Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

i sense a golf video incoming soon??

EDIT: top of the page -_-
and yeah, i sent them a friend req to bookmark for easy access soz
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

Yes!! A nice long bants -filled golf video is just what I’m craving :) :)
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

Oohhh I'd kill for gwf!! Either tobight or tomorrow would be just fine but ahh golf pls. I've had such a lobg week and I'd love to have a bit of a longer vid for change.
000dia000
emo goose

dansnose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:00 pm Image

:ravetree:

Anyway, I found it hilarious that they played this "real game" probably to shut people up. Lol. Still, I'd really like a long video soon, every video thus far has been just over 10 minutes. I know they probably get more clicks the shorter it is, but I'd really appreciate something different. Everything's becoming samey samey and there's is nothing really different or exciting anymore. Remember when they used to do videos over ten minutes?? Gasp!!! If I was a casual, there's not much that would excite me to make me want to click back. Them being cute and all isnt that interesting. I honestly don't give a shit about their bed situation, or even the clip of Phil at the end, on the cuteness scale it was painfully average. Phil having no control over the bow and arrow and Dan shouting Phil, NO! did manage to crack my face, though.

Idek, but here's to a good video tonight :ribena:
:cactus:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Can we please keep the steam insider info in spoiler tags D:? I like to get surprised when the video is uploaded.

I also have to say I find it a bit much to search for them on steam and send them friend requests. It's a personal account that isn't meant to be shared with fans. Sure, steam is "just for games", but how is this any less invasive than tracking them on facebook/skype/whatever?
dansnose
delia smith

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pm Can we please keep the steam insider info in spoiler tags D:? I like to get surprised when the video is uploaded.

I also have to say I find it a bit much to search for them on steam and send them friend requests. It's a personal account that isn't meant to be shared with fans. Sure, steam is "just for games", but how is this any less invasive than tracking them on facebook/skype/whatever?
i don’t think i can edit my post anymore to put it under a spoiler so sorry!

and oh, i added them on steam forever ago, with no intention or hope they’d accept my request and purely just to help predict upcoming videos, which i guess wasn’t my best idea? idk i didn’t put much thought to it up until you pointed it out just now. i apologize i feel bad now!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

dansnose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pm Can we please keep the steam insider info in spoiler tags D:? I like to get surprised when the video is uploaded.

and oh, i added them on steam forever ago, with no intention or hope they’d accept my request and purely just to help predict upcoming videos, which i guess wasn’t my best idea? idk i didn’t put much thought to it up until you pointed it out just now. i apologize i feel bad now!
Don’t feel bad. It’s very easy to drift over boundaries when on the internet. We sometimes discuss things here and get carried away and need someone else to question it. You didn’t actually cause anyone any harm :platonic:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
dancy
procrastinator

dansnose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with this tbh. They've shown their Steam usernames in videos before, so it's not like they want to keep it a secret or anything. I've checked their accounts as well out of curiosity and that doesn't harm them in any way besides occassionally being able to tell what gaming videos we'll get.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pmI also have to say I find it a bit much to search for them on steam and send them friend requests. It's a personal account that isn't meant to be shared with fans. Sure, steam is "just for games", but how is this any less invasive than tracking them on facebook/skype/whatever?
I think because it's not a platform with any personal communication or personal information visible, tracking them on steam seems a bit more akin to like... opening a message to them on tumblr just to get the notification of when they're online on tumblr? It's not invasive, and it's using accounts they've made with their publicly-accessible names. To go a step further, I'm pretty sure they've literally shown the steam names in videos. So I dunno, on the question on invasiveness, this falls into the 'fair game' category for me I think? Interested to hear others' opinions thouh.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:06 pm

I think because it's not a platform with any personal communication or personal information visible, tracking them on steam seems a bit more akin to like... opening a message to them on tumblr just to get the notification of when they're online on tumblr? It's not invasive, and it's using accounts they've made with their publicly-accessible names. To go a step further, I'm pretty sure they've literally shown the steam names in videos. So I dunno, on the question on invasiveness, this falls into the 'fair game' category for me I think? Interested to hear others' opinions though.
Wait, that's a thing? Cause I also think that that's weird :? Like, why? I can't think of any answer that doesn't have a taste of obsession/stalkerism in it, I'm sorry.
I see the point of dansnose if you are really curious to see what games they are playing next. I still think it's crossing a line, but it has a purpose related to their provided entertainment/products.

I'm gladly on the far end of the "What's ok and what's being a stalker" spectrum because I know there are real stalkers out there, so if I can pull the average phandom opinion further towards the middle by being an uptight buzzkill, I can live with that.
000dia000
emo goose

They made their names public, they're using their brand names especially. So if someone adds their Nintendo username or whatever from Wii, they're suddenly evil?

Anyway: Interesting he's tweeting about this now. If Phil does a similar tweet but being on brand like "if you want to see my pancake tweets/Pokémon gifts", if quiet Lester does that then I'd be seriously worried for the internet as we know it lmao
:cactus:
malday
emo goose

dansnose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:00 pm

How do you know it's golf with friends? how old is that screenshot?
Loafer
sofa crease

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pmI also have to say I find it a bit much to search for them on steam and send them friend requests. It's a personal account that isn't meant to be shared with fans. Sure, steam is "just for games", but how is this any less invasive than tracking them on facebook/skype/whatever?
I think because it's not a platform with any personal communication or personal information visible, tracking them on steam seems a bit more akin to like... opening a message to them on tumblr just to get the notification of when they're online on tumblr? It's not invasive, and it's using accounts they've made with their publicly-accessible names. To go a step further, I'm pretty sure they've literally shown the steam names in videos. So I dunno, on the question on invasiveness, this falls into the 'fair game' category for me I think? Interested to hear others' opinions thouh.
I agree, especially since a majority of games they show on there seemed to be played for the gaming channel, it’s hardly any more personal or private than the gaming channel itself. The only weirdness for me comes from following them on a platform they don’t advertise or generally interact with users on. It’s not invasive, there’s not really a boundary, but I get why others feel icky about seeing other fans doing it. It’s kind of like watching a play and being able to see what’s happening in the wings - it’s ok to see, but they don’t really want you to look, you know? (Idk if that analogy made sense hah)
Last edited by Loafer on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:17 pm

I think because it's not a platform with any personal communication or personal information visible, tracking them on steam seems a bit more akin to like... opening a message to them on tumblr just to get the notification of when they're online on tumblr? It's not invasive, and it's using accounts they've made with their publicly-accessible names. To go a step further, I'm pretty sure they've literally shown the steam names in videos. So I dunno, on the question on invasiveness, this falls into the 'fair game' category for me I think? Interested to hear others' opinions though.
Wait, that's a thing? Cause I also think that that's weird :? Like, why? I can't think of any answer that doesn't have a taste of obsession/stalkerism in it, I'm sorry.
You are welcome to disagree (debate is what keeps the convo fun!) so I'm not responding again to argue that you are wrong, so much as offer my perspective and answer your question of why.

For steam: because they appear to only use these accounts when filming for the gaming channel (aside from Dan playing the Jason game on his own, after they played it on the channel) and it's fun to get advance notice that something cool is probably coming. The same reason people get excited for filming location shots for their favorite movies or previews for next week at the end of a tv episode. Building anticipation is exciting.

For tumblr: because they only use their tumblr accounts for fan interaction, so when you know they're online (a little green dot will appear by their name and a very vague figure of if they've been online this hour, or how many hours ago) then you know to check for incoming reblogs or liked stuff. Because people would see the reblogs anyway, mostly it's a good heads up that they might be liking really neat stuff so you can keep an eye on their likes. Or if you want them to see something (which never applies to me, but I know does to a lot of people) you know it's a good time to post your art or whatever and tag it with their name.

Both of those reasons involve purely fan and fanbase-oriented things so... not invasive to me. :) Not nearly the same level as someone trying to add them on facebook or skype, both of which are accounts they use for explicitly non-fan oriented things.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I like the decorations on the tree, but not the actual tree.
chiccola
sofa crease

SquishPhan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 pm I like the decorations on the tree, but not the actual tree.
My thoughts as well. But if it's a natural tree (?), this is how it should look ;) (that's why I prefer plastic ones :shrug: )
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Wow that is one sparse looking tree. Not what I was expecting at all, but they’ve done a good job decorating it. Cute.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
Flomy
sofa crease

Nice of them to share a bit of tree! Really like the decorations (and Dan's on-brand hat).
autumnhearth
senpai

Our real tree is very full, but the sparse look is kind of endearing. I love the penguin ornament and Dan’s black Santa hat. :festive:
ams
smol bean

yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

That is one saaad looking tree right there.

And the christmas tree as well.

i'm so lame sorry
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
dansnose
delia smith

oh wow, i didn’t think i’d cause such discussion but it’s instresting to hear your opinions on it!!!
to be honest, the reason i didn’t give it too much thought is because their steam accounts have the same name as their other online stuff which is why to me at least it didn’t seem wrong/ bad? they don’t use these accounts for anything outside of dapg and i would never try and search for anything /private/ such as emails, facebook, skype, personal steam accounts etc bc that will be so so so wrong and i have no desire to ever cross that line.
but i also didn’t add them on steam to bookmark them as an act of stalking bc i open steam so rarely anyways and saw it today by complete accident while being bored at work on my laptop and messing around on steam and that’s also why i got excited to see they were online bc i think the only game they both need to be online for is golf and ^~^

EDIT: ah we finally got some actual festive content but when will phil drop a selfie too!!
hiddenabyss101
tol bean

ams wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:00 pm
that just reminds me of how scarily tall he actually is (tho it might also be a bit of perspective)
Last edited by hiddenabyss101 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That Christmas tree decor definitely drives home that their aesthetic in the new place (in their private living spaces) is definitely 'grown adult men who made an effort' and not 'lovably cluttered nerds'. Not that I'm saying that as either a positive or a negative, I kind of enjoy both sides of their personalities.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:09 pm That Christmas tree decor definitely drives home that their aesthetic in the new place (in their private living spaces) is definitely 'grown adult men who made an effort' and not 'lovably cluttered nerds'. Not that I'm saying that as either a positive or a negative, I kind of enjoy both sides of their personalities.
It is very put together but it's also understandable - sometimes its easy to forget that they are both successful, fully functioning adults outside of youtube :lol: