Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Dan dropped this video as I was just getting into my car so I only now watched it. The whole thing was depressingly relatable, as someone that is just now starting their true self by starting therapy, so while I didn't think it was boring it wasn't really..entertaining. a good video, nicely edited, bit heavy. I do miss his sketchy content a lot.

As for his blowjobs implications, man, they really decided to stop giving any fucks this year. I was a bit shocked tbh I really had a moment of "Oh dear is it happening?!" The more this happens in videos the more the possibility they might come out in the near future seems real to me.

In my mind there's no way Dan could've implied anyone but phil qnd let's be honest, he knows that. Phantis will take this as being mentions of casual sex, some will even say he wasn't talking about dicks at all. In the end, it always come down to context, not only of what he says but what one also believes or wants to think. What we know for sure is that Dan keeps up the narrative of almost never leaving the house and, now, having sex as some thing real and present. I can't help but think about his tinder video and how he never ever mentioned needing the app to find someone because he's single. It's kinda easy to do 1+1

All in all, a good Dan video, even if it wasn't one to make someone smile in itself. But it definitely felt genuine, which I think was the whole point. I like 2018 and these guys more and more <3
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

idk where people are getting this non-monogomous or hooking up vibe from?? he doesn't have to specifically mention a certain individual. not that non-mono relationships and hookups are bad! they aren't, but Dan definitely does not strike me as someone to be involved with that because of the obvious: Phil. he spends almost every waking (and probably sleeping) hour with him and they have built a life around each other. and if Dan was out being involved in hookups with strangers, wouldn't there be word about it somewhere? wouldn't he be seen in public with other partners? I'm just going to put 2 and 2 together and say it's not crazy to think that Dan is in a relationship with the man he has been living with for 7 or 8 years.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i mean, if he's never really discussed having sex before i doubt he'd be like "yeah i was out last because i hooked up with someone" and would instead say he doesn't go out anywhere. if he's kept that aspect of his life completely private until now obviously he'd ignore any time he was visiting someone else or something

idk at some point i just realised i saw literally 0 chemistry of people in a relationship with d+p after years of just assuming they were together. they just seem very like... friends who live together
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
Lain
eclipse shirt

jaej wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm
somelikeitpink wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:37 pm
rizzo wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:31 pm Honestly? Sign me up for Dan knocking down one anti-phan theory at a time.

Now that we know he enjoys regular sex, his next video will feature his relationship preferences: "Monogamy. I'm not a big one night stand or short fling guy. Give me that healthy af long-term relationship."

“You know I always thought that the best thing in a long term relationship is to live together.”
did people really get longterm relationship vibes from this? to me it felt sooo strongly of things queer men who've previously been reserved say when they start to realise they can and want to have sex with multiple people despite even progressive people only really being fully approving of sex between two men when it's part of one monogamous, romantic, committed relationship. admittedly i can't see anything at all sexual between d+p anymore so obviously i didn't see it as being about phil, but nothing about it to me felt relationship based at all?
Personally, I didn't get either 'long term relationship' vibes, or 'single' vibes from what little he said. Actually, I'm not sure how anyone could infer something like that specifically from the words he spoke. Sex makes him happy and he's going to carry on eating delicious food and sucking dick because those are some of the things that make him happy?

It's the whole entire bigger picture that probably make most people assume said sex-having is with Phil.
dontpanic
#relatable

Okay loved the vid, especially the running gag of him talking to a take-no-shit version of himself, it reminded me of Duncan's videos.

So... even though I'm pretty confident dot and pot are together, I try to also see things from a platonic-love lens so I don't suffer from extreme confirmation-bias-itis. On that note, do we know anyone else in Danny-boi's life he might be seeing in order to fulfill his intense oral fixation? Deppy are pro at keeping things under lock, but we're even more pro at... cataloging their activities and whereabouts :oops: ... about 80% of the time, even when their hanging with close non-internet-star friends like wirrony, ian, and my true OTP Cornelia/Martyn. All of their male irl friends are in hetero relationships.

plus it's not like Dan can simply frequent a gay club or use app like tinder or grindr without his sizable constituency finding out. The only thing I could think of was him meeting someone online like through gw2. One of my good friends actually met his wife on WoW so it's not impossible he met someone who lives in London.

tangentially, I wonder what it would be like for deppy to get romantically involved with someone besides each other. It wouldn't be surprising for their partner(s) to feel weird about how close those two are... I mean, they almost never go outside without each other, even on romantic vacations. They would have to be a super laid-back person to be chill with all that semi-codependency.

Wait--oral fixation--dentist kink--DAN'S GETTING IT ON WITH HIS DENTIST! Now I understand why Dan won't shut up about his dentist kink. And meanwhile, Phil's getting frisky with his optometrist.

Eh, whatever it is, I'm just glad Danny's getting some on the regular.
Catallena wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:55 pm dan's sex life involves a dick that isn't his own confirmed. :ribena:
well, I mean... we can all agree from the DITL Australia vid Dan's pretty flexible... theoretically, said dick might not not be his own... ;) okay I'll leave now :scram:
Edit: I personally wouldn't consider anything in this video as "coming out," since he's dropped enough male-attraction mentions in main channel videos (granted, none as... ehem, sexually charged). Although I guess this is confirmation that his sexual attraction to people with penises isn't just a theoretical "yeah this dude is cute but I'd never want to actually get #physical."
alien
procrastinator

“I know that first I need to let go of any baggage that I’m holding onto and embrace the truth about who I know I really am as only then can I be a real physical present person that can find happiness instead of just a shell with a consciousness forever floating 5 feet above my head staring sardonically down from above.”

I don't know if it's reassuring or just more depressing that others feel this exact same way as me but either way it brings out positive feelings hearing Dan put it into his own words. I will also say that it's incredibly reassuring that someone in my age range feels this way because often I tell myself I'm too old to still not have this shit figured out.

Anyway, I love Dan, I greatly appreciate his desire to make himself vulnerable for the sake of talking about stuff like this, and I'm still startled by the obvious comment everyone is talking about.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Lain wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:47 am Personally, I didn't get either 'long term relationship' vibes, or 'single' vibes from what little he said. Actually, I'm not sure how anyone could infer something like that specifically from the words he spoke. Sex makes him happy and he's going to carry on eating delicious food and sucking dick because those are some of the things that make him happy?

It's the whole entire bigger picture that probably make most people assume said sex-having is with Phil.
:tu: All he confirmed in the video is that he enjoys sex and both sexually promiscuous and monogamous people can enjoy sex it's not exclusive to one group.

Whether people think he means sex is with Phil (or not) is likely based entirely on the preconceived notions they already had about Dan and Phil's relationship status.
dontpanic
#relatable

fancybum wrote:I need to say that I find it annoying or something else on a level I don't even have words for that it takes (relatively) explicit references to sex including another person's dick to make people think 'oh so he was serious this whole time' - all the other things weren't enough?
I totally agree with you 100% :love2: . I feel like the only thing he confirmed here was that he's acting on said male attraction, if that makes any sense? Like, I'm attracted to all genders in theory, but I'm only attracted to women when it comes to actually having sex. Which, it's sort of interesting just bc everything Deppy reveal of their personal lives are interesting.

He's revealed how he's not a fan of labels (I think one time he acted sort of interested in the 'queer' label?) so I highly doubt sexuality is an important identifier for him. And tbh, imo he came out a long time ago when he called himself "sexually ambiguous" in Louise's video. Her shocked face after that will never not be hilarious :lol: .

sorry for double posting, I just missed the editing window because I talk/type too much
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i don't have many things to say other than i love dan and that video literally got me to come out to my mom tonight.
alien
procrastinator

sugar wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 am i don't have many things to say other than i love dan and that video literally got me to come out to my mom tonight.
aw congrats! I hope it was a positive experience and if it wasn't I hope you're able to find peace with it!
parallel
phabergé

sugar wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 am i don't have many things to say other than i love dan and that video literally got me to come out to my mom tonight.
Congrats! I'm super proud of you and I hope it went well <3
pilotlight
#relatable

that's really brave of you! i hope it went well. :platonic:
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

jaej wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:42 am i mean, if he's never really discussed having sex before i doubt he'd be like "yeah i was out last because i hooked up with someone" and would instead say he doesn't go out anywhere. if he's kept that aspect of his life completely private until now obviously he'd ignore any time he was visiting someone else or something

idk at some point i just realised i saw literally 0 chemistry of people in a relationship with d+p after years of just assuming they were together. they just seem very like... friends who live together
hi i don't really have any interesting comment on this (i am 100% on the "they're together" train, in case it wasn't obvious) but i just wanted to say that your signature is my favorite thing and i am so grateful that it exists and i get to see it every time you post
Yawn
smol bean

Dan having sex one way or another doesn't surprise me whatsoever, he's an non-ace attractive man in his mid twenties - of course he is. The insinuation about bjs does surprise me, however. I've always thought he was just a bit bi-curious, like a lot of guys secretly are, but apparently not. Good for him.

He's got to know he's feeding the Phan conspiracy by making these kinds of insinuations without being crystal clear, though. It's great that he's become so comfortable with it, I remember well when he wasn't (ancient fan here). I wonder if they'll finally shut the speculation down one day, perhaps when Phil gets a long term partner. Or maybe the conspiracists are right and I can eat my words.

Also congrats to @sugar, that's an amazing step. :love1: :love1:
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

dontpanic wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:01 am
Wait--oral fixation--dentist kink--DAN'S GETTING IT ON WITH HIS DENTIST! Now I understand why Dan won't shut up about his dentist kink. And meanwhile, Phil's getting frisky with his optometrist.
Don't forget the plaque mention :-D Omg Dantist confirmed! :rofl:

Okay, sorry I'm posting twice but NO ONE IS MENTIONING THE MAGNETS. Come on, I can't be the only one who noticed!
Hourglass+Arrow+Dan+Phil.
The message to me is obvious. You cannot tell me that's random - not with Serious Film Maker Mr. Daniel Howell, who deliberately filmed that spot with those props.
Conspiracy theorists, where you at? :sherlock: :illuminati:
malday
emo goose

Lain wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:47 am
jaej wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm
somelikeitpink wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:37 pm
rizzo wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:31 pm Honestly? Sign me up for Dan knocking down one anti-phan theory at a time.

Now that we know he enjoys regular sex, his next video will feature his relationship preferences: "Monogamy. I'm not a big one night stand or short fling guy. Give me that healthy af long-term relationship."

“You know I always thought that the best thing in a long term relationship is to live together.”
did people really get longterm relationship vibes from this? to me it felt sooo strongly of things queer men who've previously been reserved say when they start to realise they can and want to have sex with multiple people despite even progressive people only really being fully approving of sex between two men when it's part of one monogamous, romantic, committed relationship. admittedly i can't see anything at all sexual between d+p anymore so obviously i didn't see it as being about phil, but nothing about it to me felt relationship based at all?
Personally, I didn't get either 'long term relationship' vibes, or 'single' vibes from what little he said. Actually, I'm not sure how anyone could infer something like that specifically from the words he spoke. Sex makes him happy and he's going to carry on eating delicious food and sucking dick because those are some of the things that make him happy?

One thing is clear, they both know Phil is the first person people will think of and they both don't seem to care that (even more) people will come to the conclusion that Phil is his partner. It must be liberating.
Phantasy
woodland creature

I agree with some of the comments that when Dan makes these types of self-reflection videos he has a way of sounding like he’s revealing intimate truths/ facts, but in actuality it’s a bit of smoke and mirrors and lacks any big reveals.

What I thought was different and interesting in this video was the specific choice of going with “sex” in his list (along with food and laughter), where he could have gone with the more generic companionship, or intimacy, but he decided that his presently derived happiness is dependent in part on sex, which he further qualified as sex with a man (unless you're deep in denial and think he meant popping boobs in and out of his mouth).

So, there’s still that bit of vagueness there since he’s decided not to label himself outright or specify with whom is the beneficiary of that oral fixation. But, since I think most of us don’t expect that type of reveal until after the forever home is built and the dog adoption paperwork is signed, this video brings us pretty effin close!
Grey
lady door

I don’t know why listening to some rich guy on the internet give generic advice about happiness makes me feel better / more hopeful about my disaster of a life... but somehow it does? I liked that video a lot. <3

I do worry a bit about Dan though..
I hope he doesn’t really spend a lot of time lying on that futon thing...

Re dick sucking: it really didn’t shock me. I feel like the tinder video was the shock and now I’m over it (“it” being him implying being into men on his main channel). This time it did seem to be more related to relationship status but honestly I got vibes from both angles - on the one hand he seemed to be saying he missed out on sex with men because he wasn’t living his truth; on the other hand he seemed to be saying he is in a relationship. So idk about that.
I'm having a stress.
lorelei
phillion/danosaur <//3

…well. I haven’t posted here in a while, hey y’all. This video had me completely shook, lmao

I’m not out to change anyone’s mind who doesn’t believe they’re together, and tbh if you don’t I probably couldn’t change your mind if I tried, so. Just gonna caassuaaallly ignore some of the discussion and say that I love Dan being so open. Loved the sucking dick implication lol I did not see that coming. I actually had to go eat with my family right after he posted the video and I was just… staring at my food in shock the entire time. :lol: Of course I thought he liked guys before this, but it was just him blatantly talking about his sex life that surprised me. I’m excited to see how things evolve after this (what kind of innuendos will there be on the gaming channel now, lmao save us). It feels like quite a big step.

I liked the rest of the video too, the message resonated with me as someone who definitely doesn’t “live their truth” on any level. It made me feel like maybe I actually could do it someday, which was really nice. I can totally see why some people would find the video boring! But for me I just found myself going “same” or “me” in response to every other thing he said. I do tend to relate a lot more to Dan than Phil (although I love Phil’s videos too!) so his videos are usually pretty enjoyable to watch.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

And along the same lines...
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

Okay, sorry I'm posting twice but NO ONE IS MENTIONING THE MAGNETS. Come on, I can't be the only one who noticed!
Hourglass+Arrow+Dan+Phil.
The message to me is obvious. You cannot tell me that's random - not with Serious Film Maker Mr. Daniel Howell, who deliberately filmed that spot with those props.
Conspiracy theorists, where you at? :sherlock: :illuminati:
I posted about this two pages back! On one hand, the hourglass and the arrow could be separate and just mean that time is running out (which does fit the video's theme) but then it really does sound like "soon, there will be Phan developments" (or, from a gloomier perspective, "Phan has run its course and is soon going to be over").
greenergrass
stress mushroom

lorelei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 am I liked the rest of the video too, the message resonated with me as someone who definitely doesn’t “live their truth” on any level. It made me feel like maybe I actually could do it someday, which was really nice. I can totally see why some people would find the video boring! But for me I just found myself going “same” or “me” in response to every other thing he said. I do tend to relate a lot more to Dan than Phil (although I love Phil’s videos too!) so his videos are usually pretty enjoyable to watch.
Yeah, exactly. I understand why people could find the video boring, since it didn't really have a clear point, he wasn't offering up much new information, there wasn't really a conclusion, etc etc. If you don't relate to what Dan's saying, then it's not a massively amazing video - but for those of us who are nodding along to Dan throughout the video, it changes things. (I also relate more to Dan than Phil overall, which I think is why I generally prefer his content over Phil's. It's all subjective. That's not to say I don't like Phil's content - and I sometimes like it more than Dan's - but overall I think people tend to enjoy the content of people they relate to.)
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:01 am
Interesting. Though we know they wear makeup for videos (or they have in the past at least), so it's not that surprising that they have makeup wipes.
ratlad
angel bean

Grey wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:51 am honestly I got vibes from both angles - on the one hand he seemed to be saying he missed out on sex with men because he wasn’t living his truth; on the other hand he seemed to be saying he is in a relationship. So idk about that.
I don't think he was saying he was missing out on it, he was just stating what's making him happy and what he enjoys. cause he definitely wasn't missing out on food or laughter either.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

RachelPhan wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:31 pm Literally the only thing I got from this video was dan talking about Phils penis. That is all, I cannot remember one single other thing about it, he could have declared nuclear war on Russia and I would not have noticed I was that shook about him talking about PHILS PENIS. Anyway, that’s all. Phils penis.
I know I"m a bit late to the video reaction party (I've been out of the house all day), but this is a darn-near perfect reaction. Thank you for making me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair when I read your comment.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Okay I really and truly loved this vid. I love deep discussions on mental health. I love Dan <3
ANYWAYS I see some people calling it boring, and i can actually see how some would feel that way. His writing for this video was pretty dense in my opinion, kind of like meme-ing of like vid (as others have said). However, where the meme video just kind of had me going "lolwatDan" and moving on, I actually want to spend some time rewatching and unpacking this video.

Dan never fails to be endlessly relatable to me. I literally made basically the exact same New Years resolution, and also realized afterwards that it was maybe a little too vague and big, but I'm still working on it anyways lol. Also SAME with the oral fixation (first the pain thing now this, stop stealing my kinks Dan. imeanwhat)

That sad clown part was really genuinely funny to me. Almost a decade later and Dan is still putting yogurt all over his face for videos on the internet :lol:
dontpanic wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:01 am So... even though I'm pretty confident dot and pot are together, I try to also see things from a platonic-love lens so I don't suffer from extreme confirmation-bias-itis. On that note, do we know anyone else in Danny-boi's life he might be seeing in order to fulfill his intense oral fixation? Deppy are pro at keeping things under lock, but we're even more pro at... cataloging their activities and whereabouts :oops: ... about 80% of the time, even when their hanging with close non-internet-star friends like wirrony, ian, and my true OTP Cornelia/Martyn. All of their male irl friends are in hetero relationships.
As some who is not-so-confident that dan and phil are together, this vid did originally give me "Dan has a bf" vibes -- mostly because if he was out here having random hook-ups, someone would have posted about it online by now, and you know the phandom would have found that shit and freaked out. (Unless as someone said he's having people sign NDAs before they have sex. Which i mean, i would sign it tbh :lol: )However, I do think its more possible that he is dating someone and trusts him not to put their relationship out there before he's ready, and that doesn't necessarily have to be Phil imo. Anyway, to answer your question after a bunch of rambling, there was that "senpai" that Dan went on a walk with a few months back, that he specifically confirmed was Not Phil. Not that we have any idea exactly who that senpai was, but its a possibility in my mind.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue: