Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

Amiaw wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:37 am
Sinister Shipper wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am I adore them!! Very cute video!!

I hate that everyone points out all the innuendos & stuff in their videos. Every single video someone points out something that was said or the touchy feely moments or love eyes or whatever & makes a bigger deal out of it than should be. Why can't phans just watch a video for what it is instead of analysing everything that is said or done & making it about their sexuality or how comfortable they are getting in front of the camera so they are more affectionate or not discouraging comments by acting the way they do. Who cares?? Enjoy the content they make, enjoy them making jokes & being silly but stop making everything about them being gay & slowly getting the phans adjusted to the idea of them being together or hinting or making indirect comments that are taken out of proportion & made to be a bigger thing than is necessary.

Tonight's video especially, everyone pointing out the obvious, who cares, just let them be, let them say what they want, do/act how they want & not pick every single thing apart.

Their videos/tweets/Instagram/Tumblr post shouldn't always be reduced to them "alluding" to anything other than the content that they want to put out but everyone makes everything about them being a couple & that's gotta be pretty tiring. They are grown ass adults, they have adult senses of humor, they have curious minds about different subcultures. Their videos & they themselves are more than what everyone takes them for.

It makes me sad that a majority of the comments about this video (not just on here but YouTube & Twitter as well) are going to point out all the gay agenda mentions & rainbows & they are going to be made into Dan & Phil indirectly associating it to themselves but in a round about way.

I personally believe they are together but I would never go crazy & point out every single thing in every single video. Maybe bcuz I feel that phans ruined things for Dan & Phil in the beginning by making comments/accusations/hardcore shipping that they don't deserve to be continuously talked about in such a manner or their videos analyzed in such a way. They deserve to be able to put content out there that doesn't cause speculation of a hidden agenda or message.

Enjoy them & their videos/pictures/posts for exactly what they are, not what you assume them to be!!!

The phandom in general needs to grow up & let things lie as they may & if/when they decide to make things public, I 100% expect so many to say "we knew it" "I told you so" blah blah blah bcuz that's how this phandom is. God forbid the phandom let Dan & Phil have one thing that isn't tainted & made less of or more of a big deal by their maniacal fans.

I am not in any way shape or form pointing a finger at anyone personally here or anywhere else for that matter, only stating the very obnoxiously obvious truth about the majority of this phandom. Put yourselves in their shoes, how sick & tired would you be if for the past 8 years everything you said or done was picked apart by millions of people who think they know you but have no clue & make very public their opinions about your personal life. I'd find it quite hard to want to do anything bcuz of how those people tear it apart. Getting butthurt bcuz they didn't do a DITL video this year but omg they've done one every year for the most part, cry cry cry! It's about what they want to do & shouldn't be about what others expect them to do. They started YouTube bcuz they wanted to do what they wanted to do but the phandom put them in a corner by spamming their comment sections with expectations & it got to the point where Dan said enough, I'm getting back to doing what I want to do & I'm rebranding bcuz those people ruined the image I had put out there. Everyone says they love DnP but I think this phandom is very disrespectful, demanding & in some cases delusional. When's it going to change? Continuously calling a 26 year old a rat even tho he wants to get away from that brand is going against his wishes but he plays it off bcuz he's too much of a sweetheart to say anything. Treating an almost 31 year old as an "innocent bean" is ridiculous bcuz he's obviously only showing his online persona to the world - he's a 30 year old man that is far from innocent so when he swears or says a crude joke, the world can't take it. This is not how they should be forced to act bcuz everything is taken out of context.

People need to stop projecting their thoughts, opinions & feelings on Dan & Phil's content in every form of social media & just allow them to freely say & do as they please without making it about something you think it's about.

Rant over - bring on the backlash cuz I'm sure it's coming!!!
I agree that people can take the shipping too far and let it color their perception of everything dan and phil do however they have admitted that they will say things or drop hints to steer the phandom a certain way so I don’t think they are completely innocent bystanders in this.

At the end of the day, as long as people aren’t crossing any lines, I don’t see why we need to police how people feel about dan and phil or how they choose to express it.
I agree but I also feel that people go way too far. They don't have to point every single instance or show examples (gifs, vid clips) on every single thing that Dan & Phil post.

I also agree that Dan & Phil aren't completely innocent but I also think they deserve more respect when it comes to comments, theories & posts than what they get.
Last edited by rizzo on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: coding fix
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Ahhh I’ve been loving gamingmas so far this year! It’s very laid back and chill. I have no idea what one is my favorite anymore because every time I say one is my fave, the next day a new one comes out, I change my mind. If I had to chose so far I’d say my top three are
-Taste Our Rainbows (because I had to deal with heteronormative bull shit today and hearing deps talk about two lesbians running away with eachother made me very happy)
-Not My Arms (because of how funny and playful it was)
-Dan Lost His Voice So We’re Playing Charades (because it was just hilarious seeing dan squeak and suffer)
A runner up is totally the ending to the VR Skyrim video just because :love1:

With the way things are getting more and more casually with the gaming channel, after seeing the chopstick challenge, I couldn’t help but jokingly say “why don’t they just rename the channel to just ‘Dan and Phil’?” I mean it’s already their joined channel as it is, they can still play games on it, but taking out the games means if they wanted to, they could just make extra vlog like dan and phil content on another channel. I mean I know phil already does that on his channel but also it could make sense in away?
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

"We are hitting you with our gay agenda"

Then where is the cake scene, dream daddy, and idk any gay sim?

Sorry I don't believe lol.
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 am The same way some people are in fandom because they like Dan, or they like Phil, or they like dry humor and sketches, or they liking watching two tall British guys casually game... some are in fandom because they just like the story of Dan and Phil, and watching it unfold on a personal level.
:stan: this post perfectly encapsulates everything i feel about the topic

also, i somehow read "two tall British guys" as "two tall gayish guys" and i'm dying at how funny my brain is
malday
emo goose

Sinister Shipper wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am I am not in any way shape or form pointing a finger at anyone personally here or anywhere else for that matter, only stating the very obnoxiously obvious truth about the majority of this phandom. Put yourselves in their shoes, how sick & tired would you be if for the past 8 years everything you said or done was picked apart by millions of people who think they know you but have no clue & make very public their opinions about your personal life. I'd find it quite hard to want to do anything bcuz of how those people tear it apart. Getting butthurt bcuz they didn't do a DITL video this year but omg they've done one every year for the most part, cry cry cry! It's about what they want to do & shouldn't be about what others expect them to do. They started YouTube bcuz they wanted to do what they wanted to do but the phandom put them in a corner by spamming their comment sections with expectations & it got to the point where Dan said enough, I'm getting back to doing what I want to do & I'm rebranding bcuz those people ruined the image I had put out there. Everyone says they love DnP but I think this phandom is very disrespectful, demanding & in some cases delusional. When's it going to change? Continuously calling a 26 year old a rat even tho he wants to get away from that brand is going against his wishes but he plays it off bcuz he's too much of a sweetheart to say anything. Treating an almost 31 year old as an "innocent bean" is ridiculous bcuz he's obviously only showing his online persona to the world - he's a 30 year old man that is far from innocent so when he swears or says a crude joke, the world can't take it. This is not how they should be forced to act bcuz everything is taken out of context.

People need to stop projecting their thoughts, opinions & feelings on Dan & Phil's content in every form of social media & just allow them to freely say & do as they please without making it about something you think it's about.

Your opinions are valid and i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but i just want to point out that the bolded parts could be interpreted like you yourself are over-analyzing and projecting and thinking you know their real thoughts and feelings and motives.

You can't really stop people from taking away whatever they want from Dan and Phil's content, or gif a moment they think is cute or funny.
If you stifle that, there wouldn't be any memes or inside-jokes or any of the fan-content they celebrated and added in their last tour.

I agree that some fans take it too far (and don't realize they are being really rude), but personally, i don't think any amount of ship-y comments or demands for DITLs or challenges is going to force two adult successful men, who have been doing this as their job for almost a decade, to do anything they don't want to do. They already proved that.
000dia000
emo goose

Sinister Shipper wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am
I adore them!! Very cute video!!

I hate that everyone points out all the innuendos & stuff in their videos. Every single video someone points out something that was said or the touchy feely moments or love eyes or whatever & makes a bigger deal out of it than should be. Why can't phans just watch a video for what it is instead of analysing everything that is said or done & making it about their sexuality or how comfortable they are getting in front of the camera so they are more affectionate or not discouraging comments by acting the way they do. Who cares?? Enjoy the content they make, enjoy them making jokes & being silly but stop making everything about them being gay & slowly getting the phans adjusted to the idea of them being together or hinting or making indirect comments that are taken out of proportion & made to be a bigger thing than is necessary.

Tonight's video especially, everyone pointing out the obvious, who cares, just let them be, let them say what they want, do/act how they want & not pick every single thing apart.

Their videos/tweets/Instagram/Tumblr post shouldn't always be reduced to them "alluding" to anything other than the content that they want to put out but everyone makes everything about them being a couple & that's gotta be pretty tiring. They are grown ass adults, they have adult senses of humor, they have curious minds about different subcultures. Their videos & they themselves are more than what everyone takes them for.

It makes me sad that a majority of the comments about this video (not just on here but YouTube & Twitter as well) are going to point out all the gay agenda mentions & rainbows & they are going to be made into Dan & Phil indirectly associating it to themselves but in a round about way.

I personally believe they are together but I would never go crazy & point out every single thing in every single video. Maybe bcuz I feel that phans ruined things for Dan & Phil in the beginning by making comments/accusations/hardcore shipping that they don't deserve to be continuously talked about in such a manner or their videos analyzed in such a way. They deserve to be able to put content out there that doesn't cause speculation of a hidden agenda or message.

Enjoy them & their videos/pictures/posts for exactly what they are, not what you assume them to be!!!

The phandom in general needs to grow up & let things lie as they may & if/when they decide to make things public, I 100% expect so many to say "we knew it" "I told you so" blah blah blah bcuz that's how this phandom is. God forbid the phandom let Dan & Phil have one thing that isn't tainted & made less of or more of a big deal by their maniacal fans.

I am not in any way shape or form pointing a finger at anyone personally here or anywhere else for that matter, only stating the very obnoxiously obvious truth about the majority of this phandom. Put yourselves in their shoes, how sick & tired would you be if for the past 8 years everything you said or done was picked apart by millions of people who think they know you but have no clue & make very public their opinions about your personal life. I'd find it quite hard to want to do anything bcuz of how those people tear it apart. Getting butthurt bcuz they didn't do a DITL video this year but omg they've done one every year for the most part, cry cry cry! It's about what they want to do & shouldn't be about what others expect them to do. They started YouTube bcuz they wanted to do what they wanted to do but the phandom put them in a corner by spamming their comment sections with expectations & it got to the point where Dan said enough, I'm getting back to doing what I want to do & I'm rebranding bcuz those people ruined the image I had put out there. Everyone says they love DnP but I think this phandom is very disrespectful, demanding & in some cases delusional. When's it going to change? Continuously calling a 26 year old a rat even tho he wants to get away from that brand is going against his wishes but he plays it off bcuz he's too much of a sweetheart to say anything. Treating an almost 31 year old as an "innocent bean" is ridiculous bcuz he's obviously only showing his online persona to the world - he's a 30 year old man that is far from innocent so when he swears or says a crude joke, the world can't take it. This is not how they should be forced to act bcuz everything is taken out of context.

To be honest, there's very little I engage and talk intellectually and critically on when they play a children's arcade game that spits rainbows. Gameplay commentary: it was average. Progress: nobody cares, especially for a stand-alone video with no sequel to carry on from, so you might as well just enjoy the bants. Dan over-analysing the video game for the lols and making me uncomfortable with talks of environment? Check. Also the over-analysis of the previous game's heteronormative storyline of the literal trope damsel-in-distress that must be rescued? Check. Dan's clever subversion of the of the two girlfriends becoming so irrelevant they instead run away together? Yes. This lesbian romance carried into the sequel and Dan's over-analysis of a rainbow spitting game, and its apparent LGBT representation? Okay, sure. A snide remark on it pushing the "gay agenda"? Lol. That's funny. They were pretty cute too!!!!111!!! especially at that moment @19.40 where they both sit in front of the Christmas tree in their shared apartment??/ Disgustingly adorable :love2: (and a lot more I could say, but isn't just stating the obvious)

The fact is, there's very little to engage with about their videos that's appreciative where most audience appreciation lies in their humor, their chemistry, and their relationship. If they wanted content to be analyzed and appreciated for its form, they will make content that adheres to that. They are currently happy with the content they make, as it suits them, and also appeals to the majority of their audience. They are not behaving in a way that is pandering, nor does their audience bully them into this behaviour. What you see is their joined decision on how to behave, what content they put out, and what kind of entertainment they want to make. Just plain fun and bants. You simply cannot expect mature and thought-out responses to mindless entertainment like children's games and charades.

I think the underlying thing people can all agree on is Phil's glasses :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:cactus:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

000dia000 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:47 amI think the underlying thing people can all agree on is Phil's glasses :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
The truth at the heart of all of this.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Sinister Shipper wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am People need to stop projecting their thoughts, opinions & feelings on Dan & Phil's content in every form of social media & just allow them to freely say & do as they please without making it about something you think it's about.
Alternatively. Maybe you need to stop projecting your thoughts, opinions and feelings on what the phandom shitposts on social media and let them freely say and do whatever they want as long as they're not hurting anybody, without feeling the need to write a bible on how much you hate basically all we do here and why IDB exists while no one is forcing you to participate in those specific things. :thumb:

On that note, here's my video commentary where I point out bits from a video, pick them apart, wiggle my eyebrows and make jokes of varying quality:

- "My annoying voice is back." King of self awareness.
- "It's a big gay propaganda game." Shook. :shock:
- Dan got eggplant emojis on the mind.
- "It's gay global warming propaganda." Shook x2. :o :o
- Dan wishes there were stars that kill everything in real life. Same tbh.
- Phil's school had a debate on whether birds are animals or not and Phil clarifies that he's not a moron.
- Dan goes on a rant about how games used to be more difficult and buying cheats but gets cut off by Phil dying.
- So we have this game to blame for all of Phil's generic pancake tweets?
- "Phil, there's a literal bag of cash over there." "omg omg YAAAS." Capita£ester jokes write themselves at this point.
- My new cat was chilling on my bed and he got spooked by Dan's high pitched scream. I'm sorry sweetie.. get used to hearing this loser screaming tho.
- Phil wants to fuck the helicopter from Cars. :|
- "Now this is an anti-capitalist statement." I kinda expected Phil to just go up in flames at hearing that sentence. :onfire:
- "We're hitting you with our gay agenda." :prideflag: :prideflag: :prideflag: Warm welcome to our next thread title.
- Dan really got mind in the gutter today, first the eggplant and now the cannon.
- The smoothest segue into #spon Phil has ever done.
- Did we almost get Phil saying 'fuck' there in a rhyme attempt??
- Phil also got his mind in the gutter, giggling at 'suck out brains out' :roll:
- They're playing something Undertale related next week?
- "His thicc booty hit me when he turned into a person." and "Stop investigating under his cloak." all in two seconds.
- Dan brings up the ineviatbility of death. Phil 'I Wanna Be Immortal' Lester is not here for it.
- Dan has done a face heel turn on the furries and now wants them removed from society. Or that's what he wants us to think.
- My cat has been with me for less than 48 hours and is already done with Dan's screaming.
- But Phil, Dan is always thinking about you~
- Yesterday it was pizza, now it's burgers.. and they had their Christmas tree delivered. Theory: D&P got a thing for delivery guys.
- That end screen looks domestic as hell, I love death. :dead:

Holy Mother of Actual Gameplay. Great video, I enjoy the little nostalgia trips on the gaming channel. It really illustrated what I said about the Poptropica video not feeling genuine because it wasn't nostalgic for either of them but only for part of their audience. But when it's a video about a game either of them DO feel nostalgic for, you can feel how they genuinely love what they're playing and how excited they are to share it with the audience and each other. I'm also glad Dan is doing better, let's hope Phil doesn't get sick.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
gasp
phillion/danosaur <//3

000dia000 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:47 am I think the underlying thing people can all agree on is Phil's glasses :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Over a year later and nothing has changed. We are all still trash for glasses-Phil. :stan:
"I will sue your ass into oblivion"
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

