Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Just some further thoughts specific to Dan and Phil vs other rpf shipping.
The reason I’ve been okay with Real Person shipping for about 15 years is because I was always aware that it was the public persona not the person themselves. That shipping this actor with that one was not so different to gossip magazines and that fans didn’t actually influence the persons life. However originally this was when fandom still had the fourth wall, stuff was in password protected journals and communities.

Things have changed now and I’m uncomfortable using the terminology in a public place like twitter. Journalists literally use one tweet out of millions as evidence for stories and completely miss context. They constantly blame things on fans and use them for news when in the past it would remain hidden in a fandom.
As Dan and Phil are so internetty (shh that is a word) it feels weird and awkward to be ‘shipping’ them where they can see.

Shipping to me is passionately being invested in the relationship, reading/writing fic, discussing theories etc. All things I do with Dan and Phil but I’m careful to not do it as visibly.

The other change is that while we obviously see Dan and Phils public personas like other celebrities, they seem more real and close. This makes fandom terminology like shipping a bit different. If we feel like we know them like people and personally I find it a bit hard to say I ship them. Would I ship my sister and her husband? Whereas I would say I ship Tom Daley and DLB. There’s a range of distance there.

If you like festive cheer and decorating you should definitely watch toms vlogs from this year! They really are adorable.

FYI I’m well aware that Dan and Phil are not their public personas and I’m not really close to them :)
Really? Top of the page with a massive waffle? Hidden in the essay is a recommendation to watch Tom Daley’s Christmas decorating vlogs :shrug:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
saffarinda
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

R.E: Meeting celebs in public:

I mean the only big celeb I’ve met in public was David Tennant when he filmed at my primary school and lil me embarassed myself by calling him “The Doctor” good times...

But yeah, some meetings are a bit susbitches (weren’t there some weird girls earlier this year that stalked them in an airport and also met them at a convention m&g??)

R.E: Dan and Phil related questions/2017 Question Wrap-Up:

so because personal questions aren’t allowed in these threads i thought i’d ask some dnp related questions to get us through the dry spell! :D also a good opportunity to reflect back on dnp as a whole throughout the year.

1) Would you rather only ever be able to watch videos on Dan’s channel or Phil’s? Why?

2) What do you prefer - Dan’s liveshows or Phil’s? Why?

3) Favourite video from 2017 Gamingmas?

4) Least favourite video from 2017 Gamingmas?

5) Favourite video Dan posted this year?

6) Favourite video Phil posted this year?

7) What was your favourite dnp meme of this year? (e.g. week in march, moving theories, phil + the vase, any other memes u can think of).

8) Favourite livestream of the year? (Can be singular, joint, or gaming)
25/04/2017 - #blessed
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

missemma wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:56 am Moderator post:
Love the q&a post guys but as the questions aren’t related to dan and phil this should really be done in the personal sub-forum. Q&a’s are a really fun thing (I also love answering them) but this thread is for discussion about Dan and Phil.

If anyone wants to make another one with questions about Deps then please do (I would deffo take part in it).
My b, still kinda new at this forum thing! :-? I did like reading people's responses though- I'll keep things more DnP related in the future :thumb:
saffarinda wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:02 pm R.E: Dan and Phil related questions/2017 Question Wrap-Up:

so because personal questions aren’t allowed in these threads i thought i’d ask some dnp related questions to get us through the dry spell! :D also a good opportunity to reflect back on dnp as a whole throughout the year.
1) Would you rather only ever be able to watch videos on Dan’s channel or Phil’s? Why?

7) What was your favourite dnp meme of this year? (e.g. week in march, moving theories, phil + the vase, any other memes u can think of).

Whoop, I'm always pumped to answer questions! :happytyper:

1.) I think Dan's channel, I still ever-so-slightly prefer his content

2.) Dan liveshows- I do appreciate his waffling! I feel like Phil's are more relaxing but I get more into watching Dan's.

3.) Honestly, probably Undertale- I still love the game and I really liked watching Dan win the Sans fight (I never have so maybe it's time to get practicing!)

4.) lol Poptropica definitely

5.) I liked "Would You Date the Real Dan?" but since that was taken down I'll say "Daniel and Depression"- I related to a lot of what he had to say, and I really respected the courage it took to say all of those things

6.) 'Viewers Pick My Outifts" for sure!

7.) vasegate was the funniest but I got overly invested in "that week in march"- I hate not knowing things so I was dying every time he put off explaining it (although when I found out what it actually was I felt super bad because going cold turkey sucks)

8.) idk, there's honestly too many for me to decide, but off the top of my head I did like the "World Mental Health Day" joint one they did.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
quercussp
living flop

I am very annoyed at the people spreading around DnP's address, so I'm going to distract myself by answering these questions.
My answers are under the cut:

Without a doubt Phil's. I rewatch the videos on his channel constantly, while in the case of Dan I usually will rewatch a video 2 or 3 times and that's it.

Also Phil. I love both of them, but Phil's liveshows are really entertaining and easy to listen to, while Dan often spends a good 20 minutes discussing music or films that I don't watch and sometimes comes off a bit condesending. Although, I really enjoy Dan's liveshows and always rewatch them at least once or twice.

I can't choose!!! I loved the charades, golf, how to become a millionare and truth bombs videos a lot, but there were so many other good ones!

Poptropica.

Daniel and Depression. I think it's a masterpiece.

Predicting Dan's future holds a special place in my heart.

I really loved the Bahamas theories, especially since the actual truth turned out to be even cuter than we thought (in terms of Dan going through all that trouble to stay with Phil's family for a holiday).

I adored the livestream on the World Mental Health Day where Phil popped in and got Dan milkshakes. I also really like the first livestream from the new apartment, too bad it's so laggy.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Okay but that Twitter stuff is so creepy. What the hell. They really out there leaking each other's information,
making hate accounts and harassing Dan and Phil. Ugh. Why would people wanna wreck their lives over Dan and Phil? They're never gonna get jobs now. And the one who tore up tabinof - I'm sure you know who I'm talking about- I remember talking to them. They're the reason I found this forum. They're like, 14 now? I can't believe that people who just like Dan and Phil...are taking it this far, both against them and against each other. How has that happened? What do you guys think about this? Ok I'm so dramatic but I just feel sick nsdfns.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
autumnhearth
senpai

saffarinda wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:02 pm R.E: Dan and Phil related questions/2017 Question Wrap-Up:

Phil’s for sure. Home of the best D&P collabs (plus my family prefers his content).

Oh dear, hard choice. Phil's definitely cheer me up, but Dan’s are a bit more insightful. Going to go Dan.

First charades me thinks.

Poptropica or the last stream

Daniel & Depression

Pastel Edits (judge me all you like)

Is “oh dear” a meme?

The joint one where Phil sprays Dan methinks.
I wandered over there out of curiousity and it’s just sad. They are just further exposing D&P while trying to expose each other. No wonder the boys keep the curtains drawn. I hope they plan to move after touring.
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

The shipping discussion was really interesting. I agree that the term "ship" is declining, or at least evolving to mean something maybe less intense than it did orginally

Answers to the questions under the spoiler
Phil's, they are just so easy to rewatch, whereas I have to be in the right kind of mood for dinof content. (Plus, dan shows up on AP way more than vice-versa, and I love their collabs and won't want to miss them)

Phil's. Dan talks about a lot of stuff I don't care about (his music taste, movies, etc.) and its nice to see him invested in things but kinda boring sometimes.

I really liked the Job Simulator video.

Poptropica (even tho I love poptropica lol)

Honestly i enjoyed the Tinder one, RIP, the most. But Daniel and Depression is amazing.

I really like the slime one for some reason. I just think it was a really good balance of the AP person and Phil's loosening up.

Vasegate :lol:
:lion: :prideflag:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

saffarinda wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:02 pm

I was desperately trying to come up with something to write about, so thanks for the questions!

1) I'd definitely choose Phil's channel over Dan's because that way I could keep on seeing both of them. :D

2) I strongly prefer Phil's liveshows. I love his random anecdotes and I never get bored and space out in the middle of his liveshows like I sometimes do when Dan goes on about music or Riverdale or whatever.

3) This is a hard one because there were many good videos. The Not My Arms Mario Kart comes to mind first so I guess that one's my favourite. It was so funny.

