening well in advance. No excuses.
ladyknight1512
squish

Wedneday 29 Nov. 10am. It's happening.

Battle stations everyone! This is not a drill!
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

me at ticketmaster: :sarcasticclap:

fuck me i'm going to be in CHINA
might as well say goodbye to hopes of vip tickets (not that i was too desperate for them but... you know) but i might be able to snag some regular ones if i wake up at 7am and the site works out for me

but hey it could be worse!!! :|
estieissuchtrash
first-time poster

wait where did the 29th of November ticket sale info come from??
ladyknight1512
squish

Ticketmaster tweeted it yesterday.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

i'm so relieved we have an end point now.

but could they have picked a worse time? lol. most people are at work/school at 10am on a weekday. i would've actually been fine with 7.30 am or something. i'm gonna have to ask someone to buy them for me which i really didn't want to do, it's just putting that stress and responsibility onto someone else.

goodluck everyone, i guess this time next week we'll all know what we're doing and the waiting game will be over.

who will be trying for VIP? I'm still on the fence about wanting to meet them. i don't know if it will add or take away from my interest in them, if it's horribly awkward (which it will be, because of me). maybe better to just leave some things up to mystery.
art in avatar by lily
ladyknight1512
squish

I'll be trying for vip because I want to do it better this time. lol I got vip for TATINOF and I completely froze. Like, Dan actually had to prompt me through the whole thing. Brief summary:

*step around the screen*
D&P: HI!
Me: ...hi...*complete silence; can't move*
Dan: ...do you want a hug?
Me: ...ok... *hugs; more silence*
Dan: ...shall we sign your book?
Me: ...ok... *followed by me just staring at them while Phil said something I can't remember and then I blurted out the one thing I really wanted to say to them and Phil talked some more while I once again forgot how to speak*
Dan: ...shall we take the photo now?
Me: ...ok... *no idea what to do with my arms so they just hung there uselessly*
Then I sort of came to and wished them a good show and said goodbye and went back around the screen to have my vip wristband removed and I realised my hands were numb because adrenaline or something idk.

It's funny now but at the time... lol. They're actually really nice to meet and it wasn't weird for me after. The only weirdness I had was the day after when they posted DITL Australia and I was like, 'OMG. I hugged them yesterday.'

My bff had a much smoother experience than me. I think she stumbled going around the screen because she's the clumsiest person I've ever met and then apologised for being so awkward and D&P laughed and they all just chatted about how awkward they are for a minute and a half.
japanophil
tol bean

i totally agree with mermaid blood that it's a horrible time, as i will be at work :( in fact, i've been so busy this week that i've only just found out about the ticket sales, so thank you to ladyknight1512 for posting the information! i hope you have a more relaxed experience this time. susannah, i hope the internet in china will be working well for you on the day.

mermaid blood, if you're thinking of getting a vip ticket, do go for it! as a very geriatric fan (my husband surprised me with a vip tatinof ticket :love1: ) i was very anxious about the whole experience, as i knew i'd stick out like a sore thumb. it didn't help that as i was one of the last in line - person #396 for the day - and had to endure looks and stares for about 2 hours in line. but marianne and "the boys" were just lovely, even though they were clearly very tired and running late for the evening show. i think by the time the m&g was over they would have had less than half and hour before the show was due to start. i have so much respect for their professionalism! they were charming and very kind, and i also came away with a new appreciation of dan, as i've sometimes found his manner (in videos, ls, etc) to be a bit abrasive. i don't know if this helps your decision, but for me it was definitely a worthwhile experience.

good luck to everyone getting tickets!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

@ladyknight1512 and @japanophil, thank you for sharing your experiences, it does help sway me a little. i'm gathering that the key is to trip and distract from how awkward i'll be :lol: if you're going to try for VIP again, that persuades me that it can't be that bad...

japanophil that's interesting about dan. if you have any further comment/anecdote i'd love to hear it.