Re: phandom - I agree that people can and do sometimes take it too far. With that said, I also agree that having people who notice and are passionate about the same things and want to discuss those things/ make gifs/ write fanfic/ etc. is what makes a fandom what it is. I'm of the opinion that we all have our own experiences with the thing we're fans of and that is completely ok. If you're not comfortable with certain aspects of a fandom then don't engage with those but as long as it's not actually hurting anyone or impacting dnp irl (like stalking, for instance) I don't personally see a problem with it. Whatever your view, there is some corner of a fandom with people that share that view, it just might take a bit of searching sometimes. However, trying to police others experiences in a fandom and how they relate to the thing they are fans of doesn't seem terribly useful, in my opinion.

Re: videos - I loved the rainbow bubble bobble! Oh such a good video :yippee: and one I will definitely rewatch several times. That endscreen fail was hilarious!

Also, gave the charades video another watch and it was definitely my sour mood that ruined it for me yesterday. I actually really liked it with the rewatch! And thanks to those of you who commented on the boob king bit - it was just me being silly and overly sensitive from a bad day :oops: I appreciate the different perspectives you provided and actually chuckled at the rewatch seeing it through that lense!
autumnhearth
senpai

That video was extra and yes, :prideheart: GAY :prideheart: (says the person who recently complained about people overusing the word gay to describe d&p’s content :shrug: )

I prefer the first Bubble Bobble and didn’t like this game play as much, but I do appreciate the nostalgia and Phil sharing something from his childhood with us and Dan.

Dan’s ranting about the “message” of the game got a bit much for me, but I might not be in the best mood. I did like his softer voice throughout and his tiny high pitched screams.

And of course the endscreen under the Christmas Tree was the best. Is it possible that they skipped the party tonight?

Great timestamps dizzy and Catallena! :tu:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

This was so relaxed Dan and Phil, it flowed so well and they were good at supporting each other. Glad Dan's voice came back so well after he screamed twice during Charades, I guess he rested his voice properly enough the rest of the day to get it back so fast. It was fun to see such an old game from Phil's childhood again, it's interesting just to see what games were like then, got me thinking about things like the things games have you collect, so much food in older games, then coins and rings etc. The endscreen was precious. For all that they edit and curate, they do show us their realness here and there.
dontpanic
#relatable

Sinister Shipper wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am I adore them!! Very cute video!!

Sorry for my useless post, but when I saw the word "deluded" in the bolded part of your post I had weird horror flashbacks to the Larry shipping in 1D :shock: :lol:

I think coming from such a militant fandom such as one direction, I am impressed at how the interactions between fans and Deppy are for the most part a positive experience, especially since Dan and Phil have both expressed numerous times how they appreciate fan creation. Whereas Louis from 1D has said a number of times how fans ruined his friendship with Harry (like, to the level where he seemed seriously overly defensive), Dan and Phil are literally going on tour to interact with their audience even more. Why would they be putting on another live tour event if they felt significantly stifled by their audience?

anywho, I guess my thought is that even if they had only casual viewers as an audience they would still act careful in front of the camera, because what they put in their content is what they want people to see. They're both competent men, if they don't want to do something they won't do it. A big part of being in a fandom is to over-analyze things, and Dan and Phil have both been in multiple fandoms so they are very much aware this is the case and they don't seem to mind, they encourage fanwork and Dan gets super passionate when he says stuff insinuating how fanfiction is a positive thing.

and yeah, sometimes their fans go too far with things, but when that happens there's always someone who'll speak up and point that out (at least here, idk about tumblr/twitter).

idk I got off topic, sorry.
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

they stopped caring and it’s the best thing to ever happen to me.
that was one of the best video they posted this gamingmas (dare i say it’s one of the better on dapg in general? it was so entertaining and i already feel like rewatching it)
the thing with the casual titles and more chill attitude is making me really excited to see what the rest of gamingmas will be like which is funny bc earlier this month i was pretty upset at gamingmas being “weaker” than last year’s and for the lack of real gaming but deppy pulled through and delivered some gems this year that i will forever cherish <3
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

Best video so far in gamingmas. It’s adorable and I loved it so much. They had such flirty vibes, even more so today. But gosh it was adorable and the game was cute!
:transheart:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

dansnose wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:32 am they stopped caring and it’s the best thing to ever happen to me.
me. too.

bubble bobble is so lovely! phil's nostalgia, cute characters, dan getting gaming tips from phil, working together. more please! i wanna see them finish the levels.

i think the phandom's ironic humour is lost on some. and that's okay, not every content creator and the relationship between them and their audience is to everyone's taste and enjoyment; though it bothers me that someone would worry dan and phil are being disrespected or feel pressure to come out. i understand that protectiveness, totally. because i also don't like seeing fans refer and hint to some assumed coming out, which they don't owe anyone, ever - supporters nor detractors. the rest i see as appreciative observation, and the core active phandom is one of the most fiercely supportive and respectful fanbases out there. not to mention one of the most 'woke'. (comparatively to other youtube fandoms; not perfect on everything of course. defending felix and reductive attitudes towards POC deppy fans being one problem).

dan and phil do not need to be protected from people admiring their bond. expressing this admiration is not a pressure on the glass closet, in and of itself. many others things, are. for example, me expressing this opinion and using the term 'glass closet' AT them, i would never do. on a forum they need to seek out to read? yes, i will.
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:57 am
:24 - Their lens broke.
:35 - Phil's nostalgia quest.
1:29 - They immediately write the girlfriends out as having run off together.
1:34 - Gay propoganda game.
2:44 - Gay global warming propoganda; a good social message.
3:51 - Boob King; so this was def filmed yesterday.
4:03 - "Insects are gross but lesbians should be allowed to run away and live their own life."
4:41 - "I'm scared, Phil."
5:00 - Phil childhood story, are birds animals?
5:55 - Phil encouraging Dan. (Dan's Eric Trump joke.)
6:09 - Our bath
6:48 - Phil gets verbally violent ("Goddamn bird. Idiot.") and jokes he's turning into Dan.
8:29 - Phil attracted to anthropomophized helicopters.
8:36 - They both get filthy over an apricot that looks like a butt.
9:20 - "We're hitting you with our gay agenda."
9:25 - Canon looks phallic.
9:31 - Dan calls Phil awesome at the game.
10:31 - Phil sponning. (Dan drafts a tweet.)
10:44 - "Philly L. OML."
11:12 - Phil is hungry, Dan is craving fine material.
11:20 - Phil navigates around rhyming with the word truck.
12:34 - Dan delivering a very 'I'm sorry, what? Try again.' boyfriend look.
12:45 - Phil says "cousins want to suck our brains out" and then giggles because he thinks it's inappropriate.
13:30 - Sans and Papyrus mention.
13:39 - Phil calls something 'dank.' Confirmed, they are one person.
13:50 - "Birthday part at a Wimpy." (Dan's, or he went to someone's?)
14:20 - Thick booty.
14:34 - Rainbow power activate.
14:54 - Phil is offended that the message is ginger people want to hurt you.
15:09 - "Fabulous ginger vampire backing his butt up into your face." (Potential blurb for The Urge 2?)
16:03 - Furries need to be removed from society.
16:10 - Phil singing Don't Stop Me Now.
16:48 - Dan is upset by the phrase 'tasty treat' - Phil is so amused by that I feel like there must be some inside joke there.
17:04 - "We are gonna be celebrating tonight."
17:24 - "Throbbing in the side of my head." "I'm glad you said head."
18:47 - "Get on top of him and fire into his head."
19:24 - Meditation mention (from Phil).
19:40 - End screen cuteness, and tree.
eeee, thank you.
can i add 7.24? that ear splitting squeal and 'i'm scared!' was plain adorable. dan's energetic expression (lol) finds it's best outlet when he's really enjoying himself. letting phil show him what to do while feeling free from a (self-perceived) responsibility for the gameplay as the more honed player out of the two of them, i feel contributes to his sweeter gaming moments.

edit: if dan is truly upset with being called a rat, but too polite to say so, he needs to at least tell Phil. who found it very funny that the character in the boardgame they were playing the other night called dan's character a rat, as related in his last liveshow. maybe phil is just an asshole though, lol
art in avatar by lily
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

This is the first video of gamingmas 2017 to get a solid 10/10 rating from me, I loved it for all the reasons others have already said. I firmly believe that Phil of even a year ago would not have been the first of the two of them to bring up the gayness of the game, and I love that we live in this world where neither of them played off the gayness as a joke or tried to distance themselves from it. Great vid.

Sinister Shipper I don't understand why this was the video that prompted you to make that post. All I see are people who are presumably LGBTQ+ expressing their happiness and delight at Dan and Phil making a video and not shying away from the fact that the video is pretty camp, instead going out of their way to headcanon the two girlfriends as lesbians and comfortably talk about the "gay agenda" of the game in a positive way.

This is a forum in which we discuss in depth Dan and Phil and their content, and in this case a central theme of the gaming video was arguably gayness. Like, what else do you expect people to talk about? I can't speak for everybody, but what excites me so much about Dan and Phil embracing the gayness of the game is simply the fact that it resonates with me personally. I am not straight, and I am passionate about LGBTQ+ issues because I myself am LGBTQ+, so I enjoy content that relates in any way to sexuality.

What on earth is morally wrong about people finding joy in the fact that Dan and Phil said the word "gay" so many times in a video? And if your issue is that people are drawing conclusions that this means Dan and Phil are gay, then I don't really know what to tell you. Obviously there are boundaries people shouldn't cross, and no one should ever presume to know anything specific about Dan and Phil, nor should anyone be pressuring them to come out. But like, given the things that Dan and Phil have said over at least the past year (Dan especially), it's reasonable to assume that they aren't straight. No one is drawing conclusions about their sexualities based solely on this video, but it does add to the picture a little.

I don't know, I just frustrates me when people are accused of being invasive or inappropriate just for discussing comments that Dan and Phil literally said, filmed and included in a video, on a forum that was set up for that purpose, when so many of the people accused are LGBTQ+ themselves.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Sinister Shipper, there are quite a few people who have crossed the line in the past. Like people who went to their neighbourhood or who met them at airports, and we condemn them all. But past that line, where people make theories and smile over comments and discuss eye contact, I struggle to understand why you'd think that upsets them so much. This isn't 2012 anymore, Dan isn't broadcasting about how he's *NOT gay* and they're not making excuses for every little thing they do, even if it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do as friends, let alone best friends. And maybe that's because Dan has come to terms with himself through the therapy he's been having, or simply because they're happier now, but it's not right that you jump out of your wormhole from 2012 and say that we're stressing them out oh so much. If we were, they wouldn't make light of it all the time and essentially nudge nudge the audience when they make comments like "our gay agenda". If we were, they wouldn't still be doing this. It's impossible to expect two YouTubers to go on when people are actively stalking them like I talked about earlier, but not so much to expect they wouldn't care about some shipping, esp. since they allude to it so much.

I feel like you just wanted to make some people feel bad, and others mass respond to you, but you tell me.
Anyway, did anyone notice a vignette kinda effect on Dan and Phil in the video? Like they'd added a filter or something? The corners are dark is what I mean.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

relatablemood wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:04 am Anyway, did anyone notice a vignette kinda effect on Dan and Phil in the video? Like they'd added a filter or something? The corners are dark is what I mean.
They mentioned that in the start? Their lense broke so they were using Dan's "edgy" lense instead.

I made the mistake of reading the forum before watching the video so I was expecting a lot. It was a good and wholesome video, not too much screaming, but also not incredible exciting gameplay. Dan mentioning Dark Souls almost got my hopes up that we might see some more AAA game action, but by the sounds of the Sans & Papyrus comment, I think they got all their games scheduled out already. I would pay money to see Dan actually attempt to play Dark Souls or Bloodborne.
blackdenim
procrastinator

@relatablemood I noticed that too but I assumed it was something to do with the fancy arty lens.

I loved this video - I think they're 'giving the people what they want' but also kind of just doing what they want to do which I am 100% here for.

All the 'gay agenda' stuff is way more interesting/exciting, but Dan saying 'this is why we need to divest from fossil fuels' had me fully shook - I've always known he's a socially responsible person but climate change is my own personal passion (we have like, 2 years to save the world, guys) and I love my faves spreading the message.

Also lots more car mentions but negative this time! I wonder what this means for the theory.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:22 am
relatablemood wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:04 am Anyway, did anyone notice a vignette kinda effect on Dan and Phil in the video? Like they'd added a filter or something? The corners are dark is what I mean.
They mentioned that in the start? Their lense broke so they were using Dan's "edgy" lense instead.
Oh, crap. My bad for not paying attention :?
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

mermaid blood wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:59 am can i add 7.24? that ear splitting squeal and 'i'm scared!' was plain adorable. dan's energetic expression (lol) finds it's best outlet when he's really enjoying himself. letting phil show him what to do while feeling free from a (self-perceived) responsibility for the gameplay as the more honed player out of the two of them, i feel contributes to his sweeter gaming moments.
yes!! i'm usually the first one to roll my eyes at dan being loud, but i couldn't deny that that high pitched squealing was frickin adorable
realeyesrealize
living flop

I loved Rainbow Islands. Bubble bobble is one of my favourite videos from last year's gamingmas (along with WWTBAM, love me some soft nostalgic deppy) and this video had the same relaxed vibe, with the added touch of Phil's new-found love for suggestive talk while playing games. Not kink-shaming, though.
captainspacecoat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:05 am This is a forum in which we discuss in depth Dan and Phil and their content, and in this case a central theme of the gaming video was arguably gayness. Like, what else do you expect people to talk about? I can't speak for everybody, but what excites me so much about Dan and Phil embracing the gayness of the game is simply the fact that it resonates with me personally. I am not straight, and I am passionate about LGBTQ+ issues because I myself am LGBTQ+, so I enjoy content that relates in any way to sexuality.
Quoting captainspacecoat to say I think you hit the nail in the head with this post, at least for me. As an LGBTQ+ person myself (with a slight obsession with everything rainbow-related), this video was everything to me. I was hit so hard with Dan and Phil's gay agenda that I actually considered draping my pride flag around me and going to my local LGBTQ+ club. I didn't though, but try and take this video away from my lesbian hands, I dare you.

Anyway, long live the gays. :prideflag:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

snokoplasmic wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:05 am
mermaid blood wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:59 am can i add 7.24? that ear splitting squeal and 'i'm scared!' was plain adorable. dan's energetic expression (lol) finds it's best outlet when he's really enjoying himself. letting phil show him what to do while feeling free from a (self-perceived) responsibility for the gameplay as the more honed player out of the two of them, i feel contributes to his sweeter gaming moments.
yes!! i'm usually the first one to roll my eyes at dan being loud, but i couldn't deny that that high pitched squealing was frickin adorable

it's his baby dinosaur mouth that gets me
art in avatar by lily
Loafer
sofa crease

sinister shipper your post is long so I don’t want to quote. Just wanted to say that I would’ve agreed with your post back in 2012, when they were actively discouraging people from phan. But it’s obvious the tides have turned pretty dramatically, as evidenced by the fact that THEY named the video “taste our rainbows” (with nothing to indicate that they were joking around) and that seems to be...rather encouraging, don’t you think?

So now, your post comes across like you were a phandom police member who fell asleep in 2013 and just woke up. Welcome to to the new Dan and Phil, post post baking universe, who seemingly can’t be arsed to care what people think about their relationship anymore, and welcome to IDB, where many of not most of the users here enjoy speculating and talking about their relationship.

For me, their chemistry and relationship is 100% the best and most interesting part of them. Without it, I would be a much more casual fan. To me, it’s not about shipping, or being right. I think their relationship is such a nice, happy, wonderful thing, I love seeing the bits of it they choose to make public. I’m rooting for them and for their happiness, and they seem so so much happier since they’ve chosen to not filter themselves as much, so why should I try not to enjoy what they are putting out for me to enjoy? (If that makes sense)

I’ll talk about and admire their content and professional achievements when I’m impressed with them (which happens frequently - I’m constantly floored by Dan’s storytelling ability, and still get a little misty thinking about his recent speech, and I love seeing phils creativity shine on videos like the April fools one) but that’s just not what keeps me in the fandom. Soz.