Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Watching them do yoga is now high on my list of wishes just under them playing a lengthy board game on the gaming channel that isn't spon
glad to hear I wasn't the only one trying to do some yoga poses on my room on their behalf :lol: even a few ones we've seen in videos, from my experience here I'd say they're def bendy but not that much as people think when looking at the poses
:rofl:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

I think his long legs help a lot lol I've just tried the poses and I'm the least flexible person ever but I have big legs for my height (why is this a sentence I'm putting on the internet, thanks deppy) so I managed the two poses quite well.
But for real, a yoga series please ! Look at all the exercise we've all already done today by trying to recreate these poses.
It would be a success ! :undertaledog:
The slippers are ugly tho (and I'm a slippers person). why the dull grey

Anyway... Could we maybe get a gaming video tonight? Dan tweeted this reply but I don't know if it means they'll post again on Monday or that they're starting to post again this week.
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

Like come on they have been talking about yoga more and more-THEY HAVE TO DO THE YOGA CHALLENGE! I know it's an old challenge video but I don't care because I think they would both be genuinely good at it.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm Ok please tell me I'm not the only one who just hopped through the room on one leg trying to recreate those poses :6-year-old dan:
I've never done yoga (or anything comparable) in my life but I managed both the sitting-cross-leg and the foot-telephone pose? And I am not 6 foot tall.

Maybe this is what's next: Workout DVDs with Dan and Phil. Yoga with Your Boy DanielDreamX? Pilates with Phil? Martial Arts with Martyn? Carate with C-- ok I'll see myself out. I am clearly high on adrenalin from the workout.

edit: fancybum had the same idea at the same time. Scratch the memes video, Dan, and get the gym mat out!
i also just tried because i had to know-- i am 5'3 and one of the least flexible people i know (everywhere except my groin-- butterfly pose is my SHIT) and i had no problem doing either of the poses he did :shrug:

but yes i absolutely would love those videos-- i need phil to emulate richard simmons more than i need most things. john green did a funny "workout" video forever ago and it was really cute, they could definitely do something like that if they wanted
Veritine
tol bean

hello9217 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:01 pm Like come on they have been talking about yoga more and more-THEY HAVE TO DO THE YOGA CHALLENGE! I know it's an old challenge video but I don't care because I think they would both be genuinely good at it.
New April Fool's Theme DanAndPhilYoga :lol: :lol:
lilabet
philussy

Those pictures are adorable.

[Center]Phandom Gives charity project[/Center][/b][/u]

I've made a start on the charity project. It's called Phandom Gives and I've saved the twitter, tumblr, and instagram for it. I was planning to go with Phandom Fundraising but it's too long for twitter and I wanted it to be consistent. I couldn't think of anything else and I wanted to get started. We can always rebrand for Dan's Birthday drive. :lol:

I've set up Phils Brithday page through Just Giving where the money goes directly to the charity and I chose Make A WIsh as this is something he has already been involved in.
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... ves-phil31
You can even donate by text in the UK. Text PGVS91 £5 to 70070.

I think maybe we need a thread where people can suggest ideas to raise money, especially if we want to do something around the tour. I'm not sure which section I could set this up in?

One thing I will need help with is people reaching out to those they know in the different sections of the Phandom. I already plan to try to reach update accounts and big name fans on Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter but if someone actually know them (or is one) that would be a great help.

Also if an artist wants to create a logo or picture we could use that would be great. That is one area you would get in trouble. The only pictures i have of Dan and Phil are from DAPGOOSE which aren't great quality and a logo/avatar would be great to use across all the platforms.

I'm open to any suggestions people have and will work my way through the look of the tumblr, instagram and twitter in the next week or two. I'm not a artist though :shrug:

Any way that's as far as I have got so far.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
greenergrass
stress mushroom

AroboticPhil wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:55 pm Anyway... Could we maybe get a gaming video tonight? Dan tweeted this reply but I don't know if it means they'll post again on Monday or that they're starting to post again this week.
I had a feeling the tweet meant they were going to start working again on Monday, i.e. start filming videos. I assume we won't get one tonight, but probably within the next couple of days. I would love to be proven wrong though and get a surprise vid tonight! :pls:

Edit:
lilabet wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:01 pm

I've made a start on the charity project. It's called Phandom Gives and I've saved the twitter, tumblr, and instagram for it. I was planning to go with Phandom Fundraising but it's too long for twitter and I wanted it to be consistent. I couldn't think of anything else and I wanted to get started. We can always rebrand for Dan's Birthday drive. :lol:

I've set up Phils Brithday page through Just Giving where the money goes directly to the charity and I chose Make A WIsh as this is something he has already been involved in.

I think maybe we need a thread where people can suggest ideas to raise money, especially if we want to do something around the tour. I'm not sure which section I could set this up in?

One thing I will need help with is people reaching out to those they know in the different sections of the Phandom. I already plan to try to reach update accounts and big name fans on Tumblr, Instagram and Twitter but if someone actually know them (or is one) that would be a great help.

Also if an artist wants to create a logo or picture we could use that would be great. That is one area you would get in trouble. The only pictures i have of Dan and Phil are from DAPGOOSE which aren't great quality and a logo/avatar would be great to use across all the platforms.

I'm open to any suggestions people have and will work my way through the look of the tumblr, instagram and twitter in the next week or two. I'm not a artist though :shrug:

Awesome, thanks for setting this up! It's such a great way to give back to charity.

I'm in a fandom that has been raising money for charity for the boys' birthdays for years now, and I haven't really been involved, but here are some things I've noticed the organizers of done if you want some ideas:

-raffling off tickets to shows (if anyone has any extra tickets to TIIT, you could maybe consider doing this), or raffling off any merch/memoribilia that you might have outgrown
-holding contests/raffles for art / other things people in the fandom made (doesn't have to be fandom-related), just if you're talented in any way, you can consider knitting something or painting a picture or whatever and raffling it off
-people often do promotion type things, where if they get a certain amount of people to donate a certain small amount, they will match that total donation
-fic writers writing a small fic in exchange for donation (I've already seen that happen in the phandom before)
-fandom artists, gif makers, etc. often make promotion type things which have the opportunity to get reblogged a lot and spread the message

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment, but I'm sure a lot of you have been more heavily involved in these things for a lot longer, so you probably have a lot more ideas. Just thought I'd throw ideas out there while we're getting started
Last edited by greenergrass on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cutestdan
smol bean

lilabet wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:01 pm Those pictures are adorable.

this is amazing, i love it! I'll definitely be sharing the news on instagram <3
"you're next to me, in my life"
Ablissa
pastel persona

They're taking down the tree :cry:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

fancybum wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:46 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:19 pm (But I do still give him some genuine flexibility points for the plow pose at the end of the Australian DITL.)
Yes, this. I’m terrified of that pose because I genuinely think I’d snap my neck. I think he needs to transform into a fitness channel and do weekly follow-along yoga routines. That’s not asking much, right? All it would take to impress me is a perfect downward dog with feet flat on the mat, I’m a simple person with simple needs (and tight calves apparently).
omg PLEASE, i'd be happy with even one yoga-centric vid from him. It's one of the only forms of exercise i genuinely enjoy, so i would be living for that content. Also I'm struck once again by how much weight Dan's lost recently (not that he wasn't beautiful before as well), flexibility isn't the only thing that's come from the yoga. :respekt2:
That last pic where he's blurry falling over was HILARIOUS to me -- i love that dork :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Ablissa wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:05 pm They're taking down the tree :cry:
i'm feeling so much home-jealousy right now, looking at those floor to ceiling windows :drool:
dancy
procrastinator

Oh, lovely! Though apparently I can only donate using a credit card and I don't have one of those :(
George
sad dimple

snokoplasmic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:31 pm
Ablissa wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:05 pm They're taking down the tree :cry:
i'm feeling so much home-jealousy right now, looking at those floor to ceiling windows :drool:
A) how did they manage to get that tree look like that, honestly guys...

B)those windows are totally wasted when they (somewhat understandingly) keep the curtains closed all the time
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
lilabet
philussy

dancy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Oh, lovely! Though apparently I can only donate using a credit card and I don't have one of those :(
You should be able to donate by debit card as well. If you change the currency to GBP you should also be able to use PayPal.

https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -you-take-
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Whoever suggested a Phil video being a mashup of “Happy New Year/Present Haul/Tree Undecorating” I would be living if that was the case. Also George, I would like to think they don’t keep the big windows closed ALL the time, just when sharing things with the internet (also understandable).
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

The charity idea is great - and Make A Wish is a fab choice for Phils birthday.

It reminded me to put the tweet here for anyone that missed it; but we donated £78.00 to Young Minds at the end of January from the merch sales we had! Yay to the phandom for raising money for good causes!
Gonna join in the love for @alittledizzy and her amazing screenshot at the beginning of the thread!

Surprised Deppy haven’t taken their tree down until today, in the U.K. it’s meant to be unlucky to leave it up after the 6th. Also, those pine needles look like a bitch to clear up. I’m sure a real tree smells great but the clean up after, no thanks.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I'm glad that we're donating to Make a Wish, and I'm glad we've also donated so much to Young Minds!

I haven't seen a lot of fans donating in their idol's honor, is that just a thing I've been missing my whole life?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Thank you and nice job on organizing a donation page, lilabet! I love the idea. Also the idea to collect things at TIIT for local charities is a nice sentiment, and I would love to research how best to do that, even if just my local venue. It would take a LOT of coordination though…
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alch wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 pm I'm glad that we're donating to Make a Wish, and I'm glad we've also donated so much to Young Minds!