i hate that it's now going to be 35c on Wednesday. 35c in spring! gah. 'sif we need to be hot AND stressed about tickets. /whine whine whine
art in avatar by lily
Ethereal
not a first-time poster

does anyone know whether there is a link to where we can buy tickets cause i still can't seem to find one and there still isn't one on dan and phils website?
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Ethereal wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 am does anyone know whether there is a link to where we can buy tickets cause i still can't seem to find one and there still isn't one on dan and phils website?
Still no page on Ticketmaster but assuming it’ll go up before Wednesday.
japanophil
tol bean

mermaid blood wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:42 am japanophil that's interesting about dan. if you have any further comment/anecdote i'd love to hear it.
it's nothing much, mermaid blood (btw, congrats on your admin position!). it was a very long day for them, running late and still another show to do. both looked tired and phil in particular looked absolutely exhausted. but they were both utterly charming and gave each person their complete attention. i had a camera, which dan seemed to find interesting and he joked about taking the selfie "blind" (it turned out perfectly framed anyway :D ). then i showed him how to flip the back screen up so that you can see and he played with it a bit and offered to take another photo. i was just surprised he took the time to do so and hadn't expected him to be so warm and seemingly sincere irl. despite their tiredness, neither of them showed any sign that any of this was a chore. they seemed sincere in their appreciation of their fans (even old ones!) and i think this is one of the reasons people love them so much. ok, this has turned into an essay, sorry!
ladyknight1512
squish

*Really* hoping we get a link today. My ticketmaster page still says 0 shows for Victoria and having things left til the last minute gives me terrible anxiety.
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

ladyknight1512 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:42 pm *Really* hoping we get a link today. My ticketmaster page still says 0 shows for Victoria and having things left til the last minute gives me terrible anxiety.
Ticketmaster have updated and the Melbourne show is now appearing! Hoorah!!! :thumb:
ladyknight1512
squish

Oh, thank god. *breathes sigh of relief*
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

Ethereal wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 am does anyone know whether there is a link to where we can buy tickets cause i still can't seem to find one and there still isn't one on dan and phils website?
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/dan-and- ... orcatid=51
japanophil wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:17 pm
mermaid blood wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:42 am japanophil that's interesting about dan. if you have any further comment/anecdote i'd love to hear it.
it's nothing much, mermaid blood (btw, congrats on your admin position!). it was a very long day for them, running late and still another show to do. both looked tired and phil in particular looked absolutely exhausted. but they were both utterly charming and gave each person their complete attention. i had a camera, which dan seemed to find interesting and he joked about taking the selfie "blind" (it turned out perfectly framed anyway :D ). then i showed him how to flip the back screen up so that you can see and he played with it a bit and offered to take another photo. i was just surprised he took the time to do so and hadn't expected him to be so warm and seemingly sincere irl. despite their tiredness, neither of them showed any sign that any of this was a chore. they seemed sincere in their appreciation of their fans (even old ones!) and i think this is one of the reasons people love them so much. ok, this has turned into an essay, sorry!
oh - not an admin! just a mod, lol. but thank you. :love2:

i love that story, thanks for more detail. that's interesting, getting a more human experience of someone when you weren't necessarily expecting it. and yes, i do think that is a big part of the reason they and creators similar to them continue to be popular.
art in avatar by lily
rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3

omg it's tomorrow people. not a drill. if i don't get tickets, i'm going to be devastated but i'm trying so hard not to have any expectations. how quickly do you think they'll sell out?
ladyknight1512
squish

Yeah, I'll probably cry if I don't get a ticket. Didn't someone say it was about 15mins for the NZ show to sell out? Not sure how big that venue is but the odds seem fairly good. I'm also trying to keep my expectations low, though, so I can try to minimise my devastation if things don't work out. No idea how I'm going to get any sleep tonight.
rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3

ladyknight1512 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:33 pm Yeah, I'll probably cry if I don't get a ticket. Didn't someone say it was about 15mins for the NZ show to sell out? Not sure how big that venue is but the odds seem fairly good. I'm also trying to keep my expectations low, though, so I can try to minimise my devastation if things don't work out. No idea how I'm going to get any sleep tonight.
15 mins isn't too bad, i guess. i know other (music) tours that sold out in seconds so *fingers crossed* that'll be enough time. i'm not trying for vip so i should be good.
rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3

half an hour to go people. good luck to everyone - especially those trying for vip tickets!
rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3

I GOT TICKETS. THANK THE LORD ABOVE.

how did everyone go??
tacitus
crusty sponge

I managed to get VIP!!! Can't believe it - had my sister trying to buy them on her laptop as well and neither of our pages were loading... Those were the most stressful 20 seconds of my life. Thank god it's over omg. So grateful to the universe right now <3 How did everyone else go?

Return to “Interactive Introverts in Australia & New Zealand”