Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I liked the video! They had good bants and for some reason I always enjoy Dan vs Phil videos.

Edit: why is this at the top
:transheart:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:59 pm Maybe he didn’t want to write a new tweet because it would just be one more thing for everybody to criticize for doing wrong loooool
:thanks:

I honestly thought the same thing when he didn’t tweet something. Usually he puts good effort into important dates so I was shocked when he just gave a RT. I did worry that maybe he was going through a rough patch given the issues this past week. Then I got home from work and saw #welovedan tweets but then people criticising the tweets and wow the phandom has been wild. I’m glad I’ve been busy af today as it’s meant I’ve hardly checked social media.

@mermaid blood I really loved your last few posts and if we had the thanks button I would thank you 100x

Time to go and watch Phil in glasses yeah boi Crash Bandicoot video!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I really enjoyed that video. I liked their previous Crash Bandicoot video and this one didn't disappoint.
Personally didn't notice Dan being in a weird mood. I thought the bants were fun.
honeybee
squish

applegrass wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 pm I mostly go to YouTube not seeking easy and lighthearted entertainment, but "quality content", and I am a sucker for deep conversational videos/long podcasts/etc.

- Dan considering going back to uni; I was very happy and comfortable in my school - both classmates and teachers were sophisticated and respectful people; after that, having to leave my safe zone and go to uni felt like the greatest tragedy in history of the universe for me, accompanied by my ignorance of who I want to be in life; ironically, Dan's videos about dropping out of uni were something that helped me not to drop out of it and keep going; so anything about his uni situation resonates in me strongly
Damn, I relate to this, except I did end up dropping out of uni rather than staying :lol: Has turned out for the better though, which is good.

But yeah, I think these other points in the video were so important. Dan's deeper videos always make me have some self-reflection for a good while after.
phillyforgot
butt chair

I thought the newest video was decent. I smiled when Dan said they needed time apart as it made it clearer that he didn't want to spend time apart from Phil at all. <3
anonymousdork
delia smith

The video was nice. I got some sliiightly weird vibes from Dan, but that's probably just me projecting the events of the last few days onto his behavior. I think the phandom (and Dan and Phil) needs a few more days to let this all settle.

Man, but all this combined with the endless hiatus in Steven Universe, and a increased workload before spring break is not doing wonders for me right now.
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
alien
procrastinator

I’m sorry if this is ugly I’m on my phone

:05 “we’re having a furry threesome” Phil says he knew dan would say something about furries but doesn’t say anything about the threesome comment which Dan replies with “just living my truth Phil”
:34 dan says “peta would not approve” about the game they’re playing and my first thought was “who’s peter?”
1:58. “Cause hamsters they just roger(?) anything...same tbh” I’ve never heard the term “roger” for “have sex with”before is that what he says? Anyway it’s clear dan’s not picky.
3:46 out of all the animals Phil would like to ride a tiger is not one of them
4:02 “I’ll hit ya mum’s box...I mean I didn’t say that. I did not say that.” Phil really cracks himself up with that one. Dan: “that’s a solid not okay”
5:12-5:26 Phil talks about his heart racing which leads to this adorable quiet voice exchange between the two of them
6:26-6:34 Phil wins the first round and does the most adorable boasting
6:36-6:53 dan somehow knows Phil is going to make a “hit the road jack” reference which leads to dan saying the spend too much time together and they need some time apart which leads to them fake crying and then “but seriously we’re both really weird” and I think the whole thing was hilarious
8:52 dan: “you can imagine if we’re filming this right now how it was when we were actually doing this for hours trying to get the medals” they sure spend a lot of time together don’t they
9:26 dan: “I’m fine I’m calm and my resolution is to not scream because when we play games in real life and we’re not filming I’m never emotional” Phil: laughs “oh yeah” dan: “alright dans angry when he plays Mario kart Mr Phil playing fortnite- career ending - his language”
11:42-11:52 Phil’s goes to imitate what the next animal is but uses a noise which dan objects to. Phil: who makes the rules? Dan: “ugh *eyeroll* ok fine”
11:54- 12:10 talking wild hogs and horses
13:05 Phil: “how ya finding it?” Dan: “I’m concentrating massively” phil: “I can tell”
14:48 dans long drawn out bleep and Phil’s adorable laugh
16:34 dan dies where phil did earlier and they can’t remember the time correctly (genuinely I didn’t get the sense they were making this up) but say it’s the same which leads to an all or nothing but if you actually pay attention to the time dan was technically faster lol
17:20 a now 3rd mention of how much time they spent together playing this game “we did have no life for a solid 2 weeks maybe”
17:23 rock paper scissors, dan wins and chooses phil to go first. Phil: “I choose you philichu” in the funniest voice. Idk why I love this part so much
18:12 Phil puts the bandicoot cut out on dan’s cheek with a nice hearty pat
18:53 dan imitates a “wild phil crying at crash bandicoot”
19:06 “give us a thumbs up” “what does that say about you? That you want more furry threesome action from dan and Phil maybe we’ll add some more to the pile know what I’m saying? The dog pile” “stop”

Unimportant side note: I think it’s so gross when they bite the controller lol
Very important side note: phil looks incredible in his glasses
sadshrew
tol bean

ratlad wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 pm hmm, i think my mood was yet again put off with the anxiety of the discussion, but that's not anyone's fault.
I don't know how to interpret the moment when dan said "we need to spend some time apart" he was probably just joking, but it still made me feel upset at the idea of that and i think i need help trying to understand what it meant. and this is the first time this year dan said "friendship" in a gaming vid this year, which isn't a big deal because (demon ahead) people in relationships absolutely have to be best friends, but was there any underlying messages that could spike my anxiety and over thinking? I don't think they're moving apart, i just wanna know if anyone got the same vibes i felt.
i need comfort.
i also love crash bandicoot very much.
i actually made an account here just to share my incoherent thoughts on this. my mood was definitely affected by the recent discourse and i'm like a sponge that tends to absorb all the anxiety around me, so i was cautious going into this vid as i had already seen a few comments describing it as tense, but it honestly didn't come off to me that way. i think the needing to spend time apart comment was pretty cute in the sense that dan had to change the topic immediately afterwards. poor lad really cannot entertain the thought of spending time apart from phil even as a joke for more than three seconds. he also kept bringing up how they've completed the game and how much time they've spent on it (i mean, he even wanted to know if phil beat our record) so he seemed pretty happy to remind us that they do indeed spend all their time together even though no one was asking, then closing off the video with a silly impression that phil immediately got because they have that whole mental connection thing that dan loves mentioning.

i thought it was a pretty decent video. dan vs phil vids tend to be a bit more intense than the normal ones for me, but the bants were cute. i liked how dan's voice got a bit softer when he was concentrating, and how in spite of all the consensual bants he started to cheer on phil like he always does. the sympathy from hell moment was also pretty sweet, dan was being such a little shit and phil and i love him for it.

ps. sorry if i did this wrong! hello internet!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I loved that, classic obnoxious competition, I’m not sure either of them ever wins or loses gracefully, and a heckton of sex-bants. Dan’s comment about the phallic spiky things in the hog levels not being penis-related was funny mainly cos I couldn’t tell if he was joking (I mean, he must know phallic means exactly that :? ) He was right with his parting comment of loving his cuteness in his hat and Phil’s hotness in his glasses, that is truly all we subscribe for. I love that hat and how lovely it looks on Dan so I hope he likes it too.

Amazing that the Dan vs Phil announcement has gone so far it now lacks all sound. I could’ve sworn Phil hit 41 seconds on his second go on the hog level, but maybe the time just ticked over after he’d died. I was glad to see them do well in their third tries on the first one, it was pretty satisfying after all the sudden deaths.

Loved the long bleep of Dan’s weasel-related expletives and hearing about Phil’s away from the camera. I’d love to hear that. Funny bit about the ripped-in-half Zelda sticker. In the final moments of that video it was Phil who knocked Dan’s half off his side of the board (it seemed accidental and they didn’t notice). Dunno what’s happened to Phil’s now, but it was cute how he moved Dan’s half to the middle.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I got weirdly really into that video, like I was genuinely on the edge of my seat lmao. I really enjoyed it!! I didn't at all get the vibe that something was off, nor did I perceive Dan to be in a weird/bad mood. Their bants were natural and to me it felt a lot like I was just watching them play a game in their lounge room. I love how many times they mentioned the amount of time they spent together perfecting the game, and how they ridiculed the idea of spending time apart.

I didn't think anything of the times they referred to each other as "friend" or said "friendship" or whatever because like,,, what else are they gonna refer to themselves as? They've never called each other anything else, so I don't get what people expect them to say. So yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the video and was relieved that the tension that seemed to be in the air after Dan's liveshow wasn't apparent in the video (although, that may be because it was filmed before the liveshow, who knows).
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I found it an entertaining video with above average bants :thumb:

Some things i really liked:

-They really are so weirdly competitive about some of these classic games. It's cute to see them chew up controlers, get intensely focused on finishing the furthest and i loved their attempts to sabotage each other's progress.
- I liked the jokes, they weren't as measured and tame as they get in some of their video's Phil's "hitting your moms hit box" came so unexpected i just had to laugh out loud. Bonus points for them feeding the ongoing furry meme. Incest jokes somehow almost sound cute when they make them. Dan, just like the hamsters in nature, likes to enjoy everything appaz :lol:
- I loved Dan's slightly more frank than usual tone. Some of the non sex jokes ( like the AI joke) were funny too.
-I loved all of Phil's wacky pop references even though i rarely get them :D

Some things I didn't like so much:

-While i think the frustrated shouting is more reflective of Dan's true personality (like he sarcastically says "it's not like i ever react emotional when i play games irl") .. the sound level man. It's just to damn high. The bleeping was funny thouh, 10 seconds of Dan frustration just ending in a muted "weasel" :mrgreen:
-Dan occupied about 70-80 percent of the airwaves. It would be nice if he made a more deliberate effort to let Phil finish his thoughts. Phil needs to grab the mic a bit faster, it was a quick paced video and some more snap comments wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

A great vid to relax my tired mind a bit :love1:
Last edited by Stakhanov on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I liked this video and genuinely laughed at a few points. It wasn't their best gaming video this year but I thought it was better than Zelda so that's a point in its favor.
Dan did seem a little down but he's been that way for every video this year so I don't know if it's all due to this last week but he was still enjoyable. Phil was a delight as always. I love it when he gets into a game because then he starts talking about things like Santa and Satan being the same and I always love it when he talks about how he makes the rules.

about phan: I have many thoughts, not all of them positive so I'll just say that I thought their bants seemed natural and above all they do scream 2 people that have a lot of shared history and that is always nice.

now to put my wishes out there: i'd really love a live show next week(phillip) and for them to upload Getting Over It soon. I'd also like a joint live show where they talked to us seriously (preferably before more tour spon)

what I'd like most of all is for Dan to feel better, for Phil to feel better because it's obvious he's been stressed since the beginning of the year too, and for us all to get to a good place before the tour so that we can all make it through the next few months intact.
malday
emo goose

captainspacecoat wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:18 am I got weirdly really into that video, like I was genuinely on the edge of my seat lmao. I really enjoyed it!! I didn't at all get the vibe that something was off, nor did I perceive Dan to be in a weird/bad mood. Their bants were natural and to me it felt a lot like I was just watching them play a game in their lounge room. I love how many times they mentioned the amount of time they spent together perfecting the game, and how they ridiculed the idea of spending time apart.
The bants seemed natural to me too, but the way Dan was speaking very fast (but also subdued) at times that Phil couldn't keep up with him made it seem he was in a weird mood. :shrug:
But that didn't affect my enjoyment of the video, i liked it.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I can't stay mad for too long (well I can, but not over this) so I genuinely enjoyed this video. Maybe because it kinda felt like a return to normal after all the discourse from the past week? They seemed in a relatively good mood (the AP video was a lot more tense), there was some good bants going on, I always love me some Phil in glasses and I liked the return of the Gatorland hat. There were still some things that made me pause, but I'm just gonna say that was me being silly and be done with it. Dan making snarky jokes is nothing new and I'd rather he'd let stuff out on video that way than like he did in his liveshow.

It'll take some more time for things to settle in the phandom and probably Dan's brain, but I think a video like this was a step in the right direction. :ribena:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
moaninglisa
drama llama

ratlad wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 pm hmm, i think my mood was yet again put off with the anxiety of the discussion, but that's not anyone's fault.
I don't know how to interpret the moment when dan said "we need to spend some time apart" he was probably just joking, but it still made me feel upset at the idea of that and i think i need help trying to understand what it meant. and this is the first time this year dan said "friendship" in a gaming vid this year, which isn't a big deal because (demon ahead) people in relationships absolutely have to be best friends, but was there any underlying messages that could spike my anxiety and over thinking? I don't think they're moving apart, i just wanna know if anyone got the same vibes i felt.
i need comfort.
i think it's interesting that you mention this. i'm not sure i can view dan's comments in the same way though. dan wants to live his truth, right? if he's been in a long-term relationship with phil, a fellow youtuber, who he lives and works with but has kept it hush hush you'd think they would drop the best friends act altogether and make glaringly obvious they're in a relationship but instead... they're still referring to each other as 'friend'. i think that says something.
dontpanic
#relatable

moaninglisa wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:22 am
i need comfort.
i think it's interesting that you mention this. i'm not sure i can view dan's comments in the same way though. dan wants to live his truth, right? if he's been in a long-term relationship with phil, a fellow youtuber, who he lives and works with but has kept it hush hush you'd think they would drop the best friends act altogether and make glaringly obvious they're in a relationship but instead... they're still referring to each other as 'friend'. i think that says something.
That's a great observation, it's so interesting whenever they off-handedly give a label to their relationship (ah, the beauty of Phil Trash #1). Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this gave some people anxiety it's totally understandable seeing how the phandom isn't at its usual positivity levels and such. However, friendship is really the only (and strongest) way for them to describe their relationship without coming out so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

@ratlad I can't see how the whole living his truth thing has to involve coming out to millions of people. I don't think that says anything at all.

edit to give a shout out to the gatorland hat, the single greatest addition to Dan's wardrobe EVER no exceptions
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

That video was enjoyable. I'm not the biggest fan of these types of gaming videos, but I'm always down for some solid bants. On a slightly related note, seeing Dan in his Gatorland hat made me think of Florida and the annual Lester family trip. With the tour fast approaching, and the lack of Playlist as a cover/excuse for their joint travels, do you think they'll go this year?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

i need comfort.
Live your truth doesn't mean tell the truth about everything to everyone; it means be truthful to yourself, and live that. Personal truths come in a lot of forms. Wanting to keep your relationship private and not be defined by your sexuality could absolutely be Dan's truth, and be what makes him happiest to live.

(I'd also point out here that 'best friends' isn't an act. No matter the romantic nature of them, they absolutely are best friends.)
ratlad
angel bean

sadshrew wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 pm
i need comfort.
i actually made an account here just to share my incoherent thoughts on this. my mood was definitely affected by the recent discourse and i'm like a sponge that tends to absorb all the anxiety around me, so i was cautious going into this vid as i had already seen a few comments describing it as tense, but it honestly didn't come off to me that way. i think the needing to spend time apart comment was pretty cute in the sense that dan had to change the topic immediately afterwards. poor lad really cannot entertain the thought of spending time apart from phil even as a joke for more than three seconds. he also kept bringing up how they've completed the game and how much time they've spent on it (i mean, he even wanted to know if phil beat our record) so he seemed pretty happy to remind us that they do indeed spend all their time together even though no one was asking, then closing off the video with a silly impression that phil immediately got because they have that whole mental connection thing that dan loves mentioning.

i thought it was a pretty decent video. dan vs phil vids tend to be a bit more intense than the normal ones for me, but the bants were cute. i liked how dan's voice got a bit softer when he was concentrating, and how in spite of all the consensual bants he started to cheer on phil like he always does. the sympathy from hell moment was also pretty sweet, dan was being such a little shit and phil and i love him for it.

ps. sorry if i did this wrong! hello internet!
ok bless u so much for explaining that! and i just checked back, and the face phil made a split second before the jumpcut after dan said the "time apart" thing was like :'-0 like a "nnnoooooo"
although im going to be picky here, and i usually never ever am: dan didn't feel phils heart beat :-/ i know it's unnecessary lol and they probably dont do it outside of filming and it probably didn't even cross dans mind ???? whatever! im fine. it's fine.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
ratlad
angel bean

captainspacecoat wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:18 am

I didn't think anything of the times they referred to each other as "friend" or said "friendship" or whatever because like,,, what else are they gonna refer to themselves as? They've never called each other anything else, so I don't get what people expect them to say.
So yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the video and was relieved that the tension that seemed to be in the air after Dan's liveshow wasn't apparent in the video (although, that may be because it was filmed before the liveshow, who knows).
you are correct and I've actually made this point before (in my own mind, just thinkin)
but when i was anxious earlier, my mind just made everything so intense and i just read it as 'dan trying to shut us up about their relationship'
now i see how ridiculous i sound earlier lmao.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

flarequake wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:10 am I loved that, classic obnoxious competition, I’m not sure either of them ever wins or loses gracefully, and a heckton of sex-bants. Dan’s comment about the phallic spiky things in the hog levels not being penis-related was funny mainly cos I couldn’t tell if he was joking (I mean, he must know phallic means exactly that :? ) He was right with his parting comment of loving his cuteness in his hat and Phil’s hotness in his glasses, that is truly all we subscribe for. I love that hat and how lovely it looks on Dan so I hope he likes it too.
That’s rich coming from him
Also :respekt2: alittledizzy you said it better than I was about to attempt.
hello9217
flower crown

i need comfort.
I didn't take it like that at all. First and foremost they are friends at the end of the day and I think if anything else they value their friendship first. It may sound weird and trust me I am probs 100% wrong but while on here and tumblr people were not liking the first part of dan's liveshow the people on twitter did not like the ending of dan solo merch. I think a lot of different discussions were brought out from the ls but on top of everything else a lot of people felt with separate merch and very few phil mentions that the end of deppy was near. So I'm assuming Dan probably saw a lot of different discussions that were happening and did what dan does best; made a joke out of it. "Oh look people think dan and I are going separate ways let me make a joke to show how ridiculous that is." He did seem to make a couple snarky comments in both this video and the one with Phil so that's why this came to mind.
Also why would people think they would make their relationship obvious? In 50 days they are starting their world tour and quite a few countries they are going to are not lgbt friendly. Here's a post from awhile back someone made about them visiting russia and why it's important:
https://quercussp.tumblr.com/post/17023 ... the-russia
willowgarden
squish

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:48 am
if he's been in a long-term relationship with phil, a fellow youtuber, who he lives and works with but has kept it hush hush you'd think they would drop the best friends act altogether and make glaringly obvious they're in a relationship but instead... they're still referring to each other as 'friend'. i think that says something.
Live your truth doesn't mean tell the truth about everything to everyone; it means be truthful to yourself, and live that. Personal truths come in a lot of forms. Wanting to keep your relationship private and not be defined by your sexuality could absolutely be Dan's truth, and be what makes him happiest to live.

(I'd also point out here that 'best friends' isn't an act. No matter the romantic nature of them, they absolutely are best friends.)
Let us all collectively remember when Dil and Tabitha made a few friendly overtures toward each other early in their relationship, then suddenly their romance level appeared as a little pink negative, and how both Dan and Phil were collectively shocked and confused for a good ten seconds. We may never know what goes on, but they may always consider themselves friends first.

And yes, I did just use a Sims 4 reference, saints preserve us.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
flurry
living flop

Phil's main channel video: it was okay - felt a lot like a filler type of video - watched it once but I'm not going to watch it again.

Gaming video: I really enjoyed this, which is good after feeling generally frustrated with Dan. There is that bit though when Dan says they've been spending too much time together and maybe should spend some time apart - hm it just struck me as weird since they're going to be doing a full world tour together? Not sure where the time apart comes from. Also not sure if this feeds into what he said during the liveshow about having professional filming for his own main channel videos and his own merchandise - both of which I'm not personally that keen on.

Offtopic(how do I do this on my phone?): I saw Cat's latest video on not being invited to Vidcon because now only the "famous" Youtubers get to go and so "original creators" like herself are sidelined. Personally I thought it was whiny and annoying but I would love to hear what others think, especially since Dan and Phil were with Cat quite a lot in previous Vidcons and that's when videos of them three together emerge in her vlogs too. The reason I didn't agree with her video is that clearly those with more views are going to be at Vidcon and just because she was there before doesn't guarantee a free pass to every Vidcon for the rest of her life - that would also take the chance away from new creators who are gaining popularity. And in any other job, those who don't perform don't retain their positions/privileges even if they've been 20 years in the job, so I just felt she didn't make much logical sense.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Bit late to finally reflect on the video, but overall I really liked it, and considering I'm a sucker for old school console games and deps playing ones form their childhoods, I was bound to enjoy it more than a typical gaming video. Some of Dan's comments felt a little off to me ("way to imply that everything phallic is a penis" for example), however it wasn't in a tense or uncomfortable way, but rather because I think I'm just listening too carefully at the moment, which is definitely all on me. I ultimately found the video to be oddly cozy, with the combination of really top notch bants and my love for those kinds of games, it was like being wrapped in a warm blanket lol
also I'm fucking living for all the glasses Phil we're getting omg
flurry wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:46 am Gaming video: I really enjoyed this, which is good after feeling generally frustrated with Dan. There is that bit though when Dan says they've been spending too much time together and maybe should spend some time apart - hm it just struck me as weird since they're going to be doing a full world tour together? Not sure where the time apart comes from. Also not sure if this feeds into what he said during the liveshow about having professional filming for his own main channel videos and his own merchandise - both of which I'm not personally that keen on.
That bit was definitely a joke