4) Poptropica

5) Hands down Daniel and Depression. All of his storytime videos are hilarious and I liked them too, but the depression video is just so well-executed and impactful.

6) Out of solo Phil videos my favourite this year has been the slime one. Out of all AP videos my favourites are Viewers Pick My Outfits and Dan Curls My Hair!

7) #vasegate

8) There were far more liveshows that I loved than disliked, but the only one that stands out to me without going to YT to refresh my memory is the joint liveshow where they pranked each other with the plant spray.
mm_sunny1993
spork

My answers to the q's and thank you for these questions :thumb:
1) Definitely Phil's channel. I love the videos Dan uploaded this year but I don't really enjoy watching his older videos. I started watching Phil waaay before I started watching Dan and I still enjoy most of his videos and watch them back. So i would have more to watch on his channel and I'd still get to see Dan because they collab enough :lol:

2) I prefer Dan's liveshows because i feel like he's more open in them than phil and idk i just find them more enjoyable to watch. Phil's liveshows always bring me in a good mood tho.

3) Ohh that's difficult. I think my favorite would have to be geometry dash or how to become a millionaire.

4) Poptropica.

5) Dan and depression. I mean it is probably my all time favorite video by dan and it just helped so much and i finally found enough strength to actually change something and seek help. Nothing much can top that video for me :love2:

6) pinof 9 and 2017 wants me dead for phil-only video. I really loved that one.

7) Phil and the vase or in general youtubers and the vase. I had a good laugh about that even though i normally don't like memes.

8) I just started watching their livestreams regularly this year so idk I loved most of them to be honest. All of them had their good and their bad moments. Tho I would probably choose one of their joint ones. :platonic:
Twitter drama: just why? It's creepy and they achieve nothing good from it. Why does something like this always happen? Pretty bad 'prank' if you ask me. Ahh :facepalm:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I know know know you guys don't like him but this is probably his most real video and I am only linking it because I don't know any other big YouTubers that have addressed this issue. But I also know that there's a lot of traffic on this website right know and people wanna know more, so just remember - we are not supposed to know more. Don't ask about it. The less attention to everything, the better. I just made some really nice dinner and I can't eat it cause I am feeling sick to the stomach about asshole stalkers.

If you know any other videos from big YTers, post them too? Let's make a compilation.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

These were fun, thanks for asking them!
Phil's. He makes the content he genuinely wants to make without giving a fuck about quality thresholds. His videos are always lighthearted and you never know what it's gonna be-slime making? playing dress up? his drawer of shame? Who knows but it's gonna make me laugh.

Phil's. I enjoy Dan's Iiveshows sometimes but he can come across as condescending at times. I can listen to Phil yammer about food/sweets/etc while working and it's a pleasant background.

Christmas Caddy Lads. I'm a sucker for the golf vids.

Poptropica.

Daniel and depression. It was so brave and well done.

Why I can't go back to the gym. It just made me laugh.

Phil and the vase cracked me up. Giant ass man with his giant ass hands

The mental health day...it was just nice overall
malday
emo goose

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:53 pm If you know any other videos from big YTers, post them too? Let's make a compilation.

Though, if it's true, i think the best course of action would be to not keep talking about this and let it blow over.
Last edited by malday on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Don't have a Twitter, what's the drama that's happening? Stalking and address leaking?
saffarinda wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:02 pm

1) Phil's, because there's more collabs on that channel, and more videos, and I'm a demon phannie who's thirsty for that Dan+Phil content

2) Honestly, probably Dan's liveshows. He has more interesting topics to talk about, plus the Tuesday/Thursday nature of them usually means everything that happens for most of the week is covered by Dan.

3) Charades, probably

4) Poptropica. I couldn't finish it.

5) Probably Daniel and Depression. It was great watching him open up like that.

6) Honestly the outfits one was great. Can Phil step out of his comfort zone more, please?

7) Probably vasegate. Honestly, I can't think of many memes per se this year.

8) The world mental health day one, or some gaming stream, they're all pretty good
Lain
eclipse shirt

Thanks for sparing me from boredom for a bit. These were fun!
1) Would you rather only ever be able to watch videos on Dan’s channel or Phil’s? Why? Can I choose the gaming channel instead? :snow: Probably Phil's because there would be no risk of being disappointed by another ISG. >_>

2) What do you prefer - Dan’s liveshows or Phil’s? Why? I enjoy different things about both of their liveshows and I enjoy them both a lot, so this is difficult to answer. I'll go with Phil's because they almost always improve my mood.

3) Favourite video from 2017 Gamingmas? We Play Charades But This Time It's Phil's Turn

4) Least favourite video from 2017 Gamingmas? Popflopica

5) Favourite video Dan posted this year? Daniel and Depression

6) Favourite video Phil posted this year? It's hard to choose between We're Moving Out and Viewer's Pick My Outfits, but I think I'd go with the latter!

7) What was your favourite dnp meme of this year? (e.g. week in march, moving theories, phil + the vase, any other memes u can think of). I can't think of many others, but phil + vase was hilarious.

8) Favourite livestream of the year? (Can be singular, joint, or gaming) I liked Dan and Phil vs. JASON - Friday the 13th! and loved Linguistics with Lester!
relatablemood wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:29 pm
Okay but that Twitter stuff is so creepy. What the hell. They really out there leaking each other's information,
making hate accounts and harassing Dan and Phil. Ugh. Why would people wanna wreck their lives over Dan and Phil? They're never gonna get jobs now. And the one who tore up tabinof - I'm sure you know who I'm talking about- I remember talking to them. They're the reason I found this forum. They're like, 14 now? I can't believe that people who just like Dan and Phil...are taking it this far, both against them and against each other. How has that happened? What do you guys think about this? Ok I'm so dramatic but I just feel sick nsdfns.
I've seen a few mentions of drama here on IDB and on Tumblr, but fortunately haven't been exposed to anything directly and would love to remain blissfully in the dark. It's a shame accounts like those receive so much attention. :tenfootpole:
JustMarie
drama llama

Can somebody explain what is happening in Twitter? Something about leaking their address?

Also I will be offline for a week so happy new year in advance :newyear:
blackdenim
procrastinator

JustMarie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:15 pm Can somebody explain what is happening in Twitter? Something about leaking their address?

Also I will be offline for a week so happy new year in advance :newyear:
I dunno if it's progressed to people actually posting the address since, but I looked on Twitter actually completely innocently earlier (I'm not active in the Phandom on twitter, I just search 'Dan and Phil' from time to time!) and someone was trying to 'prove' that the girls who met Dan the other day had been stalking him, and in doing so posted a picture of (what they said was) the boys' building. All identifying information was scribbled out but it's probably not rocket science to find out where it is based on that.

Do you guys think that if they posted a video similar to PDP/Julien saying 'don't come to our house, we won't engage with people who we 'coincidentally' meet out and about near our home' it would have any effect? Or do you think it would just cause more people to look their address up as they'd know the information was 'out there'?
katemko
delia smith

Phil's, because Dan barely uploads enough to call himself a YTer.
Dan's, because he tends to talk about current events much more rather than an animal he ran into or something.
Golf w/ Friends
Poptropica
Not like there's much to choose from.Halloween Baking.
Viewers Pick My Outfits
The vase. Funniest ongoing joke ever.
Their Mario Kart streams are legendary to me.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

It’s hard to say for certain what is legit information since everything is word of mouth and I have no clue if this is what actually happened, but some people are saying that some fans went to their doorstep, knocked, asked for a photo and Dan took a selfie with them?

My brain is hurting trying to understand the mental gymnastics someone has to do to think that’s an acceptable thing to be doing? What is wrong with people?

Also, why would Dan answer the door for what appears to be a fan? Fear of them acting out? I’d be more scared to answer the door than to turn them away? If that makes any sense. I’m sure he probably wasn’t thinking in the spur of the moment, but still... idk. I never answer my front door if I don’t recognize the person.

Either way, I feel terrible for the boys. What a shitty thing to do. :(
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
DatCog
blobfish

Oooh I do love a little IDB Q&A
1) Would you rather only ever be able to watch videos on Dan’s channel or Phil’s? Why? Dan's, just because I generally prefer the style of his content.

2) What do you prefer - Dan’s liveshows or Phil’s? Why? Dan's again, mainly because he goes into more detail whereas Phil often covers the same topics after Dan.

3) Favourite video from 2017 Gamingmas? Spoilt for choice this year but I think it was probably Golf with Friends

4) Least favourite video from 2017 Gamingmas? Poptropica

5) Favourite video Dan posted this year? Daniel and Depression certainly made the biggest impression on me but the one I've re-watched the most was the Pinof bloops :)

6) Favourite video Phil posted this year? Viewers pick my outfits

7) What was your favourite dnp meme of this year? (e.g. week in march, moving theories, phil + the vase, any other memes u can think of). Not very clued up on memes but vasegate was funny

8) Favourite livestream of the year? (Can be singular, joint, or gaming) - that Overcooked #2 gaming stream was hilarious!
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Ewok wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:33 pm It’s hard to say for certain what is legit information since everything is word of mouth and I have no clue if this is what actually happened, but some people are saying that some fans went to their doorstep, knocked, asked for a photo and Dan took a selfie with them?

My brain is hurting trying to understand the mental gymnastics someone has to do to think that’s an acceptable thing to be doing? What is wrong with people?

Also, why would Dan answer the door for what appears to be a fan? Fear of them acting out? I’d be more scared to answer the door than to turn them away? If that makes any sense. I’m sure he probably wasn’t thinking in the spur of the moment, but still... idk. I never answer my front door if I don’t recognize the person.

WHAT?!
Are you kidding me right now?!
I saw the tweet... But no other proof... I'm angry but also calling bullshit tbh. I hope it's just people begging for attention because if this is true jesus christ I've lost hope.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
so_cheesy
butt chair

I really wonder how old these stalkers/address-leakers/whatever I'm out of the loop are. We're between the two holidays, no school, I bet some people are crazy bored, craving attention and have nothing better to do than this.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

yellowsubmarine wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:38 pm
Ewok wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:33 pm It’s hard to say for certain what is legit information since everything is word of mouth and I have no clue if this is what actually happened, but some people are saying that some fans went to their doorstep, knocked, asked for a photo and Dan took a selfie with them?

WHAT?!
I saw the tweet... But no other proof... I'm angry but also calling bullshit tbh. I hope it's just people begging for attention because if this is true jesus christ I've lost hope.
Yeah I’m not certain what actually happened, but it appears to be the girls who ran into him “coincidentally” in london after Christmas, the selfie that was posted here.

Their twitter is private now and both Tumblr and Twitter are up in flames over it. Wow.

Dip & Pip don’t post for not even a week and the drama is in full swing. I cant believe it. :roll:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
hello9217
flower crown

Ewok wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 pm
yellowsubmarine wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:38 pm

WHAT?!
Yeah I’m not certain what actually happened, but it appears to be the girls who ran into him “coincidentally” in london after Christmas, the selfie that was posted here.

Their twitter is private now and both Tumblr and Twitter are up in flames over it. Wow.

Dip & Pip don’t post for not even a week and the drama is in full swing. I cant believe it. :roll:
I think the part where fans knocked on the door was a lie but they did find out where deppy lived and just so happened to "run into Dan." Like I honestly can't imagine Dan agreeing to take a photo with them and a video message when they come to his door.
blackdenim
procrastinator

hello9217 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:02 pm I think the part where fans knocked on the door was a lie but they did find out where deppy lived and just so happened to "run into Dan." Like I honestly can't imagine Dan agreeing to take a photo with them and a video message when they come to his door.
Also if they live in an apartment building surely there is an intercom? Like he would have had to have answered via the speakerphone thing and then come down to take the selfie!?!

I mean don't get me wrong, waiting until he came out isn't any better but I think knocking on the door must have been an exaggeration.
liola
rankussy

I doubt the whole knocking thing is true but the pics circulating trying to "prove" these girls stalked them are basically just as bad because if you know the zone you basically know exactly where they leave. I literally stumbled on the tweet earlier :facepalm2: I wonder if the phandom police realize they're just as bad when they do this stuff.

I have no clue how these people actually found the address though, like without pictures how did they do it? The boys haven't let any hint about where they live, I wonder if someone maybe saw them come out of the building and figure it out?

I just don't understand. I'm interested in the flooplan of their house I won't lie, but to actively look for their address to go stalk them is just a level of creepy that I can't wrap my head around. Sigh, poor boys, they deserve a break
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor