Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

I was wondering if he would upload a video since it was due but I'm sad it seems like he might stop live shows without telling us? I love new videos but I miss his live shows, he's always so entertaining and calming in them and its always a good way to decompress halfway the week :(

I hope it's just because they're being particularly busy with the TBA dates and not just a thing he's stopping altogether
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

liveshows are pretty much my favourite content from them, and while i get that they're busy with tour planning and stuff but it would be nice just to be told what's going on? i mean it's always been phil who's been more consistent with liveshows in the past so i suppose that's why this feels really weird

oh well i'll still take a video as it's better than radio silence
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

This didn’t post so I’m trying again.

Is it possible they have ended whatever contract or connections they have with younow? I don’t know how it works with yn but it’s very odd that phil has completely haru’d LS. Dan said he will do liveshows when he wants or misses us. If one has made this decision I’m guessing the other has too.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

rizzo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 pm
flarequake wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:15 pm Gah. I don’t want to be ungrateful for this, but the lack of liveshow and explanation bugs me. I’d really like to know if there’s a reason for avoiding them or saying anything, the silence has me not really in the mood to enjoy what he’s doing instead.
My POV is that he just doesn't like them and doesn't care to do one. I mean they were down to 30 minutes last year and definitely not as consistant as they used to be.

But while Dan usually announces these sorts of things, Phil just does, and that strategy isn't going to work here. We all miss him and his liveshows and if he intends to replace them with gaming live-streams altogether without saying a word, I'm going to be exceptionally disappointed.

Harumph.
god I hope you're not right... (not in a mean way haha) I'd just be so sad if his liveshows stopped. I mean I'd even settle for like one every 3 weeks but please Phil :cry: dont make us go cold turkey like that :cry:
My hope is that they're just busy as heck adjusting to the new tour planning schedule and he genuinely doesn't have the time, but my fear is that he'll actually announce "no more liveshows" at the end of today's video...
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’d be disappointed enough for them to stop with a warning in advance. I thought he enjoyed doing them for a shorter time, I don’t enjoy the realisation that seeming happy to be there might be a total act. The amount of times I’ve loved how much more energetic he was. Ugh. To stop them suddenly and tell us would also not be fun, but to not even say. Unimpressed. I understand he wouldn’t want to deal with all the moaning if he tells us he has actually decided to stop them altogether, but still it doesn’t seem fair to leave it hanging.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

My bet is on tour planning stress and all that, so they're trying to do as little as possible. Not in a lazy way, but maybe more in a "We've got other, more important shit to do" way
Also, this doesn't have to mean that he's stopping them forever now. For January so far, the excuse has been Christmas holiday and being sick. Today seems to be the only one so far with absolutely no reason/explanation, and I don't think that's a clear indication that he's stopping it all
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:32 pm My bet is on tour planning stress and all that, so they're trying to do as little as possible. Not in a lazy way, but maybe more in a "We've got other, more important shit to do" way
Also, this doesn't have to mean that he's stopping them forever now. For January so far, the excuse has been Christmas holiday and being sick. Today seems to be the only one so far with absolutely no reason/explanation, and I don't think that's a clear indication that he's stopping it all
You could explain today's away as he is trying to catch up on his main channel videos. However, I am always one who prefers communication. If there isn't one next week with and there's no explanation then I'll be annoyed.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm with @snokoplasmic, I don't actually think that the Phil liveshow situation in general is that dire. I think they're busy doing pre-tour planning stuff, which happened before the last tour as well. I think things are just... busy right now. I'm guessing when the initial wave of set planning/tour detail work is done we'll get a few more liveshows, and they'll be normal length - he only had three half hour liveshows last year, they're generally all falling between 40-50 minutes. That's also where Dan had his falling at, though his January one did happen to be the full hour.

Anyway, I'm excited for the video, and I'll float my impatience for a liveshow until next week.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

lilabet wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:37 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:32 pm My bet is on tour planning stress and all that, so they're trying to do as little as possible. Not in a lazy way, but maybe more in a "We've got other, more important shit to do" way
You could explain today's away as he is trying to catch up on his main channel videos. However, I am always one who prefers communication. If there isn't one next week with and there's no explanation then I'll be annoyed.
I understand the communication thing, and I do agree with you 100%, I wish he would tell us when he's doing one/not doing one.
What I feel regarding if this means that he's stopping liveshows, however, is that I think that right now there's an alright chance that it's just a couple weeks of understandably missed liveshows. I mean, I'm pretty sad about it because Phil liveshows are some of my favorite content that we get, but I don't think it's indicitive of future plans regarding liveshows
autumnhearth
senpai

lilabet wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 pm New Project: Phandom Matching for Phil’s Birthday

We are now in the last week of Phil’s birthday drive and we still have 10% to go to get to the final goal of £8,000.

In honour of his 31st birthday we have started a donation matching project! All you have to do is donate 3.10 (in any currency) to the birthday drive and include (phandom matching) at the end of your donation comment. We will periodically tally the donation number and donate the matching amount. This is a chance to double your donation!

I will match the first ten donations and we have two other lovely matchers signed up to cover another 15 donations. Both of whom are from IDB!

If you would like to sign up as a matcher please contact me on twitter in the first instance but you can also contact me on all the social media sites.

Please continue to share the birthday drive as far and wide as you can. Let’s try to raise as much money for Make A Wish as we can. The donation link is https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... ves-phil31
Thank you so much for doing this. I haven’t been able to donate yet, but payday is tomorrow and I’m hoping to be able to contribute and if that can be matched even better!

While I would love a ls and better communication from Phil, I hope people’s disappointment/annoyance doesn’t detract from this.

Ooo he just posted!
Ablissa
pastel persona

I honestly don't think Phil necessarily dislikes doing liveshows? It's clear he's done them a few times when not in the mood for it, but there have been some great ones too. I miss them, of course, but I don't think he's sneakily going to just drop them and never tell us. He's been sick, they've been busy... I would love an explanation, or better yet - a date for his next ls, but I'm not upset with him. He'll be back to doing them until the tour soon, I'm sure.

EDIT AFTER VIDEO to avoid double posting :D

I really enjoyed the video! It felt more real than usual, with Phil responding "almost" to the WW3 question and then saying people are eating tide pods now so it's time to move to Mars :rofl:
I also loved him mentioning Dan and only Dan "dani snot on fire" when speaking of making some new friends as opposed to staying friends for life with his uni mates. Oh, and all the uni/degree talk in general. I wish he'd make a video talking about stuff like that more, I feel he has a lot of stories to tell.

Overall, I liked it, and I'm having a terrible day, so I'd probably like it even more on a better one.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

That was a great video and I loved the insights he shared. As much as we sometimes see Phil as more private than Dan he definately showed he was aware of whats happening in the world in this. I loved the information about the early youtube stuff and the opportunities and paths he could have taken. Also that fact that not everyone meets friends for life at school/uni.
Also he looked fantastic in this video. Something about the grey jumper really made his eyes pop.
Last edited by lilabet on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

That was such an adorable video. I really really liked it.
I love when he shares things about his past without having to make a big joke about it.
hello9217
flower crown

First of he looked so amazing!!! I actually really liked that video. But I swear Phil you expect me to wait until 2019 for the fringe to die?! It is time to say bye to it now.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phil, you're telling me that 2008!AmazingPhil didn't have a line in there about finding love? Yeah. Right.

That was a cute concept though. Agree with @Ablissa that it felt a bit more real and ~in touch with the world. Also, that sweater really does look fantastic on him.

I was really hoping for a Christmas present review, so what I've concluded here is that I should stop hoping for things.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Who cares about liveshows when we are blessed with this beauty of an update?!! :happytears: :hearts: :lionlove: :angel2: I'm not crying, are you crying?
Oh fetus!Phil, you have nooo idea!!! My heart, guys - my heart is exploding!
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I actually never knew that he had an internship chance at a video editing place, wow! Infinitely glad that he took the YouTube path haha
(Edit to say that now I'm super duper nostalgic and gonna spend the rest of the day watching old-school AmazingPhil videos)
Last edited by snokoplasmic on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I don't think it really hit me how much I was craving something that was just Phil until this video?? Like, I wanted a liveshow, but honestly I'm so satisfied with that video. I love hearing him reminisce and getting some insight into 2010 Phil and his decision making process (by talking about the year long internship he turned down) and I love him reflecting on how far he's come in youtube and in his confidence levels and I love him dismissing resolutions that are unrealistic and I love him implying that right now the stage show is his main focus (which just reaffirms to me that the lack of liveshows isn't about him hating liveshows but about him prioritizing) and I love the little Dan mention and the honesty about drifting apart from friends?? And I just. Love Phil.
smartcookie
drama llama

Oh my heart, what a sweet video! <3 my eyes were all scrunched up from smiling so hard.
Loved everything about it, and albeit cringe you gotta give to him that that was indeedy a very smooth tiit spon :lol:
Might be my thirst for content being quenched speaking, but I’m fairly certain this was one of the best AP videos in a long time :respekt2:
everything sucks forever
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was really fun and sweet. I love all the insights into his thoughts and his asides commenting on things. He does look great in dark grey, he always has. There’s an older video where he’s wearing a long-sleeved dark grey top and he looks stunning af. I love his old long hair too, I wonder if he even styled it or was just blessed, it was quite a mane.
alien
procrastinator

I just love Phil so much. I really love hearing him talk about his past self and what he was thinking and feeling. I'm always here for that.

And yeah if his ls are gone I'll be bummed but I'm also not torn up about him not saying anything about it because I don't feel like he owes me anything. (this is just a totally personal opinion and understand why others feel different)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Welp I typed out some thoughts and pressed submit and then I saw all the recent posts that were made while I was typing and everyone seems to love the video so I'll keep my thoughts to myself and watch it again tomorrow when I'm hopefully in a better mood.
alien
procrastinator

rizzo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 pm Phil, you're telling me that 2008!AmazingPhil didn't have a line in there about finding love? Yeah. Right.

That was a cute concept though. Agree with @Ablissa that it felt a bit more real and ~in touch with the world. Also, that sweater really does look fantastic on him.

I was really hoping for a Christmas present review, so what I've concluded here is that I should stop hoping for things.
Yeah after I finished the video I wondered what things he probably left out and that was definitely a thought of mine lol
liola
rankussy

That was actually really cute, and felt very personal and intimate for Phil? Love the insight of fetus Phil still so unsure of his life and what his worries and dreams might have been. 💙

The tiny Dan mention had me shake my head fondly but also realize I find it so weird he didn't have anything about love? He talked so much about wanting to date people, and how flirty he was... I'm susbitches

I missed his solo content and he looked exceptionally good in that blessed jumper from his blessed selfie :garbage:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

rizzo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 pm Phil, you're telling me that 2008!AmazingPhil didn't have a line in there about finding love? Yeah. Right.
Well, he did manage to mention Dan ;)