Melbourne - Plenary - 19th August

japanophil
tol bean

congrats rachellightwood & tacitus! i got vip centre front, 2nd row, then when i tried to pay it told me there was a processing error & i lost it :cry:
rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: she/her

tacitus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 pm I managed to get VIP!!! Can't believe it - had my sister trying to buy them on her laptop as well and neither of our pages were loading... Those were the most stressful 20 seconds of my life. Thank god it's over omg. So grateful to the universe right now <3 How did everyone else go?
AHHHH! so happy for you. that's amazing. that countdown gave me so much anxiety. bloody hell

also, anyone going alone? because i'm actually from interstate and are roadtripping to it alone. :?
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Congrats to those who got VIP!

My friend and I couldn't get VIP, but I did manage to snag us seats at the very front section in the middle, so we're happy!
rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3

japanophil wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 pm congrats rachellightwood & tacitus! i got vip centre front, 2nd row, then when i tried to pay it told me there was a processing error & i lost it :cry:
oh no! i'm so so sorry. that's awful. i cannot believe it did that to you. did you get another seat??
ladyknight1512
squish

YES! TICKETS OVER HERE!!!! @japanophil that sucks. I had quite good seats and then a processing error got me, too. But at least we're going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*twirls in happy circle*
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

I did kind of try for vip (knowing I had a very slim chance anyway) but since the page took about 10000 seconds to load after the countdown, I thought I had no hope. I did try, but never found any vips. But, I did manage to get two regular seats for me and my sister, right in the middle of the seating chart. Yay! :platonic:
tacitus
crusty sponge

japanophil and ladyknight1512 - Sorry that happened to you guys :( Ticketmaster is faulty and stupid and it's almost based completely on luck and ughhh.
rachellightwood wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:21 pm also, anyone going alone? because i'm actually from interstate and are roadtripping to it alone. :?
Ooh, that'll be exciting! I'm not going alone but I know some people who are, and idk if you went to TATINOF but it's pretty easy to make friends with those around you. We should have a mini IDB meetup :lol:
japanophil
tol bean

thank you, rachellightwood and ladyknight1512 for the kind commiserations :love2: i've just managed to get a normal ticket :) but that processing error just killed me :cry: happy for everyone who got the tickets they wanted, tho!
euphoricxdystopia
not a first-time poster

i took the day of school to get tickets, and i was pretty bummed that i wasn't able to get VIP :cry: so, instead i got tickets that were in the far left gala which weren't that great. i bought them because i was scared that all the other good tickets were taken and that was my only option... OPPS :D Well... anyways I refresh a few more times, and then saw WAY better tickets closer to the middle gala and then bought them too... i have a problem. So, With 4 tickets and down $350-ish, I started skyping my friend, panicking and seeing if i could get a refund. The website wasn't that helpful :? and then because i torture myself, i refreshed the ticket page, saw EVEN BETTER tickets than the 4 i already bought... and... well... i bought them too... :shock:

So, I was then down $650-ish, had to transfer money from my savings account that I'm not allowed to use, ending up with 6 tickets in 3 different places...

BUT my story doesn't have a tragic ending luckily, as I called ticketmaster and they were able to refund the 4 tickets that i didn't want (transferable between 3-5 days), and i was able to keep the 2 really good ones i have now :lol:

reasons why a 15yo should not be allowed to but her own tickets... well, ones with no self control at least.
onemorechance
first-time poster

Congrats to everyone who got tickets!! :)

I managed to get a regular ticket which I'm still super happy about. I'll be flying in from NZ alone though so I'm a bit nervous! :lol:
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

euphoricxdystopia wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:36 am BUT my story doesn't have a tragic ending luckily, as I called ticketmaster and they were able to refund the 4 tickets that i didn't want (transferable between 3-5 days), and i was able to keep the 2 really good ones i have now :lol:
Seriously!?! I might try that! I also managed to get some nicer ones in the gala, much better than the ones I got earlier. Or, if the show sells out eventually, I might try resale.
ladyknight1512
squish

@euphoricxdystopia Thanks for the tip! I also ended up with a couple of extra tickets (and I'm in my late 20s so don't feel bad). I have a friend of a friend who loves D&P so I might see if he wants one first and then I'll resell I guess.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

I got a ticket! didn't get VIP, but so so grateful to my friend for getting me a great seat close to the stage while i was at work!

glad to see everyone so far who tried seems to have gotten tickets, too.

so glad that's over. now we wait for the reviews to roll in before it's our turn 🤗
art in avatar by lily
rachellightwood
phillion/danosaur <//3

@ladyknight1512 + @Susannah + @mermaid blood i'm so happy you got tickets!!

@japanophil thank god you got tickets. it sucks that you didn't get what you wanted but least you're there! you get to see them irl and that's the main thing!

@tacitus i didn't get the chance to go to tatinof so i have legit zero experience with any of this! i know lots of people it's easy to make friends but i am legit awkward to the extreme so ahhh but i absoultely adore the idea of a idb meetup !!

@onemorechance omg that is true dedication! i'm planning to roadtrip it in from interstate all by myself too so don't worry that you'll be the only one
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

got a VIP ticket! that was a stressful morning- 4 friends and i all tried to buy enough for the group, then when that turned up with nothing we tried for single ones, and only 3 of us succeeded after refreshing the pages for 10 minutes constantly in the hopes that someone's transactions didn't go through. :dead:

if anyone happens to have a spare meet and greet or can't go, i'm looking for 2 more, we're already all sitting apart anyway so which seats don't matter. i don't know why they released only one show- the plenary was half full when it was just meet and greet at amplify, surely they would have known how fast tickets would go?
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

good news - ticketmaster emailed me because i bought duplicate tickets and asked if i wanted all of them and of course i said no and they were happy to give me a refund for the first two i bought. yay. this is much simpler than reselling, which is what i had already begun to do on twickets.
ladyknight1512
squish

Yes, they emailed me about my duplicates too so I got them refunded. And they accepted a return email! There I was gearing myself up to call customer service and I didn't need to in the end! What a relief!

It occurred to me earlier that the show is a whole 9 months away. I could have a baby in that time. (I am not going to have a baby.)
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

ladyknight1512 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:19 am Yes, they emailed me about my duplicates too so I got them refunded. And they accepted a return email! There I was gearing myself up to call customer service and I didn't need to in the end! What a relief!

It occurred to me earlier that the show is a whole 9 months away. I could have a baby in that time. (I am not going to have a baby.)
:lol:

i was worried that i might need to call because i'm currently overseas and a long distance call would really blow my budget. thank goodness for such a simple solution.
hiddenwombat

if anyone hasnt gotten their extras refunded yet my friend will deadass pay double for it pls i'm pray hahaha
ladyknight1512
squish

@hiddenwombat there are still tickets available, only standard seats but they're better than not going at all, and I doubt you'll find many people giving up their VIP tickets, especially at this early stage. Seems better to pay standard price for a standard ticket now than wait and hope someone will drop a ticket for three times the price later on. :)
hiddenwombat

ladyknight1512 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:03 pm @hiddenwombat there are still tickets available, only standard seats but they're better than not going at all, and I doubt you'll find many people giving up their VIP tickets, especially at this early stage. Seems better to pay standard price for a standard ticket now than wait and hope someone will drop a ticket for three times the price later on. :)
she has a regular ticket already! just holding out a lot of hope haha
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

my melb ticket is for sale on twickets! if anyone has changed their mind about going, or needs one for a friend. :-P

https://www.twickets.live/block/1032733476415824,1

(i'm still seeing them on tour, just a different date)
art in avatar by lily
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

yay the show is this sunday! just tentatively wondering if anyone is interested in an informal meetup or nah? i'm planning to pop into the pop-up shop on saturday and though i won't be able to meet up much before the show on sunday i'd love to say hi to some of you, even if it's just a brief moment during the intermission or at the end. :)
bestfriendsclub
dank meme

Is anyone going to this show who got their ticket from Twickets? Can you please let me know if you were allowed in and if there were any problems because I'm freaking out about how Phil said you'd need a photo of the original buyer's ID, I don't know how to do that, and I emailed the venue I'm going to and they were like Twickets who? We don't know her. And they said they wouldn't let me in if my name wasn't on the ticket :(
ladyknight1512
squish

@bestfriendsclub Sorry, but why do you need to show any ID at all? The show isn't age-restricted. Surely you'll be allowed in so long as your ticket is valid? Have I missed something?

Return to “Interactive Introverts in Australia & New Zealand”