Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
JustMarie
drama llama

The Star Wars chopsticks are extra af I want one.

The video was great! AND STILL TOO MUCH FLIRT
I knew Phil was going to lose at the second I saw the title, but I was waiting for a miracle.

This day has been a rollercoaster of emotions from happiness, to confusion and disappointment (ew to that insta caption) and back to a slightly less happiness but overall, these two days have been full of stuff and I feel overwhelmed in a fun way.

Edit: Woohoo! Top of the page!! I feel like I accomplished something
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Everything I liked about the video has already been mentioned and I'm glad the videos are more entertaining now. The one thing I miss from last gamingmas is the longer gameplay. Last year most of their videos were 20+ minutes and it seemed like they cared more about making good content whereas this year they've been churning out videos but the content/vidoes have been lazy.
I don't know if that's because they really are over youtube at this point or if this year they are busy preparing for their tour whereas last year they were coming off of a tour but I wish they would recapture some of that magic.

also - we are in the stretch of gamingmas where the editing is getting lazier. I'll excuse it today because I'm just glad we got a video at all but I wish they wouldn't have had so many jumpcuts.
malday
emo goose

At this point if they want to change DAPG into DAPChallenges, i'm ok with it, it's better than half-assing a game and never finishing it. It was a fun video, and i can't hold it against them when they're so self aware
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

My reaction to that Insta caption
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I've watched that video 4 times in a row. I can't stop myself. It's so damn good and I don't even care that it's even further from a game than ever. I.... don't even know where to start with how damn good this was.

I need to timestamp out my fave parts:

the whole time - Dan's hair. It looks so fuckin' good. Phil... uh.... no comment.
2:10 - napkin challenge anecdote is so goddamn cute wtf????
3:57 - dan's reaction to the forfeit is so visceral, i wouldn't be surprised if they bickered in that jumpcut.
5:10 - phil's laugh is adorable. can't pinpoint what it reminds me of, but it's familiar.
5:18 - another restaurant anecdote about how phil uses chopsticks. feels like we're just hanging out with them and they're telling stories. i could get used to this.
5:36 - dan's voice is on the edge of going full whiney!dan here and I AM LIVING
6:33 - clean up your chin, dan. (heh.)
7:00 - tactile philly is here to stay tyvm
8:08 - dan giggling from phil's "oh! it's quite easy" is so natural. #stopthejumpcuts2018
8:45 - both of them wiping at their mouths and honestly it's all good clean fun but my mind is in all sorts of other places
9:09 - throwback clip of dan eating a spicy gummy makes me realize just how much weight he's lost. not a negative. he also seems significantly happier. so... 4 for you dan coco.
9:25 - THE LOOK. the look dan gives phil reads "bitch, we talked about this. if you think i'm gonna eat any of that shit, you've got another thing coming. but i'm smiling 'cause we're on fucking camera."
9:53 - phil's "NO!" omg... so real. so natural. so horrified.
9:59 - "shove it in your fuckin' mouth" where's the fanfic, writers?
10:09 - i know we've all seen his mouth do ridiculous things, but jfc the SIZE of it while he eats that marshmallow. you've got yourself a catch, phil.
11:34 - i'm not gonna lie, i'm thoroughly enjoying dan taunting phil over the crickets.
11:51 - dan's whole face AND body reacts. this is beautiful.
12:04 - they shared a single fruit shoot :')

Now, I'm gonna go collect myself.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I can't, I feel like with each video they get more and more fond. They keep reaching levels of fondness I didn't think we would ever see with them.
Fave parts/some timestamps:
0:31 dan: "I've run out of silly words"
0:50 "honey, -- you've got a big storm coming"
2:01 why is phil pouting and why I can't stop watching that
2:11 cute story about them being "badly behaved" in restaurants yes god thank you
2:33 "neither of us know.." what a cute look and side smile from dan
2:45ish surprise forfeit and dan's complaining and look of despair as he says the word 'fine'
4:16 dan: 'awww' and the cute smile that follows while he talks
6:22 dan shaking his head to get a bite of his burger and I'm mesmerized by his hair
7:02 dan's big laugh and phil's whole reaction to the popcorn
7:22 I'd like to thank god for that second of them looking wide eyed at each other until the taste hits
7:25 dan is too amused
9:28 I want to know what that look and head shake dan gave phil means, if feels like it's full of meanings
9:36 "it's up to you what you do with your hands after the clocks have sounded"
10:21 I can't with Dans gloating
the whole time phil is trying the crickets dan is so focused on whats happening I don't think he even looks at the camera
I end today in a really good mood, thanks deppy
greenergrass
stress mushroom

gnostic wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:59 pm Play an actual game on your gaming channel you numbfucks
Hey, phil would have you know that was the gamiest game of them all because it had a WHEEL.

Really though, I went in prepared not to like it, because really, a chopstick challenge on the gaming channel? But I'm more here for the interactions than the actual gameplay (though good games do make the videos a lot better as long as the bants are still good), and they were quite entertaining in this video. Dan was not here for more gross food forfeits and his reactions are hilarious to me. Phil continues to shine more and more as he has been all year.

P.s. @alittledizzy - I never do this, but I totally confused real life with the fic you posted last night for a minute. As soon as Phil started mentioning the forfeit, I was just like phil, dan's been over this with you, he's not doing this shit anymore. haha for a second I thought that was a conversation they'd had in the last gaming vid. Here's a snippet from the fic for anyone who hasn't read it (dizzy, delete this if you don't want this copied here - not trying to claim your work, just thought it was a funny coincidence):

"Not just beans," Dan says. He shifts back and forward. It's normal Dan levels of fidgeting, Dan's inability to be entirely still, but Phil bites his bottom lip because the friction feels nice. "Anything. I don't want any spicy gummies. I don't want any mystery guess the flavor goo. I don't want anything going into my mouth that I'm not fully aware the flavor of.... what?"

http://archiveofourown.org/works/129907 ... adult=true
kalli
butt chair

The caption on YouTube's insta post is uncomfortable to say the least, I hope whoever did it is rethinking that decision :?

To be honest, I can't help being somewhat disappointed with this year's gamingmas so far. I wouldn't consider the videos bad, but they don't compare to last year's. I'm hoping they pull through with a couple videos to the level of Bubble Bobble, Katamari, Gang Beasts, etc.

I'm going to say Dan's probably not a vegetarian since the marshmallows and gummies likely have gelatin in them. I know there are some out there who give gelatin a pass, but I personally don't consider it veggie friendly and most other vegetarians I know don't either. Although it does look like he's cutting down on meat :tu:
malday
emo goose

liola wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:32 pm For one second, just one second, I got the notification and read chopstick as chApstick and felt my soul leave my body.
You know, it think that was deliberate because it's supposed to be "chopstickS" (that's how it's most commonly used, i think) not "chopstick", but that's just one letter away and they're just having a bit of fun.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I'm writing this on mobile at 2am so apologies in advance for all the inevitable typos/weird grammar.

That said, I love that chopsticks video. These boys (both of them) are so terrible at using chopsticks, it's hilarious. Chopsticks aren't even hard to use, how are they so bad at this. :lol: Also, They should've added m&m's, we did entire contests with moving those with chopsticks in uni. This is really, REALLY pushing the "gaming" idea though, kinda makes me wonder why it's not on Dan's channel instead.

They sure do love bullying each other with gross food, and I am totally here for it. Now give me those hot sauce challenges I've seen on Korean tv, please. :please:
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

malday wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 am
liola wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:32 pm For one second, just one second, I got the notification and read chopstick as chApstick and felt my soul leave my body.
You know, it think that was deliberate because it's supposed to be "chopstickS" (that's how it's most commonly used, i think) not "chopstick", but that's just one letter away and they're just having a bit of fun.
yeah, I read it as chapstick as well, I assume it's an effect they were going for.
Felt a little awkward when I saw the notification for that just after claiming Dan and Phil don't use their perceived relationship for views as much as yt does
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alch wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:22 am
yeah, I read it as chapstick as well, I assume it's an effect they were going for.
Felt a little awkward when I saw the notification for that just after claiming Dan and Phil don't use their perceived relationship for views as much as yt does
To me them using their relationship for views would be if they made a video called 'the chapstick challenge' and then didn't actually do the chapstick challenge - making a video with a pun based name that clearly isn't the chapstick challenge and is in no way trying to actually be is just... idk, funny. I did a double take and then laughed, because I realized the wordplay there.
whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 am P.s. @alittledizzy - I never do this, but I totally confused real life with the fic you posted last night for a minute. As soon as Phil started mentioning the forfeit, I was just like phil, dan's been over this with you, he's not doing this shit anymore. haha for a second I thought that was a conversation they'd had in the last gaming vid. Here's a snippet from the fic for anyone who hasn't read it (dizzy, delete this if you don't want this copied here - not trying to claim your work, just thought it was a funny coincidence):

"Not just beans," Dan says. He shifts back and forward. It's normal Dan levels of fidgeting, Dan's inability to be entirely still, but Phil bites his bottom lip because the friction feels nice. "Anything. I don't want any spicy gummies. I don't want any mystery guess the flavor goo. I don't want anything going into my mouth that I'm not fully aware the flavor of.... what?"

http://archiveofourown.org/works/129907 ... adult=true
Dan totally jossed me and I'm gonna need to have a strongly worded conversation with him about it.

Lets not talk about how cherrybomb3 left a comment on my fic last night that just said "LOL". u lurking, :omgsomuch:?
airie
tol bean

Honestly this. Also it's not very nice to wake up groggily and reach your phone to find the chApstick challenge first thing in the morning, kinda adds to the surrealism of it all :?

But! Never mind that as that Star Wars premiere heaaaaled me <3 <3 <3 Phil looks so good in it? They both look so good and generally always do but Phil Lester, oh my :love1: Would sue if we don't get a Phil liveshow this week, I need to hear him rambling about Star Wars.

