Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

oh dan… love the cocktail, hate the shirt.
(top of the page and its an insult to dan? fml)
Last edited by sonicgreen on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

KatjaZoe wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:04 pm It really doesn't make sense to me that to many people it seems like its either phan is real or they're both single. If phan actually isn't real and they really are best friends, then its not realistic to think they'd be single forever. Plenty of people have both best friends and significant others, and i don't think it would be crazy for someone to be okay with their bf visiting their best friends families (especially when they've been friends as long as deppy), in fact i would go so far as to say that most people should be okay with it, otherwise that doesn't seem like a very healthy relationship. If one of them does have (or in the future has) a significant other, one would have to assume that they know about dan and phil being very close and are okay with it. And just because some people on the internet ship phan doesn't mean that anyone else they could possibly be romantically involved with should be so jealous that wouldn't be okay with them living together, going on tour, etc. They would know the real dan and phil a lot better than we do and would know the real dynamic of their friendship. (also with the tour thing, there's plenty of musicians/other performers that go on tour all the time for months and still have relationships and even marriages and families)

As far as like "going on vacation with phil and bryony and wirrow and not them" argument, as far as i remember we didn't even know where they were on vacation at until they got back -- basically saying we don't know the whole picture of whats going on a lot of the time, so we can't really assume who's there/ not there at any time. I mean after all, we never see any pics of wirrow, but he's still there right?
In response to the underground tunnel thing, they wouldn't even have to be sneaking boys into their apartment, we don't know where they live. There's too much that we don't know for us to assume that we do know anything, imo.

I've said this before but for me, i really won't be convinced they're together unless there's actual proof or it comes out of their own mouths. So far all they've ever said is that they are not together, and i'm going to believe them unless they say otherwise. And if i'm wrong, i will eat my words and declare them world's cutest couple and all that along with everyone else. I'm not opposed to them being together, it just doesn't seem to me like they are. Just because two guys are close and (at least dan that we know for sure) not straight doesn't mean that it has to be romantic.
I completely get what you're saying. I know people that are in relationships but go on vacations with their best friends, or go to their best friend's house for christmas. I don't think it's unrealistic for this to happen, and I think it's very healthy to have that trust. So I do see how this could be a possibility. I guess I just don't really see this in this particular situation. We obviously don't see all of Dan and Phil's lives, but from what we do see, I just don't really see the possibility of them having different significant others. But obviously there still is that possibility, so it's just a difference in opinion.

As for the vacation thing, I'm pretty sure we did know they were going on the vacation before they got back, but I guess that's besides the point - because you're right, we don't see Wirrow, so there could be other people on these trips that we don't see. Just, from what we know, I doubt it - but again, it is a possibility.

I've talked about this before, but I really don't care what side of things people are on as long as they're respectful to everyone. You don't have to 'eat your words' if they ever come out, because you haven't done anything wrong by not being sure they are a couple. It's all personal opinion. Like I said before, I'm not 100% sure they are together - I just think it's the most likely possibility at this point, with what we know. But hey, none of us really know the truth. Basically my point is, everyone (on both sides) just be nice and respectful to each other (and this isn't directed at you katjazoe btw)
Last edited by greenergrass on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:18 am oh dan… love the cocktail, hate the shirt.
(top of the page and its an insult to dan? fml)
same! I want to try the cocktail it sounds amazing, where do you buy nougat vodka from?
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

lmao that photo. 2018 dan is killing it
blackdenim
procrastinator

I just watched the video - I was out last night when I got the notification (twitter, much more reliable!) and I honestly contemplated sneaking off to the toilets of the bar I was in to watch it :lol:

I don't really have anything to add to all the great things everyone else has said. But to weigh in on Dan's sex life (lol), I'm the biggest Phan-nostic person in the world: I change my mind weekly, daily, hourly. And true to form, I can see his comments both in the context of someone who is in a long-term relationship (which probably would be, but I suppose isn't necessarily, with Phil) or as someone who is living his best single life and having regular hookups.

I agree with the poster (sorry I'm too tired to go back and find your name!) who said that the mentions of sex seemed quite divorced from love or intimacy, which is what makes me think it's the latter. And not to get too personal or analytical, but sometimes people going through or coming out of a depressive period can feel like casual sex is attractive because it's validating, it's a form of human connection, meds are messing with sex drive, so that would also lean into Dan talking about casual sex (also interesting to think about the validation part of this in light of 'narcissism' being in the video as someone else mentioned).

But at the same time, he was clearly phrasing stuff vaguely on purpose so we could all read whatever we wanted into it - he was never gonna be completely direct and say 'I'm talking about Phi/My long-term boyfriend/the guy I'm hooking up with this week'!

I think the thing we can all agree on is that he definitely, definitely wasn't talking about sex with women in this video... I hope the people saying that don't hurt themselves from reaching so hard!

Anyway I've surprised myself with how analytical I got with this my posts on this forum are usually v light and fluffy.. so will end by saying that shirt is ugly Dan, I'm officially revoking your status as my fashion inspiration.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

malday wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:17 am
i really just want to know how their drink menu planning session went down
hello9217
flower crown

:rofl: That shirt is an $1800 Versace Pajama shirt...its so ugly
Edit: heres the link if thats the right shirt https://www.modaoperandi.com/versace-ss18/pajama-shirt
Last edited by hello9217 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

that cocktail sounds fucking delicious and i want it, but i agree that the shirt is terrible. i actually like most of his fashion choices a lot, but that is just straight-up abhorrent.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

This is shaping up to be quite an Oscar night indeed
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alien
procrastinator

Is the drink supposed to look like pee? And I’m glad the shirt is pjs which I love as a dress code for their party. I wonder who else is there.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

hello9217 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:29 am :rofl: That shirt is an $1800 Versace Pajama shirt...its so ugly
Rich people never fail to both amuse and confuse me :lol:
I'll admit, though, I really did laugh out loud when I read his caption lmao
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That shirt was a choice. An expensive one... :|

It did instantly remind me of this:
Oldie but a goldie (all puns intended).
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that shirt :scram: I could be open-minded and let the guy live, but it looks sleazy as hell, reminds me of a mob boss or a pimp. Didn't need to know about the reason for the hazelnuts, but I do like the look on his face and do my eyes deceive me or is that the other side of his face from the usual good-side head-tilt? I'm intrigued by nougat vodka, but most alcohol especially soapy vodka and bitter af champagne are top of my nope list, so I doubt it's really making it taste that great.

The old gold tshirt looks kinda cute.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

hello9217 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:29 am :rofl: That shirt is an $1800 Versace Pajama shirt...its so ugly
Edit: heres the link if thats the right shirt https://www.modaoperandi.com/versace-ss18/pajama-shirt
Looks like a knock-off to me tbh. The gold design doesn't go to the buttons or down the sleeves on Dan's shirt. I also have mildly more faith in his fashion than this. :lol:

Holy shit, though. I love that instagram all around. The celebration of CMBYN, the cocktail Dan and Phil came up with for the night, the fact that they're hosting and the theme seems to be "obnoxious". I am LIVING!

I hope they keep tweeting through-out.
alien
procrastinator

snokoplasmic wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:31 am
Rich people never fail to both amuse and confuse me :lol:
I'll admit, though, I really did laugh out loud when I read his caption lmao
Do they sell Versace at tk maxx ?
https://twitter.com/danielhowell/status ... 56832?s=21
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

of course it is :roll: I have ugly shirts too, they were like $2 tho... I wish I had about two grand to drop on something I'd never wear in public :lol:

...also...
fingers crossed for another sleeping-Phil pic

*edit* - on second thought, I don't think it's the same shirt as the one on the Versace website. hopefully he didn't actually spend that much then on such an awful shirt
Last edited by whelpkeeper on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
karma_yeah
philussy

I love it! Dan giving us what we want, those domestic Oscars pics. Here's to a "winning" evening :ribena: .

Not quite sure what his drink would taste like, but . . . I admire the creativity.
What goes around, comes around Image
hello9217
flower crown

rizzo wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:37 am
Looks like a knock-off to me tbh. The gold design doesn't go to the buttons or down the sleeves on Dan's shirt. I also have mildly more faith in his fashion than this. :lol:

Holy shit, though. I love that instagram all around. The celebration of CMBYN, the cocktail Dan and Phil came up with for the night, the fact that they're hosting and the theme seems to be "obnoxious". I am LIVING!

Yeah he replied that he got it at tk max so it must be a knock off.
Rigby
lady door

It's the same pattern but the sleeves are different.

He reminds me of Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg in the Motherlover sketch from SNL:

Rlights
smol bean

I couldn’t agree more on how ugly that shirt is and I can only hope he is 1) wearing it ironically in a homage to tacky oscars attire and 2) it was gifted to him or is a knockoff cause I can’t imagine anyone spending that much on something so bad
blackdenim
procrastinator

hello9217 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:39 am
rizzo wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:37 am

Yeah he replied that he got it at tk max so it must be a knock off.
they sell actual Versace at some TK Maxx's (the cheaper Versace Jeans brand, but still) it could actually be real and still come from there.

We love a bargain hunter.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

tk maxx sell shirts like versace for about 50-40% of the usual price if you get lucky but he's paid a lot to only wear for this so i want to see it worn weekly
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He also replied to someone that it's a pyjama top and he's wearing grey sweatpants with it (even more mob-boss/pimp tbh). And the hazelnuts aren't edible? I had to stop myself asking him if he'd kept the receipt.
allsaintshowell

quite literally the best fashion choice he's made recently. i approve and am heading to tk maxx asap to try to find one of my own.
Image Image
allsaintshowell

double post but

i found the shirt!! it is versace, but it's from 2014 and was £705 originally. thanks to selena gomez wearing it for her 22nd birthday, we have an answer.

Image Image