IDB Survey 2017

A permanent home for threads that will no longer be updated.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

It's been a year since the last one, and we are curious to see if our demographics have changed, so taa-dah, the IDB survey 2017 is here! like seriously, how has it been a year already?!

The survey is really short and we will keep it open for about 2 weeks, after this we will put up the results (& will compare them to last years). All results are anonymous 8-)

click here to be taken to the survey

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

just took it! only 3 toggles and one 1 short answer question, what a breeze :cool:
art in avatar by lily
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Thank you to everyone who took part, the results are in. We had 388 responses in total (which is 45 more than last year)
Under the spoilers is an image of 2016 vs 2017 answers in case anyone was interested to see if there were any big changes.

here is the 2016 survey

Female: 347 (90.1%)
Non-binary: 18 (4.7%)
Questioning: 9 (2.3%)
Prefer not to say: 4 (1.0%)
Gender is a social construct and I do not "identify" with it: 1 (0.3%)
13-15: 16 (4.1%)
16-19: 99 (25.5%)
20-24: 144 (37.1%)
25-29: 78 (20.1%)
30-34: 21 (5.4%)
35-39: 12 (3.1%)
40-45: 10 (2.6%)
46+: 8 (2.1%)
Are you an active user:
Yes, I post regularly: 36 (9.3%)
I post occasionally: 140 (36.1%)
No, I exclusively lurk: 212 (54.6%)
How did you find IDB:
There were 348 responses to this question, the majority being "other" which was 153 responses, followed by Tumblr with approximately 46 responses, and then the next most popular response was "@alittledizzy tumblr posts".

Some of the more interesting responses were:
> err.. a priest on Omegle
> Looking for Deppy conspiracy theories
> I was searching for "phan proof" and then I found #lubegate on here and was like, wtf is this website???
> Googling fan theories lol (is that you marcus!!)

Thank you all again for taking part, feel free to discuss the results in this thread if you want to.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

So many lurkers, seeing this again is making me feel self-conscious :lol:
pulvis et umbra sumus
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

It's interesting to see how stable the year-over-year results are.

And, as a committed member of the 30+ club, it's nice to see that we make up more than 13% of the respondents. A minority, perhaps, but a strong one!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

When I made that wish to be part of the 1%, this is not quite what I meant, but I'll take it. :lol: Hi to the other 5 users who identify as male, whoever you are.
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

Wow, that sure is a lot of lurkers :shock: - and that's just the ones that saw and bothered to take the survey!
:lion: :prideflag:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Yep, I think there are always way more lurkers than (logged-in) members on here at any one time. For instance, right now:
There are 8 registered users online
There are 46 guest users online
I think this is pretty typical.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
DatCog
blobfish

Wish more lurkers would join in - I lurked for a month or so before I posted and I've never looked back, even if I rarely have anything of value to say!

Another proud member of the over 30s club :platonic:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

*waves to the lurkers*

Mildly relieved I'm not corrupting the minds of any kids below 13.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I love surveys, so thanks for putting this together!

I'm surprised how many 16-19 year olds there are here. I didn't think there were that many young people on this site (not that there's anything wrong with that, just from the discussions in the past about age it seemed to skew mainly 20+). I'd be interested to see the proportion of each age compared to whether they are a poster or a lurker (I lurked for about a year before finally making an account, so not judging).
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sign me up to be part of the proud to be over 30 club :D
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I'm amazed by how much older we are compared to the entire phandom survey, about 15 for the phandom vs. early 20s for IDB being the most common response.

Plus, I see our single <13 member has either turned thirteen or left. Hope you haven't been too ruined, young one.
katemko
delia smith

I'm 19 about to turn 20 so I'll be in the 20-24 majority soon. Also I need answers re: priest on omegle.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

thanks for the results summary Emma!
not surprised by the lurker majority, that tends to be the case over forums online in general. just the nature of the platform type.

i would encourage the minorities to voice their opinions, it's really heartening to see you on the graphs (especially every gender category outside female) and important, as in any social milieu, that you speak up and give us your unique perspectives (if comfortable, of course).

shout out to @alittledizzy for your #spon and i'm gonna need to talk to that priest, also.
art in avatar by lily
chiccola
sofa crease

katemko wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:31 pm Also I need answers re: priest on omegle.
I don't know why I have it in mind that there was a priest who shipped Phan and posted videos about his theories... now I don't remember if it was omegle specifically (could be?), but I do remember seeing a post or two about some priest who is into Phan, let me do some research.... :sherlock:
chiccola
sofa crease

chiccola wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:20 am
katemko wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:31 pm Also I need answers re: priest on omegle.
I don't know why I have it in mind that there was a priest who shipped Phan and posted videos about his theories... now I don't remember if it was omegle specifically (could be?), but I do remember seeing a post or two about some priest who is into Phan, let me do some research.... :sherlock:
after going through way too many priest kink posts ( :shame: ), i've found this tweet: there's also a female priest on Googlebox who has their whiskers mug? and there was a male priest at some point as well no info on omegle priest specifically, I'll be waiting on that story with the rest of you :lol:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

chiccola wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:20 am
When I was reading old threads on the other forum a while ago, I think I remember coming across mentions of a priest who would have liveshows on YouNow and talk about D&P in them.
vogonsrock
squish

Is the priest DrGreg, i follow him on younow (as somethingsketchy said) because there was discussion about him (here? I can't remember) shipping Phan, and that he really believes they are together and are a good example to young people. I watched a few of his broadcasts and he was very open about it.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Dr Greg was a pastor. He was always around during liveshows from what I can remember and definitely was a phan-stor!

Dans favourite name from pinof9 was Greg.....