Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:37 pm Hope that quietens the doubters now :)
I should bring up topics that bother me more often; it seems to inspire people to do great things :P
(Ok I admit it, I'm a little proud that me waffling about (the lack of) charity made lilabet start the fundraiser. But all credit to her :love2: )
greenergrass
stress mushroom

simmehchan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm Ahhhh :D
<3
Philena
blobfish

This brought tears to my eyes! Such a wonderful idea, such a sweet response. I am so glad he saw and that both Dan and Phil shared the link. :love2:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

My heart stopped when he said "Dan and I are so proud". It's so silly but I melted.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
swofro
angel bean

My coherent thought is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
And <3 <3 <3 :happytears: :happytears:
Love is forever
DatCog
blobfish

It's already well over £2,000 now - I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to £3,000 this evening after that boost from Phil!
fancybum
senpai

:happytears: “Dan and I” even though it’s for Phil’s birthday. (I know it’s because they’re both involved with the charity, but I’m :happytears: anyway). And him retweeting it just gave it so many more eyeballs (and wallets); this is all too wholesome I can’t take it.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:42 pm I should bring up topics that bother me more often; it seems to inspire people to do great things :P
(Ok I admit it, I'm a little proud that me waffling about (the lack of) charity made lilabet start the fundraiser. But all credit to her :love2: )
I have so much affection for this whole community right now, and I love that it was inspired at least in part by this specific little corner of fandom. Definite props to lilabet for taking action from the conversation.
fancybum wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm :happytears: “Dan and I” even though it’s for Phil’s birthday. (I know it’s because they’re both involved with the charity, but I’m :happytears: anyway). And him retweeting it just gave it so many more eyeballs (and wallets); this is all too wholesome I can’t take it.
Yes this same. The phrasing of that tweet was peak married but my enjoyment of that is secondary to just really appreciating how Phil just shined a spotlight on the charity venture.

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

(I feel like that emoticon was made for moments just like this.)
psychicmoth
living flop

hello
i'm SO HAPPY :')) good job everyone! i'm so proud of our community!! :love2:
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
DatCog
blobfish

DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm It's already well over £2,000 now - I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to £3,000 this evening after that boost from Phil!
Blimey, already over £2,500! I now predict £3,000 in the next half hour!!
kavat
pastel persona

I'm so proud of this community right now <3 <3 <3
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm :happytears: “Dan and I” even though it’s for Phil’s birthday. (I know it’s because they’re both involved with the charity, but I’m :happytears: anyway). And him retweeting it just gave it so many more eyeballs (and wallets); this is all too wholesome I can’t take it.
Ah, I didn't realize Dan also retweeted! How ridiculously sweet from all angles. I love Phil, I love Dan, I love this whole community.

realeyesrealize
living flop

So, so proud of IDB and the community as a whole. I've been reduced to tears :happytears:

Thank you for setting it up lilabet <3
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm My heart stopped when he said "Dan and I are so proud". It's so silly but I melted.
same oh my god :love2: :love2: everything about this tweet and everyone who donated are making me feel so happy and emotional, i am so proud of everyone :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
moments like this are the best part of fandoms
dancy
procrastinator

Seeing all of this is so heartwarming and I feel so proud of lilabet and everyone who donated and/or shared the news <3 <3 <3
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

swofro wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm
My coherent thought is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
And <3 <3 <3 :happytears: :happytears:
Who? Me? I puddle of happiness on the floor? pffft
I legit squealed when I got a notification on my phone for this tweet <3
DatCog
blobfish

£3,000 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
swofro
angel bean

DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm £3,000 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
:stan: :happytears: :respekt2:

Edit: We have hit the 3100 goal wow.
Last edited by swofro on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is forever
realeyesrealize
living flop

£3100! wow :xoxo:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was such a good and cute retweet of Phil. :happytears:
DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm £3,000 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Amazing that it has passed £3,000 already.
malday
emo goose

realeyesrealize wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 pm So, so proud of IDB and the community as a whole. I've been reduced to tears :happytears:

Thank you for setting it up lilabet <3
+1

I'm so happy and proud that this idea came to fruition from the lovely people here! :love2:
phillyforgot
butt chair

I haven't really posted much here, so hey.

Also, I'm really glad that Phil acknowledged the effort of the phandom donating for his birthday. I'm pretty sure it helped raise money for the cause.
cutestdan
smol bean

I came home from school to see phil's tweet about the charity! My heart is so warm, I'm so glad I'm in this community :happytears:
"you're next to me, in my life"
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Add me to the list of people feeling proud right now! People can be negative about IDB but I think this shows what a fantastic group of posters we have here! So glad you guys discussed and @lilabet took it forwards, so many people will benefit from this :love2: :love2: :love2:

ps. the creep shot is creepy, especially as that is no way dan.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Okay I may be freaking out a little. I saw it about 20 minutes after it happened as I was looking into website options. Thanks @missemma I'll get back to that at some point.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm so glad that the conversation about charity was brought up. I had been considering setting up the charity drive for a few months and that gave me the nudge over the edge. I've always had so much fun with the 1D ones and reading birthday messages is always so sweet.

So far it's gone amazingly well. I know some people mentioned some complaints on other sites but I have not had a single negative retweet or @ on any site. A few questions but those were easy to answer.

I now need to dive in to answer peoples tweets once I wade through them. I had to turn on notification controls :lol:

I can't believe we're past the dream £3,100 already. :stan: <3 :respekt2:

Thank you all so much for the suggestions, encouragement and support.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3