Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Image Image
Image Image

gif credit: abitwayward / you and dan are so married question credit @human

just to let you all know i'm going to post the 2017 survey results tonight 8-)

can we please carry on saying how good phil looks in that instagram....
dancy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:50 pm How adorable <3
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

He looks so good, love the natural face and that sparkly collar on t tshirt :sparkle:
(he seems a bit tired tho)
Does that mean he's visiting family today ? Because they filmed pinof on Wednesday and there's a livestream tomorrow so I thought he was going next week, but maybe he's only staying 3 days.

If that's the same relative that gave him the beanie last year, I hope he goes home with a hundred new beanies, I love that look on him so much :love2:
(Also Dan&Phil beanies. I'd defo buy some*. Get on that Phil)
* without the japanese writing tho please thank u
hello9217
flower crown

Phil looks amazing <3 <3 He need to wear that color more! Also I saw someone on Tumblr say they thought Phil was going up to see his family because he was going to celebrate with them early and then spend Christmas with Dan. I really doubt this though but who knows? Maybe this could be the year of them staying with each other on Christmas or better yet hosting their own X-mas at their flat and have both their families come.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Wow he does look really good in that pic. <3
He should totally tell us how he does it.

Also happy that this thread name was chosen. :D
nephilimcat
woodland creature

missemma wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:33 pm
Bless his aunt (?) for posting this beautiful picture of this beautiful man that I am totally not going to stare at several times until my eyes fall out :garbage:
pulvis et umbra sumus
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Damn, he is such a beautiful man. The older he gets, the more attractive he gets! :love1: And I really like his shirt-the color looks great on him and the sparkly collar is perfect
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The glittery collar tho :love2: :sparkle:

We love a fashion icon. Dan is over.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
quercussp
living flop

Listen, I normally don't find men attractive, but dang Phil is hot.
autumnhearth
senpai

I just have to echo everyone else. That is my personal favorite color and it looks really good on Phil. Yay :sparkle:

Looks like his grandfather’s (it’s not great-grandfather is it?) birthday. I think it was a big one like 90, but I can’t find it in any of the ls timestamps. Anyone remember?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

*drumroll*
The 2017 IDB survey results are in, and can be found here. Thank you for taking part, we had a good response. If anyone wants to discuss the results I've unlocked the thread so you can

nephilimcat
woodland creature

missemma wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:21 pm

I thought his hand was cut-off at first but he's just blowing a kiss. Wow, what's wrong with my mind :shock:
pulvis et umbra sumus
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

So handsome! <3
It might be his grandfather's birthday combined with a Christmas party.
I can't believe how fast the holiday season has snuck up on us, Gamingmas is right around the corner and I couldn't be more hyped :tu:

Oh and the survey results, my favorite! Thank you to anyone who worked on them!! :respekt2:
:lion: :prideflag:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

okay so i had a dream about deppy last night that was interesting enough (to me at least lol) to share, but since it's off topic if you want to read it, it's under the cut:
so in my dream someone on twitter asked dan what his daily makeup routine was and he replied with a selfie holding various makeup products (notably a nars concealer that i remember getting pissy about in my dream since the company isn't cruelty free lol, and some of kim kardashian's ugly makeup brushes). somehow my dream shifted to me being at their apartment, as my brain usually makes me friends with them in dreams lol, and we were standing by the 'crab-walk' stairs. i remember my dream self telling dan to blend his concealer more as i examined his face. eventually i started to get on his ass about using products that test on animals when phil almost fell down the entire flight of stairs due to extra slippery sock-feet and then i woke up.

sort of weird and random (but definitely not the weirdest i've had about them...), but i didn't wake up too long ago and i felt the need to share lol
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I gotta just quote this question here in the main thread...
missemma wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 pmHow did you find IDB:
There were 348 responses to this question, the majority being "other" which was 153 responses, followed by Tumblr with approximately 46 responses, and then the next most popular response was "@alittledizzy tumblr posts".

Some of the more interesting responses were:
> err.. a priest on Omegle
> Looking for Deppy conspiracy theories
> I was searching for "phan proof" and then I found #lubegate on here and was like, wtf is this website???
> Googling fan theories lol (is that you marcus!!)
"a priest on Omegle" person, please come forward and tell your story.
malday
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm Looks like his grandfather’s (it’s not great-grandfather is it?) birthday. I think it was a big one like 90, but I can’t find it in any of the ls timestamps. Anyone remember?
it was in a tweet
So Phil has good shirts in his closet, too bad he doesn't wear them in videos.
autumnhearth
senpai

Thank you malday :tu:

Erm because I saw a post on Tumblr earlier today, but also because my son and I were doing this yesterday, I decided to list my favorite pinof moments from all nine videos (plus bloopers) and rank them.

phil is not on fire

1. “This is the most fun I’ve ever had” and tackle
2. All the French phrases
3. “May I stroke your glabella?”
4. Dan’s sassy “zeebra”
5. Dan shoving Phil aside to complain about the quality of his hair straighteners
6. “Voldemort has no nose” “I already look like Voldemort” “I would bang Voldemort”

Cringe moment I would remove: Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus threesome/photo eating

Pinof 2

1. Dan trying to convince Phil that “microwave” is an onomatopoeia
2. The hand bending thing and Phil insisting that his is just the same
3. Titanic reenactment
4. “I’m British and I walk on the pavement”
5. Dan’s outfit

Cringe moments I would remove: “Dan needs an abortion” and Osama Bin Ladin hiding inside your mum

Pinof 3

1. Meowing on helium and “literally”
2. Unicorn drawing (with soft music)
3. “I can show you the world”
4. “Hyper, Kirby, Plumber and Sword”
5. “We both look exactly the same” (hairstyle direction switching)

Cringe moments I would remove: quite a few but I also don’t feel as strongly about them

Pinof 4

1. “I would actually pickle a pickle”
2. Kristen Stewart impersonation
3. Benedict Otterbatch impersonations
4. “Worms aren’t exactly dramatic creatures”

Cringe moments: Burn those masks!
Perhaps not cringe but I would delete it all the same- “Ladies and gentlemen, Phil, your future husband.” The general “no homo” depressed vibe.

Bonus bloopers

1. Tongue twister f bomb
2. Phil covering Dan’s mouth when he won’t stop saying cunt
3. “Because your worth it”
4. Mole vision

“You will be the X factor” beats out “I feel special”, “You are” for me

Cringe moments: Soo much including “the cat whiskers come from within” and their eventual merch. Sarah Michelle Gellar sitting on toilet!Phil and Dan’s Sookie “my furry vagina” impression. But well, they are bloopers.

Pinof 5

1. Friendship handshake
2. Pillow fight
3. Dinosaurs or dragons
4. Attack on Titan “Mikasa” mainly because they do this off camera too
5. Phil’s sexy end screen dance

Cringe moments: The whole thing was basically cringe, it makes me glad there were no bloopers that year. Leading off with “shoulder boobs” really sets the tone.

Pinof 6

1. The whole intro honestly. Though we saw a flash of them drawing the whisker on each other in 5, 6 turns it into a *thing* and it’s hilarious.
2. “America attack”, “you’re ruining freedom for everyone” and “O say can you see!”
3. Lizards duet
4. The anaconda reenactment
5. Impressions of each other
6. Getting into the shared jumper

Cringe moment: the toilet paper roll advertising

As I’ve said this one feels like a breath of fresh air to me and it is more the Dan and Phil I love. They’ve figured out their comedy dynamic/rhythm through both their radio show and the gaming channel. So I can see why some people find this less natural/more persona heavy, but I like it.

Bloopers

1. Impersonating each other’s first videos
2. Give each other names based on what you look like and Dan’s “you know you can’t pull off [ ]” and “Brado Lester”
3. Dan’s doge pose
4. “Friendship, forgettable friendship”
5. Furby
6. “I’d smash that nose” (honestly Dan, which is it, no nose of Phil’s nose?)

I might actually like the bloopers better than the original for this year.

Pinof 7

1. Tug of war with the stress mushroom
2. Friendship yoga
3. Trust fall
4. Barking, staring, trying not to laugh contest
5. “It’s where bloggers are born. Mother.”
6. Dying goose
7. “Your nose is quite a nice texture today.” “Today?”

While there were cringe moments (“exhaust pipe” and “chanksploon all over your mum’s face”) I’d probably leave them in. Maybe cut Dan’s “fabulous”. I obviously prefer the more physical challenges in this one. Sorry ladders. I don’t totally hate the salsa fic.

Bloopers

1. “Nose pressure” extended scene with “stencil”
2. Q retractable umbrella
3. Dan briefly appreciating the inside of Phil’s boxers
4. Dilophosaurus, Dan the dinosaur nerd
5. Dan detecting the rubber chicken with his butt

Original was stronger (as it should be) but the bloopers played really well off of them

Pinof 8

1. “It represents your personality, a bit wayward” “Whatcha sayin mate?”
2. Longest “yeah boy” “Oh nose”
3. “Goodbye Amazing Phil” “And what a thicc channel it was”
4. Lawnmower impersonation with quiff
5. The Internet Is Here hummed with noses beats the jazz cover, but the stripping is good
6. Phil’s diss track
7. Dan carrying Phil
8. Dan’s duvet on Phil’s bed haruing

Bloopers (just doing these in the order they occur)

1. “Do you wanna fight?”, “Yeah”
2. “The annoying prick technique” it’s called pointillism, but it’s a good joke.
3. “I would water my dog”
4. The dandle
5. Dimple jokes
6. Phil having a brief forgetting of how biology works
7. Cereal stealing therapy
8. “Oh dear” banana mush mess

Pinof 9

1. Ph-ph-phil-iel Howell or what?” “No.”
2. “You’re an aged cat, and I’m a little kit.”
3. Arm wrestle
4. Crab walk, Dan’s concern
5. “Hi my name is [Dan]” “F*ck off!” / “Danis Snot On *Fire*”
6. Slime “Excuse me?”
7. Truth Bomb cereal shaming
8. Photo exposing
9. Phil jump scaring Dan as cheese
10. Tattoos

Ranking from favorite to least
1, 9, 7, 6, 8, 2, 3, 5, 4
(objectively 3 and 5 might be worse than 4, but emotionally I can’t really handle it)
Feel free to post your own... or not. Or you know... be less elaborate. No more pinof marathons for me this year.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 pm Thank you malday :tu:

Erm because I saw a post on Tumblr earlier today, but also because my son and I were doing this yesterday, I decided to list my favorite pinof moments from all nine videos (plus bloopers) and rank them.

[...]

Feel free to post your own... or not. Or you know... be less elaborate. No more pinof marathons for me this year.
I've gone on several long pinof marathons in the past few days so I actually remember what happens in them now
pinof 1:
Fav: The tackle-hug, it's iconic.
Cringe: Anytime Dan is super close to the camera, whether it be to stuff a picture of Miley Cyrus into his mouth or to lick the camera, I feel uncomfortable

pinof 2:
Fav: the titanic thing
Cringe: The weird offensive crap like the Osama Bin Laden thing or "microwave" (sorry i've just been around a lot of cringey phannies who wouldn't stop saying microwave)

pinof 3:
Fav: helium voices
Cringe: their haircuts (i hate their 2011 haircuts with a burning passion, I am anti-fringes and these were fringes to the extreme)

pinof 4:
Fav: Dan in the wig
Cringe: "I feel special" "you are" Because everyone takes this out of context

pinof 4 bloopers:
Fav: Dan trying to get Phil to say cunt
Cringe: "the cat whiskers, they come from within" and also the no-homo moments like "help, I'm stuck" "I'm not touching you"

pinof 5:
Fav: the slow-motion videos
Cringe: The sexy endscreen dance. I'm glad it's dead.

pinof 6:
Fav: their impressions of each other+anaconda
Cringe: the fact that the last full minute was entirely spon

pinof 6 bloopers:
Fav: their impressions of their first videos
Cringe: The mating call with the "ladies, is it doing it for you?"

pinof 7
Fav: the trust fall
Cringe: the nacho&salsa fic, imagine watching that with your parents over your shoulder because that was my experience

pinof 7:
Fav: leg dance + butt detection
Cringe: I didn't say the scottish accent for the last one so I'm saying it now

pinof 8:
Fav: Phil dropping his disstrack, plus the brief glimpses of Phil with a quiff (like at 6:53 ;) )
Cringe: asmr: I have really weird reactions to asmr and it makes my entire back seize up, I don't know why

pinof 8 bloopers:
Fav: "it's my fucking crunchy nut" (the therapy thing)
Cringe: Phil not understanding biology + not really cringe per se but i kept yelling "pointillism" at my computer at 0:48 so i'm including this

pinof 9:
Fav: them exposing each other's embarrassing photos (or like the whole video)
Cringe: It's too soon to find anything cringey yet

I'd order them from 9-1-8-6-2-4-3-5-7
That's a variable order, generally I think of 9,1,6, and 8 as the good ones, 2 I don't really have an opinion on, and 4, 5, 3, and 7 are the bad ones
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

nephilimcat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:45 pm
missemma wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:33 pm
Bless his aunt (?) for posting this beautiful picture of this beautiful man that I am totally not going to stare at several times until my eyes fall out :garbage:
I love how soft his smile looks. I guess this is the party he mentioned, his grandfather's one?
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

That selfie with his aunt is beyond cute :love2: that color does suit him wonderfully

...plus the fact that they look so similar is convincing me that he'd look amazing with a hair color identical to her's: a dark, dark brown, not a stark blue-black
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

moderator note:
just to let you all know i've posted a topic here about a few changes to the team that have been made.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm not exaggerating when I say that insta is easily my new favorite photo of Phil.

Holy shit. Everything about him looks so good there? (Could do with a quiff but I'm not complaining.) That shirt is so his color and the glittery collar... it's just so Phil. And his expression is so sweet without being over the top. And there's that Lester glow about him. I'm just repeating everything everyone's said, but I... I just keep staring.

Side note: Can anyone ID the shirt? It's not on Topman or ASOS and that's really thrown me for a loop.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

rizzo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 am I'm not exaggerating when I say that insta is easily my new favorite photo of Phil.
Well, yeah <3 :fan: . I requested this emoji to use for Dan--this may be the first time I'm using it for Phil?. I'm sure a lot of how nice the photo is has to do with it being not a fan photo, so his expression is more natural. (I'm sure he gave his aunt permission to post it, but still.)

Also, despite surprise in some corners, 30-year-olds usually look very good, so I'm not at all surprised that most of us are fainting over most of Phil these days. :fan: I'm sure as Dan approaches 30 and looks ever more handsome, we'll get a repeat of this convo.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:32 pm It's so weird to think that at his family gatherings, Phil is both the queer cousin and also probably the weird one and also the 'no one would have guessed they'd end up super rich and successful' one.
YES.
just...yes. live that life phil, so we can live vicariously through you.

@whelpkeeper i'd add to that, because he'd have to dye it dark brown anyway, there's no added effort in just choosing a different shade next time, after using colour stripper to remove the black staining. however, i wonder if not wanting to appear too similar to Dan weighs on a decision like that? their faces are their brand, i forget they're not like us in the freedom they have to experiment constantly (and people who do change their appearance constantly, that is usually a part of their brand, in itself).

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 pm Thank you malday :tu:

phil is not on fire

1. “This is the most fun I’ve ever had” and tackle
2. All the French phrases
3. “May I stroke your glabella?”
4. Dan’s sassy “zeebra”
5. Dan shoving Phil aside to complain about the quality of his hair straighteners
6. “Voldemort has no nose” “I already look like Voldemort” “I would bang Voldemort”

Cringe moment I would remove: Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus threesome/photo eating

Pinof 2

1. Dan trying to convince Phil that “microwave” is an onomatopoeia
2. The hand bending thing and Phil insisting that his is just the same
3. Titanic reenactment
4. “I’m British and I walk on the pavement”
5. Dan’s outfit

Cringe moments I would remove: “Dan needs an abortion” and Osama Bin Ladin hiding inside your mum

Pinof 3

1. Meowing on helium and “literally”
2. Unicorn drawing (with soft music)
3. “I can show you the world”
4. “Hyper, Kirby, Plumber and Sword”
5. “We both look exactly the same” (hairstyle direction switching)

Cringe moments I would remove: quite a few but I also don’t feel as strongly about them

Pinof 4

1. “I would actually pickle a pickle”
2. Kristen Stewart impersonation
3. Benedict Otterbatch impersonations
4. “Worms aren’t exactly dramatic creatures”

Cringe moments: Burn those masks!
Perhaps not cringe but I would delete it all the same- “Ladies and gentlemen, Phil, your future husband.” The general “no homo” depressed vibe.

Bonus bloopers

1. Tongue twister f bomb
2. Phil covering Dan’s mouth when he won’t stop saying cunt
3. “Because your worth it”
4. Mole vision

“You will be the X factor” beats out “I feel special”, “You are” for me

Cringe moments: Soo much including “the cat whiskers come from within” and their eventual merch. Sarah Michelle Gellar sitting on toilet!Phil and Dan’s Sookie “my furry vagina” impression. But well, they are bloopers.

Pinof 5

1. Friendship handshake
2. Pillow fight
3. Dinosaurs or dragons
4. Attack on Titan “Mikasa” mainly because they do this off camera too
5. Phil’s sexy end screen dance

Cringe moments: The whole thing was basically cringe, it makes me glad there were no bloopers that year. Leading off with “shoulder boobs” really sets the tone.

Pinof 6

1. The whole intro honestly. Though we saw a flash of them drawing the whisker on each other in 5, 6 turns it into a *thing* and it’s hilarious.
2. “America attack”, “you’re ruining freedom for everyone” and “O say can you see!”
3. Lizards duet
4. The anaconda reenactment
5. Impressions of each other
6. Getting into the shared jumper

Cringe moment: the toilet paper roll advertising

As I’ve said this one feels like a breath of fresh air to me and it is more the Dan and Phil I love. They’ve figured out their comedy dynamic/rhythm through both their radio show and the gaming channel. So I can see why some people find this less natural/more persona heavy, but I like it.

Bloopers

1. Impersonating each other’s first videos
2. Give each other names based on what you look like and Dan’s “you know you can’t pull off [ ]” and “Brado Lester”
3. Dan’s doge pose
4. “Friendship, forgettable friendship”
5. Furby
6. “I’d smash that nose” (honestly Dan, which is it, no nose of Phil’s nose?)

I might actually like the bloopers better than the original for this year.

Pinof 7

1. Tug of war with the stress mushroom
2. Friendship yoga
3. Trust fall
4. Barking, staring, trying not to laugh contest
5. “It’s where bloggers are born. Mother.”
6. Dying goose
7. “Your nose is quite a nice texture today.” “Today?”

While there were cringe moments (“exhaust pipe” and “chanksploon all over your mum’s face”) I’d probably leave them in. Maybe cut Dan’s “fabulous”. I obviously prefer the more physical challenges in this one. Sorry ladders. I don’t totally hate the salsa fic.

Bloopers

1. “Nose pressure” extended scene with “stencil”
2. Q retractable umbrella
3. Dan briefly appreciating the inside of Phil’s boxers
4. Dilophosaurus, Dan the dinosaur nerd
5. Dan detecting the rubber chicken with his butt

Original was stronger (as it should be) but the bloopers played really well off of them

Pinof 8

1. “It represents your personality, a bit wayward” “Whatcha sayin mate?”
2. Longest “yeah boy” “Oh nose”
3. “Goodbye Amazing Phil” “And what a thicc channel it was”
4. Lawnmower impersonation with quiff
5. The Internet Is Here hummed with noses beats the jazz cover, but the stripping is good
6. Phil’s diss track
7. Dan carrying Phil
8. Dan’s duvet on Phil’s bed haruing

Bloopers (just doing these in the order they occur)

1. “Do you wanna fight?”, “Yeah”
2. “The annoying prick technique” it’s called pointillism, but it’s a good joke.
3. “I would water my dog”
4. The dandle
5. Dimple jokes
6. Phil having a brief forgetting of how biology works
7. Cereal stealing therapy
8. “Oh dear” banana mush mess

Pinof 9

1. Ph-ph-phil-iel Howell or what?” “No.”
2. “You’re an aged cat, and I’m a little kit.”
3. Arm wrestle
4. Crab walk, Dan’s concern
5. “Hi my name is [Dan]” “F*ck off!” / “Danis Snot On *Fire*”
6. Slime “Excuse me?”
7. Truth Bomb cereal shaming
8. Photo exposing
9. Phil jump scaring Dan as cheese
10. Tattoos

Ranking from favorite to least
1, 9, 7, 6, 8, 2, 3, 5, 4
(objectively 3 and 5 might be worse than 4, but emotionally I can’t really handle it)
this was fun to read through! thanks for sharing. especially as i didn't get time to watch them back like i do every year, you reminded me of some nostalgic moments i'd forgotten. I agree PINOF6 bloopers were better than the original; "lookin' hot. i'd smash that nose." (that whole section, really) remains a strong highlight of anything they've ever said to each other, pinof or not.

0.00-0.20
art in avatar by lily
anenergetic
spork
Pronouns: he/him

My rankings:
8, 1, 9 (mostly bc they used a question of mine), 6, 3, 7, 5, 2, 4
gay :prideflag:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

rizzo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 am Side note: Can anyone ID the shirt? It's not on Topman or ASOS and that's really thrown me for a loop.

It's bugging me that I can't find it either. You would think that the unique search of "mens short sleeve button down glitter collar" would turn up some results, but nothing yet. :frantictyping:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"