Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
BluntyMe
tol bean
Pronouns: She/Her

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm
BluntyMe wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm
lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 pm Phandom Gives Update

I've upped the goal to £500. I was very much feeling out where to set the goal originally. Still it's amazing work we've reached the original goal in 24 hours.

Thank you to anyone who has donated or shared. I think my one post on phandomgiving's tumblr has 500+ notes. As someone whose personal tumblr for the last few years had less than 100 followers that's a tad weird. Still all the sharing everyone did has worked.

I'm going to focus on getting the basics in place for Phil's drive but if anyone has creative ideas for Dan's that would be great.
Still closer to Phil's borthday I'm going to promote small donations: 3.10 for Phils 31st, matching peoples donations of that amount up to a certain figure etc.
I might have missed it but can you link me to that post? I have over 3500 followers on mine. I'd gladly promote this amazing gesture
I'm gonna go ahead and link to my reblog since I stuck a big bolded clickable link in there. If you'd rather reblog the original you can just click back to that though!
SHARED!!!!
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

New content tomorrow hooray!!
Poor Phil though, I can sympathise as it's been over 2 weeks for me :( Wonder what bloops he's editing...maybe just a general selection of his AP videos. I always enjoy their bloopers so am looking forward to them.
Last edited by DatCog on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

10/10 tweet. we get 1. bloopers tomorrow 2. an extra cute, wholesome & recent phil pic :love2: with glasses and stubble :love2:
what more could a person want ? (answer : a gaming video. please)
DatCog
blobfish

Please let there be bloopers from the Dan Curls My Hair, Viewers Choose My Clothes and Predicting Dan's Future videos...I need them in my life! :please:
Last edited by DatCog on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

This sounds promising.
dancy
procrastinator

Glasses and stubble, I'm here for it! I'm so happy we're finally getting a new video :D
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

BLESS YOU PHIL the end of the drought is almost here. They're blooper videos are usually A+ content imo, can't wait. I'm guessing that means Dan's meme video is taking longer than expected cause I doubt they'd both upload on the same day or even each on consecutive days. That's fine I'll totally take bloopers filler -- our standards were pretty low anyway (see thread name :lol: )

I love the charity idea! <3 I'm a broke bitch right now, but if it's open til Phil's bday hopefully I'll be able to donate closer to the end of the month. I know there's some debate on this, but I think the boys would really appreciate us donating in their honor. Especially if we do Young Minds for Dan's birthday, he seems pretty passionate about the charity.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
malday
emo goose

DatCog wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm Please let there be bloopers from the Curling Dan's Hair, Viewers Choose My Clothes and the fortune telling videos...I need them in my life!
Yes! and the Easter baking and Uk vs. Japan school lunches, i want to know how he made that bento!

@lilabet :respekt2: for setting up the charity birthday donation!
cutestdan
smol bean

malday wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:32 pm
DatCog wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm Please let there be bloopers from the Curling Dan's Hair, Viewers Choose My Clothes and the fortune telling videos...I need them in my life!
Yes! and the Easter baking and Uk vs. Japan school lunches, i want to know how he made that bento!

@lilabet :respekt2: for setting up the charity birthday donation!
don't forget halloween baking!
i'm honestly so glad to have something to look forward to :D
"you're next to me, in my life"
DatCog
blobfish

Oh god, bloopers from the dogs video would be quality content! There's been some great stuff on AP this past year, well done Phil :respekt2:
hello9217
flower crown

Since he said of him and Dan I'm wondering if he will have the scene of him punching Dan from "What not to do at University" video. I am so excited that the drought will come to an end. I'm assuming Phil wanted to start filming a video last week to put up this week but then got sick so the bloopers are a good idea.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

dancy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:30 pm Glasses and stubble, I'm here for it! I'm so happy we're finally getting a new video :D
I was just moaning to my friends that I am fed up of a bloopers video but now I’ve seen the intro has phil in glasses I take it all back - give me all the bloopers!

(9 days in though and no video and no liveshow like what is going on boys)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

somethingsketchy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:28 pm This sounds promising.
Not what I expected from Phil's first vid of this year, but I'll happily take it.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I mean, if Dan's doing a recap of the year for his first video, I'm down for Phil doing the same thing.

Hopefully bloopers won't become too regular of a thing, because I'd like some new content, of course, but it seems fun for now. I don't want this to just become something they fall back on when they don't have any ideas for new videos.
000dia000
emo goose

This sounds as if he's including little miscellaneous videos he's taken of himself and Dan throughout the year, not just stuff while filming for planned videos?? Is making a start of the year bloopers videos a signal of the death of LessAmazingPhil?
:cactus:
sparkle
blobfish

000dia000 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:03 pm
This sounds as if he's including little miscellaneous videos he's taken of himself and Dan throughout the year, not just stuff while filming for planned videos?? Is making a start of the year bloopers videos a signal of the death of LessAmazingPhil?
LessAmazingPhil is dead, he's embracing all of himself and all of his content as Amazing. It would be wrong for him to segregate things into 'Amazing' and 'LessAmazing'. This is part of Phil's rebrand :illuminati: certified fully Amazing™ since 2018.

I'm intrigued... also I am such trash for Phil in glasses. Wear them more often please :garbage:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
lilabet
philussy

Phandom Gives Updates

In future I promise they won't be so frequent but we passed the extended £500 goal already so now I've extended it to £1000!

I'm hoping that we can meet my ultimate goal of £3100.00 to match his 31st birthday but since we have less than a month that might be a stretch.

Psychicmoth on twitter (and here i think @psychicmoth) did an amazing logo and header and is redoing the tumblr for me. Yay no longer will we be a box. I've already updated the twitter and it looks amazing.

At some point i plan to buy the website i think. That way there can be a list of all the birthday drives and whats raised as well as any information about other ways to raise money we think up. I was waiting to see if this takes off and it looks like it has.
Looks like I'm going to learn web design unless someone wants to volunteer? :lol:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

Hype for the bloopers video!

Edit: also I know this topic is dead but like, I can relate with Dan’s rebranding. I had an old Facebook that I was able to get back into after 2 years and I just.. I wanted to get rid of it all so I deactivated it so no one else could find it. I guess it reminds me of a time where I was in a worse mental state and I was really struggling and don’t want to be reminded of that since on my current personal Facebook I’m a more positive person and trying to have a positive mental attitude! (PMA! Jacksepticeye got me thinking this,,) I guess I can understand where Dan’s coming from cause I wouldn’t want to be reminded of all the dumb or regretful stuff I did in the past either. And if changing his usernames is what helps and dropping all his previous branding is what does it, then so be it.
:transheart:
fancybum
senpai

alch wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 pm I mean, if Dan's doing a recap of the year for his first video, I'm down for Phil doing the same thing.

Hopefully bloopers won't become too regular of a thing, because I'd like some new content, of course, but it seems fun for now. I don't want this to just become something they fall back on when they don't have any ideas for new videos.
The good (and bad..) thing about them is a "regular" thing means like twice a year at most :lol: , so even then it's not too much to worry about. I like the idea of ~yearly bloopers! Jenna Marbles puts out outtakes/bloopers vids at the end of the year (except for this year where she said all the good stuff ended up in the videos, so she had nothing extra, so thanksx2 Phil for filling that hole :thanks: ). I'm hoping for more swearing, even if it's bleeped, because I'm that easily amused I guess.
000dia000 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:03 pm This sounds as if he's including little miscellaneous videos he's taken of himself and Dan throughout the year, not just stuff while filming for planned videos?? Is making a start of the year bloopers videos a signal of the death of LessAmazingPhil?
Pretty sure them uploading their liveshows to their side channels signalled their deaths already. Or at the very least signalled them being put on life support and the prognosis ain't good. #ripcandlehauls #riptrynewthings
lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm In future I promise they won't be so frequent but we passed the extended £500 goal already so now I've extended it to £1000!

I'm hoping that we can meet my ultimate goal of £3100.00 to match his 31st birthday but since we have less than a month that might be a stretch.
At the rate you're going 3100 sounds doable, but even if not, holy crap this is awesome. Great job lilabet and everybody helping out :love2:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
DatCog
blobfish

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm
Phandom Gives Updates

In future I promise they won't be so frequent but we passed the extended £500 goal already so now I've extended it to £1000!

Psychicmoth on twitter (and here i think @psychicmoth) did an amazing logo and header and is redoing the tumblr for me. Yay no longer will we be a box. I've already updated the twitter and it looks amazing.

At some point i plan to buy the website i think. That way there can be a list of all the birthday drives and whats raised as well as any information about other ways to raise money we think up. I was waiting to see if this takes off and it looks like it has.
Looks like I'm going to learn web design unless someone wants to volunteer? :lol:
I’ve got Wordpress experience if that’s any help? I’ve set up a few sites including one for my work :)
sonicgreen
woodland creature

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm
Phandom Gives Updates

Wow in under 24 hours this is really amazing. Thank you so much for organizing all of this. And omg the logo looks gREAT. I'm a graphic design uni student and I was about to volunteer helping with some marketing but thats even better than I could have hoped. Happy to donate to the cause!
hello9217
flower crown

I don’t think Phil planned on this being his first video of the year. I think he’s doing it because he got unexpectedly sick and needed something to fall back on.

Also is the fundraiser going to be open until Phil’s bday because I would love to donate again when I get my next paycheck?
lilabet
philussy

@DatCog help with the website would be great. I just have to buy it in the next few days. I'll contact you once I have it.

@sonicgreen Marketing help would be great once we shift gears to Dan's drive with a few months to play with.

@hello9217 Yes I plan to leave it open 1 week to a month after his birthday to give everyone time to donate. Then I'll open a new one in a few months time so people can donate in advance if they like. Secretly Dan's one is also already open and someone already donated to match their Phil donation :D
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:03 pm @DatCog help with the website would be great. I just have to buy it in the next few days. I'll contact you once I have it.

@sonicgreen Marketing help would be great once we shift gears to Dan's drive with a few months to play with.

@hello9217 Yes I plan to leave it open 1 week to a month after his birthday to give everyone time to donate. Then I'll open a new one in a few months time so people can donate in advance if they like. Secretly Dan's one is also already open and someone already donated to match their Phil donation :D
I love hearing this, and I love what a group effort it is!! I'm happy to keep signal boosting, if there's anything else I can do let me know!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

a) Amazing job guys with the charity donation! That's honestly so incredible, I will definitely donate tonight as I'm about to rush out the door right now, but it's a wonderful cause and such a lovely thing for us all to be involved with as a community :love2: :love2: :love2:

b) Super excited for Phil (+ Dan) bloopers!! No lie, that is genuinely the content I am here for and I am not mad at all that this will be the first AP video of 2018.
missemma wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 pm
(9 days in though and no video and no liveshow like what is going on boys)
It was the same last year though, Phil uploaded his first video on January 12th, Dan on January 14th, gaming channel on January 20th. The first Dan liveshow was January 10th and the first Phil liveshow was January 12th (all according to Australian timezones). So it's much the same really, their first content of 2018 will be uploaded January 10th just as it was last year.