I haven't seen a lot of fans donating in their idol's honor, is that just a thing I've been missing my whole life?
Fandom-wide auction fundraisers used to be a big deal - Glee had The Box Project and raised over 40k then kept going with further fundraisers. In Glee fandom and my scifi fandoms it was common for actors birthdays, usually to the tune of a few thousand dollars (obviously varying dependent on how big the fandoms were). So yeah - it might just be that I had good luck with particularly giving fandoms in general, but I do still see the trend continuing. Last year there was also a flurry of fandom fundraisers, not centric to one fandom, in response to Trump. The biggest one (Fandom Trumps Hate) raised 32k in 2017 to donate towards groups in the US that Trump is particularly threatening to, it's starting a second round now. There was a Puerto Rico help fundraiser last year that I think raised around 20k.

Anyway, love the Make-a-Wish fundraiser!! I'll definitely be donating.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:57 pm
alch wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 pm I'm glad that we're donating to Make a Wish, and I'm glad we've also donated so much to Young Minds!

Fandom-wide auction fundraisers used to be a big deal - Glee had The Box Project and raised over 40k then kept going with further fundraisers. In Glee fandom and my scifi fandoms it was common for actors birthdays, usually to the tune of a few thousand dollars (obviously varying dependent on how big the fandoms were). So yeah - it might just be that I had good luck with particularly giving fandoms in general, but I do still see the trend continuing. Last year there was also a flurry of fandom fundraisers, not centric to one fandom, in response to Trump. The biggest one (Fandom Trumps Hate) raised 32k in 2017 to donate towards groups in the US that Trump is particularly threatening to, it's starting a second round now. There was a Puerto Rico help fundraiser last year that I think raised around 20k.

It used to happen a lot, my experience was with the twilight fandom that I was active back then :oops: and every single birthday there where tons of charity work done/fundraisers made in the actors name as a gift for them, but despite seeing it up close myself only in that fandom I did notice a lot of other fandoms doing the same.
My other experience is the Supernatural fandom that used to do charities fundraisers initiated by the fans for birthdays but it slowed recently because the actors now start the fundraisers themselves and it's more 'legit', if you know what I mean, to help those.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Yeah, just adding in that the 1D fandom has been doing this for the boy's birthdays for about 5 years I think (I mentioned it in an earlier post with ideas how to raise the money, but I don't think I actually mentioned the fandom). I think the most ever raised was about 28k, so it can be very successful for the charities. I wasn't aware exactly how many other fandoms did this, but I remember the Trump one and the Puerto Rico ones happening recently. It's definitely a fairly common thing. And for the people worried about Dan or Phil taking offense to this - I can only speak for the 1D ones, but some of the boys and some family members have acknowledged it before and have been grateful. I'm sure there has been other grateful acknowledgement in other fandoms. I wouldn't worry about Dan or Phil not liking this idea, I think they'd love it.

I'm so proud of this fandom for the money that's already been raised through the idb merch, and I'm glad people have decided to start the Make-a-Wish fundraiser!

Edit:
missemma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:16 pm Surprised Deppy haven’t taken their tree down until today, in the U.K. it’s meant to be unlucky to leave it up after the 6th.
Way off-topic, but I'm curious - why the 6th? Is there some reason for why it's unlucky after that specific day? It just seems like a random number lol
karma_yeah
philussy

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 pm Whoever suggested a Phil video being a mashup of “Happy New Year/Present Haul/Tree Undecorating” I would be living if that was the case. Also George, I would like to think they don’t keep the big windows closed ALL the time, just when sharing things with the internet (also understandable).
Re: windows - First thing I thought of was that the curtains were closed to limit sleuthing clues :sherlock: (no sleuths here LOL)

Loved Dan's pictures!! I'm always up for Phil taking sweet, domestic pictures of Dan. Too, too sweet.
What goes around, comes around Image
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I loved the Dan pics, I miss that dork so much :love2:
whatdoiknow wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:52 am
missemma wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:16 pm Surprised Deppy haven’t taken their tree down until today, in the U.K. it’s meant to be unlucky to leave it up after the 6th.
Way off-topic, but I'm curious - why the 6th? Is there some reason for why it's unlucky after that specific day? It just seems like a random number lol
I presume it has to do with the Epiphany (twelfth day if Christmas) being then. I looked it up real quick and there's a folklore where if you leave it up after that point, you need to leave the tree up all year or it's bad luck.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

whelpkeeper wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:10 am I loved the Dan pics, I miss that dork so much :love2:
I presume it has to do with the Epiphany (twelfth day if Christmas) being then. I looked it up real quick and there's a folklore where if you leave it up after that point, you need to leave the tree up all year or it's bad luck.
Ohh gotcha, thanks for the explanation! I had never heard of the Epiphany before.
kavat
pastel persona

whelpkeeper wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:10 am I loved the Dan pics, I miss that dork so much :love2:
This is interesting, in Sweden you're supposed to have it up until the 13th, 20 days after Christmas. On tjugondag jul we have a Christmas tree loot party were you eat up the candy canes, crackers and other leftover christmas candy and dance around the tree before throwing it out. It's mostly for kids and I don't know if anyone does it anymore, but we used to still do it in the 90s.