PewDiePie

AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Sorry to bring this thread back up because that shithead doesn't deserve it but I was curious to see if DnP would mention him again after the last disaster and I just thought I'd note Dan mentioned Marzia when talking about his friends who loved horror movies. I don't know if not mentioning felix was intentional or if he just doesn't love horror ?
eh I really wish they'd cut ties with him for good.
Same for PJ. I don't think I've seen them interact since but then again they could still be bffs in private, so who knows.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

felucca wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm
human wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 pm
felucca wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 am For fuck's sake Felix.
Pretty much what I said when I saw the "apology".
Yeah, just so you know I'm disowning him as my countryman. He's officially 100% British now. Hope you guys enjoy! :love2:
Nice try, but that didn't work for us with Piers Morgan, so tough tits. :rofl:
AroboticPhil wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:02 pmSame for PJ. I don't think I've seen them interact since but then again they could still be bffs in private, so who knows.
Is PJ (or anyone else for that matter) still signed to Revelmode? I'm definitely out of the loop with Felix et al, since I filed him under "A for Arsehole" mentally a while ago...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:54 pm Is PJ (or anyone else for that matter) still signed to Revelmode? I'm definitely out of the loop with Felix et al, since I filed him under "A for Arsehole" mentally a while ago...
I thought revelmode was shut down? I may be wrong
sonicgreen
woodland creature

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:54 pm Is PJ (or anyone else for that matter) still signed to Revelmode? I'm definitely out of the loop with Felix et al, since I filed him under "A for Arsehole" mentally a while ago...
Ooh a quick few google and youtube searches later- looks like the whole "company" (lol) is disbanded. Pretty odd since I know just last year they were trying to rent office spaces of some sort?? (according to an old PJ vlog). Yikes, I was never that invested but I love PJ and really hope he has cut ties with Felix and his too-frequent "scandals".
DryCereal
koi pond

Maybe that's why I was struggling to find any up-to-date info on it just now... :D (tho to be fair, it didn't help that I couldn't remember the name...!) :rofl:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
fancybum
senpai

sonicgreen wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 pm
Ooh a quick few google and youtube searches later- looks like the whole "company" (lol) is disbanded. Pretty odd since I know just last year they were trying to rent office spaces of some sort?? (according to an old PJ vlog). Yikes, I was never that invested but I love PJ and really hope he has cut ties with Felix and his too-frequent "scandals".
Felix getting dropped by Disney was him fucking over Revelmode (which was part of Maker, which is part of Disney).
link from a few pages back
So why all the people previously involved (Blackery, PJ, jacksepticeye) are still even remotely cool with him, I have no idea.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

Jack is probably cool with Felix because they're friends. Like.. not just youtube friends but legit friends. I'm pretty sure he doesn't condone what Felix did, but I'm not sure as Jack never spoke up about it. I don't know about everyone else because I don't follow them as avidly as I do Jack.
:transheart:
dontpanic
#relatable

I'm sorry for reviving his thread, but I just need to know I'm not alone in feeling a sense of... disappointment(?) in how felix has developed as a person? Like, aside from all the obvious/rational reactions to all the disgusting things he's done there's this small selfish part of me that is overwhelmingly disappointed that someone I watched religiously when I was younger turned out to be the type of person I would feel gross being in the same room with. It's kind of like the feeling I got when, as a star trek fan, I found out William Shatner is the kind of person who uses the word "cuck" unironically.

I stopped watching him a while before the WSJ thing so I was able to keep the pewdiepie I spent my high school watching separate from the pewdiepie who used racist slurs, but a couple of weeks ago I caved and watched one of his let's plays and everything hit me at once that this is the same person. When the new south park game came out it was my 'Obsession of the Month' so I watched any letsplay I could get my hands on, but I couldn't even finish his... I was especially uncomfortable whenever race came up, and when gender and sexuality came up. I'm not going to go off on this but basically he reminds me of the type of guy who actually believes in reverse racism.

I guess it's just that everyone (across all platforms) seemed unsurprised with everything that's happened in the past year or so, and I feel so dumb for not seeing it too? I'm sorry, idk what I originally made this post for
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I totally understand. It's kinda heartbreaking. I started watching PDP regularly through Marzia. And now both channels are ruined for me. When they pop up in the sidebar, a part of me is sad that things have changed. It's very similar to when you are very close to someone and then things change, feelings change, and you know you can't be friends anymore, but you miss the good days.
annoying dog
crusty sponge

dontpanic wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:47 am I'm sorry for reviving his thread, but I just need to know I'm not alone in feeling a sense of... disappointment(?) in how felix has developed as a person? Like, aside from all the obvious/rational reactions to all the disgusting things he's done there's this small selfish part of me that is overwhelmingly disappointed that someone I watched religiously when I was younger turned out to be the type of person I would feel gross being in the same room with. It's kind of like the feeling I got when, as a star trek fan, I found out William Shatner is the kind of person who uses the word "cuck" unironically.

I stopped watching him a while before the WSJ thing so I was able to keep the pewdiepie I spent my high school watching separate from the pewdiepie who used racist slurs, but a couple of weeks ago I caved and watched one of his let's plays and everything hit me at once that this is the same person. When the new south park game came out it was my 'Obsession of the Month' so I watched any letsplay I could get my hands on, but I couldn't even finish his... I was especially uncomfortable whenever race came up, and when gender and sexuality came up. I'm not going to go off on this but basically he reminds me of the type of guy who actually believes in reverse racism.

I guess it's just that everyone (across all platforms) seemed unsurprised with everything that's happened in the past year or so, and I feel so dumb for not seeing it too? I'm sorry, idk what I originally made this post for
wow. I feel like i have to comment because (i'm not kidding) this is 100% what happened to me, right down to the south park videos o_o I'm really glad i'm not the only one who feels like this as well-- I kept wondering how the person I watched in high school could change so much? I really enjoyed the first south park lets play he did, but when I started watching the new one I felt super uncomfortable. A lot of the stuff in the game just seemed to fly over his head, or he didn't get the game's humour (which does somewhat revolve around topics like gender and sexuality) he didn't even seem aware of the things he was saying, and I remember just watching it and thinking "...did he casually just make a racist remark? and he doesn't even seem to realise it? what?" needless to say I didn't get through many of the videos.
:sleepypuppy:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yeah, I feel you. I didn't watch him much or often, mostly his non-gaming videos, but liked him a lot, was touched by how sweet he looked in his sailor outfit with skirt and that huge red velvet tulip. I have a cousin with the same name and colouring, small extra layer of sadness there. Marzia's interesting, though I didn't watch her often either, still :|

I watched a few videos recently, the whisky one with Jack as my dad was huge into Scotch, that was nice, think I heard friends like PJ behind the camera but not Deps. One other where he was addressing a few things and "it's okay, I didn't say it to anyone's face" :facepalm2:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

Okay so i know multiple people will burn me at the stake for this. But I still like Felix and his content. I do not condone what he did, I know he made a mistake. However I accept his apology. I still watch his videos daily and reblog things of him on tumblr and share stuff of him on Facebook and even have him on post notifications on twitter and instagram. I dunno. I just..I see how much happier he is making the content he wants, that he enjoys making, like meme review, skrattar du forlorar du, and things like that. i can just tell he is a lot happier, and it makes me happy to see him enjoying himself. i do not think he is a racist. did he make a mistake? yes. he made multiple mistakes, and i don't condone what he did. however, i still do enjoy his content and i guess a part of me will never really be over Felix because he was the youtuber that led me down the rabbit hole of being obsessed with them. he was the first youtuber i really watched and got obsessed with. he's come a long way, i think.

i just. i know i'm gonna get burned at the stake for this. maybe even banned? i dunno. i just.. uh. sorry. i just, didn't feel good holding in my opinion and feelings about Felix anymore.
smartcookie
drama llama

Skylar wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:00 am Okay so i know multiple people will burn me at the stake for this. But I still like Felix and his content. I do not condone what he did, I know he made a mistake. However I accept his apology. I still watch his videos daily and reblog things of him on tumblr and share stuff of him on Facebook and even have him on post notifications on twitter and instagram. I dunno. I just..I see how much happier he is making the content he wants, that he enjoys making, like meme review, skrattar du forlorar du, and things like that. i can just tell he is a lot happier, and it makes me happy to see him enjoying himself. i do not think he is a racist. did he make a mistake? yes. he made multiple mistakes, and i don't condone what he did. however, i still do enjoy his content and i guess a part of me will never really be over Felix because he was the youtuber that led me down the rabbit hole of being obsessed with them. he was the first youtuber i really watched and got obsessed with. he's come a long way, i think.

i just. i know i'm gonna get burned at the stake for this. maybe even banned? i dunno. i just.. uh. sorry. i just, didn't feel good holding in my opinion and feelings about Felix anymore.
I suppose we can be two holding the beacon of still slight respect for felix, ‘til we get banned that is lol.

But anyhow, I really really relate to you, I by no means condone what he’s done or said, but neither can I really bring myself to hate him or his content. I don’t watch everything but I think some of it is just brilliant and, I mean, i too grew up on YouTube with him (not true, I watched Tom and jerry shorts when I was like 7, but you know) I didn’t even quite understand what he said when I first got into his vids and I mean I still watched cos I just found it entertaining. (Even though my dad hated and probably still does hate him with a burning passion lol) I suppose I’m more of a casual fan of his these days but would you have asked me a couple years back there’s no question who I’d answer as my fave YouTuber.
I genuinely like a lot of his content, and if that makes me a horrible person then so be it. People’s opinions differ and if it makes me a alt-right twat just enjoying his content then I don’t know what to tell you.
I 100% respect that people have gotten offended and deeply hurt by the things he’s said, but I might just have enough respect for my problematic childhood fave to forgive him. Maybe it is me being entitled to very little oppression (that works grammatically, right?) or maybe I’m just too not bothered and detached, either way, I still watch his content and that is that.

