Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

realeyesrealize wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm
he looks so snuggly and comfty and cute and somewhat small. Here I am again, showing my dantrashiness around.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ahh that twitter post was the softest thing I’ve seen from Dan in a while. Dragging Phil outside to take cute photos
<3
Also I’m quite late to that age discussion but I’m turning 18 in 2 weeks and I’m also feeling quite sappy. I have watched Deppy since late 2013 and I’ve never felt such a strong constant connection to anything else over the past few years. Out of all phases of tv and entertainment and hobbies, Dan and Phil stuck with me? (I’ve mentioned before I also followed the same evolution of sense of humor through the years). I bought tickets to see them on tour in August, just under a week before I move across the country for University. I got a few side-eye glances but I just wanted a way to fully be a part of the audience and appreciate them. (also funding that forever home, amiright?) Sorry, just some thoughts. Happy birthday to all the IDBers in December. I wish you well.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

Let's see if I did this right:
Walk walk fashion baby
But somehow he looks cuddly as heck
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
blackdenim
procrastinator

peekatyou wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:34 pm
Secretstanner wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:03 pmDid dan asking about a partner shock me? Yeah because it’s something they have try to keep away from, I don’t know his reason behind picking that situation for the game but I don’t think it’s to get people to click the video.
I think the reason Dan asked for a partner was just because he thought the answers/suggestions would make for funny content, there’s literally nothing more to it... am I naive? I imagine it’d be kind of weird to ask your significant other to create somebody for you to make steamy love with, but who cares. Maybe that’s how they roll.
I agree, I think the game lent itself to that kind of question - the 'sexy outfits' card Phil chose, and the contortionist one Dan used in the first round - and he thought it would be funny.

Also I'm not sure myself if D&P are together but I don't think it's weird to ask a partner to come up with a character for you to have sex with in the context of the game, particularly a long-term partner. If anything, they've got the advantage since they know what you like in bed :lol:

@LeftHandedism re: net neutrality, I'm sure the internet will have to change if things are going the way they look to be. I don't like to think we're staring down the barrel of the demise of the internet but I do think things are going to change. I think YT is gonna change a lot in ways we can't really conceive of just yet, but Google are obviously a super-smart company, and as long as YT is profitable I'm sure they'll keep it around - it might just not be viable for YTers to make money from the platform any more, which is why now is the time to diversify your career/revenue streams if you are one, and accept that you should be making videos for the love of making videos, which is basically what Lily was saying too, and it seems to me what D&P are doing with YT merch, touring, board games and probably a million other things we don't know about, along with simultaneously (usually) generally seeming more relaxed and freer in their videos. I think they both love YT a lot, and I can't see them abandoning the platform while it's still viable to make videos on it (unless they decide to fade out of the public eye but that's a different discussion) but I imagine they'll make less and less money from it as time goes by.

PS, Add that coat to my ever-growing list of 'Dan's clothes that I desperately want but can't justify buying because they're so damn expensive'.
apathy
sad dimple

Another for YouTubers on YT issues I don't think anyone mentioned yet:

Markiplier talked vaguely about some YT stuff as it applies to him in a recent Cuphead livestream (the incident that starts the topic is at 46:50 and he rambles on for a while, includes discussions of money spent and lost on recent big projects), but the gist is that he hasn't addressed it directly because it's not something his viewers need to worry about. YT being a dick (his words) is his problem to deal with, his viewers have enough other things to worry about like net neutrality, general life and love issues. He's in a place where he can and will keep making videos because he wants to, and bring entertainment to people's days.

I kinda felt like that might be what D&P, or Phil especially, would say - their videos are more about making people smile than the mundane details of life, and they're in a place where they can handle the business side in the background. But Dan does like to share opinions, so I'll be interested as well to see what he might say.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
liola
rankussy

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:38 pm Regarding the tweet: Waiting for someone to point out how many hundreds of dollars that coat costs :lol:
I was so excited yesterday because I saw someone point out that Phil also got a super expensive coat (the one he was wearing at winter wonderland) and I was like "yas my luxury lover babe work that expensive clothes like your bf does, show off that capitalist dream"

Dan looks super snuggly :garbage: and I love the idea that they got dressed after a nice bbreakfast to just walk around and take pictures in the snow ;_;

Any idea if we're getting a video today and what it could be?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

This is all really interesting. One thing to remember- as much as a bad net neutrality decision is going to suck it can be reversed. As much as America affects us all they are still one country. A lot of other countries are moving towards the idea that the internet is a right like having a home, power & food. Progress is never a straight line it goes up and down and we can make the world better.

Anyway I’ll stop preaching :D

I totally agree that as interesting as it all is, this is something YTers should work out behind the scenes. There’s nothing we as fans can do. There was a time when no one could make a living on YouTube maybe there will be a different way they can earn soon.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

realeyesrealize wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm
I’ve been mega busy irl that I’ve watched about 5 videos from gamingmas but wanted to come and say how much I am digging dans outfit. I don’t care if the coat cost hundreds of pounds, he looks fantastic in it. He definitely knows how to dress well, love it.

I have just watched the truth bombs video and sorry but I found sophie and pj kinda like cardboard, boring and stiff. I didn’t enjoy it at all, it felt really forced to me and like they weren’t really enjoying it. I did like watching Deps in it though, the bit about minute phil eating cereal made me laugh more than it should have. I need to catch up on peejs video, I’ll add it to the list of videos I need to watch.
I really really really want them to play Pokémon Go again, I know they’ve not been playing it but Gen 3 (the Pokémon are just the cutest) just dropped so they could pick it up again, and with raids and new game play it’s so much more interesting. I also really want to see that costume Dan bought to dress the same as his character. I’d even go so far to say I want this more than a 2017 DITL!

Also, just because everyone else has posted their photos, my IDB stickers also arrived and they look so cool next to the deppy pixel ones, under a spoiler as im on my phone and it’ll be huge otherwise
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
saffarinda
truth bomb

ayo lads, haven’t been keeping up with the discussion but i thought i’d mention this incase it hasn’t been spoken about

in emma blackery’s vid regarding YT rewind she spoke about how with her group scenes they were on set for hours (9/10) in the freezing cold, had to re-take scenes a lot etc. (i’ll post a link to the vid but it’s quite long).

anyway, it got me thinking that perhaps dan and phil requested to have scenes only together rather than group scenes due to the sheer amount of time spent waiting on set? they did the group scene in 2014, which from vlogs did seem fairly long, but after that they’ve always been in solo (duo? idk they’re basically the same person) shots. their popularity means it’s quite likely they could pull some strings and get less time spent on set.

here’s the vid under a spoiler:
25/04/2017 - #blessed
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Before it really gets too late, I loved PJ’s collab especially him being louder and also Phil’s pigeon distractions. Haven’t got anything to contribute otherwise, but really liked mermaidblood’s post.

I’d have liked the Overcooked stream better if Dan hadn’t been grumpy at the start (miffed/embarrassed about being a cheese? Cheesed off perhaps ;) ) and repeating things like that was so annoying, I was glad when Phil finally said something. Even if it makes the audience then mention it more I’m glad the point was made, I’d have been tempted to smack Dan in the mouth with my controller if I’d been Phil.

I still find it kinda sad how easily they lie about things like having completed a game with the highest scores while letting us think it’s new to them as we’re watching them, even if it’s more that they never mentioned it. I try to understand whatever their reasons are and it’s not a big thing, and if it were a big thing I’d understand it far more, I just don’t enjoy feeling lied to, feels like they’re taking the mick out of us a bit or think we’re too stupid to understand. Which obviously from the usual reaction to almost everything is understandable, but still :|

Dan’s photo is cute, but I did :roll: at him taking so long to get up and everything that it had stopped snowing. Shouldn’t really, I’ve had days of not being up until 4pm, but it was snowing until 3pm here and I’m not that far away.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
sugar
eclipse shirt

about to watch the video but i must say....the title is bothering me. you aren't a patronus...you HAVE a patronus. the title should be what are dan and phil's pantronuses. anyway now that i've gotten that out of my system i'm hoping i enjoy the video!
citizen_erased
truth bomb

and on this snowy sunday, dan and phil continue to expose themselves as fake harry potter fanboys
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:38 pm Regarding the tweet: Waiting for someone to point out how many hundreds of dollars that coat costs :lol:

malday wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:07 pm off-topic but adding to the yotubers who talked about the issues, Jacksepticeye also made a video speaking his mind on the matter (he's also one who actually turned down being in rewind this year):
starting at 5:40
Is it just me or does JSE have the ability to say nothing concrete while talking for hours on end? I feel like the only thing I got from this was that he thinks things aren't ideal, he has no suggestion how to improve it and he will continue to be a youtuber. I stopped watching his subscriber milestone videos cause they were 15 minutes of basically saying the same thing/nothing every time.
coffeepenguin wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:37 pm
I really liked this one. I haven't watched her videos in a while but I enjoyed what she had to say and how geniune she sounded.
The reason why Jack’s vlogs come off like that is because he doesn’t have a script. He just goes off on what is in his mind, so he probably repeats a lot of the same things. I dont mind though, i could listen to him for hours. He still does have good and genuine things to say though and things that are of value, in my opinion at least.

Anyways, onto the the patronus video with deppy. It was cute!! I liked it a lot. They kept teasing each other and I got such couple vibes.
:transheart:
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

another....harry potter video....? :/ great.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
saffarinda
truth bomb

loved the video (bar them thinking harry’s patronus was a deer - it’s a stag - and the title mess up).

interesting lil personality look, found the lil research at the end amusing

the rough or smooth bit was ICONIC!! their faces ohmygod “Just because I don’t like the feeling of rough objects, and for no other reason” lowkey implies you’d pick the rough option for things other than objects ;) :lol:
Last edited by saffarinda on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I really enjoy these quiz videos. I just find them really easy to watch and cute.
kavat
pastel persona

That video was fine, I'm always up for anything HP related. If felt a bit like a filler though, and the tour spon at the end felt like a way to push it over the 10 minute mark.

I want to know where Phils mind went at the rough question... Or maybe not.
thephandommenace
procrastinator

Dan and Phil are literally the owl and the pussy-cat, nursery book lovers
sugar
eclipse shirt

cute video, kind of boring and definitely low-effort but i'll let that slide with all the content they've been putting out.

definitely some interesting answers, such as phil picking sometimes instead of forever.
dan choosing trust and saying that hope & love are pointless without it. definitely the answer of someone in a long term relationship.

some good insight into them. probably not a video i'll rewatch any time soon though.
dancy
procrastinator

The video was cute! I'm not a Harry Potter fan but I liked it none the less and actually more than the Pottermore video. I thought it was sweet when Dan said there's no love (or hope) without trust but a weird when he said he wasn't very cuddly cause I believe it's quite the opposite.

I liked it when Phil pointed out that he's protective but I was kinda hoping he'd pick "forever" instead of "sometimes" but that's just me being a bit sentimental.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Sometimes home :sadgarbage:

But yeah, they were really trying to make that video 10 minutes. Googling the animals and watching cute videos.
Seems like Pottermore changed the quiz though? I remember I did it a while ago and I had big trouble since I'm not a native speaker and it was using very... creative words that I had never heard of and there was no time to google. No wonder I got a bat D:
annabanana
sofa crease

I liked the video! I think it was good to have a chill one after the craziness that was the livestream and I'm always hyped for anything HP related.

Also learned that Phil has the same patronus as me! :-D
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
pcvaidya
squish

I'm a huge HP fan, so I'm here for deppy and pottermore quizzes. Also, I would watch 100 hours of them reacting to cute animal videos.
smartcookie
drama llama

Another pottermore quizz? Not quite the most innovative or groundbreaking content, but it made me chuckle more than once and honestly that’s really the whole point, isn’t it? :sunshine:

The bants were top of the line imo, albeit I must admit dan at times was almost to harsh to poor phil but idk who am I to judge, I’ve most definitely said worse to my frens :roll:
Laughed/cringed at how done dan seemed with phil’s tiit spon at the end really looked as if he had given up on life at that point lol

And I’m not at all jealous that phil’s patronus is my all time fave cat breed whilst I’m stuck with a lousy shark :jealous: :bbb:
everything sucks forever