Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

ratlad wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 am im late to the topic of the new DAPG vid, and im probably reaching my phanboy heart too far, but at the end of the video dan said "we're actually just gonna go back upstairs and just sit in a cave and play the game for 40 hours"
and I can't stop thinking about them going upstairs to their Dan's room which he calls his "dank CAVE" nd just play it together. how cute.
Yeah, I’ve been thinking about the cave thing too and how they use that expression. I thought Phil also said it in either Getting Over It, but it’s not a thing the very beginning or very end. I guess I’ll just have to watch it a sixth time. Oh no, what a shame.

Still, while my mind to did make the connect of cave to moon room, I think it refers more to physically wrapping oneself in blankets, ala Wholesome Howell and Lighthearted Lester.
Though I suppose one could argue the use of the words blanket vs duvet and where you generally use them.

Okay I am definitely overanalyzing now. I think it’s probably just an expression they both like. Like Phil saying he’s heading off into the wildernesses at the end of his liveshows. And now I just really want a Phil ls. :(

Side note: I do wonder where they use their respective Switches. The upstairs lounge seems obvious. I don’t think we know if there is a tv in the moon room (I don’t think we saw one in the skits, could it be over the cabinet with the Guild Wars 2 stuff?) Dan’s Rock Band drum kit was in there at one point, which I found odd. Oh dear, I’m being silly, it comes with it’s own little screen doesn’t it? :facepalm: So you could take Link and your blanket cave anywhere in the wild. But you can also attach the system to a tv too yeah? (See if I had let my husband get our son one for Christmas I would know this, but no I had to be the financially responsible parent).

So umm I really like this art...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I love that phanart, @autumnhearth. How the fuck are there so many talented people in phandom?

In the absence of anything else happening, here's a video someone reminded me of the existence of the other day - charlieissocoollike and Jimmy doing a dramatic reading of The Urge from a livestream they did ages ago. Jimmy's impression of Dan when he tries to get Dan's tone right is hilarious, and so spot on.

ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 pm
ratlad wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 am im late to the topic of the new DAPG vid, and im probably reaching my phanboy heart too far, but at the end of the video dan said "we're actually just gonna go back upstairs and just sit in a cave and play the game for 40 hours"
and I can't stop thinking about them going upstairs to their Dan's room which he calls his "dank CAVE" nd just play it together. how cute.
Yeah, I’ve been thinking about the cave thing too and how they use that expression. I thought Phil also said it in either Getting Over It, but it’s not a thing the very beginning or very end. I guess I’ll just have to watch it a sixth time. Oh no, what a shame.

Still, while my mind to did make the connect of cave to moon room, I think it refers more to physically wrapping oneself in blankets, ala Wholesome Howell and Lighthearted Lester.
Though I suppose one could argue the use of the words blanket vs duvet and where you generally use them.

Okay I am definitely overanalyzing now. I think it’s probably just an expression they both like. Like Phil saying he’s heading off into the wildernesses at the end of his liveshows. And now I just really want a Phil ls. :(

Side note: I do wonder where they use their respective Switches. The upstairs lounge seems obvious. I don’t think we know if there is a tv in the moon room (I don’t think we saw one in the skits, could it be over the cabinet with the Guild Wars 2 stuff?) Dan’s Rock Band drum kit was in there at one point, which I found odd. Oh dear, I’m being silly, it comes with it’s own little screen doesn’t it? :facepalm: So you could take Link and your blanket cave anywhere in the wild. But you can also attach the system to a tv too yeah? (See if I had let my husband get our son one for Christmas I would know this, but no I had to be the financially responsible parent).

So umm I really like this art...
i guess it all comes back to d&p sharing a room theory again..... idk I don't wanna seem invasive at all but i just can't stop thinking about #centipedegate
can we get a centipede emoticon up in here??? i find centipedes rather cute. no homo.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

Very cute video. I watched it a few months ago, but definitely worth the rewatch! Their whiskers are quite dainty and neat if a little low on the cheeks. I agree Jimmy’s impression of Dan is pretty good, but not how I would imagine his tone in that moment. Still watching their reactions as they read (especially Jimmy’s) is great.

Dan and Phil’s Interview with Caitlin Moran about TABINOF started playing right after that for me and the description she reads of their career in the first two minutes is hilarious.

“Both weird, funny and HOT”
“When they combined forces the world essentially exploded.”
“Together they have 8 million subscribers and one hell of a lot of chemistry... and hair.”
Dan touched JLaw’s hand “whilst Phil has a superior educational qualification and is in then Guiness Book of World Records as the fastest coin stacker in the world.”
“like sexy conquering locusts”
“-in the young adult hard cover list which sounds rude but is real and important.”

Such self awareness. Much pride.

I’m just going to fall down a hole of D&P interviews now aren’t I? Rewatching Sue Perkins’ interview after actually having watched Bake Off sounds like a fab idea!
hello9217
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:33 pm I’m just going to fall down a hole of D&P interviews now aren’t I? Rewatching Sue Perkins’ interview after actually having watched Bake Off sounds like a fab idea!
I watch that Sue Perkins' interview quite a bit. It's one of those things where it's deppy outside of their channels that doesn't make me cringe. It was a really great discussion with interesting topics that I wish they would talk about more.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

hello9217 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:52 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:33 pm I’m just going to fall down a hole of D&P interviews now aren’t I? Rewatching Sue Perkins’ interview after actually having watched Bake Off sounds like a fab idea!
I watch that Sue Perkins' interview quite a bit. It's one of those things where it's deppy outside of their channels that doesn't make me cringe. It was a really great discussion with interesting topics that I wish they would talk about more.
Same here! The Sue Perkins interview was great, Dan kept advertising it as “something boring maybe 2% of you all would watch” but I love it so much! I love Sue Perkins because she’s a very entertaining but thoughtful interviewer. It felt so engaging to watch them talk about genuine professional topics outside of youtube.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:52 pm

The Huffington Post interview also falls into that category for me, as well. I also love watching the interviewer's opinion of them progress through his facial expressions. I swear you can almost see the moment he realizes that this might not be a buddy-arrangement. But he handles it all very gracefully and respectfully, follows their lead in terms of boundaries and what he asks or pushes them to answer, and they respond very positively when they realize that he's not setting them up for anything tricky.
hello9217
flower crown

I wonder when they are going to announce the TBC dates. Like it doesn't really concern me personally bc I don't live in one of those countries but I feel like Phil will have to do a ls in order to talk about it and I'm selfish like that.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Well. That's. A super bland tweet.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yeah, my first thought on seeing that tweet was "I hear liveshows are a good distraction" ;) though damp clothes are no fun and rumoured to cause rheumatism.
susan2
rainbow nerd

hello9217 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:16 pm I wonder when they are going to announce the TBC dates. Like it doesn't really concern me personally bc I don't live in one of those countries but I feel like Phil will have to do a ls in order to talk about it and I'm selfish like that.
I would guess they're getting the additional dates sorted out too so that they can announce them at the same time as the TBC dates - to keep things simple. I think they'd said if the TBC dates weren't confirmed pre-xmas then it'd be January so, unless there's a hold up, I'm expecting Phil will spon them in his next ls too (hopefully tomorrow!).

I saw Phil liked a tweet about Timothée Chalamet - I wonder if they saw Call Me By Your Name? (beautiful movie btw!). I remember them working through seeing the list of Oscar nominated movies last year. I'm always interested to hear their movie reviews.
thesadassassin
dank meme

isnt dans room on the bottom level? i thought they were talking about the living room since thats upstairs
annabanana
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 pm Well. That's. A super bland tweet.
Was randomly rewatching the HP sorting video as I cooked dinner and Phil says the same thing while answering the river/forest question. It must be a true hatred. :lol:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:33 pm Dan and Phil’s Interview with Caitlin Moran about TABINOF started playing right after that for me and the description she reads of their career in the first two minutes is hilarious.

“Together they have 8 million subscribers and one hell of a lot of chemistry... and hair.”
Dan touched JLaw’s hand “whilst Phil has a superior educational qualification and is in then Guiness Book of World Records as the fastest coin stacker in the world.”
“-in the young adult hard cover list which sounds rude but is real and important.”

I’m just going to fall down a hole of D&P interviews now aren’t I? Rewatching Sue Perkins’ interview after actually having watched Bake Off sounds like a fab idea!
The Caitlin Moran interview was so good! I was lucky enough to be in the audience (lol I was definitely the oldest one there) and they gave out free tatinof tickets. The interview is actually really good, even though the questions were mainly from the fans (my question was the troll Vegas one) but she asked them in such a way there wasn’t the usual answers that we’ve heard time and time again. I always appreciate these kinds of interviewers, like the guy from the Huffington Post and Sue Perkins.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

annabanana wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:44 am
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 pm Well. That's. A super bland tweet.
Was randomly rewatching the HP sorting video as I cooked dinner and Phil says the same thing while answering the river/forest question. It must be a true hatred. :lol:
I feel Phil so much on this, I HATE when my socks get wet. It literally makes me feel nauseous, idk why.
missemma wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:48 am
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:33 pm
Dan and Phil’s Interview with Caitlin Moran about TABINOF started playing right after that for me and the description she reads of their career in the first two minutes is hilarious.

The Caitlin Moran interview was so good! I was lucky enough to be in the audience (lol I was definitely the oldest one there) and they gave out free tatinof tickets. The interview is actually really good, even though the questions were mainly from the fans (my question was the troll Vegas one) but she asked them in such a way there wasn’t the usual answers that we’ve heard time and time again. I always appreciate these kinds of interviewers, like the guy from the Huffington Post and Sue Perkins.
(on being the oldest one there) For some reason this is something I'm really nervous for for when I go to TIIT? I think I'm going to feel quite awkward being 10ish years older than the large majority of the audience? All the teen screaming, I can feel the cringe now. Someone that went to TATINOF and is older -- was this an issue for you?
On a lighter note about the Caitlin Moran interview, they gave away what the show next year will be about -- faith healing apparently. "The power of Phan compels you!!" :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

missemma wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:48 am The Caitlin Moran interview was so good! I was lucky enough to be in the audience (lol I was definitely the oldest one there) and they gave out free tatinof tickets. The interview is actually really good, even though the questions were mainly from the fans (my question was the troll Vegas one) but she asked them in such a way there wasn’t the usual answers that we’ve heard time and time again. I always appreciate these kinds of interviewers, like the guy from the Huffington Post and Sue Perkins.
I loved these three interviews as well. The interviewers all seemed to be engaged and like they actually cared about what deppy had to say, which was refreshing.

@missemma : Had you met deppy before this interview? They seemed like they recognized you when the host called out your name for your question, but maybe I'm just imagining things. I know you've mentioned meeting them a few times though.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

thesadassassin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:29 pm
isnt dans room on the bottom level? i thought they were talking about the living room since thats upstairs
yeah i realized that after a couple hours after posting it
lets just pretend okay
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

ratlad wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:42 am
lets just pretend okay
I actually don't think Dan's room is on the same level as the gaming room. I think it's either: the apartment has at least three floors - ground floor contains the gaming room and other tiled rooms, floor above contains Dan's room and presumably other rooms, and the top floor is the living room. Or obviously there's also the theory that the gaming room is in a different apartment to the moon room and the upstairs living room. I'm basing all this on the fact that Dan's room/moon room is an entirely different architectural style than the gaming room. If it is one apartment, I feel like there's definitely more than two floors.
DatCog
blobfish

captainspacecoat wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:54 am
ratlad wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:42 am
lets just pretend okay
I actually don't think Dan's room is on the same level as the gaming room. I think it's either: the apartment has at least three floors - ground floor contains the gaming room and other tiled rooms, floor above contains Dan's room and presumably other rooms, and the top floor is the living room. Or obviously there's also the theory that the gaming room is in a different apartment to the moon room and the upstairs living room. I'm basing all this on the fact that Dan's room/moon room is an entirely different architectural style than the gaming room. If it is one apartment, I feel like there's definitely more than two floors.
They have 2 flats, I'm 99% convinced now! I reckon the Filming Flat (with gaming room and Phil's bedroom) is on a lower level than the duplex Living Flat (with moon room and open plan lounge), mainly because it feels darker, so when Dan said he's going upstairs, it would be accurate because the other flat is on an upper floor in the building. We've yet to see any sign of a staircase in the white-tiled area, despite them filming in the hallway on a couple of occasions.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 am They have 2 flats, I'm 99% convinced now! I reckon the Filming Flat (with gaming room and Phil's bedroom) is on a lower level than the duplex Living Flat (with moon room and open plan lounge), mainly because it feels darker, so when Dan said he's going upstairs, it would be accurate because the other flat is on an upper floor in the building. We've yet to see any sign of a staircase in the white-tiled area, despite them filming in the hallway on a couple of occasions.
Yeah tbh I think I agree with you! I was doubtful when the theory first popped up but honestly, it seems more and more likely to me now. I came across gifs from Phil's '5 Things I Regret Buying - Halloween Inflatable Costume' video (which I never watched bc I was/am bitter lmao) and was struck by what looks like a navy blue hallway. Like, that doesn't fit at all with the lightness and airiness of the upstairs, you know? Also the gaming room (or whatever room is behind him) also seems to have a navy blue wall, which I've never noticed before?

(gif credit to dansucc)

In other news, if Phil doesn't do a liveshow today I'm suing him for everything he's got. It is time!!!!
DatCog
blobfish

I think it's dark grey, like the wall in the slounge with the Muse poster but the yellowy lighting makes it look navy.

I'll join you @captainspacecoat in suing the arse out of Phil if he doesn't do a liveshow today. Been far too long since the last one and our last realistic hope for a Christmas pressie haul.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:15 am I think it's dark grey, like the wall in the slounge with the Muse poster but the yellowy lighting makes it look navy.

I'll join you @captainspacecoat in suing the arse out of Phil if he doesn't do a liveshow today. Been far too long since the last one and our last realistic hope for a Christmas pressie haul.
Yes the wall is definitely dark grey. The reason it looks navy is because the person who made the gif messed with the colours in editing.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Secretstanner wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:41 am
DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:15 am I think it's dark grey, like the wall in the slounge with the Muse poster but the yellowy lighting makes it look navy.

Yes the wall is definitely dark grey. The reason it looks navy is because the person who made the gif messed with the colours in editing.
Ah okay, that makes sense, thank you!! I still haven't watched the video haha, so I wasn't sure. I'm still fairly certain it's a different apartment, but I guess we may never know for sure!
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Can't we also sue them for not doing an apartment(s) tour? The judge will understand after we force feed PINOF 1 - 8 in public court ;-)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Amiaw
interactive introvert

captainspacecoat wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:04 am
DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 am They have 2 flats, I'm 99% convinced now! I reckon the Filming Flat (with gaming room and Phil's bedroom) is on a lower level than the duplex Living Flat (with moon room and open plan lounge), mainly because it feels darker, so when Dan said he's going upstairs, it would be accurate because the other flat is on an upper floor in the building. We've yet to see any sign of a staircase in the white-tiled area, despite them filming in the hallway on a couple of occasions.
Yeah tbh I think I agree with you! I was doubtful when the theory first popped up but honestly, it seems more and more likely to me now. I came across gifs from Phil's '5 Things I Regret Buying - Halloween Inflatable Costume' video (which I never watched bc I was/am bitter lmao) and was struck by what looks like a navy blue hallway. Like, that doesn't fit at all with the lightness and airiness of the upstairs, you know? Also the gaming room (or whatever room is behind him) also seems to have a navy blue wall, which I've never noticed before?
I used to think the gaming/slounge area was a basement but that wouldn't make sense because the kitchen that was in the baking video has a window and so does Phil's "room" so now I think that the filming flat is on a lower floor of the building. Everything in the filming flat seems to be on 1 floor too - the long hallway with the 3 doors, the slounge, and the kitchen.
Also when we saw the living flat in Dan's memes video we saw that the doors were white, not the darker wood that the filming area has.
The only other way it could work is if the filming flat was like a mother-in-law apartment and that's why the flooring/etc are all so different and they are connected by stairs....