Maybe I’m stupidly naïve, but I genuinely believe that you can enjoy content no matter the form despite not agreeing with or condoning everything about it. I don’t think that all his subscribers are racist-nazi-alt-right twats, at least I certainly hope so, cos I mean we (as people in general) most likely engage with way more problematic content on the daily without even respecting some parts of it in the slightest. Does this make sense? But like for an example, I have relations with much more problematic people than that and I don’t completely shut them out of my life and hate them. I scoff at their stupid fucking behaviour and get on with my life, we can be mates even though they crack far too many kinda offensive jokes. It’s not that deep, shallow relationships don’t need agreeing or even respect on every single thing. My point being that maybe the same applies to the content you consume for pleasure. You don’t have to agree with everything nor stand for everything it supposedly represents, you CAN still just enjoy it just because!

I hate coming off as even remotely offensive so I do hope it comes trough that I am by no means trying to come for anyone’s arse or belittle anyone else’s opinion (or condone his actions for that matter), simply stating my apparent slight problematic opinion. Also sorry for going on such tangents, just have a lot of thoughts and very few who are willing to listen.
everything sucks forever
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

Skylar wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:00 am Okay so i know multiple people will burn me at the stake for this. But I still like Felix and his content. I do not condone what he did, I know he made a mistake. However I accept his apology. I still watch his videos daily and reblog things of him on tumblr and share stuff of him on Facebook and even have him on post notifications on twitter and instagram. I dunno. I just..I see how much happier he is making the content he wants, that he enjoys making, like meme review, skrattar du forlorar du, and things like that. i can just tell he is a lot happier, and it makes me happy to see him enjoying himself. i do not think he is a racist. did he make a mistake? yes. he made multiple mistakes, and i don't condone what he did. however, i still do enjoy his content and i guess a part of me will never really be over Felix because he was the youtuber that led me down the rabbit hole of being obsessed with them. he was the first youtuber i really watched and got obsessed with. he's come a long way, i think.

I really get where you are coming from. Many people are very passionate about how strong the negative effect of Felix's actions are, to the point where it even saddens them that Dan and Phil would hang out with him. When people dislike Felix to that extreme, it definitely feels like they would want to cut you off for watching or enjoying him. I also feel guilty because it's almost as if people are finding anything related to Pewdiepie repugnant, and if I'm not being upfront about not despising him and watching the occasional video then I am being deceptive.
I guess it's kind of hard for me to really feel that his actions were harmful, just knowing they were doesn't bother me enough to make me feel the need to completely cut off my interaction with his content. There have been content creators who I have stopped watching because of their opinions and behaviors becoming too extreme. However, I never felt like I had to completely cut myself off or banish them, I just was no longer interested. Maybe it's because I've met many people who think and do stupid things, and I'm used to it so I don't feel the need to remove myself from my school/work/community/youtube subscription box :shrug:
Either way, I don't think you are going to get banned or burned at the stake, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are many people who do feel strongly about this and are hurt that there are those who aren't willing to stop watching him after his behavior.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

i'm glad i have not been burned at the stake yet :') thank you both for understanding my position. and i understand if people are upset with me for still enjoying him and his content. their opinions are valid.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Felix's content isn't my cup of tea, but you shouldn't feel bad for liking him or the videos he makes. Did Felix make a mistake? Absolutely. Do I think it's reasonable to treat him or anyone who watches his content like the second coming of Hitler because of said mistake? Absolutely not.

If you'll allow me to put on my tumblr grandma hat for a second (I am after all, gasp, in my early 30s), I'd like to share a bit about a behavioral deficit I've observed online. I've noticed that members of insular internet communities (such as our own and others found on sites like tumblr) tend to struggle with nuance, particularly when it comes to how we view other people. The more involved members are within their online fandoms, the greater their struggle with nuance can be. I think it comes down to the way human interaction plays out online. Online relationships are far simpler than their real-life counterparts. Communication tends to be more shallow, and interactions between parties are greatly limited. The same is true of our relationships, if that term even fits, with object(s) of our fanatic obsession. The nature of the internet has given all who use it unrealistic expectations of how real life people behave. Online, people can appear perfect. But, in reality, people always fall short of that standard. Spend enough time out and about in the world (away from the internet) and you'll be able to remember that. But, spending too much time online deeply entrenched in fandom culture can make it easier to forget.

All of this is to say that you shouldn't worry about liking Felix. By the tone of your message, I gather you've come across blogs run by the sorts of people who wanted to burn Felix at the stake after that video of his was posted last fall. Heck, a good third of the contributors to this site wanted to throw DnP on the pyre simply for attending Marzia's birthday party. The important thing is to put comments like those into perspective; always remembering that real life is far messier than life online. That being said, It sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. So, like whomever you want to like, and do so with pride. After all, it is only YouTube.

Now, I plan to go back to speculating on what first 2018 DnP video will be. A meme video? A joint meme video? (I've got my fingers crossed for the latter) :garbage:
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
malday
emo goose

I used to watch him a lot, years ago, and that probably amplified my disappointment in him, his attitude, and the direction he choose to go.
But, imo, even if people seemed passionate when expressing opinions and reacting to things, everything was always nuanced and not everybody was in 100% agreement on everything, so i don't think anyone here is going to burn you at the stake or do something as extreme as ban you for something that is a personal decision.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

No one is stopping anyone from watching him though? Like, the guy has 58 million+ subscribers, so clearly he still has a lot of supporters. It's hardly an unpopular opinion to like him. Personally I have no desire to watch or support a white dude who regularly uses the n-word, makes light of the holocaust, fuels anti-semitism and belittles feminism but hey, each to their own :shrug:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

i guess i thought i would get a bad reaction since i have seen other people who still like felix get attacked but i think it's because they said mean things to people who didn't support him. i apologize if i made this seem like a bigger deal than it actually is.. ^^;

also i hit 500 posts nice
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

*pulls thread out from pages back*

Felix proposed to Marzia recently (within the last week?) and I am having a lot of feelings for them. I always liked Marzia's channel and I was sad when I unsubbed back when it all happened. I still follow her on IG and that's how I saw it. It seems like it was a very cozy, calm, pretty proposal. I haven't watched PDP's video of it, but I probably will.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

I’m extremely happy Felix finally proposed to her! I’ve been waiting for this for so long oh my gosh. I’m so happy for the two of them.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:12 pm *pulls thread out from pages back*

Felix proposed to Marzia recently (within the last week?) and I am having a lot of feelings for them. I always liked Marzia's channel and I was sad when I unsubbed back when it all happened. I still follow her on IG and that's how I saw it. It seems like it was a very cozy, calm, pretty proposal. I haven't watched PDP's video of it, but I probably will.
I watched both Marzia and Felix's videos about this, and they were both quite lovely. Of course, when Felix said something like, "We texted our parents right away, but after 9 years, they weren't really surprised;" my mind inevitably wandered to another pair of YouTubers who might have done (or be doing) something similar. :phangoggles:

But getting back to the matter at hand, I especially liked that they didn't film the proposal. They were happy to chat about what happened with their fans afterwards, but they wanted to keep that specific moment to themselves. I thought that was really sweet.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
anenergetic
spork

captainspacecoat wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:02 am No one is stopping anyone from watching him though? Like, the guy has 58 million+ subscribers, so clearly he still has a lot of supporters. It's hardly an unpopular opinion to like him. Personally I have no desire to watch or support a white dude who regularly uses the n-word, makes light of the holocaust, fuels anti-semitism and belittles feminism but hey, each to their own :shrug:
i don't like him for the same reasons and it annoys me that he still has so many supporters because i have a feeling a lot of them are probably sheltered in upbringing and unaware of the impacts of thing he says. that being said, if someone wants to watch him, that's their choice.
gay :prideflag:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

anenergetic wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 pm
captainspacecoat wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:02 am No one is stopping anyone from watching him though? Like, the guy has 58 million+ subscribers, so clearly he still has a lot of supporters. It's hardly an unpopular opinion to like him. Personally I have no desire to watch or support a white dude who regularly uses the n-word, makes light of the holocaust, fuels anti-semitism and belittles feminism but hey, each to their own :shrug:
i don't like him for the same reasons and it annoys me that he still has so many supporters because i have a feeling a lot of them are probably sheltered in upbringing and unaware of the impacts of thing he says. that being said, if someone wants to watch him, that's their choice.
I would also argue he probably has a lot of casual fans who are subbed, but aren't aware of everything going/went on. If I hadn't been involved in IDB and tumblr, I never would have known what he did. I would only watch his stuff every so often, all of Marzia's stuff.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/59q9 ... itch-fails

every time he does something awful i think maybe he'll finally suffer from it but the worse he gets the more 4chan incel losers love him. he literally can't do anything wrong because they eat it up. an article like this just fuels how much they love him for owning those feminazi libtards or whatever reactionary bullshit words they're using this week. fuck this guy fr. sooo bored of awful men knowing exactly how to profit off of other awful alt right men and knowing how to claim they never meant for that to happen
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag: