Anthony Padilla

LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I unsubscribed from his channel a few days ago because I wasn't watching the videos anyways. Whenever I checked one I got really turned off by his fake-entitled-star act. That joke got old after the second sketch.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:18 pm I unsubscribed from his channel a few days ago because I wasn't watching the videos anyways. Whenever I checked one I got really turned off by his fake-entitled-star act. That joke got old after the second sketch.
I'm considering making the same move. I enjoyed his videos with Dan and Phil over the summer, and a few of his solo vids early on, but lately, they've just been pretty stale. And I do get a bit of a pretentious vibe from him. Shame, ah well, I guess DnP bring out the best in people.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I unsubscribed a while ago as well, probably around November actually. After the first few videos nothing he made interested me so I hit unsub and haven't missed his content at all. There's also just something unlikable about him that I can't quite place. His solo star seems to be fading quick.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

Interesting to read your opinions of Anthony's recent content. I've not watched any of his videos for a few months as they haven't appealed and I think I'll now be unsubscribing. Shame as he initially showed a lot of promise.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

DatCog wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:16 pm Interesting to read your opinions of Anthony's recent content. I've not watched any of his videos for a few months as they haven't appealed and I think I'll now be unsubscribing. Shame as he initially showed a lot of promise.
Same for me. I hadn't been watching his videos because none of them looked interesting to me, and after reading this thread earlier, I unsubscribed. Too bad, I liked his videos at first.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I've unsubscribed as well. I was one of the people defending his videos a while back because I honestly thought he was trying to dismantle some stereotypes and toxic masculinity but maybe I paid him too much credit too soon. His whole "straight guy" act got old really fast and lately I just wasn't sure if he's actually supporting the idea of dismantling gender roles or making fun of it. Also I agree that post reads extremely pretentious. Isn't he basically saying that people who don't find him funny just aren't clever enough to get his brand of humour? Ugh. His solo content looked promising at first but it's not for me after all.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Interesting how many people unsubscribed around the same time I did for the same reasons. It's such a shame, I was very intrigued at first and his videos started out really good and funny.
pulvis et umbra sumus
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Katka wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm I've unsubscribed as well. I was one of the people defending his videos a while back because I honestly thought he was trying to dismantle some stereotypes and toxic masculinity but maybe I paid him too much credit too soon. His whole "straight guy" act got old really fast and lately I just wasn't sure if he's actually supporting the idea of dismantling gender roles or making fun of it. Also I agree that post reads extremely pretentious. Isn't he basically saying that people who don't find him funny just aren't clever enough to get his brand of humour? Ugh. His solo content looked promising at first but it's not for me after all.
He's also just not... right. There's nothing super clever about his last two videos. Inviting the pizza guy in and making a no homo joke about not doing butt stuff? Eating chips and salsa out of ziploc bags? Yeah sorry no, you've not exactly got layers of comedy happening there.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I was talking to my best friend about this last night (considering that post he made pissed me off), and I originally got her into his content when he first went solo because I was really liking it, and I wanted someone to talk about it with irl, and it was interesting to talk to her about that post since she's on vacation right now and little out of the youtube loop. Anyway, the main conclusion we came to was that for the past month or so (but ultimately since midway through his October series) it feels like we've been watching the same mediocre video over and over, only with slightly different situations. He's trying wayyy too hard to start a "satirical series" about being a yt diva, but there's no ultimate take away from the videos, or any sort of unique aspect to it. To me, it kinda feels like a discount section of walmart version of Adrian Bliss's series.
alien
procrastinator

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 pm I was talking to my best friend about this last night (considering that post he made pissed me off), and I originally got her into his content when he first went solo because I was really liking it, and I wanted someone to talk about it with irl, and it was interesting to talk to her about that post since she's on vacation right now and little out of the youtube loop. Anyway, the main conclusion we came to was that for the past month or so (but ultimately since midway through his October series) it feels like we've been watching the same mediocre video over and over, only with slightly different situations. He's trying wayyy too hard to start a "satirical series" about being a yt diva, but there's no ultimate take away from the videos, or any sort of unique aspect to it. To me, it kinda feels like a discount section of walmart version of Adrian Bliss's series.
Yesss this is exactly how it all feels to me too.

I still like Anthony and I'm still rooting for him but recently I find his videos hard to watch. I did go back and rewatch some of his travel vlogs with Miel and it really made me wish he did more of that because they were super funny, well edited, and just fun to watch.
Birdie
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:12 pm
Katka wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm I've unsubscribed as well. I was one of the people defending his videos a while back because I honestly thought he was trying to dismantle some stereotypes and toxic masculinity but maybe I paid him too much credit too soon. His whole "straight guy" act got old really fast and lately I just wasn't sure if he's actually supporting the idea of dismantling gender roles or making fun of it. Also I agree that post reads extremely pretentious. Isn't he basically saying that people who don't find him funny just aren't clever enough to get his brand of humour? Ugh. His solo content looked promising at first but it's not for me after all.
He's also just not... right. There's nothing super clever about his last two videos. Inviting the pizza guy in and making a no homo joke about not doing butt stuff? Eating chips and salsa out of ziploc bags? Yeah sorry no, you've not exactly got layers of comedy happening there.
I didn't even watch his last few videos but this sounds horrible and unfunny, ugh. :roll: Maybe he'll get it together again but I'm kinda disappointed in him to be honest. It all looked so promising half a year ago.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I feel a bit mean even posting since all I can add is that I've been feeling the same, just haven't hit unsub yet, but the last one I watched was his collab with Jon Cozart, usually one of my faves, and a 3rd guy, and that was a chore to get through.
obvsly
#relatable

Oh no. I’m afraid I can add nothing new then. Lately I’ve been feeling so uncomfortable watching him. I haven’t unsubscribed yet but man I’m so close.

There’s always these hints of ...desperation in his videos. He tries so hard and it shows, not always in a good way though. It comes out insincere at times even when he tries to do a “real talk” video. Imo he does a bit better when he collabs with known youtubers, probably because he feels he doesn’t have to carry the weight alone. I really want so much for him to succeed as a solo act but it looks like a long shot now.
human
dan hand trash

Haha joining in and seem to have unsubscribed when many others did also. I thought at first he was being super original and it was refreshing and exciting. Slowly it’s ebbed away and there’s been some weird things I didn’t find funny and I wasn’t watching anymore, then just finally unsubbed. He’s super creative and fun to watch usually but lately... eh. No.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

His videos still show up in my recommended section even after I unsubscribed, his latest thumbnail is him with another man in kind of a romantic pose and the other man is wearing a red long haired wig. I clicked it, just went to a random point in the middle of the video and it's Anthony saying, "I've kissed lots of dudes on camera."

I'm just.................... real tired of whatever crisis he's going through here resulting in clickbaity/queerbaity/weird mocking-but-not-but-also-yes-mocking videos nonstop.
Birdie
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:53 pm His videos still show up in my recommended section even after I unsubscribed, his latest thumbnail is him with another man in kind of a romantic pose and the other man is wearing a red long haired wig. I clicked it, just went to a random point in the middle of the video and it's Anthony saying, "I've kissed lots of dudes on camera."

I'm just.................... real tired of whatever crisis he's going through here resulting in clickbaity/queerbaity/weird mocking-but-not-but-also-yes-mocking videos nonstop.
Jeez, it's like Anthony turned into some kind of anti-Dan? They started from a similar point humourwise and where Dan has successfully used humour to come out and spread positive messages, Anthony comes across as a straight man taking the piss... :roll: I wonder what Dan thinks about that to be honest, given how much he used to admire him and how they seemed to be genuine friends lately, but I guess we won't find out.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I just...don't even know anymore. Well, I guess besides the obvious crisis he's having and the fact that I'm sooo done with it.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:33 pm

I just...don't even know anymore. Well, I guess besides the obvious crisis he's having and the fact that I'm sooo done with it.
I watched the first minute and just. No. :?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Like. What is he doing. I don't even understand.
obvsly
#relatable

Seriously, I'd be so offended if I were a dog.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yikes. I wonder what he thought his post-smosh career would be. If this was it, he shouldn't have left and the people who encouraged him might actually hate him.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fieldoflovers
living flop

Its 1:30 am and i don’t have a filter anymore but Miel, Anthony’s gf is funnier than him. His content recently has been on an unorignal downward trajectory and Miel who was from vine is spontaneously funny in a way that Anthony isn’t. i know a lot of you are done with Anothony but i’d actually really recommend her twitter and podcast, punch up the jam.

I think anothony maybe just puts too much pressure on himself to make videos that are both funny and have a high production value but i think that makes his comedy a little unapproachable if that makes sense.

Once again, its 1:30 and i’m rambling but check out miel! I sound like her publicist lol
alien
procrastinator

fieldoflovers wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:32 am Its 1:30 am and i don’t have a filter anymore but Miel, Anthony’s gf is funnier than him. His content recently has been on an unorignal downward trajectory and Miel who was from vine is spontaneously funny in a way that Anthony isn’t. i know a lot of you are done with Anothony but i’d actually really recommend her twitter and podcast, punch up the jam.

I think anothony maybe just puts too much pressure on himself to make videos that are both funny and have a high production value but i think that makes his comedy a little unapproachable if that makes sense.

Once again, its 1:30 and i’m rambling but check out miel! I sound like her publicist lol
Yes! Punch Up The Jam is great and I always look forward to listening to it on Thursdays.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

i don't sub to him anymore but i got linked to his latest video and ah yes return of cocktober complete with a melodramatic-is-he-coming-out? type of video intro that leads into a wacky video concept (spoiler: he sits in his underwear on a bed and paints himself green so he can be the hulk and somehow this is meant to relate to toxic masculinity)
kavat
pastel persona

This popped up on my twitter timeline and.. I guess he's self aware? Kinda? But still not? I don't get him.