Also I've posted this in the danandphilshop merchandise thread but as there's such a short window of time, figured I'll ask here too. Very sorry for being out of topic + double posting :( kind of panicked since it's already December 13
airie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 am Does anyone have any idea whether the dogs calendar can still be ordered throughout 2018, or at least the beginning of 2018? Like, based on this year's calendar? I suppose it can but the shop says the calendar will be shipped on December 15, so I'm just worried it will be the last ever shipment of it, or something. I've tried contacting the shop but got no reply so far, I mean it's not a really important question so.

Also do they generally have an end-of-year sale? Christmas sale of some sort? I wasn't here last year and would like to reduce the price as much as possible since the shipping cost alone would be very high to Southeast Asia :lol: thank you!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

They all went back to Deppy's place for board games after the premiere, but who wrote what?
Philena
blobfish

sonicgreen wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:58 am They all went back to Deppy's place for board games after the premiere, but who wrote what?
If I had to put money on it, from top to bottom:
Phil, Dan, PJ, Sophie
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

i think phil wrote 'continued existence' and dan wrote 'having sex with snoake', though it could be the other way around

i don't know anything about this game, so no idea what these written bits mean
saffarinda
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:30 am
Lets not talk about how cherrybomb3 left a comment on my fic last night that just said "LOL". u lurking, :omgsomuch:?
aww i miss dan cherrybomb’s posts on here! always amusing to read.
sonicgreen wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:58 am They all went back to Deppy's place for board games after the premiere, but who wrote what?
idk i’m too tired for indepth handwriting analysis but whoever wrote the top one has the handwriting of a 4 year old probs dan then
25/04/2017 - #blessed
alien
procrastinator

Philena wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 am
Phil, Dan, PJ, Sophie
I would say this order too. The game looks fun and it's very Phil to win at the last second lol.
malday
emo goose

Personally, I didn't think this was them using their relationship for views, but rather just poking fun because a lot of fans have been asking them to do the chapstick one.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

alien wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:11 am
Philena wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 am
Phil, Dan, PJ, Sophie
I would say this order too. The game looks fun and it's very Phil to win at the last second lol.
I honestly don't really know everyone's handwriting, but I gotta agree, the second one looks like Dan's from his dream journal
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

I actually pulled out my copy of TABINOF for this and keep in mind I'm a complete amateur with no training in identifying handwriting whatsoever, BUT I'd be willing to bet money the top one is Phil's. The general directionality of the writing matches several pages from the book, and the s, a, e, n and t all match from what I can tell. Second one down looks like dan's which is way easier because his handwriting is slightly more consistent and he seems to write smaller with letters more close together whereas phil's is more spread out, generally.

Again, take with a grain of salt. I could be totally off, this is just what it looks like to me.

Now what those are supposed to mean, I have no fucking clue. Don't know the game so who wrote what could have no significance for all I know. Will someone who knows the game enlighten me/us?
fancybum
senpai

That video was so ridiculously good. And so ridiculously not remotely gaming of any kind, but hey, Star Wars takes precedence, fair enough. BUT we're now halfway through gamingmas and the only console game they've played was Mario Kart (p sure). How much merch do we need to collectively buy just to get them to play another game of Millionaire? Or something? They clearly don't mind repeating games, so come the fuck on guys. You've got like 10 or whatever days to go, kick it up a notch. BISHI BASHI BITCHES is a catchy title is all I'm saying. I'd click.

Also so sweet that PJ and Sophie are spending the night. Good thing D&P have 2 good sized couches.............

Oh I forgot to say: I'm always looking out for veggie!Dan but if Dan's a vegetarian there's no way Phil would suggest dead insects to him as a forfeit. Like, there's gelatin, and there's actual dead bodies of previously living things completely whole in front of you. Seasoned. Dan didn't look into it and at no point seemed like he would eat it, but if he was actually vegetarian (rather than just maybe reducing animal products), that shouldn't have even entered Phil's mind as a possibility. But there's always 2018. I'm personally looking forward to my yearly vegan attempt and failure by the end of January :thanks:
Last edited by fancybum on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
helloflyingjellyfish
tol bean

Lmao coming out of lurking to say:

I was slightly shocked at them playing Nightmare because I was just playing it a week or so ago.

Basically, their "greatest fear" is written down on the middle cards (well at least in the first version which I have, I believe they're playing Nightmare III) So,,, nice??
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, cute gamenight and sleepover :love1: I'm surprised by the size of the top card's writing, but I can well imagine Sophie has the more elegant writing at the bottom, PJ is so into creatures a goblin makes sense and the second one has to be Dan.

Also yt has removed the offending caption.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

rizzo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:40 am
9:09 - throwback clip of dan eating a spicy gummy makes me realize just how much weight he's lost. not a negative. he also seems significantly happier. so... 4 for you dan coco.
Sorry rizzo I cut all of your post, but really i laughed out loud at the bolded part. It came to my mind tht part on Mean Girls... amazing.

Apart from that i NEED the paparazzi's red carpet photos in all HD with all those power couple vibes... i'm going to die.

It's a no-no from me to youtube, that's some shady shit in my opinion.

Finally, OH GOD that video, i've died and i'm in heaven? :happytears: touchy phil got me like :garbage: