Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
MyCartoonHeart
tol bean

yellowsubmarine wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:01 am
blackdenim wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:28 am
Shibi wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 pm Wow, what a beautiful man he is. How am I supposed to sleep now?
Also that therapy reply had be dead.

I've got an almost identical jacket but I'm always too insecure to wear it - maybe beauty Guru dani snot of fire will inspire me to actually wear it now
Wear it! I'm sure you can rock it. Life's too short not to wear sparkly things :D

Now... where did you get it because my great tradition of 'wanting all Dan's clothes' seriously continues with this jacket. I simply NEED to own it and wear it every damn day of my life.
Dan's apparently is from ASOS...
In my very humble opinion he could easily be the original model 😍
I honestly think he pulls it off better than the model
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Daaaaamn, Daniel. :loveeyes: What a good photo, he looks fantastic.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

pilotlight wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:04 am Daaaaamn, Daniel. :loveeyes: What a good photo, he looks fantastic.
A+ reference that echoes my feelings exactly.

DAMN BOI YOU KILLING THE GAME
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
Loafer
sofa crease

I think Dan’s pics were taken yesterday because I just noticed that he’s wearing the sequins jacket in the pics of Cornelia’s bday party!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

When I saw the pictures from the party I thought he was wearing a leather jacket but this is 1000% better. And the hoop! I'm dead! Bye!
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

All of Dan's posed pictures make me smile. It's hard not to interpret them with his typical sense of irony in mind, which gives what is essentially a 'fuckboi pic' a bit of an ambiguous double meaning. He's trying to look good, but then also the poses and angles and filters can be so over the top that it' is almost as if he parodies the idea of making a stylish selfie. But however tongue-in-cheek he makes it, it works anyway because he's so hot :love1:

I loved his bold caption "arriving at your funeral" :lol: Good, kill us all with some confidence.
He's so good looking, it's oppressive.
He's so hot
Is he a rebel pirate?
He's so hot
That's a nice album cover for your New Age band
He's so hot
How long did you have to stare at nothing to get the perfect angle?
He's so hot :|
He's so fucking hot :love3: :blush: :hearteyes: :xoxo: :sunshine:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
dancy
procrastinator

Gosh, that picture was such a beautiful sight to wake up to <3 I've never really been a fan of Dan's stud earrings but I figured a hoop would look nice on him and it most certainly does!

I'm thinking he might upload a new dinof video today or tomorrow, since he said he'd work on it last week (and there were 9 days between the last two gaming vids which is longer than usual, so I assume he's been busy). No idea what it could be about though but I wouldn't mind D&P doing one of those "I tried following a ... tutorial" kinda videos, even though that's not particularly original at this point.
phillyforgot
butt chair

Everyone talks about how good Dan looks. And honestly, I can't disagree with that statement.

Yep, you're right. He's stunning. :garbage: :philtrash:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 pm logged in on mobile right before my choral concert just to say that every time i’m ready to identify as a lesbian, dan has to swoop in and remind me that i’m not unattracted to all men, just 90% of them. thanks, buddy. (also i thought i wouldn’t like hoops on him but i do. i really do.)
30 years a lesbian here and boy has been trying his hardest to turn me. :sideeye:

THE HOOPS...i feel vindicated that they look amazing when the majority wasn't feeling the idea. show us your other eaaarrr!
on a more serious note i tweeted him like a stern mum in response to his 'gives me a jaw' comment, lol. embrace your unique face, daniel! the two of them still have a thing about 'manly' jawlines after all these years, sigh (even if it's mostly a joke now). love the confidence displayed today aside from this though. (has anyone seen any thirsty replies from verified accounts? there seems a distinct lack of them compared to past ones)

i'm gonna go stare at it some more, then rewatch the Sims. which has been demoted to my second favourite thing now.
art in avatar by lily
Stakhanov
haru pillow

I love his more androgynous features! I don't know how much all the jaw talking relates to some real idea he holds or if it's just a bit of a running joke he entertains. He makes the same style of comments around his supposed double / infinite chins. Maybe there is some latent concern there related to conceptions of manliness and strong jawlines, or maybe it's just that he personally finds strong jaws attractive and wishes he had a more pronounced jaw (and one chin) regardless of the angles and filters he uses :mrgreen:

I interpret it more as a self-aware jab at how he's trying to look good. To get the picture he made, you really have to consciously work off a checklist to try make everything work for you. After more than a decade of filming and editing, he's perfectly aware at what he needs to do to kill us all :). He's got a bag of tricks. He pays respect to lightening, he thinks of a position and angle that makes him look good, etc. So I think his mild self-depreciative joke about his "weak" jawline is more of a way of reminding himself that no matter how much he tries to control the situation to create the perfect picture, he's still going to be himself in the picture. Aka The same guy you could find pictures of and who looks so bad we imagine it's his twin brother "Doot". Or the face shot that would fit right into the "selfies from hell" category.

In short I think it's more of a self-aware form of irony than a self-conscious concern with how his jaw looks :shrug: ?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Is he saying that an iPhone X can give me a jawline?
*shakes piggybank*
Oh well. No jawline for me then.

~~

How good are our chances for DINOF tomorrow?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m with yellowsubmarine and MyCartoonHeart, I always prefer Dan or Phil’s photos to the clothes’ models, though biased cos of fancying them both.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the fact that Dan doesn't have a strong ass masculine-radiating jawline makes me feel more content with my soft androgynous features. like, I'm sort of a thin, smaller guy (5'7") but i still have curves and soft youngish features, but so does Dan! it's not a bad thing! he looks amazing! though i still wish i looked like him instead... u don't have to have a sharp angled jaw to be an attractive man, baby faces are fine. and if it helps, i actually love Dan's jaw and i envy his neck!!!! he's just beautiful!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
honeybee
squish

Stakhanov wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:46 am All of Dan's posed pictures make me smile. It's hard not to interpret them with his typical sense of irony in mind, which gives what is essentially a 'fuckboi pic' a bit of an ambiguous double meaning. He's trying to look good, but then also the poses and angles and filters can be so over the top that it' is almost as if he parodies the idea of making a stylish selfie. But however tongue-in-cheek he makes it, it works anyway because he's so hot :love1:
I feel this
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Poor Phil :( I hope he gets better soon, food poisoning really sucks. I wonder what caused it.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 pm
Ouch. Food poisoning is the actual worst. For the sake of his health and his bathroom, I hope it doesn't last too long. :(
hello9217
flower crown

Catallena wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:01 pm Poor Phil :( I hope he gets better soon, food poisoning really sucks. I wonder what caused it.
Dan obviously got fed up with all the birthday parties and finally decided to take matters into his own hands.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:36 pm Is he saying that an iPhone X can give me a jawline?
*shakes piggybank*
Oh well. No jawline for me then.

~~

How good are our chances for DINOF tomorrow?
I'm not sure the Iphone X can do that yet but maybe apple can lock you out of your phone because it refuses to detect your face unless you add the "contour" filter to accentuate your jawline. Which is available on the appstore for only €9.99. Yea that sounds like an Iphone XI feature :sideeye:

I'm not sure about the exact date, but I have spoken to the Oracle (so I've talked to my cat after inhaling enough toxic sharpie fumes) and she says it's definitely maybe tuesday as he'll want to give something to everyone hoping for a liveshow. I fancy our chances for *a* vid tomorrow either way.

@honeybee We are all secretly Dan ;)
Shibi
squish

Bless poor Phil, food poisoning is horrible. But still thanks for sharing that information :D

I really hope we get a dinof video tomorrow, this girl here is on a serious rehab and not liking the withdrawal symptoms
blackdenim
procrastinator

yellowsubmarine wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:01 am
blackdenim wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:28 am
Shibi wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 pm Wow, what a beautiful man he is. How am I supposed to sleep now?
Also that therapy reply had be dead.

I've got an almost identical jacket but I'm always too insecure to wear it - maybe beauty Guru dani snot of fire will inspire me to actually wear it now
Wear it! I'm sure you can rock it. Life's too short not to wear sparkly things :D

Now... where did you get it because my great tradition of 'wanting all Dan's clothes' seriously continues with this jacket. I simply NEED to own it and wear it every damn day of my life.
Dan's apparently is from ASOS...
In my very humble opinion he could easily be the original model 😍
Omg THANK YOU I am literally ordering this right now. :love2:
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Cool. He wore a true Plebeian outfit for our funerals :-p. What D+P own is the best of what stan accounts can offer.
You'll rock that outfit blackdenim :-)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Not complaining about communication because thank god, but isn't it past midnight in the UK? Hopefully Phil's doing okay because food poisoning is the absolute worst
hello9217
flower crown

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:19 am Not complaining about communication because thank god, but isn't it past midnight in the UK? Hopefully Phil's doing okay because food poisoning is the absolute worst
Stuff like this makes me wonder why is it always Phil that does announcement stuff like this? From merch to tour information, Phil is always going to be the one that tweets everything out. Also even with the gaming livestreams coming to an end, I only remember Phil talking about it. Phil has food poisoning right now, I'm sure Dan could tweet out this info while Phil rests. Btw I'm not hating or anything I'm just curious.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Stuff like this makes me wonder why is it always Phil that does announcement stuff like this? From merch to tour information, Phil is always going to be the one that tweets everything out. Also even with the gaming livestreams coming to an end, I only remember Phil talking about it. Phil has food poisoning right now, I'm sure Dan could tweet out this info while Phil rests. Btw I'm not hating or anything I'm just curious.
I was thinking about this the other day- it might be different behind the scenes but from an outsiders perspective it makes their business partnership seem uneven. Phil was the only one that tweeted out about Love, Nikki, he tweeted about the new plushies (dan did like the tweet but didn’t retweet) he tweets about dates and store sales...if they all have an even share in the profits I hope they all have an equal share in the work.

Phil also seems to do a lot bts with the gaming channel, the selection of games, the set-up, the admin side...i would really be curious to hear them talk about how they divide the work load