Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

mm_sunny1993 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:38 pm Seems like it is 'Stalker Prank Call'.
I don't know if he deleted it or not.
I checked the video url from the DD and yes, that video is indeed unavailable.
Wonder why he seems to do this every now and then instead of just taking everything old and cringy down at once.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

mm_sunny1993 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:38 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm Inspired by the discussion in the Anthony Padilla thread I was doing some browsing on SocialBlade when I found that Dan seems to have privated/deleted a 3M views video (or multiple vids adding up to 3M) yesterday?
https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/danisnotonfire

Does anyone know how to check what video(s) that is?
Seems like it is 'Stalker Prank Call'.
If you go onto a playlist with all his videos it shows 2 is private. The video after amazingdan was uploaded and a video after stupid air fresheners was uploaded. I’m guessing one of them that has been privated is the stalker prank calls.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1Ld2EO04IG
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tweaked embed code (playlists won't embed)
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

mm_sunny1993 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:38 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm Inspired by the discussion in the Anthony Padilla thread I was doing some browsing on SocialBlade when I found that Dan seems to have privated/deleted a 3M views video (or multiple vids adding up to 3M) yesterday?
https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/danisnotonfire

Does anyone know how to check what video(s) that is?
Seems like it is 'Stalker Prank Call'.
That's probably his worst video imo so I'm not too sad! It's always been far too cringe to watch.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I'm still waiting for him to unlist/private AmazingDan 2. The "jokes" in that video make me super uncomfortable.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I agree Stalker Phone Call was the worst. Good riddance.
autumnhearth
senpai

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:51 pm I'm still waiting for him to unlist/private AmazingDan 2. The "jokes" in that video make me super uncomfortable.
Completely agree. AmazingDan should have been a standalone. I'm glad Truth or Dare 2 is not just unlisted anymore. I think maybe he wanted to keep it because of the flow of that playlist, but I honestly don't care for the series. I'm sure it was fine for back in the day, but now? The only thing I really liked about that video was the story about Dan getting his head stuck in a train because it was closing before Phil got on. I'd be happy for Would You Rather to quietly disappear as well. Even their first DITL is hard for me to watch at points, but it's too nostalgic to let go. Anywho, good riddance to Stalker Prank Call. Deleting that one feels like a result of being involved with StopSpeakSupport, so yay.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:51 pm I'm still waiting for him to unlist/private AmazingDan 2. The "jokes" in that video make me super uncomfortable.
Completely agree. AmazingDan should have been a standalone. I'm glad Truth or Dare 2 is not just unlisted anymore. I think maybe he wanted to keep it because of the flow of that playlist, but I honestly don't care for the series. I'm sure it was fine for back in the day, but now? The only thing I really liked about that video was the story about Dan getting his head stuck in a train because it was closing before Phil got on. I'd be happy for Would You Rather to quietly disappear as well. Even their first DITL is hard for me to watch at points, but it's too nostalgic to let go. Anywho, good riddance to Stalker Prank Call. Deleting that one feels like a result of being involved with StopSpeakSupport, so yay.
I agree that Stalker Prank Call was the worst, and I'm not crazy about the other ones you mention. Which is their first DITL? The Manchester one or was there one before that? I really like the Manchester one, and its outtakes, Terrifying Baby Woman (which may be where I got my avatar from). What was hard to watch?
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

While I'm not too fond (anymore) of some of those older videos due to some icky jokes I'm really not in favor of Dan erasing that much content... imo just leave them up and have a disclaimer that tells new viewers to see these videos as products of their time and that he isn't a rap joke making asshole anymore. Perhaps demonetize as well.

But jfc Dan, at least change the thumbnail for I Will Go Down With This Ship will ya? I know that you won't remove it because that video was practically your claim to fame. But I hate doing old DINOF binges and then getting that guy's face recommended to me for a solid week.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

LeftHandedism wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm
I agree that Stalker Prank Call was the worst, and I'm not crazy about the other ones you mention. Which is their first DITL? The Manchester one or was there one before that? I really like the Manchester one, and its outtakes, Terrifying Baby Woman (which may be where I got my avatar from). What was hard to watch?
Yep, Manchester. I know it’s an unpopular opinion and I do like it for the most part, as well as the side channel one. It’s a bunch of little stupid comments at the beginning which maybe doesn’t add up to anything too horrible, but it’s enough that I hesitate adding it to a rec list for hypothetical new friends. I begin to loose tolerance at about 4 mins in with the Phil’s albino, Dan’s black and Dan’s afro. But it does get better after that.
000dia000
emo goose

Yeah, that video left a bad taste in my mouth. Yep, it was a stalker, but it was a little immature from them too. Then they pretty much encouraged the girl at the end. You would wonder why he kept the video up for so long. I don't even particularly care if the video is lost into the void forever. Good riddance. I do wonder if people should start a prediction thread on possible future videos that Dan/Phil are likely to delete. I'll make bets that the next is "A Day in the Life of a Superhero." poor Dan lol
lilMango wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:12 pm Also, the thor/loki "incest" moment in the latest gaming video was such a blatant reminder that they're constantly thinking about the perception of phan and it made me feel some things. When I first saw that moment, my immediate reaction was, "shit. they really are so hyper aware of shipping" and I thought about the statement in terms of the phandom. But also... Dan mentioning incest at all tells me that they were actually joking about it as a couple, too, not just pointing at us.
(I hope that makes sense lol hi my name is Mango and I'm trying to articulate opinions)
heyyyy

Honestly, deppy's reaction/treatment of shipping culture is so fascinating to me. Firstly, how they respond to things and treat everything from the perspective of people who are shipped. While everyone and their mothers' joke about being "shipped" with someone, and some people actively encouraging their fans or audience or whatever to ship them. However, it's very different to see it from the perspective of people who are shipped without their active engagement in the "ship" itself and also shipped so enthusiastically and in such large numbers. "Shipping" is really interesting, particularly seeing what the most popular pairings are on Tumblr: Popular Ships of 2017
. Just look at that. Most popular IRL ship. Like wtf.

While it's pretty obvious that they don't use Tumblr nearly as much as they did like 5 years ago, I think it would be difficult to not see the year by year trend of just how popular their "ship" is and how they are so popular together. How do they as people go about their daily lives, functioning, getting by, all with this knowledge that they are one of the if not THE most popular real-life ship in the shipping community, or at least Tumblr? Not least, how do they feel as "normal" people who use social media to be exposed so openly to this aspect of the community, while other "celebrities" have the advantage to shut themselves out and be able to separate themselves from that? What kind of feeling would they have to know that this is how they make an impact and how they leave a lasting impression?

So, while they make videos and do other ventures, a lot of the push they get from their audience and those that support them do so on the grounds of a lot of interest generating from their ship. It grows and literally comes to define them until it's a literal unspoken thing they have to dance around in interviews and brush off. Soon, there's not much else. They aren't big celebrities who have many different career ventures and opportunities to separate their self from their past self and don't have that many connections when they shut themselves off from the world. They're two fairly average, "normal" guys only really close friends with each other, making little videos (most of the time) in their home and at surface level, most of the time, it can never venture further from that.

In a way, shipping for them has always been a blessing and a curse. A blessing in a way that it's literally why they're successful. People like to chalk up their videos and charisma, but let's be honest: whether it be piggybacking off people speculating their relationship, or even Dan blowing up when his video on shipping went viral on Tumblr, it's always been something that benefitted them. It's a curse, even if they were 100 percent together and wanted to come out? Can't escape. 100 percent not together and went their separate ways? Whatever magic they had going for them, whatever mystery they had, is lost. How do they build themselves back up from that?

So, in a way, it's interesting to see their reactions to shipping, how they know little tidbits about mpreg and milkfics and all that crap that they're relatively sound knowledge on. I suppose some of the "culture" and tropes of the community. But it's also interesting how they evade the question, how they pleasantly ignore the culture about themselves and the cult people have built around their relationship. It's interesting to see how they're all pleasant smiles and evaded questions. It's interesting to see their awkward pauses whenever shipping is brought up, how when they evidently compare themselves/let themselves be compared and their change in conversation, promptly. It can never really escape them, and they know that, and they're too smart to know that it's also all they have going for them. If deppy weren't a thing, weren't a "ship", nobody would give a fuck. They would probably have maybe 100K views per video or something, if lucky. I'm not saying that they would be making different videos, or people wouldn't like them as much, but they wouldn't have the community that they have now. They wouldn't have the trust and devotion that people have, patiently waiting for the next video, the next half-assed tweet that they're still alive. They wouldn't people mooching around in Tumblr communities amidst tumbleweeds, amusing themselves. They're fucking lucky, and they know that. I don't think they like it, but they're stuck.
:cactus:
felucca
truth bomb

:undertaledog: Full list of the videos Dan deleted:

Aeroplane Adventures - with danisnotonfire
Stalker Prank Call
Truth or Dare 2
University Life
Dan Mail
Dan Mail 2
Dan Mail 3

All updated on the Drug Deal, no worries. :spy:

(Also, if you're one of the people who emailed me on the drug deal account for the past 6 months or so, sorry... :oops: I'll get around to answering each and every one of you asap.)
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I'm v glad Stalker Prank Call is finally gone, I only watched it once about five or so years ago but I remember finding it uncomfortable and I was never able to rewatch it.

Agree with catallena about I Will Go Down With This Ship. I sympathise with him to a certain extent, in so far as it's a popular video that was arguably instrumental in boosting his subscribers back in 2012 (I remember seeing countless gifs of it on my tumblr dash at the time, and it was eventually the video that prompted me to look up his channel). However, given what Alex did, and how shunned he has been by the entire youtube community, I reckon at the very least the video could do with a new thumbnail and a disclaimer in the description.
LeftHandedism wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 pm I really like the Manchester one, and its outtakes, Terrifying Baby Woman (which may be where I got my avatar from).
You just inspired me to watch Terrifying Baby Woman again, and omg I feel like it's under appreciated tbh. A quality vid. The scene that your avatar's from, damn. Absolute 10/10.

Although, because I'm nitpicky and annoying, I don't actually think that it was outtakes of the Manchester DITL, since they're wearing different outfits and in TBW Phil goes into town alone to get a haircut and Dan meets him there afterward, whereas in Manchester DITL they both go into town together.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 am
Agree with catallena about I Will Go Down With This Ship. I sympathise with him to a certain extent, in so far as it's a popular video that was arguably instrumental in boosting his subscribers back in 2012 (I remember seeing countless gifs of it on my tumblr dash at the time, and it was eventually the video that prompted me to look up his channel). However, given what Alex did, and how shunned he has been by the entire youtube community, I reckon at the very least the video could do with a new thumbnail and a disclaimer in the description.
agreed, especially since he's deleted other videos due to that person being featured, he could at least say something on that video
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

Part 66 is nearly here, please vote!

~pick a name~ :elephant:

i would also like to see dan be light-handed at deleting content, demonstrable growth is important. so i think he's done pretty well on that front though i'm sure has been tempted, especially in recent times. disclaimers is always a good path where appropriate, though some content should just be nixed.
art in avatar by lily
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I also noticed that Dan deleted 'Narcoleptic Laptop', since I had it in a playlist, but it's unavailable now.

And I agree that having a disclaimer would serve a better purpose than deleting everything entirely (besides some particularity bad ones of course), but something sort of strange to me is that 'Uncle Ken' and 'I am Mexican' (both of which I find to be quite horrendous), are still unlisted and haven't gone the same way as the others. Along with that, the comments on 'Uncle Ken' have been disabled and there's a half-hearted disclaimer in the description, which, I mean, an attempt was made (probably in 2015 or something but whatever), but what I really find strange is that 'I am Mexican' has been left completely as is. I totally thought he would have deleted it by now as tbh, it's one of the worst/most offensive videos he's posted.
hello9217
flower crown

I think a disclaimer and unlisting the video sometimes do a greater good. If someone a year or so down the line wants to make a "dan is problematic" argument you could definitely find some of these videos, because someones going to have them and re-upload them. They could say Dan never apologized for the offensive stuff said in the video. Especially as of lately where it seems that a youtubers past is very relevant to calling them out. It kind of baffles me that he would unlist Truth or Dare 2 and put a note saying something about it being problematic and apologizing only to then private it less than a year later. Like why would you make that switch?
I totally agree with the discussion over the shipping video especially since when people said that they should change the thumbnail for the "Chopstick Challenge" video because of the flag they apologized and changed it. He doesn't even have to private the video, just put a disclaimer. On a side note, I wonder what Charlie thinks of it since he is also in that thumbnail. Like does he have any issues of it still being up?
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I actually think that in most cases he's better off deleting or unlisting videos than just adding a disclaimer. I think either are sufficient, but there's no need for videos like Stalker Prank Call or I Am Mexican to remain on his channel. It's not just that the quality of the editing or acting or whatever is bad in comparison to his current videos, it's that there's something about the content that is problematic and does not reflect Dan's current values. I don't see the point of having that stay on his channel.

If it's offensive, and makes people uncomfortable or upset, and Dan clearly agrees, then I think it makes sense for him to remove them from his channel. They serve no purpose at all staying up there. Of course, I think adding disclaimers is fine too, I just don't see it as a superior option to deleting/privating/unlisting.
so_cheesy
butt chair

I feel like people are judging too harshly sometimes. The old problematic videos are part of the past and part of the reasons why Dan got so popular in the first place. We can't act like they never happened. They can and need to be acknowledged, in order to illustrate that people can grow and improve. Deleting things and scrubbing everything clean leaves questions and makes some people go even crazier - people WILL circulate copies and WILL reupload them which is waay worse than leaving them up, just unlisted, with a changed description and disabled comments.
autumnhearth
senpai

Nah, I completely agree with captainspacecoat on this one. Dan’s original stance of not deleting old cringe videos was about editing quality, not offensive content. I appreciate character growth, but if someone is new to him and looking back at his channel or a playlist (which is where the unlisted videos would show up) they wouldn’t see the videos that no longer reflect his values and thus wouldn’t question if he is worth watching. Of course it is easy to fall down a rabbit hole on YouTube and find old videos, but I think it’s more likely that they would notice that his name is not attached to it, than they are to read any info below the video (which if you are on a mobile app you have to click an arrow to reveal, or if watching it on your tv you don’t see at all). So unless we’re talking about a disclaimer edited into the beginning of the video (which means it has to be edited and reuploaded, bringing more attention to it) I’d say privations/deleting is the way to go with the offensive ones, it shows that he actually is ashamed/remorseful enough to hide it.
dancy
procrastinator

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:44 pm Nah, I completely agree with captainspacecoat on this one. Dan’s original stance of not deleting old cringe videos was about editing quality, not offensive content. I appreciate character growth, but if someone is new to him and looking back at his channel or a playlist (which is where the unlisted videos would show up) they wouldn’t see the videos that no longer reflect his values and thus wouldn’t question if he is worth watching. Of course it is easy to fall down a rabbit hole on YouTube and find old videos, but I think it’s more likely that they would notice that his name is not attached to it, than they are to read any info below the video (which if you are on a mobile app you have to click an arrow to reveal, or if watching it on your tv you don’t see at all). So unless we’re talking about a disclaimer edited into the beginning of the video (which means it has to be edited and reuploaded, bringing more attention to it) I’d say privations/deleting is the way to go with the offensive ones, it shows that he actually is ashamed/remorseful enough to hide it.
I agree with this. I also don't understand why him deleting a video rather than leaving it unlisted/putting a disclaimer is such a big deal? If Dan deletes a video, it's because he doesn't want to be associated with it anymore. He's either not proud of it, doesn't want to leave a bad impression with new viewers or doesn't want people to use it against him (because people on the internet love calling others out for something problematic they did/said years ago). It's not that deep. Sure, people can reupload it but those videos won't get nearly as much attention as they would on Dan's channel.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

felucca wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 pm :undertaledog: Full list of the videos Dan deleted:

Aeroplane Adventures - with danisnotonfire
Stalker Prank Call
Truth or Dare 2
University Life
Dan Mail
Dan Mail 2
Dan Mail 3

All updated on the Drug Deal, no worries. :spy:

(Also, if you're one of the people who emailed me on the drug deal account for the past 6 months or so, sorry... :oops: I'll get around to answering each and every one of you asap.)
First of all thanks :stan: The thought of losing a video to the void is just unbearable as a self-respecting trash can ;)

As for the content of the video's: I've never really found any of Dan's content truly problematic. As a matter of fact if find the word "problematic" rather problematic: is it just another word to say you're subjectively offended? What exactly is the problem specifically? I just see jokes, which isn't surprising since his content was generally meant to be comedic in nature and he often used the tools of the trade of a "comedian" youtuber: sketch video's, satire, sarcasm, jokes.
No doubt some find them in poor taste, but I don't. It seems to have been appreciated by many, since it at the very least didn't hinder his rapid growth and arguably in part caused it.
I'd agree that the content in his video's are influenced by the the context. The time they were made in perhaps, but much more so i would suspect his views and personality to have had the greatest impact on his content, as well as his general professional skills and attitudes.
I wish he would refind some of his older, sharper humor. Nowadays it's all about the shipping and being cute and making safe sexual innuendo's. It's getting rather predictable and old, and I doubt it's well aligned with jokes they make in private. They aren't exactly pastel people (thank god, the horror of being a flat cliché like that irl would scare me) and i think they already censor themselves way to much which just leads us to knowing less about them and who they are as real people :|
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

lilMango wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:12 pm Also, the thor/loki "incest" moment in the latest gaming video was such a blatant reminder that they're constantly thinking about the perception of phan and it made me feel some things. When I first saw that moment, my immediate reaction was, "shit. they really are so hyper aware of shipping" and I thought about the statement in terms of the phandom. But also... Dan mentioning incest at all tells me that they were actually joking about it as a couple, too, not just pointing at us.
(I hope that makes sense lol hi my name is Mango and I'm trying to articulate opinions)
heyyyy

Hi Mango. I think Dan talking about his mental health and engaging in charity projects about it is the most important thing he's done as a public figure so far. I hope he's encouraged to share more, and that it helps the many people in his audience who are having troubles too to be more open. I really hope that if he just chooses one banner to pick up, it's this one. Same with Phil, it would be invaluable to hear his thoughts on the matter too. It would impact tens if not hundreds of thousands people in their audience.
Hm it's quite a jump to the incest joke now. I just rewatched that part of the video again and personally I just ... don't see the fuzz? To me it just sounds like a joke Dan makes a couple of seconds to late, after he pieces together that Phil does indeed not fall into his Captain America trap :lol: I don't know much about the whole Marvell franchise, but wasn't Captain America revealed to be .. a villain, at least in some timelines? https://screenrant.com/captain-america-evil-villain/ )
I feel like you can almost see him realize that .. well if you're Thor that would mean I'm Loki... but that would mean we are brothers... and that would mean that our shippers are engaged in shipping an incestuous couple! So the hyperawareness about shipping i can see, and that comes back in other video's too. But how you come to the conclusion that they are also joking about it as a couple. idk, i don't see what specifically points to that :shrug: ?
000dia000 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 pm Honestly, deppy's reaction/treatment of shipping culture is so fascinating to me. Firstly, how they respond to things and treat everything from the perspective of people who are shipped. While everyone and their mothers' joke about being "shipped" with someone, and some people actively encouraging their fans or audience or whatever to ship them. However, it's very different to see it from the perspective of people who are shipped without their active engagement in the "ship" itself and also shipped so enthusiastically and in such large numbers. "Shipping" is really interesting, particularly seeing what the most popular pairings are on Tumblr: Popular Ships of 2017
. Just look at that. Most popular IRL ship. Like wtf.
While it's pretty obvious that they don't use Tumblr nearly as much as they did like 5 years ago, I think it would be difficult to not see the year by year trend of just how popular their "ship" is and how they are so popular together. How do they as people go about their daily lives, functioning, getting by, all with this knowledge that they are one of the if not THE most popular real-life ship in the shipping community, or at least Tumblr? Not least, how do they feel as "normal" people who use social media to be exposed so openly to this aspect of the community, while other "celebrities" have the advantage to shut themselves out and be able to separate themselves from that? What kind of feeling would they have to know that this is how they make an impact and how they leave a lasting impression?

So, while they make videos and do other ventures, a lot of the push they get from their audience and those that support them do so on the grounds of a lot of interest generating from their ship. It grows and literally comes to define them until it's a literal unspoken thing they have to dance around in interviews and brush off. Soon, there's not much else. They aren't big celebrities who have many different career ventures and opportunities to separate their self from their past self and don't have that many connections when they shut themselves off from the world. They're two fairly average, "normal" guys only really close friends with each other, making little videos (most of the time) in their home and at surface level, most of the time, it can never venture further from that.

In a way, shipping for them has always been a blessing and a curse. A blessing in a way that it's literally why they're successful. People like to chalk up their videos and charisma, but let's be honest: whether it be piggybacking off people speculating their relationship, or even Dan blowing up when his video on shipping went viral on Tumblr, it's always been something that benefitted them. It's a curse, even if they were 100 percent together and wanted to come out? Can't escape. 100 percent not together and went their separate ways? Whatever magic they had going for them, whatever mystery they had, is lost. How do they build themselves back up from that?

So, in a way, it's interesting to see their reactions to shipping, how they know little tidbits about mpreg and milkfics and all that crap that they're relatively sound knowledge on. I suppose some of the "culture" and tropes of the community. But it's also interesting how they evade the question, how they pleasantly ignore the culture about themselves and the cult people have built around their relationship. It's interesting to see how they're all pleasant smiles and evaded questions. It's interesting to see their awkward pauses whenever shipping is brought up, how when they evidently compare themselves/let themselves be compared and their change in conversation, promptly. It can never really escape them, and they know that, and they're too smart to know that it's also all they have going for them. If deppy weren't a thing, weren't a "ship", nobody would give a fuck. They would probably have maybe 100K views per video or something, if lucky. I'm not saying that they would be making different videos, or people wouldn't like them as much, but they wouldn't have the community that they have now. They wouldn't have the trust and devotion that people have, patiently waiting for the next video, the next half-assed tweet that they're still alive. They wouldn't people mooching around in Tumblr communities amidst tumbleweeds, amusing themselves. They're fucking lucky, and they know that. I don't think they like it, but they're stuck.
I agree with almost all of that Dia, but I do think the last part is a bit extreme. I would think if they went seperate ways or just made content that doesn't involve them constently providing fuel to the fans and feeding the enigma, they would still do fine and be youtubers with millions of subscribers who are able to live of it.
You're very right though imo when you say that the ship has benefited them. Phan is the gateway drug to getting interested in them as people, and tbh if one thing still sets them apart from other sometimes much larger youtubers it's that very strong emotional connection that so many in fandom have with them. That's what makes their books, tours, ... sell out in a hot Howell minute (I'm shamelessly stealing this expression :) ) while a consortium of even more popular youtubers hardly manage to do something similar...
From my pov, the shipping drove their channels in a certain direction. It was easier, more profitable and offered a relatively stable and predictable way to stay popular, at the personal cost of having to evade answering the question whether they are a couple as they'd like to. But they (especially Dan) had already tired to loudly deny they were a couple and people don't believe anyway, so they basically just had to continue on as they were doing, making sure that they occasionally indulge the shippers and at the same time having to put little effort into innovating the content of their channels.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I enjoy it when the boys share clothes.... <3
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Love the laundry tweet, I feel so called out lmao. Definitely noticed the shared Halloween socks. Dan’s been a little quiet, does anyone think we could expect a dinof video this week?
Secretstanner
truth bomb

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 pm Love the laundry tweet, I feel so called out lmao. Definitely noticed the shared Halloween socks. Dan’s been a little quiet, does anyone think we could expect a dinof video this week?

Personally if we don’t get a video or liveshow by Tuesday I will start to get annoyed. We have been due a dinof video for over a week. I’m use to him doing a video a month but if he can’t put one out soon then I’ll be a little pissed. I know everyone is okay will gaming video but my favourite content Is from dan or liveshows. He’s tried his best to avoid answering questions about liveshows or his next video, I hope this is because he’s currently making it not because he’s trying to put it off as long as possible.