Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

:roll: Everybody has got this all wrong, the sex part wasn't about Phil, the food part WAS. :illuminati:
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

malday wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:37 pm :roll: Everybody has got this all wrong, the sex part wasn't about Phil, the food part WAS. :illuminati:
I mean, considering the increasing amount of eating ass jokes Dan has been making, you probably are not wrong :philtrash: :scram:

EDIT: oh for fuck's sake another top of the page post AND THIS IS WHAT IT IS

i'm not gonna be shamed
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
somelikeitpink
living flop

hello9217 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:52 pm I don't really think that at this point if you don't believe they are in a relationship then you probably never will until they explicitly say it. I mean people can believe what ever you want to and we both have reasons but I don't think it's entirely crazy to think that the guy that he enjoys sucking off is Phil.

Lets say he's talking about a long-term boyfriend for a sec; is he okay that dan went on vacation with bryony, wirrow and Phil without him? Ok maybe he was on the trip but they were lucky and no one saw him. Is he okay that four days before Christmas he went up to Isle of Man with Phil's family for a couple days? Maybe it's just a big coincidence and his family also lives on the Isle of Man. Maybe Dan just met this dude a month ago so it's a new relationship. So in that case is he okay that Dan spent his Valentines Day with Phil, Martyn, and Cornelia. Well hey that was a lunch right for Cornelia's bday; maybe they went out for dinner and no one saw them. I really hope he's okay with the fact Dan's going to be gone for 6 months with Phil. Maybe he can go and hope that no fan sees them in all the places they are going to meet fans. Definitely a strong possibility...
I'm so sad that theres no like button here because I would like the hell out of this. This is what I've been saying for ages.
alien
procrastinator

malday wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:37 pm :roll: Everybody has got this all wrong, the sex part wasn't about Phil, the food part WAS. :illuminati:
It is still so hilarious to me that since the spoiled milk comment in the truth bombs video dan has been nothing but sweet and sugary about how phil tastes since then lol

Oh to have been a fly on the wall
Philena
blobfish

alien wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm
It is still so hilarious to me that since the spoiled milk comment in the truth bombs video dan has been nothing but sweet and sugary about how phil tastes since then lol

Oh to have been a fly on the wall
So, you're saying this vid was purely to make amends to Phil for "spoiled milk" and "grandma's vagina"? :rofl: Fair enough.
somelikeitpink
living flop

I just had a thought.

Is it possible that what we will see this year is Dan talking more candidly about the relationship he has (making clear at some point that the boyfriend he mentions is phil) without phil being in any way included or it influencing their shared videos? Is this what he's been doing already? idk.
karma_yeah
philussy

Hasn't Phil made allusions to eating things off someone's body?
What goes around, comes around Image
lishachi
eclipse shirt

I feel like I haven't posted in years. It's been a while! Life stuff keeping me busy (uni and new job lol) ANYWAY!

I've barely been keeping up with their vids this year, but I have watched them when I've had time and have been lurking here too :D

Last night's video surprised me. I jumped straight onto here to see what you guys were all saying. I think Occam's Razor came to mind "The simplest explanation" and all that. I immediately assumed, based off of the 'oral fixation' and the sex comments that he is having regular sex. (Or just enjoys stuff in and out of his mouth)

My conclusion was then: he doesn't go outside much, he has been best friends with one guy for many, many years, he has lived with said best friend for many years, has not been seen out with anyone else.... so it must be Phil.

I think that assumption matches most here, and I think it's the assumption that many others would think too, if they knew the history of them both. And I think that was the plan. I'm happy for him, and it was refreshing to hear him mention sex in my opinion, not many people talk about it. But yeah, I think he knew the assumptions that would come from this video, he plans his videos and scripts them, of course he'll know how it'll look.

If those sexual references weren't about Phil, then I'd love to know how the bloody hell he has sex on the regular without anyone spotting him, considering when they leave the house (alone or together) there is usually a selfie/picture with fans to follow.

As for the magnets... boi. No subtlety anywhere. ;)

Hope you're all doing well. <3
:biflag: :blackheart:
honeybee
squish

dontpanic wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:01 am Wait--oral fixation--dentist kink--DAN'S GETTING IT ON WITH HIS DENTIST! Now I understand why Dan won't shut up about his dentist kink. And meanwhile, Phil's getting frisky with his optometrist.
lmao I am down for #Dantist
ahriem
dank meme

on a more serious note, it would be interesting if dan actually decided to prioritize the environmental impact of life choices especially once he realised that not flying would likely by far be the most impactful choice he could make. grappling with that in relation to his career and general lifestyle could be interesting *and* meaningful content if he ever decided to go there.
somelikeitpink
living flop

ahriem wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 pm on a more serious note, it would be interesting if dan actually decided to prioritize the environmental impact of life choices especially once he realised that not flying would likely by far be the most impactful choice he could make. grappling with that in relation to his career and general lifestyle could be interesting *and* meaningful content if he ever decided to go there.
Could be interesting but I'm not sure what he'd be expected to say? "Soz I can't really not fly considering my job. Unless none of you ever want to see us...." :shrug:
Rlights
smol bean

Hi 👋 I’ve been lurking on this site and others and thought i just come and share some thoughts on dan’s video. I’ve wanted to post before but never had the guts i even wrote an initial long comment today but it got deleted since I took too long☹️. What I want to say is 1) I’ve read some comments saying that the video isn’t very honest because if dan was living his true self he would come out. I think some people think d&p shipbait which I don’t think and to them all that d&p do is dishonest but to me dan has been very open about not caring for labels and if he doesn’t want one than that’s good by me. 2) while I myself would like to think d&p are in a relationship it’s not necessary because it’s what they present. In all honesty none of their content screams romantic relationship to me I just think it because it would make sense if they were, living together for so long and all. If they came out with girlfriends I would not feel misled however because they never really made content in my eyes that directly tried to insinuate they were in a relationship.. even the mentions about things “coming in and out of my mouth” which were lumped together ( laughter, food, sex-oral fixation) doesn’t point to a specific act/sexual orientation. After all I’m pretty sure that a heterosexual man in a relationship can also make comments about having an oral fixation. Basically what I was trying to say, rather unarticulately, is that I understand why people don’t see this as proof of sexual orientation. I see both sides and so wanted to post since I’ve seen quite a few comments asking how anyone could think dan was still straight. Sorry this is such a ramble first post just wanted to finally say something
dancy
procrastinator

somelikeitpink wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:26 pm I just had a thought.

Is it possible that what we will see this year is Dan talking more candidly about the relationship he has (making clear at some point that the boyfriend he mentions is phil) without phil being in any way included or it influencing their shared videos? Is this what he's been doing already? idk.
Maybe but for now, I can't even really see Dan explicitly saying something like "I'm queer/not straight" or "I'm in a relationship" or "I'm in love with Phil" in a video . He seems like he doesn't wish to make outright statements concerning his sexuality and relationships and whatnot (which he absolutely doesn't have to) but he does talk and do things in such a way that it's easy to draw conclusions and understand what's he implying. If you’ve been paying attention, it’s pretty obvious that the guy isn’t straight and the whole blow job thing reinforced that (unless you’re really dense or think he’s actually got a thing for sucking on prolapsed vaginas or whatever).

Anyway, I think the poster he made is quite interesting
The comedy and tragedy masks, what do those imply? Being dramatic? Two-faced? Putting on a smile when he's actually not happy at all? There's also a Diamond Play Button, which one gets when they've reached 10 million subs. Someone mentioned a couple of pages ago that Dan might not care for having such a huge audience but apparently it is something he wanted at some point.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

lishachi wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 pm I feel like I haven't posted in years. It's been a while! Life stuff keeping me busy (uni and new job lol) ANYWAY!

I've barely been keeping up with their vids this year, but I have watched them when I've had time and have been lurking here too :D

Last night's video surprised me. I jumped straight onto here to see what you guys were all saying. I think Occam's Razor came to mind "The simplest explanation" and all that. I immediately assumed, based off of the 'oral fixation' and the sex comments that he is having regular sex. (Or just enjoys stuff in and out of his mouth)

My conclusion was then: he doesn't go outside much, he has been best friends with one guy for many, many years, he has lived with said best friend for many years, has not been seen out with anyone else.... so it must be Phil.

I think that assumption matches most here, and I think it's the assumption that many others would think too, if they knew the history of them both. And I think that was the plan. I'm happy for him, and it was refreshing to hear him mention sex in my opinion, not many people talk about it. But yeah, I think he knew the assumptions that would come from this video, he plans his videos and scripts them, of course he'll know how it'll look.

If those sexual references weren't about Phil, then I'd love to know how the bloody hell he has sex on the regular without anyone spotting him, considering when they leave the house (alone or together) there is usually a selfie/picture with fans to follow.

As for the magnets... boi. No subtlety anywhere. ;)

Hope you're all doing well. <3
ugh yes!!!! this!!!! i feel like all logic goes over some of the phandom's heads whenever dnp remind us that they definitely aren't straight. that's not meant to sound mean at all, sorry if it did, i love the phandom! I'm just sensitive about gay relationships being looked over since it really hits home. a lot of people immediately associate "hookup culture" with the LGBTQ community and act as if it's near impossible for people in same-sex relationships to actually commit.
although it's good to keep skepticism in mind, i just don't see how it can go any other way...
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Rlights wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:29 pm Hi 👋 I’ve been lurking on this site and others and thought i just come and share some thoughts on dan’s video. I’ve wanted to post before but never had the guts i even wrote an initial long comment today but it got deleted since I took too long☹️. What I want to say is 1) I’ve read some comments saying that the video isn’t very honest because if dan was living his true self he would come out. I think some people think d&p shipbait which I don’t think and to them all that d&p do is dishonest but to me dan has been very open about not caring for labels and if he doesn’t want one than that’s good by me. 2) while I myself would like to think d&p are in a relationship it’s not necessary because it’s what they present. In all honesty none of their content screams romantic relationship to me I just think it because it would make sense if they were, living together for so long and all. If they came out with girlfriends I would not feel misled however because they never really made content in my eyes that directly tried to insinuate they were in a relationship.. even the mentions about things “coming in and out of my mouth” which were lumped together ( laughter, food, sex-oral fixation) doesn’t point to a specific act/sexual orientation. After all I’m pretty sure that a heterosexual man in a relationship can also make comments about having an oral fixation. Basically what I was trying to say, rather unarticulately, is that I understand why people don’t see this as proof of sexual orientation. I see both sides and so wanted to post since I’ve seen quite a few comments asking how anyone could think dan was still straight. Sorry this is such a ramble first post just wanted to finally say something
im just curious what you would consider "acting relationshippy"?
you can't have a relationship without being best friends with your partner. seeing how they're basically glued together and the soft, fond ways they interact with each other tells me that there's something there.
given their history and the fact they have literally built a life around each other and for their future, it would not surprise me if him and Phil are in a relationship.
and while oral on female genitalia is a thing, I don't think of a long vagina going in and out of Dan's mouth rather than a penis, and i think he intended to get his point across that he enjoys performing fellatio.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
zazzed
squish

dancy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:32 pm
The comedy and tragedy masks, what do those imply? Being dramatic? Two-faced? Putting on a smile when he's actually not happy at all? There's also a Diamond Play Button, which one gets when they've reached 10 million subs. Someone mentioned a couple of pages ago that Dan might not care for having such a huge audience but apparently it is something he wanted at some point.
My immediate reaction to the masks was actually to relate them back to his desire to go back to university, maybe to peruse drama/acting as that was what he was invested in his education leading up to YouTube? That’d be really interesting to see him possibly pursue that career path in his post YouTube endeavors. Although your explanation probably makes more sense in the context of the poster. :shrug:

A girl can dream of Dan on the big screen and Phil behind the camera in their big, gay film debut. If only.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

Comedy and tragedy masks are commonly used as a symbol for drama or acting, especially acting in theatre. They don't usually mean dishonesty in real life. They symbolise Drama as an art form.

Before he got into youtube, Dan wanted to be an actor and went to a theatre school on Sundays when he was in secondary school. I think that "broken dream" is what he is representing in the poster.
karma_yeah
philussy

Just noticed Dan's video already has over 1M views
What goes around, comes around Image
autumnhearth
senpai

I agree with @shoe for the theater masks. I immediately thought about him giving up on theater as a teenager because he didn’t think he’d realistically become an actor and instead went off to drink cider in the woods with some slightly cooler kids. I think that ties into the message of not letting fear holding you back and wishing he could go back knowing what he knows now.

Just wanted to say that I was clapping in my head the whole time I read your post @fancybum. A lot of other good ones too for sure.
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

I'm late as hell to this party, but I loved the video! I honestly didn't take much away from it other than the fact that Dan comfortable enough with his audience that he's gradually breaking down the wall he's built between him and his audience bit by bit in terms of his mental state and sexuality - which makes me immensely proud of him and the personal progress he's made. I just hope that some of the less-behaved fans don't see him confirming that he has a sex life as an invitation to be creepy and invasive about his sex life (as if they don't do it already)
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

dancy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:32 pm Anyway, I think the poster he made is quite interesting
What is that in the top right corner? Is it his sad dimple? And any person more knowledgable than me know where the younger image in top left is from?

I rewatched both of their “Draw My Life” videos recently and feel like (as previous posters have said) this poster might be partly referring to the moment he mentioned in that video, where he didn’t follow through on the theatre stuff. In “draw my life” he seemed to feel like it was too late to go back to acting/theatre, hopefully this self-reflection will help him realise that it’s never too late!

Edit: Everyone can type faster than I can on mobile :)
Last edited by LadyLackless on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anonymousdork
delia smith

sapienveneficus wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:16 am Okay, I've read through everyone's reactions, and it looks like I'm in the same boat with a lot of you after having watched Dan's latest video. In short, I feel shook. (Did I use that correctly, fellow youngsters? Insert gif of Steve Buscemi wearing a snapback here) I know some people have been reacting to some of the things Dan shared in a nonchalant way, and I do get that. This video certainly wasn't the first time Dan's alluded to or straight up mentioned male attraction. But I would argue that the way he talked about sex in this video was different, and that alone is reason enough to feel all the feelings after having seen it. (Again, did I do that right?)

In the past, Dan's mentioned that he finds guys attractive, he's talked about consuming gay media (drag race, Yuri on Ice, and whatnot), and he's voiced support for out celebs (most recently Adam Rippon and Gus Kenworthy during the Winter Olympics). All of these actions, while they certainly distance him from the 2012 version of himself, could easily be interpreted as the actions of a single-pringle, bi-curious guy who's down for the cause, but also home alone masturbating and eating pizza. (Dan's words, not mine)But in this video, Dan made it clear that he was down for, well, getting down with dudes, and that he's doing so on the regular. That admission is both new and different. Now whether you believe that the dude on the receiving end of Dan's affections is Phil, or you imagine that he and Phil have some sort of elaborate, hidden tunnel system worked out so that a parade of guys can sneak in and out of their apartment at all hours of the day and night (because lord knows Danny ain't going outside), it cannot be denied that Dan is actively having sex with men. Something he's never discussed in a concrete way before. I consider that to be a big step on his part. It's not a coming out, per se, but it's a choice to be more open about himself than he has ever been before.

I attempted to keep my video reaction as neutral as possible, but now, putting on my demon goggles for a second :phangoggles2: , I want to share that I too believe this is the year Dan and Phil will come out as a couple. It won't be in the way other couples on YouTube have done it, no big spectacles for these two, but I think that two forces are working behind the scenes to make this inevitable. First, both Dan and Phil have been maturing their content as they've aged up their on-camera personas. Part of that maturation, has been a greater degree of authenticity. Now, granted, this has been more Dan than Phil, but Phil's made great strides of his own. I think he's pretty much kicked his innocent, angel bean image, which is certainly a step in the right direction. Second, I just don't think they can keep their relationship a secret indefinitely.

Now, like I said, I don't see them ever doing something cheesy like a joint coming out video, with them sat on a couch crying. No, they'll do something uber subtle. Maybe they'll let Cornelia include a pic of them kissing in a series of photos she posts to Instagram. Whatever the method, my prediction is that by the end of 2018, they'll have confirmed their relationship.
This is exactly what I was feeling about the video but was unable to put into words!
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Since we are due an AP Video I just hope It isn’t another Sleepless Night with Phil filmed at 8pm
malday
emo goose

LadyLackless wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:19 pm What is that in the top right corner? Is it his sad dimple? And any person more knowledgable than me know where the younger image in top left is from?

I rewatched both of their “Draw My Life” videos recently and feel like (as previous posters have said) this poster might be partly referring to the moment he mentioned in that video, where he didn’t follow through on the theatre stuff. In “draw my life” he seemed to feel like it was too late to go back to acting/theatre, hopefully this self-reflection will help him realise that it’s never too late!
It looks like The Sad Dimple in one corner and his younger self from his first youtube video in the other.

I'm wondering why he included the 10 mil. subs button with the broken dreams (if that is the meaning behind it). Does he think growing his channel to that number is not an achievable goal anymore? Or he doesn't know if it's worth the effort.
somelikeitpink
living flop

somelikeitpink wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:26 pm I just had a thought.

Maybe but for now, I can't even really see Dan explicitly saying something like "I'm queer/not straight" or "I'm in a relationship" or "I'm in love with Phil" in a video . He seems like he doesn't wish to make outright statements concerning his sexuality and relationships and whatnot (which he absolutely doesn't have to) but he does talk and do things in such a way that it's easy to draw conclusions and understand what's he implying. If you’ve been paying attention, it’s pretty obvious that the guy isn’t straight and the whole blow job thing reinforced that (unless you’re really dense or think he’s actually got a thing for sucking on prolapsed vaginas or whatever).
Oh I definitely agree on the last part. I mean he makes it pretty obvious what EXACTLY he means.

And I mean I didn't specifically mean that he goes and says "I'm in love with phil." Or maybe even "I'm queer/straight." But mainly because I'm not sure if Dan thinks thats necessary? (double standard with heteronormative and all that)
I do however can see Dan bringing in things that equally state that he is in a relationship. "That moment when you boyfriend steals your cereal am I rite?"
Maybe thats an extreme example but I mean who would have thought Dan basically does a rambly video just to state that he sucks dick about half a year ago? So even if it seems a little farfetched now.. It doesn't seem to be unreasonable to me.